PDA

View Full Version : Murray Rothbard Review of The Bell Curve

Mister D
09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Murray Rothbard believed that race matters.

---

Well, one vital and recent social change has been not only truly revolutionary but has occurred at almost dizzying speed. Namely: Until literally mid-October 1994, it was shameful and taboo for anyone to talk publicly or write about, home truths which everyone, and I mean everyone, knew in their hearts and in private: that is, almost self-evident truths about race, intelligence, and heritability. What used to be widespread shared public knowledge about race and ethnicity among writers, publicists, and scholars, was suddenly driven out of the public square by Communist anthropologist Franz Boas and his associates in the 1930s, and it has been taboo ever since. Essentially, I mean the almost self-evident fact that individuals, ethnic groups, and races differ among themselves in intelligence and in many other traits, and that intelligence, as well as less controversial traits of temperament, are in large part hereditary.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/ir/Ch75.html

Carygrant
09-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Thank goodness we have Free Speech here . No such inhibitions .
But only a certain class could talk in highbrow terms about something every Tom , Dick , and Harry low brow already knows ( or imagine they do) , even if they cannot read .
However , the importance in culture differences to explain such possible results is still hotly debated .

Mister D
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Thank goodness we have Free Speech here . No such inhibitions .
But only a certain class could talk in highbrow terms about something every Tom , Dick , and Harry low brow already knows ( or imagine they do) , even if they cannot read .
However , the importance in culture differences to explain such possible results is still hotly debated .

Your speech laws are far more restrictive than America's. You truly are clueless.

Carygrant
09-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Your speech laws are far more restrictive than America's. You truly are clueless.

You just cannot stop being a baby . I may be disliked --- but this is not a popularity show --- but you demean yourself . And soon people just pity you because you take no steps to redeem yourself .
Not a very bright strategy . Pull yourself together and be a man .

What makes you think our " speech laws " are more restrictive . Has something happened today that I have missed ?

Mister D
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
You just cannot stop being a baby . I may be disliked --- but this is not a popularity show --- but you demean yourself . And soon people just pity you because you take no steps to redeem yourself .
Not a very bright strategy . Pull yourself together and be a man .

What makes you think our " speech laws " are more restrictive . Has something happened today that I have missed ?

No. It's been that way for a very long time, Cary. You also didn't know that Britons are unhappy with immigration and multiculturalism so I'm not surprised you aren't aware of this either.

Mister D
09-20-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/contents

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/1/contents

Trinnity
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
No comment. :cya20:

Mister D
09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
No comment. :cya20:

The rest of the English speaking world restricts speech in ways alien to Americans.