PDA

View Full Version : A Conservative Republican Pledges His Vote To Hillary Clinton

Mark III
05-04-2016, 06:43 AM
http://www.redstate.com/diary/PaladinLostHour/2016/05/03/vote-trump/

"Cruz is done. There is no white knight riding to the rescue here folks, so…what’s required next, is to admit to some hard truths:

1) Conservatism is a niche ideology in this country. I use the term ‘ideology’ deliberately, here, to emphasize this point: Conservatism as an intellectual framework, has been shown by this process to have a tiny number of adherents. Folks who understand constitutionalism, know the difference between Locke and Hume, who have firm intellectual underpinnings for their conservative beliefs, are small in number and less in real world influence.

2) The progressives, stopped clocks though they are, are right this time: There is a staggeringly large number of ‘Republicans’, who are just dressed-up racists and thuggish losers in life’s lottery; somewhere approaching 25% to 40% of the identifiable party vote. All those folks, voting for Trump in all those primaries, are not ‘new’ Republicans. They’re not ‘crossover Democrats’ trying their hand at some crowd-sourced version of Limbaugh’s Operation Chaos. Them is part of us, as digusting and painful a prospect as that is to own.

3) Actual conservatives don’t have a prayer of changing 1) and 2), without a radical and painful realignment of reality. Worthy efforts like the Precinct Project, ‘conservative in the primary, Republican in the general’ to slowly evolve the party back to virtue are dead. Write in votes for Ted or other worthies in the election – well, congratulations. You’re now operating at the same level as the UCal Berkley d-bags who leave the voting booth with a self-satisfied smirk, having just written in Daniel Ortega.

We conservatives need to face reality: We’ve lost the culture wars and the education battle. We’re past the point of winning a debate, because there’s no field of play for reasoned discussion, only for Nanny State Naggings versus Carnival Barking Posturing.

The only way conservatives get dealt back into the game, is for our arguments to be hammered home by new, miserable experience.

And that’s why, for the first time in my life, I am seriously considering pulling the lever for a Democrat. Until progressive policies take us to rock bottom, conservatism is not getting any traction, in the popular culture and at the federal level.

UPDATED: With Cruz having now dropped out, the choice is clear: Trump is the inevitable nominee, and…and… I’m voting for Hillary.
And may God have mercy on my soul, and sustain the United States for what’s inevitably to come before we find our way back to sanity."

Mark III
05-04-2016, 07:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChkyBcZUkAIsU90.jpg

MMC
05-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Oh a CNN Poll. :rollseyes:

Btw.....The Repubs hold 31 States. Won 66 out of 99 State Legislatures. Took the House and the Senate. Have won since 2010 other than the Presidency.

Then they won in 2014. So all that about Conservative Ideology is a crock of shit. Preached by those of the leftness.

Moreover.....now the lefts one ally, the MS media. Is getting all shaken up. Weakening them even more.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Who wrote this?

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh a CNN Poll. :rollseyes:

Btw.....The Repubs hold 31 States. Won 66 out of 99 State Legislatures. Took the House and the Senate. Have won since 2010 other than the Presidency.

Then they won in 2014. So all that about Conservative Ideology is a crock of $#@!. Preached by those of the leftness.

Moreover.....now the lefts one ally, the MS media. Is getting all shaken up. Weakening them even more.

What happened in the midterms in individual states means zip-shit in the General with the entire electorate voting on two candidates.

Mark III
05-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Who wrote this?

What difference does it make?

A writer for the conservative site, RedState.

MMC
05-04-2016, 07:47 AM
What happened in the midterms in individual states means zip-$#@! in the General with the entire electorate voting on two candidates.

What does that have to do with Ideology, again. Answer.....not a damn thing.

That's all the Demos have won since 2008. The Presidency. Otherwise.....they have been getting their asses kicked everywhere else.

Truly a fitting reward for them. It's like Poetic justice.

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 07:47 AM

It makes a lot of difference unless you like to injest drugs from unlabeled bottles.

I understand that Red State claims to be conservative but that does not mean they speak for everyone.

Quicksilver
05-04-2016, 07:54 AM
What does that have to do with Ideology, again. Answer.....not a damn thing.

That's all the Demos have won since 2008. The Presidency. Otherwise.....they have been getting their asses kicked everywhere else.

Truly a fitting reward for them. It's like Poetic justice.

As is ALWAYS the case.... as midterms tend to go in the opposite direction of the sitting President. In this case, the fear a Black man in the White House, not to mention he is a Democrat, created the hysteria.. This coupled with traditional low midterm turn out for Democrats. You CANNOT equate this with what happens in a General. Most Americans only vote every 4 years in the presidential election.. The turnout with Hispanics, and African Americans will be huge.. Especially against Trump. There is nothing Trump can do to win them.. He cannot erase all his nonsense spouted in the Primary... and African Americans are NOT going to take kindly to him bullying Clinton.

Mark III
05-04-2016, 07:56 AM
It makes a lot of difference unless you like to injest drugs from unlabeled bottles.

I understand that Red State claims to be conservative but that does not mean they speak for everyone.

No one speaks for everyone. Do you ever pause and give some thought before you hit the reply button?

PolWatch
05-04-2016, 07:57 AM
What happened in the midterms in individual states means zip-shit in the General with the entire electorate voting on two candidates.

The mid terms were the result of extremely low approval ratings for Congress. Was the change in majority due to ideology or just a throw the bums out vote? If ideology, there will be no change in majority. If it was a throw the bums out vote (which I think it was) the majority can/will change. The new majority made all kinds of promises pre-election. I don't think they have been successful in fulfilling those promises and the polls show 77% disapprove of the job Congress is doing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 07:59 AM
No one speaks for everyone. Do you ever pause and give some thought before you hit the reply button?

Again, why should I care what one person that I never met and know nothing about thinks about anything?

Subdermal
05-04-2016, 08:19 AM
As is ALWAYS the case.... as midterms tend to go in the opposite direction of the sitting President. In this case, the fear a Black man in the White House, not to mention he is a Democrat, created the hysteria.. This coupled with traditional low midterm turn out for Democrats. You CANNOT equate this with what happens in a General. Most Americans only vote every 4 years in the presidential election.. The turnout with Hispanics, and African Americans will be huge.. Especially against Trump. There is nothing Trump can do to win them.. He cannot erase all his nonsense spouted in the Primary... and African Americans are NOT going to take kindly to him bullying Clinton.

...she blindly says, while remaining utterly oblivious to the massive cracks showing in the Democrap party's ability to hold minority loyalty.

They're waking to your game, pork roast. It's why stories of minority interest in Trump and his message are resonating. Worse: Hillary isn't inspiring.

We like you afraid, and lashing out. Continue to do so.

Crepitus
05-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Wow, you conservatives sure are defensive.

Worried? I wouldn't be, It's just one guy threatening to vote Turd Sandwich instead of Douche Bag. BFD

Cigar
05-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Wow ... this is what excites Voters now ... a Playground Fight full of 8 years olds. :laugh:

... and they wonder why nothing is getting done?

MMC
05-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Who is equating it to a general election, that's first off. What part about you not understanding that the Right is 4 states away from controlling 2/3rds of the Country.

The Hispanic vote is over embellished. Do you actually think Hillary will win Texas? That is the State with the Most Hispanics. Otherwise most other States that have high Hispanic populations are from the left. Sure the Hispanic vote will come out in droves. But Trump wouldn't win those States anyways.

As for the Black vote. Hillary is even losing black women. As well as Hispanic women. We already have up a in depth poll with Hillary's women problem that the MS media hasn't focused on.

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 04:19 PM
What the blogger in the OP is saying, is that it will take 4 years of Hillary destroying America to wake people up to conservative values.

I heard other republicans say that Trump would be a disaster as president and people will blame republicans. So why not let Hillary be the disaster and let the democrats take the blame.

birddog
05-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Whoever it was, they were nearly as idiotic as you!

birddog
05-04-2016, 07:59 PM
The mid terms were the result of extremely low approval ratings for Congress. Was the change in majority due to ideology or just a throw the bums out vote? If ideology, there will be no change in majority. If it was a throw the bums out vote (which I think it was) the majority can/will change. The new majority made all kinds of promises pre-election. I don't think they have been successful in fulfilling those promises and the polls show 77% disapprove of the job Congress is doing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

You libtards never accept any blame, do you?

birddog
05-04-2016, 08:01 PM

It's a good thing some of us don't put much credence in racist opinions such as yours!

domer76
05-04-2016, 08:04 PM
What the blogger in the OP is saying, is that it will take 4 years of Hillary destroying America to wake people up to conservative values.

I heard other republicans say that Trump would be a disaster as president and people will blame republicans. So why not let Hillary be the disaster and let the democrats take the blame.

Conservative and values. Cutesy oxymoron.

MisterVeritis
05-04-2016, 08:04 PM
We conservatives need to face reality: We’ve lost the culture wars and the education battle.
The author is a pussy. He, or she, needs to man up.

President Trump will be fine. Conservatives need to focus on getting conservatives into Trump's cabinet. Shit heads like the author need to quietly commit suicide. They demoralize the troops when what is required is leadership. They are traitors and should be treated as traitors.

MisterVeritis
05-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Obama is a Halfrican-American. He is half white. He was raised white, communist, and apparently Islamist. He had to learn how to be "black" meaning how to be radical and anti-American.

Trump is going to win. It will not even be close. Then Hillary will move to Leavenworth.

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Conservative and values. Cutesy oxymoron.

I will ask how so. From someone who could actually answer. You are dismissed.

birddog
05-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Obama is a Halfrican-American. He is half white. He was raised white, communist, and apparently Islamist. He had to learn how to be "black" meaning how to be radical and anti-American.

Trump is going to win. It will not even be close. Then Hillary will move to Leavenworth.

I think Hillary is in line for a full pardon from The Kenyan. It's a
scratch my back, I scratch yours" agreement likely already in force.

MisterVeritis
05-04-2016, 08:13 PM
For a legitimate pardon one must be convicted. Kill her. It is the right thing to do.

birddog
05-04-2016, 08:16 PM
For a legitimate pardon one must be convicted. Kill her. It is the right thing to do.

Since when does Obama pay attention to "legitimate?"

MisterVeritis
05-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Since when does Obama pay attention to "legitimate?"
I suggest only that a phony pardon can be met with a real executive order. Catch Trump if you can.

domer76
05-04-2016, 08:20 PM
I will ask how so. From someone who could actually answer. You are dismissed.

First, Let's see how you define conservative values. Then let's talk about the conservatives on the national stage who actually live up to those values.

Dismiss me, punk? Laughable. As a liberal, I have probably lived a life of "conservative values" that will exceed most of those who profess it.

texan
05-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I love this.....................Mark is soooooo hopeful.....................

Billary is a bad candidate and this will show up. She hasn't had a glove laid on her.

Dr. Who
05-04-2016, 08:24 PM

"Cruz is done. There is no white knight riding to the rescue here folks, so…what’s required next, is to admit to some hard truths:

1) Conservatism is a niche ideology in this country. I use the term ‘ideology’ deliberately, here, to emphasize this point: Conservatism as an intellectual framework, has been shown by this process to have a tiny number of adherents. Folks who understand constitutionalism, know the difference between Locke and Hume, who have firm intellectual underpinnings for their conservative beliefs, are small in number and less in real world influence.

2) The progressives, stopped clocks though they are, are right this time: There is a staggeringly large number of ‘Republicans’, who are just dressed-up racists and thuggish losers in life’s lottery; somewhere approaching 25% to 40% of the identifiable party vote. All those folks, voting for Trump in all those primaries, are not ‘new’ Republicans. They’re not ‘crossover Democrats’ trying their hand at some crowd-sourced version of Limbaugh’s Operation Chaos. Them is part of us, as digusting and painful a prospect as that is to own.

3) Actual conservatives don’t have a prayer of changing 1) and 2), without a radical and painful realignment of reality. Worthy efforts like the Precinct Project, ‘conservative in the primary, Republican in the general’ to slowly evolve the party back to virtue are dead. Write in votes for Ted or other worthies in the election – well, congratulations. You’re now operating at the same level as the UCal Berkley d-bags who leave the voting booth with a self-satisfied smirk, having just written in Daniel Ortega.

We conservatives need to face reality: We’ve lost the culture wars and the education battle. We’re past the point of winning a debate, because there’s no field of play for reasoned discussion, only for Nanny State Naggings versus Carnival Barking Posturing.

The only way conservatives get dealt back into the game, is for our arguments to be hammered home by new, miserable experience.

And that’s why, for the first time in my life, I am seriously considering pulling the lever for a Democrat. Until progressive policies take us to rock bottom, conservatism is not getting any traction, in the popular culture and at the federal level.

UPDATED: With Cruz having now dropped out, the choice is clear: Trump is the inevitable nominee, and…and… I’m voting for Hillary.
And may God have mercy on my soul, and sustain the United States for what’s inevitably to come before we find our way back to sanity."
I suspect that the moderate GOP voters will vote Dem or not at all. The anti-establishment types at this point are toying with Trump as a candidate. If he doesn't improve his actual political knowledge before the actual election campaign, Clinton will decimate him in the debates, because his bravado absent knowledge will not fly in the actual campaign. The media will descend on him like a school of hungry sharks. He's been good soundbites throughout the nomination process, but this is just the opening act and the media knows it. Once it becomes the real thing, they will stop playing and start putting him on the spot. They will undoubtedly drag up his less than stellar past. There have been a few sneak previews with the media and he hasn't stepped up to the plate. I still think he's a ringer for the Dems. We'll see what happens after July.

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 08:49 PM

She would never get elected as a pardoned felon.

domer76
05-04-2016, 08:50 PM

That's not going to be an issue.

Peter1469
05-04-2016, 08:51 PM
First, Let's see how you define conservative values. Then let's talk about the conservatives on the national stage who actually live up to those values.

Dismiss me, punk? Laughable. As a liberal, I have probably lived a life of "conservative values" that will exceed most of those who profess it.

Child, in the American political system conservative includes many groups.

My focus is on fiscal conservatives. If you have questions on that point ask. If you have questions about the religious right direct them towards Mac or Boris. If you have questions about Neocons ask Ransom.

If this post confuses you, then best to not respond at all.

birddog
05-04-2016, 10:51 PM

That's obvious, but I was addressing another scenario.

silvereyes
05-04-2016, 11:19 PM
That's obvious, but I was addressing another scenario.

Which is?

birddog
05-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Which is?

Sorry if I was not clear. I was addressing a scenario where Hillary would be pardoned after she was recommend for indictment, then dropped out.

Mac-7
05-05-2016, 04:14 AM
I suspect that the moderate GOP voters will vote Dem or not at all. The anti-establishment types at this point are toying with Trump as a candidate. If he doesn't improve his actual political knowledge before the actual election campaign, Clinton will decimate him in the debates, because his bravado absent knowledge will not fly in the actual campaign. The media will descend on him like a school of hungry sharks. He's been good soundbites throughout the nomination process, but this is just the opening act and the media knows it. Once it becomes the real thing, they will stop playing and start putting him on the spot. They will undoubtedly drag up his less than stellar past. There have been a few sneak previews with the media and he hasn't stepped up to the plate. I still think he's a ringer for the Dems. We'll see what happens after July.

I guess if the trump critics stick to their predictions long enough then sooner or lster they might get lucky and no one will remember how many times they got it wrong.

because trump has defied gravity - and political palm readers left and right - since the day he announced.