PDA

View Full Version : In 6 months since budget deal, debt up over $1T

Peter1469
05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
In 6 months since budget deal, debt up over $1T (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/6-months-budget-deal-debt-more-1-trillion)

With the GOP in charge of both houses of Congress....

In the six months that have passed since then-retiring House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cut a budget deal with President Barack Obama that suspended the legal limit on the federal debt until March 15, 2017, the federal debt has increased by more than $1 trillion.

The Senate passed “The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015” with a vote held in the early morning hours of Friday, Oct. 30. Obama signed it on Monday, Nov. 2.

At the close business on Oct. 30, 2015, the total federal debt was $18,152,981,685,747.52. By the close of business on April 28, 2016—the latest date for which the Treasury has published the number (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current)--the total federal debt was $19,186,207,744,589.55.

That is an increase of $1,033,226,058,842.03.

Can the republicans here explain why?

texan
05-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Don't worry about it Peter. It will never mean anything it is just a number.

It isn't like a foreign government OHHHHHH like say the Saudi's could ever use the debt they own against us!

It isn't like Obamacare failed to meet its obligations as a program or a major insurance carrier dropped out and others are tripling rates.

It is nothing, big government meddling is great!

Peter1469
05-05-2016, 04:27 PM
The democrats and republicans are two sides of the same coin.

texan
05-05-2016, 04:35 PM
BTW unfortunately this will be the biggest issue in re-negotiating trade deals.

Doublejack
05-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Build a wall around it.

Peter1469
05-05-2016, 06:06 PM
lol

MMC
05-05-2016, 06:13 PM

Is that Lou Dobbs I'm hearing? :tongue:

Peter1469
05-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Is that Lou Dobbs I'm hearing? :tongue:

Nope, just me.

MMC
05-05-2016, 06:19 PM
In 6 months since budget deal, debt up over $1T (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/6-months-budget-deal-debt-more-1-trillion)

Because Ryan decided to wheel and deal with the Demos. Major screw up, gave BO peep damn near Card Blanc.

Peter1469
05-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Both parties are under the control of the international bankers. The goal is globalism. A strong US is in the way. So our economy must be destroyed.

donttread
05-06-2016, 04:33 AM

And it is one ugly, corrupt coin!

Peter1469
05-06-2016, 04:38 AM
And it is one ugly, corrupt coin!

Yes it is.

Mac-7
05-06-2016, 04:46 AM
All of this bitching from the independents is a waste of time.

you complain but never do anything about it except tell us you won't vote for anyone or you're gonna vote for some 3rd party loser with no chance to win.

I'm sick hearing it.

The reality is that either the democrat or the republican is going to win and that is just a fact.

if any of you care half as much as you pretend to then pick a side and fight for what you want.

I think the democrats are beyond hope because.

they are socislist bums looking for welfare and unisex bathrooms.

but mostly welfare.

The republican party offers hope because our base voters want smaller government and a balanced budget.

And fair trade with china with the goal of bring jobs back to America.

but republican base voters need a majority WITHIN OUR OWN PARTY to kick the establishment out.

and that means the independents like the ones posting here have to get off your butts and do something instead of just flapping your jaw.

Peter1469
05-06-2016, 04:47 AM
You are sick of hearing it?

I don't care.

If you can't see that both parties are corrupt to the core you are part of the problem.

you complain but never do anything about it except tell us you won't vote for anyone or you're gonna vote for some 3rd party loser with no chance to win.

I'm sick hearing it.

The reality is that either the democrat or the republican is going to win and that is just a fact.

if any of you care half as much as you pretend to then pick a side and fight for what you want.

but mostly welfare.

The republican party offers hope because our base voters want smaller government and a balanced budget.

but republican base voters need a majority WITHIN OUR OWN PARTY to kick the establishment out.

and that means the independents like the ones posting here have to get off your butts and do something instead of just flapping your jaw.

Mac-7
05-06-2016, 04:57 AM
You are sick of hearing it?

I don't care.

If you can't see that both parties are corrupt to the core you are part of the problem.

I do see that both parties are corrupt

and I see republican base voters through the Tea Party and those supporting trump are trying to overcome the powerfull republican establishment in washington.

and they are getting no help from people like you and the rest of the 3rd party/no party bellyachers lounging on the sidelines.

Peter1469
05-06-2016, 05:09 AM
How is taking over the GOP going?

Mac-7
05-06-2016, 05:14 AM

Better than your dream of a pure-as-the-driven-snow third party that sweeps the establishment out of power.

All we lack to beat the establishment of at least one major party are the 3rd party dreamers sitting in the bleachers.

donttread
05-06-2016, 05:35 AM

I'm sick hearing it.

but mostly welfare.

As long as the "reality is that the either the democrat or republican is going to win" they don't have to change to get votes. And the reality is that spending and debt will increase , individual and state's rights will be ignored , we will wage war with half the world and eventually wreck the economy. Out of those ashes 3rd party phoenixes will arise.
I mean the American people can't possibly be dumb enough to vote for the two party regime once it wrecks the economy, can they? Hopefully we've at least learned something since the great depression.
BTW, how's that "lesser of two evils approach" working out for ya?

Mac-7
05-06-2016, 05:45 AM
As long as the "reality is that the either the democrat or republican is going to win" they don't have to change to get votes. And the reality is that spending and debt will increase , individual and state's rights will be ignored , we will wage war with half the world and eventually wreck the economy. Out of those ashes 3rd party phoenixes will arise.
I mean the American people can't possibly be dumb enough to vote for the two party regime once it wrecks the economy, can they? Hopefully we've at least learned something since the great depression.
BTW, how's that "lesser of two evils approach" working out for ya?

The elites in washington thrive on hangdogs that moan about how futile it is to resist them.

Republican voters have the ability to reform the republican party if everyone pulls together.

You cant create a third party that can beat the republicans or democrats and we cant take over the republican party without you.

but our way is more realistic than yours

MMC
05-06-2016, 06:41 AM

Its taking time.....but, if you noticed. There are less and less Neo Cons around to fuck things up. Once we drive all those bitches out of the Republican Party.

Its all cake like.

MisterVeritis
05-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Sometimes the moment of success is easily pinpointed. And sometimes historians will mull the moment over for decades. Trump won. The counter-coup has begun. I heard this morning that McCain, the Senator from John McCain, threw his support to Trump.

And Ryan, if he fails to support Trump, it will be the beginning of the end for him. The worst dregs of establishment Republicanism are beginning to see that if they fail to support Trump they will be left behind.

I believe the takeover of the GOP is well underway. But the historians will have to make that determination sometime well into Trump's first four years in office.

MMC
05-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Sometimes the moment of success is easily pinpointed. And sometimes historians will mull the moment over for decades. Trump won. The counter-coup has begun. I heard this morning that McCain, the Senator from John McCain, threw his support to Trump.

And Ryan, if he fails to support Trump, it will be the beginning of the end for him. The worst dregs of establishment Republicanism are beginning to see that if they fail to support Trump they will be left behind.

I believe the takeover of the GOP is well underway. But the historians will have to make that determination sometime well into Trump's first four years in office.

Johnny Quest McCain? I doubt it.....he is already blaming Trump for the hard time he will have to get re-elected.

Johnny needs to do the American people a solid.....STFU and hit pasture and stick to chewing the Cow gummi.

Cigar
05-06-2016, 07:14 AM
In 6 months since budget deal, debt up over $1T (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/6-months-budget-deal-debt-more-1-trillion)With the GOP in charge of both houses of Congress.... Can the republicans here explain why?Wars are Expensive ... so are Senators and Congressmen

Mac-7
05-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Johnny Quest McCain? I doubt it.....he is already blaming Trump for the hard time he will have to get re-elected.

Johnny needs to do the American people a solid.....STFU and hit pasture and stick to chewing the Cow gummi.

I'm sorry that mccain survived the primary

Ransom
05-06-2016, 09:22 AM

It explains why Donald Trump has just won the Party nomination. There was like 5 trillion added to the debt...during John Boehner's reign as Speaker.

In defense....Republicans sent our GOP Reps to Washington not to expand the budget, it's a reason we GOPers feel betrayed, it's in my opinion the primary reason why Trump is now our nominee. Agree?

Peter1469
05-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Better than your dream of a pure-as-the-driven-snow third party that sweeps the establishment out of power.

All we lack to beat the establishment of at least one major party are the 3rd party dreamers sitting in the bleachers.

Are you going to continue to run the economy off the cliff?