PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Says She'll Work to Defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan.....

MMC
05-08-2016, 05:13 PM
“His political career is over but for a miracle.”
Watch out, House Speaker Paul Ryan. That’s the message from Sarah Palin.

The former vice presidential candidate, Alaska governor, reality TV star, and pundit (http://fortune.com/2016/04/15/sarah-palin-nye-climate-change/) is vowing to use her celebrity to help defeat Ryan in his Congressional reelection bid. In an interview that aired Sunday with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Palin said she would support Ryan’s Republican primary opponent in the Wisconsin race.

“I think Paul Ryan is soon to be ‘Cantored,’ as in Eric Cantor,” Palin said. Cantor, the former GOP House majority leader, lost the Republican primary to a more conservative opponent in 2014. Ryan’s “political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people,” Palin told Tapper. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/index.html)

Ryan’s primary opponent, Paul Nehlen, has endorsed Trump. The primary is in August. Ryan has said he and other party leaders will meet with Donald Trump this week.....snip~

http://fortune.com/2016/05/08/sarah-palin-paul-ryan/?xid=yahoo_fortune&ref=yfp

Looks like GOPe will still be having some difficulties, huh?

Quicksilver
05-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Does Palin still have the political capital to do Ryan any harm... or is she now just a caricature of herself.... OR will she stay sober long enough to even remember the Primary?

domer76
05-08-2016, 05:21 PM

The former vice presidential candidate, Alaska governor, reality TV star, and pundit (http://fortune.com/2016/04/15/sarah-palin-nye-climate-change/) is vowing to use her celebrity to help defeat Ryan in his Congressional reelection bid. In an interview that aired Sunday with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Palin said she would support Ryan’s Republican primary opponent in the Wisconsin race.

“I think Paul Ryan is soon to be ‘Cantored,’ as in Eric Cantor,” Palin said. Cantor, the former GOP House majority leader, lost the Republican primary to a more conservative opponent in 2014. Ryan’s “political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people,” Palin told Tapper. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/index.html)

Ryan’s primary opponent, Paul Nehlen, has endorsed Trump. The primary is in August. Ryan has said he and other party leaders will meet with Donald Trump this week.....snip~

http://fortune.com/2016/05/08/sarah-palin-paul-ryan/?xid=yahoo_fortune&ref=yfp

Looks like GOPe will still be having some difficulties, huh?

Probably the best news he's heard in awhile

SurelySimple
05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
... and also said she was available if asked for the VP spot on the ticket......... I think the girl has fried her brain because she's had too many Bourbon Manhattans...

Common
05-09-2016, 01:34 AM
She doesnt have the juice or the backing to hurt ryan.

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 02:19 AM
Palin is expressing the frustration of many republican base voters

Because Ryan is trying to deliver as much of the big government inside washington GOP establishment agenda as he can get away with before republican base voters turn on him the way they did boehnor.

MMC
05-09-2016, 07:14 AM
She doesnt have the juice or the backing to hurt ryan.

Yeah I don't think she has the backing in Wisconsin to do him any Damage. Now if she was paired up with Walker. Might be a different story.

zelmo1234
I think that Ryan is in trouble, The Conservative GOP member that is running against him in the primary is Well liked,

Trump is popular in WI. and his district is very conservative. Sara, and her outdoor lifestyle still plays well in WI.

I remember Eric Cantor getting ousted for the same shit Ryan is pulling.

Adelaide
Incorrect perception of self in her case. She lacks the authority, respect, so forth to get Ryan defeated. She's delusional at this point, it would seem.

zelmo1234
05-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Incorrect perception of self in her case. She lacks the authority, respect, so forth to get Ryan defeated. She's delusional at this point, it would seem.

Haven't spent much time is rural WI have you?

Quicksilver
05-09-2016, 07:24 AM
What we have here is the tail wagging the dog. A very small and very vocal slice of the Conservative base think they can control this entire process.. They may have been able to disrupt Washington for the last several years.. but I think their time is coming to an end. Their hijinks in DC will not be tolerated much longer and the General electorate will make that official in November.

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 07:48 AM

libs are hung up on palin

Millions of republicans - including sarah palin - turned on john boehnor and the momentum is building to do the same to ryan

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 07:48 AM
What we have here is the tail wagging the dog. A very small and very vocal slice of the Conservative base think they can control this entire process..

You have it backwards

Quicksilver
05-09-2016, 07:49 AM
You have it backwards

Looks like someone else needs to spend some time out of the Right Wing Bubble... and visit the REAL world.

zelmo1234
05-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Looks like someone else needs to spend some time out of the Right Wing Bubble... and visit the REAL world.

OK real world Question? Why do you think that so many Democrats are supporting Trump?

Quicksilver
05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
OK real world Question? Why do you think that so many Democrats are supporting Trump?

Why do you think there are? Did Fox tell you that?

Adelaide
05-09-2016, 07:57 AM
libs are hung up on palin

Millions of republicans - including sarah palin - turned on john boehnor and the momentum is building to do the same to ryan

Except millions of people don't matter since it's his congressional district that votes for him.

I fail to see how responding to a thread about Palin's own comments is "libs hung up on palin." Anytime she's brought up because of her own behavior it's suddenly "Damn liberals". Funny how that works.

PolWatch
05-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Except millions of people don't matter since it's his congressional district that votes for him.

I fail to see how responding to a thread about Palin's own comments is "libs hung up on palin." Anytime she's brought up because of her own behavior it's suddenly "Damn liberals". Funny how that works.

Palin has made millions since her failed attempt at the vice presidency. How has she made so much? Publicity. Speaking fees. Reality shows. She is the political version of the Kardashians. She (or her family) work very hard to make headlines and then the right says the left is obsessed.

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 08:19 AM

My point is that many ordinary republicans are already dropping away from ryan

but you dont see or hear them.

on the other hand palin gets your attention in a way that others dont.

so liberals prove that she is not the non-factor that they try to portray her as.

it took time to dump bohnor but we did it and the same could happen to Ryan

and sarah palin will help lead that fight if necessary

FindersKeepers
05-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Palin has made millions since her failed attempt at the vice presidency. How has she made so much? Publicity. Speaking fees. Reality shows. She is the political version of the Kardashians. She (or her family) work very hard to make headlines and then the right says the left is obsessed.

While that is true -- it was the Left's obsession with Palin that created the self-fulfilling prophecy in which she now lives. From nuts moving into the house next to her family to spy on them, to wild accusations that Sarah's son was really her daughters son, to condemnations that she didn't abort her son -- the Left created it all. She would never have been lucrative fodder for reality TV had the Left not launched vicious attack after vicious attack, with virtually none of them being accurate.

As far as I can tell, Palin is just another person -- no different from Dukakis or Ferraro, except perhaps a bit better looking, so it's odd why they focused on her to the extent that they did.

So yes, the Palin's turned lemons into lemonade, and I'm not sure anyone can fault them for that.

del
05-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Haven't spent much time is rural WI have you?

is it like a game preserve for really stupid people?

because otherwise, i don't see what possible difference it could make.

MMC
05-09-2016, 08:30 AM

No CNN just reported Saturday how Democrats in a Democratic Stronghold of West Virginia are voting for Trump.....Due to what the Demos and Hillary have done to the Coal Miners Daughters.

Quicksilver
05-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Oh.... ok... West Virginia.. And you have nothing but polls.. What about the rest of the country.?

exotix
05-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Today

Paul Ryan's Career 'Over' for Not Supporting Trump, Sarah Palin Says

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/palin-paul-ryans-political-career-supporting-trump/story?id=38965717

Sarah Palin (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/sarah-palin.htm) will work to defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/rep.-paul-ryan.htm) in his primary reelection challenge, she said Sunday.

“I think Paul Ryan is soon to be 'cantored,' as in Eric Cantor,” the former Alaska Governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate said on CNN’s State of the Union (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/state-of-the-union.htm).

Cantor, the former House Majority Leader and Virginia congressman, was unexpectedly defeated in June 2014 by Tea Party (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/tea-party.htm) conservative David Brat (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/david-brat.htm).

Ryan is being challenged in an August primary by Wisconsin businessman Paul Nehlen, who has pledged support for Trump as the presumptive presidential nominee, “because it will have been the will of the voters that got him there,” he said in a statement.

Palin further slammed Ryan for not extending the same support for Trump.

"His political career is over, but for a miracle, "Palin added, "because he has so disrespected the will of the people and yeah, as the leader of the GOP (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/republican-party.htm), the convention certainly, he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support, was not a wise decision of his."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaaUtBMVFjo

Cigar
05-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Paul Ryan has an actual Job ... she's just sell herself for cash :laugh:

exotix
05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
I seem to remember not too long ago ... LOL ...

'I'm excited ... '

~ Palin on Paul Ryan as VP pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhEbsVNCiEE

Subdermal
05-09-2016, 09:36 AM
I guess there is no one leftists claim to revile enough to avoid listening to when they tell them something they want to believe.

suds00
05-09-2016, 09:41 AM
i don't think one would call ryan's district rural.i hope that he holds trump accountable.

Quicksilver
05-09-2016, 09:46 AM
OMG..... I don't believe I am about to say this... but with Trump and Palin against him.. I'm rooting for Paul..

PolWatch
05-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Duplicate Threads Merged

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 09:56 AM
I guess there is no one leftists claim to revile enough to avoid listening to when they tell them something they want to believe.

I made this point before.

if all the leftists were staying in a beachside hotel and I knew that a 100 foot tidal wave was heading straight for them I would send sarah palin or rush limbaugh to warn them.

because I know they would not listen and leave

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 09:56 AM

I will help to primary Ryan. I will offer money and time. Ryan needs to get on board or get the hell out of Trump's Republican party.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Oh.... ok... West Virginia.. And you have nothing but polls.. What about the rest of the country.? Hmmm:
https://youtu.be/rcVsuCgYf0U

MMC
05-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Oh.... ok... West Virginia.. And you have nothing but polls.. What about the rest of the country.?

Are you always this silly. Nothing but polls, huh? :rollseyes:

Why are voters changing their party affiliation this election cycle?.....

Since the beginning of the year, nearing 50,000 registered Democrats in Pennsylvania have switched to the Republican Party and as many as 20,000 Democrats in Massachusetts have made the same move in their state.

Several recent reports have highlighted these party affiliation switches in key states, with some suggesting that Donald Trump is responsible for driving this exodus. The GOP presidential frontrunner often claims that his campaign has attracted tons of Democrats and independent voters (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-republican-debate-miami-2016/), but are people leaving their parties in droves because they approve of his policy positions?

"It's unclear whether voters are switching parties to vote sincerely or to vote strategically, but we do see evidence that they're switching," said Costas Panagopoulos, a professor at Yale University this year, who also teaches at Fordham University, and studies voter behavior.

Between Feb. 2 and March 4 in Nevada, which held both parties' caucuses last month, 2,451 Democrats switched to the Republican Party and 1,538 Republicans registered as Democrats, a spokeswoman for the secretary of state's office told CBS News.

Another report that has surfaced found that 1,000 blue-collar Democrats in Ohio's Mahoning County have switched to being Republicans. A spokesman, however, for the department of state said Ohio won't have updated statistics on party affiliation changes until after the results come in from the state's winner-take-all primary on Tuesday.....snip~

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-people-changing-their-party-affiliation-this-election-cycle/

Hows that for the outlier on the rest of the country? What happened....just polls. Seems CBS says there is more than just Polls that validate such.

How about Election Results? Now what you got to say?

zelmo1234
05-09-2016, 03:57 PM

Actually, not a big Fox Watcher Don't have time.

But I would say that because minorities have suffered the most under the Tyranny that is the Obama administration, that they are ready to have jobs and lead productive lives again.

Nothing that Obama / Hillary are offering is going to change anything for the poor and middle class, and lets face it. there are a lot of Minorities in those groups.

zelmo1234
05-09-2016, 04:03 PM

West Virginia would be a Blue State turned Red, that is significant. You are still thinking that the popular vote elects that President. Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Missouri, Iowa, and Colorado will likely decide this election, unless Trump can fire up the Rust Belt, then he will win the popular vote as well, but any combination of 3 of the above and you win. OH and FL also make you a Winner.

If Trump Takes W. VA Hillary would need to win 4 of the above states.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Fame and wanting to hold on to it sure has a way of getting people to violate their supposed core principles.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Hmmm:
https://youtu.be/rcVsuCgYf0U

Manufacturing jobs in Wisconsin disappeared long before Ryan went to Washington DC. A self declared genius should know this.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Manufacturing jobs in Wisconsin disappeared long before Ryan went to Washington DC. A self declared genius should know this.
I just shake my head.

Common
05-10-2016, 01:24 AM
Paul Ryan and his budgets are a simplified reason why Donald Trump is the nominee and the reason Ted Cruz was rejected by republicans.

Paul Ryans first, second, third budget and the union busting of Scott Walker and the rhetoric of the far right teaparty caucus in the house is the reason ALL conservative candidates were soundly rejected by their own republican voters.

The country is pissed not only at the progressive left they are scared of the conservative right. BOTH screw everyone else in the middle and the voters are telling you just how much they dont like either.

Donald Trump winning the nomination is a rejection of far right conservatism not an endorsement

Mac-7
05-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Paul Ryan and his budgets are a simplified reason why Donald Trump is the nominee and the reason Ted Cruz was rejected by republicans.

Paul Ryans first, second, third budget and the union busting of Scott Walker and the rhetoric of the far right teaparty caucus in the house is the reason ALL conservative candidates were soundly rejected by their own republican voters.

The country is pissed not only at the progressive left they are scared of the conservative right. BOTH screw everyone else in the middle and the voters are telling you just how much they dont like either.

Donald Trump winning the nomination is a rejection of far right conservatism not an endorsement

I guess "far right" can mean different things to different people.

but I think trump voters are rejecting the entreached GOP establishment in Washington which is anything but conservative.

the same way bernie voters are rejecting the democrat party establishment.

which is why Paul Ryan's endorsement cannot help or hurt trump because trump voters have lost faith in the party establishment

Common
05-10-2016, 02:20 AM
I guess "far right" can mean different things to different people.

but I think trump voters are rejecting the entreached GOP establishment in Washington which is anything but conservative.

the same way bernie voters are rejecting the democrat party establishment.

which is why Paul Ryan's endorsement cannot help or hurt trump because trump voters have lost faith in the party establishment

Yes they are rejecting the establishment both left and right that havent done a damn thing for entire center of america which is the largest block.

Trump supporters like me are rejecting the far rights assault on unions and undieing defense of anything for the rich. Trump supporters reject the give it all the rich and We cant afford anything for the poor and middle class mandate of the far right. They thought they didnt take notice of Paul Ryans budgets that gave huge tax cuts to the rich and cut social security and medicare. They heard the rhetoric from the ted Cruzs that we cant afford Social Security anymore.

Trump is the anti to the anti christ to many middle americans. Hes neither the far left nor the far right. Americans want to kick bothe the extremes right in the ass and the establishment that sat around sucking in lobbiest and donor big bucks and did nothing

Mac-7
05-10-2016, 02:37 AM
Yes they are rejecting the establishment both left and right that havent done a damn thing for entire center of america which is the largest block.

Trump supporters like me are rejecting the far rights assault on unions and undieing defense of anything for the rich. Trump supporters reject the give it all the rich and We cant afford anything for the poor and middle class mandate of the far right. They thought they didnt take notice of Paul Ryans budgets that gave huge tax cuts to the rich and cut social security and medicare. They heard the rhetoric from the ted Cruzs that we cant afford Social Security anymore.

Trump is the anti to the anti christ to many middle americans. Hes neither the far left nor the far right. Americans want to kick bothe the extremes right in the ass and the establishment that sat around sucking in lobbiest and donor big bucks and did nothing

I'll take your support for trump to defeat hillary for whatever reason you choose to give it

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 09:50 AM
I just shake my head.

and when you do, what do you hear?