PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz Calls It A Day, Ends Presidential Campaign

Mark III
05-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Ted Cruz left the presidential race this evening.

View photo
.http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/uB6viKz4tyavfOzL2fvB4A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Entertainment/Variety/ted-cruz-iowa-caucus.jpgTed Cruz dropped out of the presidential race, according to multiple news reports on Tuesday.

Cruz’s departure from the race came after a bruising primary loss to Donald Trump.

It leaves Trump in the race with John Kasich, who has won just one state, Ohio, where he serves as governor.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-drops-presidential-race-004015848.html

Common
05-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Good

Mark III
05-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Nicole Wallace of NBC News reported this evening that a Republicans For Clinton organization consisting mainly of the Republican foreign policy establishment is actively in the works.

Mister D
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Nicole Wallace of NBC News reported this evening that a Republicans For Clinton organization consisting mainly of the Republican foreign policy establishment is actively in the works.

The should rename it the Suicide Club.

Mac-7
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Cruz was my first choice.

assuming this is not a lib lie then I will fully support the last man standing, Donald Trump.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 07:56 PM

assuming this is not a lib lie then I will fully support the last man standing, Donal Trump.

You have always struck me as a Donald Trump sort of guy.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 07:57 PM
The should rename it the Suicide Club.

Third party comin too. No sane person will let Trump be elected president, and though I am not republican, they have a few sane people over there.

Common
05-03-2016, 08:00 PM

View photo
.http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/uB6viKz4tyavfOzL2fvB4A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Entertainment/Variety/ted-cruz-iowa-caucus.jpgTed Cruz dropped out of the presidential race, according to multiple news reports on Tuesday.

Cruz’s departure from the race came after a bruising primary loss to Donald Trump.

It leaves Trump in the race with John Kasich, who has won just one state, Ohio, where he serves as governor.

Wheres the link zel

exotix
05-03-2016, 08:02 PM
*Breaking*

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/ted-cruz-ends-2016-presidential-campaign-n567366

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rntv77.png

hanger4
05-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Wheres the link zel

Just saw it on CBS. Cruz called it quits.

Mac-7
05-03-2016, 08:04 PM

I'm proud to say you are correct

trump is right on the border issue and hes right on trade.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Wheres the link zel

don't be so suspicious.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 08:05 PM
don't be so suspicious.

Yeah, other than being the least qualified presidential candidate in history, he's a whiz.

Safety
05-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah, other than being the least qualified presidential candidate in history, he's a whiz.

Match made in heaven.

Mister D
05-03-2016, 08:26 PM
What does it mean to be qualified for POTUS? lol

exotix
05-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm proud to say you are correct

What does it mean to be qualified for POTUS? lolBuild walls around everyone who doesn't comply ... LOL

gamewell45
05-03-2016, 08:30 PM

View photo

I think this will be very good news for the democrats; the republican party is now in complete disarray because most conservatives think he will lose big time to Hillary Clinton and quite possible lose both houses of congress. Not only that but they feel that the "conservative brand" will become damaged goods which isn't going to make future elections any easier to win and they feel he is a psycho and is not fit to hold office, especially since he'll be controlling nukes.

It'll take years, quite possibly a couple of decades to repair the damage to the party. The democrats would do well to exploit this as much as possible.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:30 PM

It means you need to be bought and paid for, and accepted by the political establishment and the media.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:33 PM
I think this will be very good news for the democrats; the republican party is now in complete disarray because most conservatives thing he will lose big time to Hillary Clinton and quite possible lose both houses of congress. Not only that but they feel that the "conservative brand" will become damaged goods which isn't going to make future elections any easier to win and they feel he is a psycho and is not fit to hold office, especially since he'll be controlling nukes.

It'll take years, quite possibly a couple of decades to repair the damage to the party. The democrats would do well to exploit this as much as possible.

Yeah, I'd rather have a Hillary Clinton or a John Kasich in control of nukes, especially considering their dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric towards Russia and Syria.

Donald Trump is nowhere near the warmongerer Clinton and the neocons are. That might be the equivalent of being the valedictorian of a special ed class, but it's true nonetheless.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:35 PM
And kik at John Kasich still being in this race. It's over bruh.

Mister D
05-03-2016, 08:36 PM
And kik at John Kasich still being in this race. It's over bruh.

It was over for Kasich a long time ago. I've lost a little respect for him.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Marco Rubio dropped out months ago and still has more delegates than him. It's embarrassing.

decedent
05-03-2016, 08:41 PM

I think having no political qualifications makes Trump an ideal GOP candidate.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:43 PM
I think having no political qualifications makes Trump an ideal GOP candidate.

Taper it back a bit, your gimmick is supposed to be a little more clever and a little less obvious.

gamewell45
05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I'd rather have a Hillary Clinton or a John Kasich in control of nukes, especially considering their dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric towards Russia and Syria.

Donald Trump is nowhere near the warmongerer Clinton and the neocons are. That might be the equivalent of being the valedictorian of a special ed class, but it's true nonetheless.

Well members of Trumps party seem pretty concerned about his temperament when it comes to the handling of nukes, so if that's not telling, I don't know what is. I don't think that Kasich is a warmonger; Hillary maybe to a certain extent but I think both houses of congress can keep her reigned in on that.

Mister D
05-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Marco Rubio dropped out months ago and still has more delegates than him. It's embarrassing.

It's obvious he only stayed in to help defeat Trump. It was transparent and sad.

Mister D
05-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Well members of Trumps party seem pretty concerned about his temperament when it comes to the handling of nukes, so if that's not telling, I don't know what is. I don't think that Kasich is a warmonger; Hillary maybe to a certain extent but I think both houses of congress can keep her reigned in on that.

Yeah, Trump is going to nuke the world. You don't really take that seriously, do you?

The Xl
05-03-2016, 08:53 PM
That's nice, but both parties are bought by the same people. And actually listen to Kasich instead of assuming, he's definitely a warmongering nut.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 08:59 PM

Find countries on a map and be able to pronounce them.
Know what the major governmental departments and agencies are and what they do.
Know what the function of the US Supreme Court is.
Trump has failings in all those areas.

He has also never served in any public office and never served in the military.

What ARE his qualifications?

Bullshitter extraordinaire ? Maybe

texan
05-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Now Mark can double up on his Trump hating threads.......probably an 8 year job.

The Xl
05-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Now Mark can double up on his Trump hating threads.......probably an 8 year job.
My popcorn will be ready.

MMC
05-03-2016, 09:04 PM

What a major disappointment Kasich became. I would think he lost quite a bit of respect. Its time for him to bow out too.

MMC
05-03-2016, 09:09 PM

Oh the Neo Cons.....Imagine that. Neo Cons are always quick to kiss a lil Demo Ass. Its what they were made for.

MisterVeritis
05-03-2016, 09:11 PM

assuming this is not a lib lie then I will fully support the last man standing, Donald Trump.
I greatly admire Cruz.

I hope, still, for a Trump/Cruz ticket. There are some murmurings of a Trump/Rubio ticket. I prefer Trump/Cruz.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 09:11 PM
“The GOP is going to nominate for President a guy who reads the National Enquirer and thinks it’s on the level,” tweeted Mark Salter (https://twitter.com/MarkSalter55/status/727500491962339328), a former aide to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). Then he added a Clinton campaign slogan: “I’m with her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/anti-trump-republicans-confront-a-dilemma-are-they-ready-to-help-elect-clinton/2016/05/03/c84a1f56-10b6-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html

MisterVeritis
05-03-2016, 09:13 PM
I know a very great deal about nuclear command and control. Everything will be just fine with President Trump.

Mark III
05-03-2016, 09:13 PM
My popcorn will be ready.

Yeah, it's true, I am against a guy who is repeatedly corrected but keeps telling the same lies anyway. I am funny that way.

gamewell45
05-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I greatly admire Cruz.

I hope, still, for a Trump/Cruz ticket. There are some murmurings of a Trump/Rubio ticket. I prefer Trump/Cruz.

I think it'll end up being Trump/Christie

The Xl
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Yeah, it's true, I am against a guy who is repeatedly corrected but keeps telling the same lies anyway. I am funny that way.

Get off your moral high horse, you support the biggest liar and fraud running. Who do you honestly think you're fooling?

del
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Get off your moral high horse, you support the biggest liar and fraud running. Who do you honestly think you're fooling?

himself

MisterVeritis
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I see that least of all. Christie would be a good attorney general.

MMC
05-03-2016, 09:25 PM
“The GOP is going to nominate for President a guy who reads the National Enquirer and thinks it’s on the level,” tweeted Mark Salter (https://twitter.com/MarkSalter55/status/727500491962339328), a former aide to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). Then he added a Clinton campaign slogan: “I’m with her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/anti-trump-republicans-confront-a-dilemma-are-they-ready-to-help-elect-clinton/2016/05/03/c84a1f56-10b6-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html

MARK SALTER.....despite being an Aide for the Fuck up Johnny Quest McCain. Which says a whole lot about himself already. Just ended his career in Politics, and we will make sure of that.

MMC
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Nah.....Christie isn't an insider that can help Trump get Legislation passed. I think Trump has him slated for AG.

Which the Demos and Hillary.....best not have her scandals still going. The DOJ under Lynch better not drop the ball as Christie will crucify Hillary.

HoneyBadger
05-03-2016, 09:35 PM

After Trump's little stunt asserting that a Cuban man photographed with Oswald was Cruz's father, I find myself in the first Presidential election with two presumptive candidates that are both completely unfit for office. Oh well, there are still down ticket races to focus upon.

MMC
05-03-2016, 09:51 PM
That's nice, but both parties are bought by the same people. And actually listen to Kasich instead of assuming, he's definitely a warmongering nut.

Not really.....Dream Works was created by the left.

Tahuyaman
05-03-2016, 09:51 PM

Wait a minute. You spend months claiming Trump.was your guy.

zelmo1234
05-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Third party comin too. No sane person will let Trump be elected president, and though I am not republican, they have a few sane people over there.

If they do that, I will never vote for a Republican again. And they know it.

The time has come to get behind Trump. The establishment played their cards for too many years and lost, Now they have to spend their time in the desert. Don't worry, they will be back, they always come back.

But the folks were sick and tired of their lies. So they picked Trump.

And one thing is for sure. With Cruz. out? Hillary better Cowboy up. Because While she is trying to finish off Bernie, Trump is going to be tossing everything but the Kitchen Sink at her.

Crepitus
05-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I see that least of all. Christie would be a good attorney general.
Nah, they're gonna re-create the post of food taster just for him.

They'll call him "Secretary of Snacks".

Mark III
05-03-2016, 10:38 PM
After Trump's little stunt asserting that a Cuban man photographed with Oswald was Cruz's father, I find myself in the first Presidential election with two presumptive candidates that are both completely unfit for office.

He was unfit long before that little stunt.

Cthulhu
05-03-2016, 10:45 PM

Voting for evil, hoping for good, yet continually surprised at the results.

Lunacy.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Captain Obvious
05-03-2016, 10:48 PM

If the last man standing was Osama with a GOP stamp on his head, he'd get your vote.

Like a good little sheep.

Mr. Right
05-03-2016, 10:57 PM

You mean less qualified than... Obonzo? Being a president is more than sounding good, it's being excellent every day. Our current "dude" is excellent for people other than those that elected him. Mainly those from foreign countrys.

Mr. Right
05-03-2016, 11:02 PM

Yeah.. yeah.. both houses of Congress have done a WONDERFUL job at keeping the Kenyan "Reigned in"... HA HA HA>..

Mr. Right
05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
If they do that, I will never vote for a Republican again. And they know it.

The time has come to get behind Trump. The establishment played their cards for too many years and lost, Now they have to spend their time in the desert. Don't worry, they will be back, they always come back.

But the folks were sick and tired of their lies. So they picked Trump.

And one thing is for sure. With Cruz. out? Hillary better Cowboy up. Because While she is trying to finish off Bernie, Trump is going to be tossing everything but the Kitchen Sink at her.

I agree... to a degree. Trump's assault should be tenative and measured. He doesn't need to be branded as one who is "going after the woman" as much as he need to be "going after the unqualified murdering crook." Right now, less is more.

OGIS
05-04-2016, 12:45 AM

About now would be the time for Donald Trump to come out as a girl who decided to become a transgender male because she realized she was too damned ugly to ever get a man. And also because she had a strange orange living alien mat instead of hair.

OGIS
05-04-2016, 12:47 AM

Subtle. Meta.

OGIS
05-04-2016, 12:48 AM
i'm proud to say you are correct

whooosh!

OGIS
05-04-2016, 01:05 AM

Also, its movie stupidity that POTUS can just order up a nuke attack any time he feels like it, and no one will question it. I'm pretty sure that the JCS has special nuclear protocols for dealing with rogue command at any level.

And if that is not the case, I would be far more comfortable with Trump having control of the launch codes than either Hillary or Cruz.

Our entire Cold War posture with the Soviets was built on a Rational Player model. It worked. Trump, being a pragmatist, is a Rational Player. So, I think, is Putin.

And both like wealth and getting/staying rich is hard in a nuclear wasteland.

And finally, I think that both men are concerned with their legacy.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 04:43 AM

Not for this election.. It if far to late for anyone to get on the ballot for November in all 50 states

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 04:45 AM

i.e. rabid neocons

Neocons came from the democratic party when the dems took national defense off the party platform in the late 1960s. You can have them back.