PDA

View Full Version : At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits

Cigar
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Source: CNN

Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The new CNN/ORC Poll, completed ahead of Trump's victory last night, found Clinton leads 54% to 41%, a 13-point edge over the New York businessman, her largest lead since last July.
Clinton is also more trusted than Trump on many issues voters rank as critically important, with one big exception. By a 50% to 45% margin, voters say Trump would do a better job handling the economy than Clinton would.

Almost 9 out of 10 voters in the poll called the economy extremely or very important to their vote for president, outranking any other issue tested in the poll.

Clinton has the edge on a range of other issues. She is more trusted than Trump on terrorism (50% Clinton to 45% Trump), immigration (51% to 44%), health care (55% to 39%), the income gap (54% to 37%), foreign policy (61% to 36%), education (61% to 34%) and climate change (63% to 30%).

Overall, voters are evenly split on their opinion of Clinton -- 49% see her favorably and the same share unfavorably. But a decidedly larger group (56%) see Trump unfavorably than see him favorably (41%).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/index.html

Mac-7
05-04-2016, 09:04 AM
This was already posted somewhere else

but I will say again, how many points did hillary lead bernie by 7 months ago?

If I remember it was more than 13.

stjames1_53
05-04-2016, 09:22 AM
If I voted by what the pollsters claim, I'd never get out of my chair................

Mark III
05-04-2016, 09:24 AM
If the media does their job and vets and challenges Trump, it won't even be close. Trump cannot withstand a challenging media look at either his past history or his political "ideas".

If the media continues to pu.sy foot with him it could be close.

Based of the 2012 final electoral map , Trump is going to need to flip multiple of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin , and Iowa. Almost sweep them. That's not in the cards no matter what the media does, but it could get close.

Cigar
05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
This was already posted somewhere else

but I will say again, how many points did hillary lead bernie by 7 months ago?

If I remember it was more than 13.

Winning Trumps Everything :grin: