PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party Leader Gary Johnson : What Donakld Trump Says Is Ridiculous

Mark III
05-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Washington (CNN)

"Libertarian Party presidential candidate (and 2012 LP nominee) Gary Johnson said Tuesday Donald Trump makes "ridiculous" comments, and pitched himself as a general election home for potentially disaffected Bernie Sanders supporters.

"With regard to Trump, he's saying some things that I just think are ridiculous and would disqualify any other candidate," Johnson told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day."

The former New Mexico governor cited immigration as a particular area of disagreement with Trump, arguing that instead of advocating for a wall and mass deportation, the United States should "embrace immigration." He called building a fence on the border "crazy."

"Speaking as a border governor, they (immigrants) are the cream of the crop," Johnson said. "

MORE http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/politics/gary-johnson-donald-trump-bernie-sanders/index.htm

Mark III
05-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Another wing of the political spectrum weighs in against Trump.

zelmo1234
05-10-2016, 12:46 PM
And he is still neck and neck in FL, OH, PA 2 out of 3 and he is the President.

Safety
05-10-2016, 12:48 PM
That's why Gary got my vote in '12, and will get it in '16.

Mark III
05-10-2016, 12:48 PM

You would vote for someone who is pretty universally described as ridiculous.

Fascinating.

Cletus
05-10-2016, 12:49 PM

I like Gary. He was a good governor, but he is wrong about the immigration issue.

hanger4
05-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Of course he weighs in against Trump, he weighs in against Clinton and Sanders also. He's campaigning for President. Geebus.

Cigar
05-10-2016, 12:58 PM

If I were you I'd double down with the House :grin:

Mark III
05-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Of course he weighs in against Trump, he weighs in against Clinton and Sanders also. He's campaigning for President. Geebus.

A lot of libertarians seem to have some kock eyed affection for Trump. This is a counterpoint to that.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 01:23 PM
I like Gary. He was a good governor, but he is wrong about the immigration issue.

Actually, if you check out his views on immigration, he makes sense. He is not for opening our borders and ignoring the issue.

I'm leaning toward voting for him. He would be a much better choice than either of the cartoon characters put out there by the two major parties.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 01:24 PM
A lot of libertarians seem to have some kock eyed affection for Trump. This is a counterpoint to that.

I sure don't know of any.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 01:28 PM

Of course. A candidate for president isn't going to make an argument for any of his competitors

The Trumpsters and liberals have something in common. They both think that if one makes anti Trump comments you must support Hillary Clinton.

Cigar
05-10-2016, 01:38 PM
zelmo1234

Ex-McCain Aide Says Trump May Go Insane When He Loses To HillaryThroughout the 2016 race for the White House, Donald Trump’s sanity (or lack thereof) has been questioned, examined, and debated. Some say he has all the behavioral characteristics of a narcissist. Others have gone further, speculating that Trump is a sociopath. But nearly everyone seems to agree the guy is a few cans short of a six-pack....

Asked about how he thinks Trump will fare in a general election contest with Hillary Clinton, Salter said he expects Trump will lose badly, and that could just push him over the edge psychologically:

“He’s going to lose, and I think he’s got kind of an unstable personality to begin with.

“I think he could come apart, you know, in some kind of visible way. I think that’s quite possible. I’m not a psychiatrist, but there is something wrong with (the) guy.”

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2016/05/09/ex-mccain-aide-says-trump-may-go-insane-loses-hillary/

Mark III
05-10-2016, 01:42 PM
"there is something wrong with (the) guy.”"

that is putting it mildly

zelmo1234
05-10-2016, 01:47 PM
You would vote for someone who is pretty universally described as ridiculous.

Fascinating.

Almost as Fascinating as someone that is commonly described as a Felon!

Listen Trump Blows up a System that needs blowing up. Hillary is more of the same, when compared to Obama.

If Trump turned into an establishment candidate I will drop him like a hot potato, but as long as he blows up the establishment, He is my Guy. Paybacks are a Bitch. and the GOP needs to learn that lesson.

zelmo1234
05-10-2016, 01:49 PM
@zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588)

Ex-McCain Aide Says Trump May Go Insane When He Loses To Hillary

Throughout the 2016 race for the White House, Donald Trump’s sanity (or lack thereof) has been questioned, examined, and debated. Some say he has all the behavioral characteristics of a narcissist. Others have gone further, speculating that Trump is a sociopath. But nearly everyone seems to agree the guy is a few cans short of a six-pack....

Asked about how he thinks Trump will fare in a general election contest with Hillary Clinton, Salter said he expects Trump will lose badly, and that could just push him over the edge psychologically:

“He’s going to lose, and I think he’s got kind of an unstable personality to begin with.

“I think he could come apart, you know, in some kind of visible way. I think that’s quite possible. I’m not a psychiatrist, but there is something wrong with (the) guy.”

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2016/05/09/ex-mccain-aide-says-trump-may-go-insane-loses-hillary/

Well McCain knows about loosing.

I am not attached to Trump if he Jumps off the Trump Tower if he looses, I am OK with that.

What we do know about Hillary is: If Hillary is not President of the USA, she is going to jail. And I find that Funny

texan
05-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Washington (CNN)

"Libertarian Party presidential candidate (and 2012 LP nominee) Gary Johnson said Tuesday Donald Trump makes "ridiculous" comments, and pitched himself as a general election home for potentially disaffected Bernie Sanders supporters.

"With regard to Trump, he's saying some things that I just think are ridiculous and would disqualify any other candidate," Johnson told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day."

The former New Mexico governor cited immigration as a particular area of disagreement with Trump, arguing that instead of advocating for a wall and mass deportation, the United States should "embrace immigration." He called building a fence on the border "crazy."

"Speaking as a border governor, they (immigrants) are the cream of the crop," Johnson said. "

MORE http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/politics/gary-johnson-donald-trump-bernie-sanders/index.htm

Doublejack
05-10-2016, 03:00 PM
That's why Gary got my vote in '12, and will get it in '16.

Same.

Doublejack
05-10-2016, 03:02 PM

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Gary_Johnson_Immigration.htm

Pretty straight forward approach imho. Easier, cheaper and more effective solutions.

PolWatch
05-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I like a lot of Johnson's platform...but I do have a problem with his support of the death penalty. There are a few other issues that I question so I think I'll stick with Jill Stein (or not vote at all).

The Sage of Main Street
05-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Another wing of the political spectrum weighs in against Trump. On every ray of every band on the spectrum, always ask what its bandleaders are hiding and how does it benefit whoever pays them to wrap the ruling class's aims in a soothing pseudo-sensible message.

Ethereal
05-10-2016, 04:07 PM

But at least he is a constitutionalist, so you wouldn't have to worry about him trying to impose his immigration beliefs on the country unilaterally. Anything he did in that regard would be in cooperation with the Congress.

Ethereal
05-10-2016, 04:08 PM

Only insofar as the establishment hates him.

It's the same reason why many libertarians have affection for Bernie Sanders.

We just like the idea of an anti-establishment politician going into DC and causing trouble.

The Sage of Main Street
05-10-2016, 04:08 PM
A lot of libertarians seem to have some kock eyed affection for Trump. This is a counterpoint to that. So the Libretardian trail boss is out lassoing the strays and tugging them back to the herd headed for the slaughterhouse.

Ethereal
05-10-2016, 04:10 PM
I like a lot of Johnson's platform...but I do have a problem with his support of the death penalty. There are a few other issues that I question so I think I'll stick with Jill Stein (or not vote at all).

He no longer supports the death penalty I believe: http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Gary_Johnson_Crime.htm

Ethereal
05-10-2016, 04:16 PM
If you are leaning towards supporting a third party candidate, then I think Johnson is the one we have to support.

And it's not necessarily about his ideology so much as it is about promoting third parties in general.

Because the Libertarian Party is the only third party that has ballot access in most states.

And Gary Johnson is the only third party candidate who is even close to the statistical threshold needed to get into the debates.

I understand if you don't agree with Johnson on most or even any of his ideas. But if you agree that we need more choices in political elections, you should support him regardless because it will help raise awareness of other options.

If we can just get Gary Johnson into the fold, then that will benefit every third party, from the Greens to the Constitutionalists.

PolWatch
05-10-2016, 04:22 PM
The possibility of more choices (parties) may be the only positive result of this election.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 08:43 PM
The possibility of more choices (parties) may be the only positive result of this election.

We've always had alternatives.

The Xl
05-10-2016, 08:52 PM
He's not wrong in many respects, and I'm far closer ideologically to Gary Johnson than I am Trump. I'm certainly not ruling out voting for him, but if Trump has a chance shake up this ridiculous system to it's core, he's still worth it in that respect.

The Xl
05-10-2016, 08:53 PM
We've always had alternatives.

We've always been signed up to corporatist two party duopoly.

Mister D
05-10-2016, 08:55 PM
He's not wrong in many respects, and I'm far closer ideologically to Gary Johnson than I am Trump. I'm certainly not ruling out voting for him, but if Trump has a chance shake up this ridiculous system to it's core, he's still worth it in that respect.

Trump doesn't really have an ideology which is part of his appeal.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 09:07 PM
We've always been signed up to corporatist two party duopoly.

and that's by choice. We've always had several alternative party candidates to choose from.

Tahuyaman
05-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Trump doesn't really have an ideology which is part of his appeal.

I would agree with that. He doesn't really know where he stands on many issues. His views change based on his feelings at any particular time.