PDA

View Full Version : Freemen still crazy

Adelaide
05-13-2016, 12:56 PM
The Kitchener man got in hot water after going out for coffee on a Sunday morning with homemade "Republic of Kanata" licence plates taped to his car.

Adherents of the Freeman movement believe they can declare themselves sovereign and therefore exempt from government laws by opting out of "contracts" such as health cards and social insurance numbers.

When an officer pulled Finney over for not having real licence plates, he refused to produce documents or identify himself.

The situation escalated when Finney began videotaping the officer, told him he had no authority over him and warned he would be billed $10,000 a second for detaining him. Several other officers were called for backup, blocked Finney in and tried to arrest him. He then locked his doors and accelerated, requiring an officer to push off his car to avoid being struck....

Kitchener Freeman member free after being acquitted of charges of assaulting a police officer - The Record (http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4548985-kitchener-freeman-member-free-after-being-acquitted-of-charges-of-assaulting-police/)

So, he got fined. He also spent time behind bars during his appearance in court for representing himself and refusing to sit down when the judge ordered it.

These "Freemen" guys are batshit crazy. They recognize no authority.

stjames1_53
05-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Kitchener Freeman member free after being acquitted of charges of assaulting a police officer - The Record (http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4548985-kitchener-freeman-member-free-after-being-acquitted-of-charges-of-assaulting-police/)

So, he got fined. He also spent time behind bars during his appearance in court for representing himself and refusing to sit down when the judge ordered it.

These "Freemen" guys are bat$#@! crazy. They recognize no authority.

...and some folks never got over being owned by the crown (aka: subjects) and why should YOU care if they aren't bending their knees before some false authority?

Tahuyaman
05-13-2016, 01:24 PM

These "Freemen" guys are bat$#@! crazy. They recognize no authority.

Are these guys whackier in Canada than they are here?

Ethereal
05-13-2016, 05:33 PM
They do recognize authority.

It just has to be legitimate.

Of course, whether or not a particular authority is "legitimate" is up for debate.

Peter1469
05-13-2016, 05:36 PM
It is the sovereign citizen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement) movement in the US. The OP is likely the same group.

stjames1_53
05-14-2016, 05:08 AM
The first 5 amendments define what an Individual is.
These Rights are NOT recognized as collective in nature. That establishes what a sovereign citizen is.
The difference between those who recognize what a sovereign is from the rest is a sense of independence, of self-reliance. To be forced on bended knee to be subject of a central government, or forced to participate in something that goes against their basic nature, gives rise to resentment and distrust and eventual hatred.
Property Rights and outright ownership has become a liability where it used to define a level of independence.
The question becomes arguable as to what point do we surrender our Rights to the Will and Whim of the government. If we decide that it is too intrusive, how are we to cast off the chains that make us subjects?
and why are those who desire to become subjects demand all be subjects...........simply because they, too, desire to be subjects?
As I was taught, one American has the same basic Rights as the next American, but those Rights end where the other's begin.
Some believe that using a contrary bathroom is one of a Right, but it isn't. Some believe that burning down a guy's home and business because he isn't on-board with the gay crowd is a Right, but it isn't.
Ordering me to surrender my religious beliefs because another doesn't have a religious belief, tramples on my Rights. Ordering me to buy insurance for my neighbor violates my Individual Rights, ordering me to protect another's sexual practices violates my Individual Rights.
threatening me with prison for not supporting this abomination's privilege is a violation of my senses.
These rules are for subjects, not a free Citizen.

Peter1469
05-14-2016, 05:27 AM
From what I understand of the Sovereign Citizen movement, they don't recognize any authority in any government institution unless the individual citizen recognizes it. As a Constitutionalist I reject that notion as silly.

JDubya
05-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Of course, whether or not a particular authority is "legitimate" is up for debate.

Thank you for illustrating by example, the fucked up moron "logic" of these goofballs.

Which chapter are you a member of, BTW?

JDubya
05-14-2016, 09:13 AM
The first 5 amendments define what an Individual is.
These Rights are NOT recognized as collective in nature. That establishes what a sovereign citizen is.
The difference between those who recognize what a sovereign is from the rest is a sense of independence, of self-reliance. To be forced on bended knee to be subject of a central government, or forced to participate in something that goes against their basic nature, gives rise to resentment and distrust and eventual hatred.
Property Rights and outright ownership has become a liability where it used to define a level of independence.
The question becomes arguable as to what point do we surrender our Rights to the Will and Whim of the government. If we decide that it is too intrusive, how are we to cast off the chains that make us subjects?
and why are those who desire to become subjects demand all be subjects...........simply because they, too, desire to be subjects?
As I was taught, one American has the same basic Rights as the next American, but those Rights end where the other's begin.
Some believe that using a contrary bathroom is one of a Right, but it isn't. Some believe that burning down a guy's home and business because he isn't on-board with the gay crowd is a Right, but it isn't.
Ordering me to surrender my religious beliefs because another doesn't have a religious belief, tramples on my Rights. Ordering me to buy insurance for my neighbor violates my Individual Rights, ordering me to protect another's sexual practices violates my Individual Rights.
threatening me with prison for not supporting this abomination's privilege is a violation of my senses.
These rules are for subjects, not a free Citizen.

Drool ^.

birddog
05-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Drool ^.

Poor thing, have you had a "stroke" like Hillary? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

stjames1_53
05-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Drool ^.

so, you prefer bended knee.................great for you.......however, being a subject is no want of mine

donttread
05-14-2016, 06:24 PM

One of the things that works aginst governments in such debates is the habit governments have of exempting themselves from their own rules. It's like being a teenager and getting grounded for drinking and as they are grounding you mom and dad are finishing off a 12 pack
You'll put in your time grounded because you have no choice but you vow to never listen to the hypocritical bastards when no longer have to do so leglly

AeonPax
05-15-2016, 02:49 AM
`
`
I think these were the wacko's who started the thought Jade Helm was a government plot to arrest citizens.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 06:45 AM
yes

JDubya
05-15-2016, 07:18 AM
so, you prefer bended knee.................great for you.......however, being a subject is no want of mine

And yet you kneel and bow to the same authority that everyone else does.

Sounds like a lot of big talk.

donttread
05-15-2016, 09:38 AM

Yes, for example some of the American federal government's authority is legit. The portions having to do with the enumerated powers.
Then's there's all the illegitimate authority they have usurped from the states and the people over the years.
The problem is that whether you be American , Canadian or from Narnia you have to know what your government's legitimate authority is and the text books will lie about it so it takes work and initiative on the citizens part to find the truth