PDA

View Full Version : Trump and Romney

texan
05-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Trump was on "this week" yesterday and stated the reason he dislikes Romney.

2012 Primaries: he asked me for money, asked for my endorsement, asked me to make calls/robocalls, asked me to fundraise, asked me to attend events in 5 states. I did it for him.

2012 General: he asked for my money and wouldn't take my calls as I offered to help campaign.

Payback is a bitch....

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Trump was on "this week" yesterday and stated the reason he dislikes Romney.

2012 Primaries: he asked me for money, asked for my endorsement, asked me to make calls/robocalls, asked me to fundraise, asked me to attend events in 5 states. I did it for him.

2012 General: he asked for my money and wouldn't take my calls as I offered to help campaign.

Payback is a $#@!....

Romney needs to get his sorry butt out of Trump's Republican Party.

Peter1469
05-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Romney really should stay out of politics.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Romney needs to get his sorry butt out of Trump's Republican Party.

yes, to hell with trying to inspire unity.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 02:44 PM
yes, to hell with trying to inspire unity.
We can unify the party by taking out the trash.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 02:45 PM

huh? I'm not one of his biggest fans, but, as a former Governor and one time presidential nominee he is involved in politics.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 02:58 PM
We can unify the party by taking out the trash.

sounds to me like you only want a party where everyone needs to be in 100% harmonious lock-step just like the Democrats. No room for discussion or disagreement in your world, huh?

AZ Jim
05-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Romney needs to get his sorry butt out of Trump's Republican Party."Trumps" republican party is never going to win a Presidency.

The Sage of Main Street
05-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Romney really should stay out of politics. No one whose father held office should be allowed to hold office himself.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 03:42 PM
sounds to me like you only want a party where everyone needs to be in 100% harmonious lock-step just like the Democrats. No room for discussion or disagreement in your world, huh?
LOL. I want a party where those who pledged to support the nominee will do so. And those in positions of authority support the party's nominee. Or get out. I really do not care which. Establishment Republicans unable to transition need to leave the party.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 03:43 PM
"Trumps" republican party is never going to win a Presidency.

I suppose we shall soon discover whether your predictions are any good. Just for fun do you remember when you thought Trump would not get the nomination?

Peter1469
05-09-2016, 03:43 PM
huh? I'm not one of his biggest fans, but, as a former Governor and one time presidential nominee he is involved in politics.

I should have added publicly involved. He is damaged goods. He lost.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 03:45 PM
LOL. I want a party where those who pledged to support the nominee will do so. And those in positions of authority support the party's nominee. Or get out. I really do not care which. Establishment Republicans unable to transition need to leave the party.

So, you support being a blind party hack.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 03:47 PM
I should have added publicly involved. He is damaged goods. He lost.

and Reagan lost his first bid for the nomination to a weak and damaged president who was not elected to the position.

Peter1469
05-09-2016, 03:49 PM
and Reagan lost his first bid for the nomination to a weak and damaged president who was not elected to the position.

Romney is not Reagan.

texan
05-09-2016, 03:51 PM
"Trumps" republican party is never going to win a Presidency.

You base this comment on what?

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Romney is not Reagan.

Your adsolutely correct. My point is that someone doesn't need to be exiled because they lost an election.

texan
05-09-2016, 04:19 PM
He needs to quit acting like a 17 year old baby and fade into the trees.

birddog
05-09-2016, 04:58 PM
He needs to quit acting like a 17 year old baby and fade into the trees.

True, Romney wimped out in his last debate, and from there on.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:00 PM
I want a party where those who pledged to support the nominee will do so. And those in positions of authority support the party's nominee. Or get out. I really do not care which. Establishment Republicans unable to transition need to leave the party.

So, you support being a blind party hack.
Connect the dots that took you from what is above to your...statement.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Your adsolutely correct. My point is that someone doesn't need to be exiled because they lost an election.

Romney has also lost his mind. If he cannot support the Republican party nominee then he needs to leave Trump's Republican party. Romney lost his nerve. He needs to just go away quietly.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I want a party where those who pledged to support the nominee will do so. And those in positions of authority support the party's nominee. Or get out. I really do not care which. Establishment Republicans unable to transition need to leave the party.

in other words, you support blind loyalty to a party even if that party and nominee have strayed far away from their declared principles.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:20 PM

in other words, you support blind loyalty to a party even if that party and nominee have strayed far away from their declared principles.
This is why no one has ever accused you of brilliance. Trump won. Establishment Republicans lost. If you cannot support the nominee then get out of the party.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:23 PM

This is why no one has ever accused you of brilliance. Trump won. Establishment Republicans lost. If you cannot support the nominee then get out of the party.

I left the party years ago when they bent over and grabbed their ankles tiring to win over the media by ignoring conservative principles.

by the way, I'd put my intelligence up against you any time. Even if I was drunk.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:25 PM
I left the party years ago when they bent over and grabbed their ankles tiring to win over the media by ignoring conservative principles.

by the way, I'd put my intelligence up against you any time. Even if I was drunk.

Good riddance. And you would lose. Drunk or sober.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Good riddance. And you would lose. Drunk or sober.

We live in a free country. You can think whatever you want. No matter how stupid or unsupportable it may be.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:28 PM
We live in a free country. You can think whatever you want. No matter how stupid or unsupportable it may be.
Of course, you are free to be consistently wrong. And you have chosen to be.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Of course, you are free to be consistently wrong. And you have chosen to be.

Snd just what what is this which you say I'm wrong about?

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:32 PM
I have a bigger problem with party hacks on the right than I do with left wing party hacks.

I expect liberals and and the hard left to be so vacuous that they need to march along mindlessly with a party line.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Snd just what what is this which you say I'm wrong about?
You are wrong for wanting to keep despoilers in the party. Boot them out. They can join you.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I have a bigger problem with party hacks on the right than I do with left wing party hacks.

I expect liberals and and the hard left to be so vacuous that they need to march along mindlessly with a party line.

Trump does not represent the party line. By now you should have noticed. Perhaps you should run along.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:48 PM
You are wrong for wanting to keep despoilers in the party. Boot them out. They can join you.

No, I'm saying that you don't create unity by telling people you are not welcome. That's how the Republicans got in the condition they are experiencing right now.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Trump does not represent the party line. By now you should have noticed. Perhaps you should run along.

I shouldn't expect a simple party hack to suddenly understand reason.

Some of these people claim to not support the party line and or the political establishment, but then they argue that you must stand by the established party or get out.

Very odd.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Donald Trump just said basically that conservatives have no place in the Republican party.

Safety
05-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Tahuyaman sounds like they are kicking you out of the party, you are welcome to come over here by the fence, we have cake and ice cream.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 06:02 PM
@Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365) sounds like they are kicking you out of the party, you are welcome to come over here by the fence, we have cake and ice cream.

I left their party years ago when they started to destroy it.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:06 PM
No, I'm saying that you don't create unity by telling people you are not welcome. That's how the Republicans got in the condition they are experiencing right now.
Establishment Republicans got into this position through betrayal. It is time to clean out the vipers nest.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I shouldn't expect a simple party hack to suddenly understand reason.

Some of these people claim to not support the party line and or the political establishment, but then they argue that you must stand by the established party or get out.

Very odd.
What is odd is your inability to recognize that Trump is not towing the Establishment Republican party line. That is your problem, not mine nor anyone else's.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Establishment Republicans got into this position through betrayal. It is time to clean out the vipers nest.

No. It's time to address the people who think they have been betrayed and see how that can be repaired.

Your solution won't accomplish that.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 06:35 PM
What is odd is your inability to recognize that Trump is not towing the Establishment Republican party line. That is your problem, not mine nor anyone else's.

while establishment Republicans are endorsing him. I don't get where you are coming from.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:36 PM
No. It's time to address the people who think they have been betrayed and see how that can be repaired.

Your solution won't accomplish that.
I was betrayed. We cannot count on any Establishment Republicans. Screw them the way they screwed us. We do not need them. It can be repaired through divorce. If the Establishment Republicans cannot support Trump then they need to get out of Trump's Republican Party.

Divorce will work just fine.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:37 PM
while establishment Republicans are endorsing him. I don't get where you are coming from.

You do have difficulty paying attention. I used to wonder why. I no longer care why.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I was betrayed. We cannot count on any Establishment Republicans. .

and your solution is to blindly support the party nominee and make that party even smaller.

Tahuyaman
05-09-2016, 06:44 PM
You do have difficulty paying attention. I used to wonder why. I no longer care why.

Are party loyalists not supporting him? Are party loyalists not part of the establishment?

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:48 PM
and your solution is to blindly support the party nominee and make that party even smaller.

We do not need traitors and back stabbers in our party. We have the Democrats for that. Find other words. One should not use blind in every post. It diminishes you. Although not by much. You have done the right thing. You are not a Republican. Thank you.

MisterVeritis
05-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Are party loyalists not supporting him? Are party loyalists not part of the establishment?

Pay attention, if you can. Establishment Republicans need to support Trump or get out of his Republican party. I shall not state this again.

Mac-7
05-09-2016, 07:23 PM

Romney had his chance and he blew it.

because he was a bad politician America was cursed with 4 extra years of obumer

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Romney had his chance and he blew it.

because he was a bad politician America was cursed with 4 extra years of obumer

and because of Trump, we are going to be stuck with a corrupt Clinton administration.

maineman
05-10-2016, 08:46 AM
and because of Trump, we are going to be stuck with a corrupt Clinton administration.Trump is just the symptom of the disease, not the virus that caused it.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Trump is just the symptom of the disease, not the virus that caused it.

uh...... Ok.

birddog
05-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Trump is just the symptom of the disease, not the virus that caused it.

So, liberal thinking is a virus, sounds about right. The establishment Republican lack of leadership, like with Romney, Boehner, and turtle, enabled the liberal sickness.

Mac-7
05-10-2016, 10:21 AM
and because of Trump, we are going to be stuck with a corrupt Clinton administration.

That is ertainly posdible if you fail to vote for trump in november

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Trump is going to win.

maineman
05-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Trump is going to win.

no. he is not.

Cigar
05-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Trump is going to win.

You got some inside info you're not sharing? :grin:

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Trump is going to win.

no. he is not.

I'm a staunch conservative and I have to agree with maineman on this one. That doesn't mean I agree with the positions he takes. It just means that this time he is right.

Hillary Clinton's negatives in the public are surpassed only by Donald Trump.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
That is ertainly posdible if you fail to vote for trump in november

I will cast my vote for the candidate which represents my conservative views. That isn't Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Besides, I'm registered in Washington state. Hillary Clinton will win Washington state in a landslide. There's nothing anyone can do about that.

birddog
05-10-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm a staunch conservative and I have to agree with @maineman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1289) on this one. That doesn't mean I agree with the positions he takes. It just means that this time he is right.

I disagree. Again, voters will vote for Donald even though they find things about him unfavorable because they know we need REAL change this time. Also, the debates and the FBI recommendations will put Trump firmly ahead, whether many like him or not.

Mac-7
05-10-2016, 10:47 AM
I will cast my vote for the candidate which represents my conservative views. That isn't Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Besides, I'm registered in Washington state. Hillary Clinton will win Washington state in a landslide. There's nothing anyone can do about that.

How long has it been since supported a candidate who actually won the white house?

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 11:17 AM
I disagree. Again, voters will vote for Donald even though they find things about him unfavorable because they know we need REAL change this time. Also, the debates and the FBI recommendations will put Trump firmly ahead, whether many like him or not.

Obviously many people will vote for him, but many more won't. If one looks at all the data and polls objectively, it's also obvious that Trump's negatives well surpass Clinton's negatives.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 11:20 AM
How long has it been since supported a candidate who actually won the white house?

I voted for Bush his first term, but not his second. In 2000, he fooled me into thinking that he was a true conservative. I vowed then that I would never be hoodwinked again.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
no. he is not.

Yes. Trump is going to win. Easily. Still, I look forward to Hillary's indictment in the next month or two.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
You got some inside info you're not sharing? :grin:

It is plain for anyone to see. Stick around. You can watch it happen day by day.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm a staunch conservative and I have to agree with @maineman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1289) on this one. That doesn't mean I agree with the positions he takes. It just means that this time he is right.

You are both welcome to be wrong.

Let's test your guessing powers. Did you guess that Trump would never be the nominee? Did you guess that all the way up until the moment he became the presumptive nominee?

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:05 PM
I voted for Bush his first term, but not his second. In 2000, he fooled me into thinking that he was a true conservative. I vowed then that I would never be hoodwinked again.
Bush 43 made no effort to convince anyone he was a "true" conservative. And he never was.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Bush 43 made no effort to convince anyone he was a "true" conservative. And he never was.

He did while running for his first term. He had no credibility left to attempt it again.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:16 PM
He did while running for his first term. He had no credibility left to attempt it again.

We remember differently. That is okay. We know what happened.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:18 PM
You are both welcome to be wrong.

Let's test your guessing powers. Did you guess that Trump would never be the nominee? Did you guess that all the way up until the moment he became the presumptive nominee?

Any objective analysis of the current national view of the two major candidates strongly suggests Mrs Clinton will win as Trump is distrusted or disliked more than her.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Any objective analysis of the current national view of the two major candidates strongly suggests Mrs Clinton will win as Trump is distrusted or disliked more than her.
LOL. And yet Trump will easily win.

Nice dodge, by the way.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:23 PM
We remember differently. That is okay. We know what happened.

did you toe the party line when Bush ran for reelection?

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM

LOL. And yet Trump will easily win.

Nice dodge, by the way.

He's going to lose and it's not going to be all that close.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:26 PM
He's not yet the nominee. It certainly looks like he will be, but stranger things have happened.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
did you toe the party line when Bush ran for reelection?
LOL. Trolling? Bush, although not a conservative was better than the other option.

Purists tend to get their heads handed to them. You have experience at that, don't you?

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
LOL. Trolling? Bush, although not a conservative was better than the other option.

Purists tend to get their heads handed to them. You have experience at that, don't you?

so, you voted then for someone you knew was not a conservative, but still claim to be a conservative. Ok.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:49 PM
He's going to lose and it's not going to be all that close.

Did you say the same thing about him becoming the Republican nominee?

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 12:50 PM
so, you voted then for someone you knew was not a conservative, but still claim to be a conservative. Ok.

Yes. I am not a purist. You are. That is why you will never be on a winning team.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes. I am not a purist. You are. That is why you will never be on a winning team.

I'm not a purist either, but I at least need to agree with a candidate more than I disagree with them and trust that where we agree he or she will remain consistent to those principles.

I know I disagree with Hillary nearly all of the time and I have no idea where Trump really stands because he's all over the place on most issues.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not a purist either, but I at least need to agree with a candidate more than I disagree with them and trust that where we agree he or she will remain consistent to those principles.

I know I disagree with Hillary nearly all of the time and I have no idea where Trump really stands because he's all over the place on most issues.
You could know if you wanted to. That is on you.

maineman
05-10-2016, 02:33 PM

wouldn't Trump just flip flop after we did our research?

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Maybe. maybe not.

If you like you can simply wait and see what he does. It is less than a year away from the Trump presidency.

maineman
05-10-2016, 04:23 PM
More likely some post election loss reality show.

Subdermal
05-10-2016, 04:26 PM

http://youtu.be/yev6Hi4LDFY

You didn't acknowledge this last time, and I know damned well you saw it. I guess you don't mind rank hypocrisy in your candidate support, eh?

maineman
05-10-2016, 05:35 PM
http://youtu.be/yev6Hi4LDFY

You didn't acknowledge this last time, and I know damned well you saw it. I guess you don't mind rank hypocrisy in your candidate support, eh?

Do I LIKE politicians who change their positions on things? Sometimes yes... sometimes no. When they do so for obvious political expediency, not so much. When they do it as a part of their evolution as a human being, I'm quite supportive of it.

And as I have said time and time again... every four years, after the national conventions, I read the platforms of both parties from cover to cover. When I am done with both, I cogitate for a bit and then I determine which party is closest to my own personal political philosophy. When I have made that determination, I then make sure that I vote for every possible candidate from that party for every possible office. Politics is a team sport. No party can get anything done if they are in the minority.

maineman
05-10-2016, 06:00 PM
and I had to thank you once... just so you wouldn't feel all lonely without all your brainiac cohorts to back you up! :rofl:

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 08:07 PM

I can't compromise core principles to support a party which has no core principles.

MisterVeritis
05-10-2016, 10:01 PM
I can't compromise core principles to support a party which has no core principles.
Whatever makes you happy. Trump will win without you.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 10:08 PM

I have no idea why you believe he will or even can win a national election? There's no supportable reason to believe he can other than just hoping he can.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 10:42 PM

I guess anything can happen. After all, the Mariners are playing some great baseball. If that can happen, who knows what other oddity may come to pass?

Mac-7
05-11-2016, 03:07 AM

Bush never claimed to be a true conservative.

He called himself a "compassionate conservative" which was a code word for an inside washington establishment moderate

We have all been burned by lying politicians so dont think you are the only one.

but taking a-pox-on-both-houses approach does not solve anything

Tahuyaman
05-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Bush never claimed to be a true conservative.

He called himself a "compassionate conservative" which was a code word for an inside washington establishment moderate

We have all been burned by lying politicians so dont think you are the only one.

but taking a-pox-on-both-houses approach does not solve anything

i dont care about what you believe the different code words may be. The point is, I don't get fooled twice by pretenders.

Trump is not a conservative. He doesn't even know what a conservative is.