PDA

View Full Version : tPF My Political Endorsement, as It Were

Chris
05-14-2016, 11:11 AM
I pretty much agree with this 100%.

My Political Endorsement, as It Were (http://blog.independent.org/2016/04/28/my-political-endorsement-as-it-were/)

I notice that many people are making public announcements these days to identify which candidates they will endorse for the presidency and other public offices in the coming elections. Encountering these statements, I often shake my head because I have no idea who the endorser is or, when I do recognize the name, because he or she is such a nonentity that I wonder, “Who cares whom you endorse?” However that may be, in view of the cavalcade of nobodies who are making endorsements, I suppose it will do no great harm if I make an announcement of my own in this regard. So here is my public statement (my private statement is not suitable for a family-friendly website).

I will not endorse any of the candidates seeking the Republican or Democratic Party nominations for election to the presidency nor any of those seeking a nomination by the minor parties nor any of those seeking nomination for election to lesser offices. Indeed, I will not endorse the election itself. Finally, I will not endorse the continued existence of the nation-state over which these aspirants seek to preside. Enough is enough. I will not give my endorsement to politics as usual, a process by which competing parties seek to gain control of the state’s powers in order to plunder and bully the people at large for the sake of their principal supporters.

Oh that all other people would join me in withdrawing their endorsement—indeed, their acquiescence and endurance. Decent people ought to flee the whole diabolical process, leaving only those who are criminally inclined to assault their fellow human beings to go to war exclusively against one another without sacrificing the bodies, souls, and wealth of innocent parties.

http://i.snag.gy/6YwOF.jpg

suds00
05-14-2016, 11:18 AM
i can't quite agree,....yet

birddog
05-14-2016, 11:25 AM
I disagree. "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still a positive contribution. It keeps the most evil of the two out of office.

Of course, I'm a "glass half full" guy. I will repeat that if Trump accomplishes 25% of what he says he will, he will have done far more for our country than the opposition. I speak as a realist, not just a partisan.

Chris
05-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still a positive contribution. It keeps the most evil of the two out of office.

Of course, I'm a "glass half full" guy. I will repeat that if Trump accomplishes 25% of what he says he will, he will have done far more for our country than the opposition. I speak as a realist, not just a partisan.

When it comes to the government, the solution is the problem. The government spends most of it's time fixing the problems it creates with its solution.

Voting for evil cannot be good.

Peter1469
05-14-2016, 12:16 PM

Trump is running as anti-Establishment. Breaking down the Establishment, even partially, is good.

birddog
05-14-2016, 01:07 PM
When it comes to the government, the solution is the problem. The government spends most of it's time fixing the problems it creates with its solution.

Not voting to curtail the most evil one is also evil in a sense.

Chris
05-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Not voting to curtail the most evil one is also evil in a sense.

No good options.

birddog
05-14-2016, 03:23 PM
No good options.

The only sensible option is to try to be optimism and support Trump. Undoubtedly, his Supreme Court nominations will be better than Hillary's! Trump will protect the Second Amendment far better. The majority of the military and Veterans prefer Trump. Food for thought.

suds00
05-14-2016, 05:19 PM
i hope sanity prevails.

Subdermal
05-14-2016, 05:35 PM

Ignoring it isn't either.

So people complain about Trump, saying that they don't really know what he thinks, they don't really know what he'll do.

Congratulations. Welcome to support of every candidate ever.

This candidate, though, can at least rattle some cages that have been built around the American People, such as Establishment gamesmanship, Political Correctness and asinine business regulations, as well as coddling enemies and poking allies in the eye.

Mister D
05-14-2016, 05:48 PM
I'll be voting for Trump. Not so much because of the man himself (i.e. his qualities as a statesman) but for the anti-establishment phenomenon he represents in the US.

donttread
05-14-2016, 06:32 PM
i can't quite agree,....yet

I'll be doing a writ in again .

Chris
05-15-2016, 11:48 AM
https://i.snag.gy/V4DzCb.jpg

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:48 PM

I don't agree with that either. I know that one of the two major party candidates will win the election. I'm not going to vote for either of them. I can't vote for either.

I'm not the problem.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Trump is running as anti-Establishment. Breaking down the Establishment, even partially, is good.

But that alone does not qualify someone to be POTUS, nor does it mean someone would be effective.

Chris
05-15-2016, 09:10 PM
Trump is anti-establishment, but as a populist I'd be concerned he wants to become the new establishment.