PDA

View Full Version : RNC chairman: Trump is our Nominee.....

MMC
05-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Whoomp there it is. Despite Kasich saying otherwise. Kasich need to go spend some time with the Waltons.

Donald Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee and it is time for the party to rally around him, RNC chairman Reince Priebus declared on Twitter Tuesday night.

Priebus wrote: “.@realDonaldTrump will be presumptive @GOP nominee, we all need to unite and focus on defeating @HillaryClinton #NeverClinton"

The campaign of John Kasich, who has not suspended his run for president and Tuesday night said it would continue, disputed Priebus' statement on Twitter and vowed to keep fighting.....snip~

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/reince-priebus-donald-trump-is-nominee-222767#ixzz47egxUbyA
Follow us: @politico on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=politico) | Politico on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=Politico)

Standing Wolf
05-03-2016, 10:58 PM
"Reince Priebus"? Which Star Wars movie was he in?

JDubya
05-03-2016, 11:00 PM
What an embarrassment for the GOP.

Captain Obvious
05-03-2016, 11:03 PM
The GOP is a complete disaster.

It's why I left them 5 years ago.

Good luck fools.

JDubya
05-03-2016, 11:16 PM
The Republicans are in a no-win situation.

If they try to be as conservative as their base wants them to be, they get branded as backward zealots by society and alienate independent swing voters.

If they try to appear like decent, civilized human beings, their base gets pissed off and blindly follows some goofball like Trump who'll drag them down into the toilet.

The spot they find themselves in now could be seen coming years ago.

Standing Wolf
05-03-2016, 11:21 PM
The Republicans are in a no-win situation.

If they try to be as conservative as their base wants them to be, they get branded as backward zealots by society and alienate independent swing voters.

If they try to appear like decent, civilized human beings, their base gets pissed off and blindly follows some goofball like Trump who'll drag them down into the toilet.

Truth at its purest.

MMC
05-03-2016, 11:40 PM
"Reince Priebus"? Which Star Wars movie was he in?

Return of the Jedi? http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/dontknow.gif

MMC
05-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Truth at its purest.

Not really.....as the Right is not going to let Hillary be picking any SCOTUS judges.

Moreover, Trump could end up a one term President. Which if Rubio runs in 2020, then the Repubs would end up holding serve for 2 more terms.

Which really will hurt the Demos. As they have no bench.

leekohler2
05-04-2016, 12:35 AM
What an embarrassment for the GOP.

Party for the rest of us though! Go Trump!

leekohler2
05-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Not really.....as the Right is not going to let Hillary be picking any SCOTUS judges.

Moreover, Trump could end up a one term President. Which if Rubio runs in 2020, then the Repubs would end up holding serve for 2 more terms.

Which really will hurt the Demos. As they have no bench.

Hey d-bag, how about you apologize for your earlier BS? what was it? Oh wait...

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/62073-TARGET-STOCK-IN-TOILET-Boycott-Passes-1-Million

Here's your problem. People like me have friends and family.

MMC
05-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Hey d-bag, how about you apologize for your earlier BS? what was it? Oh wait...

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/62073-TARGET-STOCK-IN-TOILET-Boycott-Passes-1-Million

Yo, when playing mope.....at least try to be specific.

Common
05-04-2016, 02:10 AM

Good luck fools.

I left them also 8 yrs ago and im not going back, but you can tell me the democrat party is better now?

Common
05-04-2016, 02:46 AM
Democrats are selling Trump way to short in writing him off. This election is about the middleclass working class.
Its not about super conservatives or far left progressives and their whacko ideals.

The right wing of the republican party had nothing to do with electing trump. It was ALL working class lower middleclass republican workers who have been decimated and ignored by both parties.

Dont be surprised if hillary loses many independent working class americans and some Democrat working class americans. Right now she has the lead no doubt but this whole election is just now starting and it all can change.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 04:36 AM
Democrats are selling Trump way to short in writing him off. This election is about the middleclass working class.
Its not about super conservatives or far left progressives and their whacko ideals.

The right wing of the republican party had nothing to do with electing trump. It was ALL working class lower middleclass republican workers who have been decimated and ignored by both parties.

Dont be surprised if hillary loses many independent working class americans and some Democrat working class americans. Right now she has the lead no doubt but this whole election is just now starting and it all can change.

You forgot the bigots and xenophobes...

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 04:39 AM
The dems are just as horrible and corrupt as the GOP, perhaps more so. It is funny to see the fans of both parties act like their is substantive difference in the direction they are taking the nation.....

Off a cliff.

donttread
05-04-2016, 04:52 AM

Good luck fools.

A parlor trick running against a neocon democrat with legal issues. We scraped the bottom of the barrel pretty hard this time

FindersKeepers
05-04-2016, 04:59 AM
You forgot the bigots and xenophobes...

There are plenty of those in BOTH parties.

What is the difference between Americans who want to pause Muslim immigration and Americans wanting to stop Jesus lunches?

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 07:48 AM
There are plenty of those in BOTH parties.

What is the difference between Americans who want to pause Muslim immigration and Americans wanting to stop Jesus lunches?

The Constitution. It DOES outline a separation of Church and State, while it does NOT discriminate against any religion.

nathanbforrest45
05-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Well, damn, we should just call off the election and give it to Hillary and her Vice President Chelsea immediately and stop all this whining. After all, the posters on this forum are the bomb when it comes to politics and they certainly know all there is to know about now and the future.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 07:54 AM

The rightwing establishment in washington did not support trump

but republican base voters who are very conservative did support trump

And more like myself who voted for ted cruz in the primary will switch their support to trump

exotix
05-04-2016, 07:56 AM
The war on caterpillars Priebus ?

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 07:57 AM
The rightwing establishment in washington did not support trump

but republican base voters who are very conservative did support trump

And more like myself who voted for ted cruz in the primary will switch their support to trump

Won't they be shocked when he pivots to the left. lol!!

Standing Wolf
05-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Trump resonates among those who are unable to distinguish between being led and being amused. He says whatever pops into his head, however outrageous or offensive, with the barest minimum of self-censorship. People laugh at him and - in a way - admire and envy his ability to do that - as they do with Groucho Marx, W.C. Fields, Al Bundy or Homer Simpson...none of whom, it should go without saying, ought to be considered as a viable candidate for high political office, either.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Won't they be shocked when he pivots to the left. lol!!

That could happen

trump is not an inflexible conservative and may take some liberal positions that I dont like

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Trump resonates among those who are unable to distinguish between being led and being amused. He says whatever pops into his head, however outrageous or offensive, with the barest minimum of self-censorship. People laugh at him and - in a way - admire and envy his ability to do that - as they do with Groucho Marx, W.C. Fields, Al Bundy or Homer Simpson...none of whom, it should go without saying, ought to be considered as a viable candidate for high political office, either.

Who does hillary appeal to?

Bo-4
05-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Party for the rest of us though! Go Trump!

Not sure about you Lee .. I couldn't be happier! :D

Bo-4
05-04-2016, 08:29 AM

Someone sucked the collective intellect out of the Republican Party. At this point, Al Bundy may know more about foreign policy than Trump.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Someone sucked the collective intellect out of the Republican Party. At this point, Al Bundy may know more about foreign policy than Trump.

But none of that seems to matter to his base of followers. They simply don't care. They are in such need of an authoritarian figure that is going to make things all better for them that he was the best choice. To Hell with "How".... it doesn't matter. They believe him when he tells them.. he is going to kiss away all their boo-boos and make things OK.

PolWatch
05-04-2016, 08:33 AM

This election is a race to the bottom: which candidate inspires the most disgust?

FindersKeepers
05-04-2016, 08:41 AM
The Constitution. It DOES outline a separation of Church and State, while it does NOT discriminate against any religion.

Separation of Church and State isn't in the Constitution -- it's actually in Jefferson's letters, but the Constitution DOES say the State will not establish or respect one specific religion.

Those seeking to stop the Jesus lunches are no different from those who would keep Muslims from immigrating. They are just flip sides of the same coin. Those lunches, by the way, will continue and the City Council is dropping the school's lease on the park so there can be no further confusion about the lunches. http://www.wkow.com/story/31884375/2016/05/04/middleton-city-council-votes-to-rescind-school-district-lease-of-firemans-park

Jesus-lunch opponents don't want Christians influencing or indoctrinating other children. They see Christian influence as rigid and non-bending. Muslim-immigration opponents don't want Islamic influence in the US. They see Islamic influence as rigid and non-bending. Same ole - same ole.

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 08:45 AM
That could happen

trump is not an inflexible conservative and may take some liberal positions that I don't like
LOF'n L!!

Trump is a publicity whore who leans whichever way the wind is blowing! He's gonna "pivot" so many different directions the whole GOP is gonna get motion sick.

I fixed your punctuation.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
LOF'n L!!

Trump is a publicity $#@! who leans whichever way the wind is blowing! He's gonna "pivot" so many different directions the whole GOP is gonna get motion sick.

I fixed your punctuation.

Ok.

there are pills for motion sickness.

And we dont need to be welfare bums on medicaid to afford them

we will manage

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Ok.

There are pills for motion sickness.

And we dont need to be welfare bums on medicaid to afford them.

We will manage.
HA!

Managing symptoms doesn't cure the illness.

Capitalized and punctuated.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 09:00 AM
HA!

Managing symptoms doesn't cure the illness.

Capitalized and punctuated.

Dont fly or ride in a car I guess.

but if you want to move forward a little discomfort is a small price to pay

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 09:27 AM

He certainly comes off in that way - but I believe you're misdiagnosing. Trump is a savvy high-achiever; I'd hope we'd all be able to agree on that.

What you see as rambling is truly partially that, but it is wrought more of his apolitical roots - he's not been a very political animal most of his life, and has learned the positions he holds through experience.

That does not mean that he's not still working them out, however. He has long held a rooted worry in the damage being done to this country, and - for him - it has manifested in a very real way in business consequences. In that, I believe he is correct. I think the fundamental test of the health of a country is the ease with which achievers can bear fruit. He sees the increasing difficulty the entrepreneurial spirit in this country has breaking through and succeeding here.

He sees obstacles that do not exist in other places to the degree that they exist here. I believe he fundamentally understands and appreciates the uniqueness of the Founders, and our Founding documents - but he's learning about it as time goes on.

Meanwhile, however, this long-held desire to make a difference and right our path has congealed into a successful - to this point - run for the Presidency. He knows how to manipulate the crowd, and the crowd which he must knead is fully diverse.

I think he's doing so masterfully. He is a media creature; he knows how it operates. He obviously fully understands how to use the media to his advantage while simultaneously keeping them off-balance.

He also resonates with independents, many of which are apolitical to some degree as he has been. He doesn't speak like a politician. He doesn't speak like a billionaire. He - as a result - draws appeal from a wide variety of groups and ideologies, all of which have a large element within their groups that simply want bureaucracy to stop sliming our lives.

I think Trump's ramblings are all that random. I think he is sowing confusing and contradictory statements into a tapestry within which many of these disparate groups and people can find what they like, and support him for it.

People hear what they want to hear.

You cannot please everyone, but Trump is as good as I've seen at casting a large enough net to capture enough people to possibly succeed.

I, for one, believe he is more Conservative at his roots than many believe. I'm sure at least a part of that belief is rooted in confirmation bias, but I know his trend over about 17 years has been to the right.

I believe all our other ills can be fixed if our economy is fixed. I think that starts with tax and regulations solutions. I think Trump will be able to help with that, and do what Hillary will not.

I am a Cruz supporter who has always also supported Trump. Now, my goal will be to help Trump win.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 09:30 AM
If clinton, bush and obumer were qualified to be president then trump certainly is

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Dont fly or ride in a car I guess.

But if you want to move forward a little discomfort is a small price to pay
Meaningless nonsense.

Capitalized.

Starting a sentence with a conjunction is generally frowned upon.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 09:52 AM
If clinton, bush and obumer were qualified to be president then trump certainly is

:smiley_ROFLMAO: The Presidency is not a reality show..

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Good luck fools.

Yes, they are a complete embarrassment. I have never seen any organisation with the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they can. Well, besides the Washington State University football program anyway.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 09:55 AM
:smiley_ROFLMAO: The Presidency is not a reality show..

Actually that is what it has become.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Meaningless nonsense.

Capitalized.

Pettyness is sign of defeat

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Yes, they are a complete embarrassment. I have never seen any organisation with the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they can. Well, besides the Washington State University football program anyway.

Whoever you think was better did not appeal to the voters

ut come to think of it my first choice didnt win either

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Dysfunction attracts the dysfunctional

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Ok miss Landers.....

MisterVeritis
05-04-2016, 10:07 AM
The Constitution does no such thing.

Islam is not a religion. It is a drop in replacement for everything, social, political, religious. Islam has no place in a free, western republic.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 10:11 AM
The Constitution does no such thing.

Islam is not a religion. It is a drop in replacement for everything, social, political, religious. Islam has no place in a free, western republic.

Islam is not a religion?

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Pettiness is sign of defeat.
I'm not petty, I'm annoyed.

Spelling corrected, punctuated.

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Ok miss Landers.....
He's consistently got some of the worst grammar and spelling here and it annoys the crap out of me. I've tried leading by example, now I figure he needs a coach.

Standing Wolf
05-04-2016, 10:27 AM

People who claim that Islam is somehow unique in that way - and distinguishable in that way from other major Faiths, such as Christianity - are taking a very narrow and uninformed view of those other Faiths. Many Christians, Buddhists, Jews and others very earnestly consider their religious values and practice to be at the very center of each and every aspect of his or her life. Many Americans - used, as we are, to seeing most of those around us, if they are religious-minded at all, simply paying lip service to their affiliation and then conducting their secular lives as though they'd never heard of it - tend, perhaps understandably, to view those Faiths as mere self-applied labels, with no real substance.

Consider, as one small example, the fervor with which so many fundamentalist Christians have taken up the cause, in its various manifestations, of making all Americans conform to Christian religious doctrine - of hijacking the secular justice system to further their own "moral" agenda. Many Christians understand the importance to both realms of the church-state separation, and many do not. They certainly want their Faith to suffuse and direct every aspect of their own lives, and they have no problem with efforts to affect the lives of others similarly, whether those others want it to or not.

MMC
05-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Preibus has climbed aboard. Time for others to do the same. Never Hillary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHcaP1-4Wbk

Adelaide
05-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I am a little shocked - Cruz left the race when several upcoming states could have gone his or Kasich's way. It still would have been a long shot, but the chance existed for a contested convention.

I think the Republicans just handed the election to the Democrats. Trump better hope Sanders runs as an independent and splits the vote.

leekohler2
05-04-2016, 11:19 AM
I am a little shocked - Cruz left the race when several upcoming states could have gone his or Kasich's way. It still would have been a long shot, but the chance existed for a contested convention.

I think the Republicans just handed the election to the Democrats. Trump better hope Sanders runs as an independent and splits the vote.

The GOP will split on Trump too. They already are:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/271579-gop-split-over-accepting-trump

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 11:28 AM
He's consistently got some of the worst grammar and spelling here and it annoys the crap out of me. I've tried leading by example, now I figure he needs a coach.

The scribblings on a message board are not supposed to be graded as though they are a serious essay.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 11:32 AM

I'm with you on this. It does seem odd that he left the campaign now. He would have won enough delegates to ensure neither he or Trump could reach the magical number.

And yes, unless something completely unexpected happens we are now going be saddled with another corrupt Clinton administration and all the illegal and disreputable activities which go with that.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm with you on this. It does seem odd that he left the campaign now. He would have won enough delegates to ensure neither he or Trump could reach the magical number.

And yes, unless something completely unexpected happens we are now going be saddled with another corrupt Clinton administration and all the illegal and disreputable activities which go with that.

No one wants to credit cruz with anything.

but maybe he did it for the good of the country

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 12:44 PM

I dont have a crystal ball but trump can beat hillary

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 01:02 PM

I think the republicans decided that win or lose this was the only way to keep the party together.

leekohler2
05-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I think the republicans decided that win or lose this was the only way to keep the party together.

And even this won't keep them together. A lot of Republicans are not happy about this at all.

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
And even this won't keep them together. A lot of Republicans are not happy about this at all.

This is true, but I think it's their best chance.

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 01:07 PM
No one wants to credit cruz with anything.

but maybe he did it for the good of the country

My thinking is he did it for the good of the party.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Only the few conservatives who were hanging on just out of hope.

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 02:43 PM

Cruz only had three major donors. They probably told him no more money.

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Islam is not a religion?

Instead of answering in the logical way that a logical person would accept, I'll answer with an analogy, so even the illogical have no choice.

A felon is a citizen.

But a felon is not someone who has all the rights of a citizen.

Likewise, Islam is a religion. If it were only a religion, however, it would be accorded all the same leeway as any other religion.

It is not, however, only a religion. It is a political system.

As such, it is not accorded all the leeway of other religions.

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
People who claim that Islam is somehow unique in that way - and distinguishable in that way from other major Faiths, such as Christianity - are taking a very narrow and uninformed view of those other Faiths. Many Christians, Buddhists, Jews and others very earnestly consider their religious values and practice to be at the very center of each and every aspect of his or her life. Many Americans - used, as we are, to seeing most of those around us, if they are religious-minded at all, simply paying lip service to their affiliation and then conducting their secular lives as though they'd never heard of it - tend, perhaps understandably, to view those Faiths as mere self-applied labels, with no real substance.

Consider, as one small example, the fervor with which so many fundamentalist Christians have taken up the cause, in its various manifestations, of making all Americans conform to Christian religious doctrine - of hijacking the secular justice system to further their own "moral" agenda. Many Christians understand the importance to both realms of the church-state separation, and many do not. They certainly want their Faith to suffuse and direct every aspect of their own lives, and they have no problem with efforts to affect the lives of others similarly, whether those others want it to or not.

That explanation is a nearly laughable excuse for the danger which Islam poses to a Constitutional Representative Republic as a political system. One cannot separate the morality of a religion and impose upon a Constitutional Republic a morality which stands in opposition to the morality upon which said system is based.

If it makes you feel better - and it won't, because it's an insult - Liberalism poses as much danger to our Constitutional Republic, and has done immeasurably more harm to it - than has Islam.

So far.

That by no means should grant any additional access to Islam - notably Sharia - into our system of law or Justice. It is incompatible with it.

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 02:58 PM
The GOP will split on Trump too. They already are:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/271579-gop-split-over-accepting-trump

And the Democrats will split on Hillary - and they already are.

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 02:59 PM

Possibly correct.

Either that, or Trump & Cruz made a deal.

MMC
05-04-2016, 03:01 PM

GOPe helped tank his run.....but really it was the Donald crushing him with that Lyin Ted moniker.

Inside Cruz’s Crumbling Campaign He sold himself as trustworthy. Rivals made sure voters didn’t buy it.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-2016-drop-out-presidential-race-indiana-213868#ixzz47ie6BsWW
Follow us: @politico on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=politico) | Politico on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=Politico)

Tahuyaman
05-04-2016, 03:04 PM

Could be. He didn't have the party establishment backing him.