PDA

View Full Version : If Clinton Names Elizabeth Warren As V.P., Wouldn't It Clinch The Election For Her?

Mark III
05-04-2016, 09:56 PM
There is growing speculation that Elizabeth Warren could be on the short list for a Hillary Clinton V.P. choice.

Sounds good to me. There is a good chance, based on polling about Sanders vs Trump, that it could clinch the election for Clinton.

Warren could attract the reluctant Sanders voters to the Clinton-Warren ticket, and be Bernie's "surrogate" in the national election, representing that "revolution".

I don't know what Clinton's relationship is with Warren, but this sounds like a way to knock Trump out of the box right off the bat.

Cletus
05-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah, the most incompetent SecState in the history of the Republic and a woman who lied about being a Cherokee for political advantage... quite the ticket.

JVV
05-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Can't see Clinton picking someone who would upstage her.

del
05-04-2016, 10:53 PM
can't see warren wasting her time on this

Green Arrow
05-04-2016, 11:41 PM
I would approve, but it wouldn't be enough to garner my support. The VP is generally a figurehead position more than anything else, the only time the VP is particularly relevant is when the Senate is deadlocked in a tie - and how often does that happen?

Nope. I need assurances that Hillary is going to pursue a progressive agenda regardless if she wants my vote.

zelmo1234
05-05-2016, 12:43 AM
That would be like Trump Picking Christie. Two Liberals from the NE does not an election win.

She will likely pick someone from the SW. or the S to try and get FL.

With Trump the only one standing, she had better Cowboy UP because Crooked Hillary is about to be the target of Character Assignation in the worst possible way, which is funny because the Democrats use this tactic all the time, but never really have had to face it in the past.

Common
05-05-2016, 06:15 AM
Can't see Clinton picking someone who would upstage her.

What he said, but you never know what willy might talk her into just to get the power. She can always relegate Warren to do nothing, like many potus relegate their VPS that are too strong

FindersKeepers
05-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Doesn't sound like a good move on Hillary's part.

Captain Obvious
05-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Bush squared

Captain Obvious
05-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Clinton needs a black dude.

The DNC is probably scouring the planet for one.

Common Sense
05-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Cory Booker.

PolWatch
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I don't think Clinton would want Warren. I also think Warren would not want Clinton. Few people would vote for an all female ticket. Julian Castro (mayor of San Antonio) is a likely candidate....imo

Cigar
05-05-2016, 07:39 AM
There is growing speculation that Elizabeth Warren could be on the short list for a Hillary Clinton V.P. choice.

Sounds good to me. There is a good chance, based on polling about Sanders vs Trump, that it could clinch the election for Clinton.

Warren could attract the reluctant Sanders voters to the Clinton-Warren ticket, and be Bernie's "surrogate" in the national election, representing that "revolution".

I don't know what Clinton's relationship is with Warren, but this sounds like a way to knock Trump out of the box right off the bat.

I'd do Back-Flips ... and be Hospitalized :grin:

birddog
05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Yeah, the most incompetent SecState in the history of the Republic and a woman who lied about being a Cherokee for political advantage... quite the ticket.

How about Hillary selecting Bill Cosby? Some want a black man, and she's used to dealing with sexual charges. :grin:

Cigar
05-05-2016, 08:51 AM
:sleepy2: 6 more months if this stupidity

Bo-4
05-05-2016, 09:02 AM
No, it'd be okay with me too but not sure if America is ready for a two-woman ticket.

Plus i don't think they get along particularly well.

Julian Castro is ideal - Hispanic from Texas, offsets Hilly's age and would be an incredible campaigner.

http://www.renewoureconomy.org/wp-content/themes/pgm/img/members/julian-castro-225x225.jpg

birddog
05-05-2016, 09:21 AM
No, it'd be okay with me too but not sure if America is ready for a two-woman ticket.

Julian Castro is ideal - Hispanic from Texas, offsets Hilly's age and would be an incredible campaigner.

http://www.renewoureconomy.org/wp-content/themes/pgm/img/members/julian-castro-225x225.jpg

Castro is a name associated with communism, so The Hildebeast might embrace the idea.

birddog
05-05-2016, 09:22 AM
:sleepy2: 6 more months if this stupidity

You are wrong on almost everything, but I still love your avatar! :grin:

Cigar
05-05-2016, 09:24 AM
You are wrong on almost everything, but I still love your avatar! :grin:

I picked Obama both times :wink:, but yes I was wrong about The GOP Killing Obama Care :grin:

birddog
05-05-2016, 09:28 AM
I picked Obama both times :wink:, but yes I was wrong about The GOP Killing Obama Care :grin:

To brag about voting for the worst president in our history is quite unbecoming. I'm still waiting for an apology for that.

Obamacare will essentially be replaced starting the next year. The liar-in-chief has already caused enough damage.

Tahuyaman
05-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Clinton Names Elizabeth Warren As V.P., Wouldn't It Clinch The Election For Her?
That might work in Trump's favor.

Bo-4
05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Castro is a name associated with communism, so The Hildebeast might embrace the idea.

I remember when guys such as yourself said that a guy by the name of Barack Hussein Obama could never be elected. ;-)

PolWatch
05-05-2016, 10:32 AM
I remember when guys such as yourself said that a guy by the name of Barack Hussein Obama could never be elected. ;-)

and were supporting a fella named Cruz (whose father fought with the bearded Castro in Cuba). How times change!

MisterVeritis
05-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Obamacare is killing the middle classes. Thanks Cigar.

Adelaide
05-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Clinton Names Elizabeth Warren As V.P., Wouldn't It Clinch The Election For Her?

That might work in Trump's favor.

I think you're right. I can somewhat stand Clinton (doesn't mean I support her) but the addition of Warren would make me greatly dislike Clinton\Warren.

Cigar
05-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Obamacare is killing the middle classes. Thanks Cigar.

Do you have any names?

Mark III
05-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Warren would be a tangible connection between the Clinton administration and the "Sanders revolution". It likely would elect Hillary president.

Green Arrow
05-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Warren would be a tangible connection between the Clinton administration and the "Sanders revolution". It likely would elect Hillary president.

No, it wouldn't, because it wouldn't erase Clinton's flaws - which are exactly why Sanders supporters oppose her to begin with.

Green Arrow
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Castro is establishment. No thanks. We need strong progressives.

birddog
05-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Fooled me, I didn't know the MSM would run cover for him so well, plus the Republicans have nominated some weak candidates. This time will be different, we don't have a wimp to run against the lying, corrupt, murdering Hillary!

bajisima
05-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Warren wont be picked because that would leave Massachusetts republican governor to select her successor. Dems wont want to risk a senate seat. Plus Hillary is going to go moderate blue dog for her pick. She has an opportunity to pick up a good chunk of moderate republicans who wont vote for Trump. She can afford to sacrifice a few progressive votes if she can pick up a lot of independent/moderate right leaning votes and deny Trump. A progressive wont do that. Still hearing Tim Kaine as her top pick.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/politics/tim-kaine-vice-president-hillary-clinton/

suds00
05-05-2016, 02:31 PM
trump sparing with 2 women.that would kill him