PDA

View Full Version : Remind me to never bring up politics around my DEM. family again!

BooHoo
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I have some family members that believe Obuma's shit smells like roses. They are TOTALLY BRAIN WASHED by the Messiah! There was no making points with these people.....so frustrating dealing with close minded people who refuse to converse without getting angry.

All they said the whole time that I was trying to make valid points was "but Bush did this, and Bush did that..." STFU!

K...feel better had to vent!

Peter1469
09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Usually not a good idea to talk politics with family members who have radically different positions than you do. It really isn't worth it.

Captain Obvious
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Or sports.

BooHoo
09-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Usually not a good idea to talk politics with family members who have radically different positions than you do. It really isn't worth it.

Yeah you're right. I learned that tonight. One of my brothers is a Repulblican and he told me not to waste my breath lol

BooHoo
09-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Or sports.

Haha!! TRUE!

Smartmouthwoman
09-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I have the same issue with my long-time friends. He works for GM ($40/hr janitor) and she stays home and lounges by their pool all day til hubby gets home in his '12 'vette ("just like John Ross on Dallas drives")

LOL, they're BIG Obama supporters. We exchg a few barbs now and then, but nothing serious. I KNOW where they're coming from... just trying to make sure they keep their elite status among American workers. Obama's the man to make sure that happens since nobody else can even find a job!!

roadmaster
09-21-2012, 10:52 PM
The only one I talk to is my sister outside of this place. We think alike.

IGetItAlready
09-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Aside from myself and my children, my family is about as political as a grilled cheese sandwich.
My mom once disclosed to me that she voted for Gore "because he's so attractive"...
Talk about an Easter diner killer... :facepalm:

Trinnity
09-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh, and never talk about politics at work. I learned that decades ago. It's deadly.