PDA

View Full Version : tPF Why won't Hillary release her Wall Street speech transcripts?

Pages : [1] 2

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 02:06 PM
She's gone to great lengths to keep those hidden. If what she's said about them is true, that she got paid by Wall Street to warn them about the '08 financial crisis, then why not release them and prove it once and for all?

JDubya
05-15-2016, 02:17 PM
As soon as her opponents in the race release the transcripts of their speeches, she will.

Let's concentrate on getting Trump to release his tax returns first, before we worry about some innocuous speeches made to a bunch of bankers.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 02:21 PM
As soon as her opponents in the race release the transcripts of their speeches, she will.

Opponent in the primary, you mean? That'll be easy, Sanders doesn't have any Wall Street speeches. Are you talking about Trump? I would support that, too.

Personally, I think if she wants to be president, she should show her leadership now and be the first one to release her speech transcripts.

Let's concentrate on getting Trump to release his tax returns first, before we worry about some innocuous speeches made to a bunch of bankers.

Why not both? I mean, if they really are innocuous, I don't see what all the fuss is about or why it should be put off. Release them and then not worry about it any more.

Subdermal
05-15-2016, 02:55 PM

IRS examinations of Trump’s tax returns from 2002 to 2008 have been “closed administratively,” the lawyers wrote, “without assessment or payment.” That means the examination of those returns is finished.

IRS examinations of returns for the years since 2009 are “ongoing,” the lawyers said.

But here’s the catch: The lawyers said Trump’s recent tax returns — the ones the IRS is still auditing — are just extensions of his older returns, because they include “items that are attributable to continuing transactions or activities that were also reported on returns for 2008 and earlier.”

“In this sense, the pending examinations are continuous of prior, closed examinations,” the lawyers wrote.

This gives Trump legal backing for claiming all his returns are being audited, not just those under active examination."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/trump...b0a06d5804bd8c (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/trump-irs-lawyers_us_56fc78c4e4b0a06d5804bd8c)

The Xl
05-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Because she's openly being bribed.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:27 PM
I think she will... and has said that she will... just as soon as Donald releases the transcripts of any speech he may have made to business groups as well as his tax returns...

The Xl
05-15-2016, 03:28 PM
I think she will... and has said that she will... just as soon as Donald releases the transcripts of any speech he may have made to business groups as well as his tax returns...

She's not going to, guaranteed.

People, Goldman Sachs paid her 6 figures to speak. What exactly do you think is going on here?

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:30 PM
She's not going to, guaranteed.

People, Goldman Sachs paid her 6 figures to speak. What exactly do you think is going on here?

I'm sure you don't want Clinton and Trump held to different standards do you? No... when he releases his tax returns as well as any business speeches he has made, you can be sure Clinton will release those transcripts..

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:31 PM

I have a feeling that the price of those Tax Record is going to be these speeches. Trump has been audited for the last 12 years. The information is out in the public record on earnings and he release his assets earlier in the election cycle.

Hillary is or has likely made deals with Wall Street. She is getting over 90% of their donations. That just smells funny.

And the Clintons are crooked as a snake.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Why didn't Romney release his high school term papers?

Why didn't McCain release his sixth grade art project?

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 03:34 PM
There is nothing in Trump's tax returns that will affect the election in any way.

Continue hard left.... :shocked:

Ransom
05-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Quicksilver. Might there be a difference between a businessman giving a speech to any business and a Senator or Secretary of State?

SO telling in that Trump isn't accountable to you in any way shape or form, he's never been elected to any office. Where as Hillary as been a US Senator, First Lady, and Secretary of State in other words...she IS accountable to you and yet....Trump is the speech text you're more interested in. You give yourself away too easily. Don't highlight your bucket carrier license like a credentials badge at a Stones Concert, cannot you not at least pretend objectivity?

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm sure you don't want Clinton and Trump held to different standards do you? No... when he releases his tax returns as well as any business speeches he has made, you can be sure Clinton will release those transcripts..

I don't think that you will find that Trump was a big speech giver. I would likely be art of the deal type stuff. Do we even know if he made speeches?

I think that if you are paying people half a million to speak, that is very, very high. we need to know what they wanted to hear, being Hillary never owned or ran a business.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 03:36 PM

Are you seriously comparing that to taking money to the tune of 6 figures from probably the most powerful, wealthy, and influential industry in the world?

zelmo1234

Why didn't the Brilliant Obama release his college Transcripts?

The Xl

I want transparency from everyone on all sides, including Trump.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't know of any presidential candidate who has released his college transcripts. I know many who have released tax returns... and none who have released transcripts of speeches or term papers or sermons or love letters.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Quicksilver. Might there be a difference between a businessman giving a speech to any business and a Senator or Secretary of State?

SO telling in that Trump isn't accountable to you in any way shape or form, he's never been elected to any office. Where as Hillary as been a US Senator, First Lady, and Secretary of State in other words...she IS accountable to you and yet....Trump is the speech text you're more interested in. You give yourself away too easily. Don't highlight your bucket carrier license like a credentials badge at a Stones Concert, cannot you not at least pretend objectivity?

Why not? He is running for the same office she is.. I'm sure that it could be very interesting to see what Trump has said to business groups. Keep in mind.. SHE was not in office either when she made those speeches.. I also think that that Trump should release his tax returns first. The fact is we don't know what's in them.. and Clinton has 7 years of HER tax returns on her website. There shouldn't be different standards for Clinton than there is for Trump... and there won't be.

domer76
IRS examinations of Trump’s tax returns from 2002 to 2008 have been “closed administratively,” the lawyers wrote, “without assessment or payment.” That means the examination of those returns is finished.

IRS examinations of returns for the years since 2009 are “ongoing,” the lawyers said.

But here’s the catch: The lawyers said Trump’s recent tax returns — the ones the IRS is still auditing — are just extensions of his older returns, because they include “items that are attributable to continuing transactions or activities that were also reported on returns for 2008 and earlier.”

“In this sense, the pending examinations are continuous of prior, closed examinations,” the lawyers wrote.

This gives Trump legal backing for claiming all his returns are being audited, not just those under active examination."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/trump...b0a06d5804bd8c (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/trump-irs-lawyers_us_56fc78c4e4b0a06d5804bd8c)

Audits have nothing to do with him releasing his own returns.

The Xl
I don't know of any presidential candidate who has released his college transcripts. I know many who have released tax returns... and none who have released transcripts of speeches or term papers or sermons or love letters.

Paid speeches are worlds different than papers or love letters. For you to equate them is amazingly biased and embarrassing.

domer76
05-15-2016, 03:42 PM

She was a private citizen when she gave the speeches.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:44 PM

Yes... and for those that want to see those transcripts... well... give Donald a call... tell him to release his tax returns..

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't know of any presidential candidate who has released his college transcripts. I know many who have released tax returns... and none who have released transcripts of speeches or term papers or sermons or love letters.'

I don't remember any other claiming to be the smartest man to ever run for the office? That is what made it relevant.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Yes... and for those that want to see those transcripts... well... give Donald a call... tell him to release his tax returns..

I will, as soon as I see those speech transcripts. It is likely that Hillary made promises and deals with WS. While we might find out that Trump is not charitable and uses the US tax code to the fullest extent.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Are you seriously comparing that to taking money to the tune of 6 figures from probably the most powerful, wealthy, and influential industry in the world?

I am suggesting that no presidential candidate has ever been asked to provide transcripts of speeches they have given while a private citizen. My previous post was a bit sarcastic but just highlights the crazy idiocy this leads to. Where does it end? Tax returns... college transcripts... speech transcripts... what's next?

hanger4
05-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Audits have nothing to do with him releasing his own returns.

Tax lawyers advise against it.

http://lawnewz.com/politics/legal-experts-side-with-trump-it-would-be-totally-stupid-to-release-his-taxes-during-audit/

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:47 PM

A citizen that everyone on the planet knew was going to run for president of the USA

And there is the difference. What did she promise them.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Paid speeches are worlds different than papers or love letters. For you to equate them is amazingly biased and embarrassing.

don't be embarrassed. I certainly am not. and do me a fucking favor... quit trying to be my good angel. I don't need you to show me my moral compass, asshole.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:50 PM
is there anyone on the right who honestly believes that the transcripts of speeches from Hillary to Wall Street organizations will contain written promises from her? Really? Are any of you really that fucking naive and stupid?

hanger4
05-15-2016, 03:51 PM
don't be embarrassed. I certainly am not. and do me a fucking favor... quit trying to be my good angel. I don't need you to show me my moral compass, asshole.

With a mouth like yours somebody sure needs to.

domer76
05-15-2016, 03:52 PM
I will, as soon as I see those speech transcripts. It is likely that Hillary made promises and deals with WS. While we might find out that Trump is not charitable and uses the US tax code to the fullest extent.

If she made promises and deals with WS, you can be sure it wasn't in a public speech. Naive of you to think so.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Donald Trump made paid speeches to banks.. and I think that it is very important that we find out what was said in them. Trump has run on the premise that he is a very good business man.. and wants to be elected based on that... His speeches would be more important to see than Clinton's since he us using that as his basis of experience and qualification for being president. I think you can expect Clinton to call for those as well as his tax returns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/clinton-trump-paid-speeches-transcripts-article-1.2594745

“I have reason to believe Donald Trump has, for money, for rather considerable amounts,” she said. “A lot more than I was ever offered.”Trump, who has not released the transcripts of any paid speeches from his business career preceding his presidential run, is reported to have performed many such compensated speaking events.

According to a 2015 Business Insider article, Trump commanded as much as $1.5 million per speech. The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment on the issue.

Clinton has repeatedly said she would only release transcripts from three speeches she performed for Goldman Sachs after she stepped down as secretary of state — for which she earned a total of $675,000 — once her presidential rivals did the same, a position she reiterated during her meeting with The News.“I will release them when others release them,” she told The News. “It’s not like I’ve never said anything of the dangers and behaviors of Wall Street.”
“I’ve been more open than anyone running, I’ve got eight years of tax returns on my website, I’ve released 30 years worth,” she continued. “I don’t hear that coming from my opponent, Sen. Sanders, or Donald Trump.”

hanger4
05-15-2016, 03:53 PM
is there anyone on the right who honestly believes that the transcripts of speeches from Hillary to Wall Street organizations will contain written promises from her? Really? Are any of you really that fucking naive and stupid?

Why do the promises, if any, need to written ??

The Xl
05-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I'll call you out for being a biased fraud whenever the fuck I feel like it, thanks.

Ransom
05-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Written promises no. I think it will expose a cozy partnership with banks while her current opponent appears anti-banking industry. Once Trump becomes her opposition, I expect we'll see some transcripts that will have been edited or altered. It will put her on the defensive for awhile is all.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:55 PM

No they don't and that's why we need to see Trumps speeches too..

domer76
Tax lawyers advise against it.

http://lawnewz.com/politics/legal-experts-side-with-trump-it-would-be-totally-stupid-to-release-his-taxes-during-audit/

"Clients" are not running for President, are they?

zelmo1234
don't be embarrassed. I certainly am not. and do me a $#@!ing favor... quit trying to be my good angel. I don't need you to show me my moral compass, $#@!.

that is good because I have never met a democrat that had a moral compass. so it could have been very painful if he was going to show it to you

The Xl

Someone comparing college papers to 6 figure speeches to banks is in absolutely no position to call anyone naive and stupid. Invest in a mirror.

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll call you out for being a biased fraud whenever the fuck I feel like it, thanks.

biased? I would be just as opposed to democrat's calls for Trump's speech transcripts. I think it is a silly practice that should stop. Tax returns. fine. there's precedent. College transcripts? no. Transcripts of documents candidates wrote for private dissemination while private citizens? no.

And you can call me out, but don't try to put emotions in my heart. I am not at all embarrassed. Got that, asshole?

The Xl
05-15-2016, 03:57 PM
biased? I would be just as opposed to democrat's calls for Trump's speech transcripts. I think it is a silly practice that should stop. Tax returns. fine. there's precedent. College transcripts? no. Transcripts of documents candidates wrote for private dissemination while private citizens? no.

And you can call me out, but don't try to put emotions in my heart. I am not at all embarrassed. Got that, asshole?
It's clear you're not embarrassed, but you should be. You're a hack.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 03:57 PM
is there anyone on the right who honestly believes that the transcripts of speeches from Hillary to Wall Street organizations will contain written promises from her? Really? Are any of you really that $#@!ing naive and stupid?

I would guess that the would have been spoken not written.

NO that is not what they would contain. it would be something along the line of the 47% statement that Romney made

I am guessing that you would find out that Hillary, and Democrats in general don't give a shit about the poor and middle class as she talks about what needs to be done for the rich, and likely statements about her tax policies.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Someone comparing college papers to 6 figure speeches to banks is in absolutely no position to call anyone naive and stupid. Invest in a mirror.

Do you want to see Trumps $1.5 million dollar transcripts? Or.. like his tax returns are you just going to take his word that there is nothing important in them?

maineman
05-15-2016, 03:58 PM

And I would imagine the details of some of Trump's real estate deals, and the palms he had to grease, and the politicians who looked the other way, would be interesting too. If you want to do opposition research against Hillary, don't be so fucking naive as to expect her to be required to do your work for you.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:00 PM
If she made promises and deals with WS, you can be sure it wasn't in a public speech. Naive of you to think so.

You mean the what difference does it make lady. You understand that is what the speeches were for right?

They did not need trading advice from Hillary? Though the tips on upcoming regulations and monetary policies are huge. And that you might pay a half million for

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:01 PM
And I would imagine the details of some of Trump's real estate deals, and the palms he had to grease, and the politicians who looked the other way, would be interesting too. If you want to do opposition research against Hillary, don't be so $#@!ing naive as to expect her to be required to do your work for you.

I'm sure lot's of details about his business dealings have been uncovered and have yet to be released for public scrutiny..

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:01 PM
It's clear you're not embarrassed, but you should be. You're a hack.

and you're an irrelevant, inconsequential little bug.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:02 PM
And I would imagine the details of some of Trump's real estate deals, and the palms he had to grease, and the politicians who looked the other way, would be interesting too. If you want to do opposition research against Hillary, don't be so $#@!ing naive as to expect her to be required to do your work for you.

He already told you that he did it on several occasions. He even donated to the Clintons He has told you that Politicians are corrupt.

I suspect that you only need ask.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Do you want to see Trumps $1.5 million dollar transcripts? Or.. like his tax returns are you just going to take his word that there is nothing important in them?

Yes, I want Trump to release everything as well. I'm not above turning on someone if they've established themselves to be a fraud. Did it with Rand Paul, won't hesitate to do it again.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:03 PM
and you're an irrelevant, inconsequential little bug.

Again, invest in a mirror.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:04 PM
You mean the what difference does it make lady. You understand that is what the speeches were for right?

They did not need trading advice from Hillary? Though the tips on upcoming regulations and monetary policies are huge. And that you might pay a half million for

Don't you think that Trumps speeches may give us some insight into what kind of a president he will be?

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:04 PM
really.... the fucking republicans are so fucking lazy that they want Hillary to do their opposition research for them. Dig up you own dirt and we'll dig up ours.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Again, invest in a mirror.

anything new to say? If not, please quit replying to me.... you bore me.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:09 PM

how else would you find them in a transcript, silly?

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Don't you think that Trumps speeches may give us some insight into what kind of a president he will be?

Do we know if he even made any? Speeches form CEO's are boring I have done 3 One on ventilation of bathrooms. one on state of the art makeup air systems.

I am going to run for School board this fall, if they should I be getting these on the public record now.

I have NO idea if Trump ever did a speech.

And one on setting up outdoor kitchens in northern states

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:10 PM
really.... the $#@!ing republicans are so $#@!ing lazy that they want Hillary to do their opposition research for them. Dig up you own dirt and we'll dig up ours.

Stop arguing with them... They already lost this argument..

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:10 PM

Always good for a leftist to silence the opposition. all that tolerance and freedom that they stand for.

Ransom
05-15-2016, 04:11 PM

The palms greased includes his employees and you're voting for one of the politicians who looked the other way.

Could you start to offer some competition, something not so easily boxed up and returned to sender.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:12 PM
With a mouth like yours somebody sure needs to.
I'll be sure to mention it ay my next confession.

Oh... and here is a little tidbit for ya: my lips don't move when I type. my mouth has no input here.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Always good for a leftist to silence the opposition. all that tolerance and freedom that they stand for.

Oh stop... You have hooted and hollered about Clinton's transcripts.. until it was pointed out that she will release them........WHEN Trump releases his... I simply cannot believe you would want different standards for them... now would you?

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:14 PM
The palms greased includes his employees and you're voting for one of the politicians who looked the other way.

Could you start to offer some competition, something not so easily boxed up and returned to sender.

my point is: there are probably all sort of interesting stuff that good researchers might be able to dig up on ANY candidate. I don't think it ought to be a requirement that the candidates themselves provide that information to their opponents. Democrat or Republican.

and you'd be marginally more tolerable if you lost that annoying habit of patting yourself on the back all the time, even when you don't deserve it. It's pretty predictable and boring.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Carry on comparing bribes to book reports. Must be an easy life, being so simple, naive, and blindly loyal.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Carry on comparing bribes to book reports. Must be an easy life, being so simple, naive, and blindly loyal.

So now you are saying you have inside knowledge about what was in Clinton's speeches? You have read the transcripts?

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:17 PM
So now you are saying you have inside knowledge about what was in Clinton's speeches? You have read the transcripts?

What use do bankers have paying Hillary that money? Nothing she can say is that profound. You people are seriously naive.

Ransom
Her emails, her speech transcripts, from Whitewater to the White House she's tried to hide everything and we've her bucket carriers asking that Trump be held to the same standards?

:biglaugh:

zelmo1234
Oh stop... You have hooted and hollered about Clinton's transcripts.. until it was pointed out that she will release them........WHEN Trump releases his... I simply cannot believe you would want different standards for them... now would you?

Well that will be easy for Trump I can only find 3 and they are college commencement so they are already recorded

Do you have one that you know about that I don't I am sure that they are full of deceit and bribes.

I don't thing a business person makes a very good person to bribe. Now I can tell you that in construction there is back door money on everything. Which is Cool I get VR volume Rebates on nearly every product that goes into a home.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:19 PM

bribes?

what a foolish, unsupportable idiotic thing to say.

when you're not boring me, you're disappointing me. That's just weak.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:19 PM

She's running to lead this nation as president. She should show her leadership and lead on this issue, rather than following.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Well that will be easy for Trump I can only find 3 and they are college commencement so they are already recorded

Do you have one that you know about that I don't I am sure that they are full of deceit and bribes.

I don't thing a business person makes a very good person to bribe. Now I can tell you that in construction there is back door money on everything. Which is Cool I get VR volume Rebates on nearly every product that goes into a home.

I don't know... Did you read my link.. Sources are saying he was paid up to $1.5 million for a speech... wonder what was in them that was worth so much money..

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:21 PM

I would argue that paid speeches before the architects of our economic malaise is considerably more important than high school papers and elementary school art projects.

When you'd like to join the adults at the grown ups table, let me know.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Her emails, her speech transcripts, from Whitewater to the White House she's tried to hide everything and we've her bucket carriers asking that Trump be held to the same standards?

do your own research. we'll do ours. who knows... maybe YOU'LL be the guy who really puts the Vince Foster murder weapon in her hand.... but don't be stupid enough to expect her to give it you. I would bet that the Donald will not be forthcoming with any potential dirt from HIS closet either... shit... he won't even show us his tax returns which has been pretty pro forma for the last few decades.

Ransom
05-15-2016, 04:22 PM
my point is: there are probably all sort of interesting stuff that good researchers might be able to dig up on ANY candidate. I don't think it ought to be a requirement that the candidates themselves provide that information to their opponents. Democrat or Republican.

and you'd be marginally more tolerable if you lost that annoying habit of patting yourself on the back all the time, even when you don't deserve it. It's pretty predictable and boring.

To some extent I would agree. However....if you've been a Trump who has called Obama out for his birth certificate, or a Hillary who crows often about transparency and trust, perhaps you should offer such transparency.

You're bucket carrying for Hillary here, Maineman.......whining on about politicians who have looked the other way is what won't be tolerates. Not from you. Sorry.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:22 PM
She's running to lead this nation as president. She should show her leadership and lead on this issue, rather than following.

Did you actually type that sentence with a straight face? What is TRUMP running for... dogcatcher? Maybe he should show what kind of leadership HE will have as President.. and HE should release all his tax returns as well as his speeches..

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:23 PM

It wasn't a public speech, or the transcripts would already be public record.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:24 PM
I would argue that paid speeches before the architects of our economic malaise is considerably more important than high school papers and elementary school art projects.

and if you believe that they ARE important, who cares? What right do YOU have to ask a private citizen to hand over the transcripts of a speech she gave to a private audience? We never would have known about Romney's 47% remark if it hadn't been for someone surreptitiously taping it. We would never presume to ask for such transcripts.... but, by God... NOW we will.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Donald Trump made paid speeches to banks.. and I think that it is very important that we find out what was said in them.

I agree.

Now tell me why it isn't equally important to figure out what Hillary Clinton said in her paid speeches to banks and financial institutions.

maineman
05-15-2016, 04:25 PM

and listen sonny, I'll sit at any table I chose in this forum and I will NEVER ask your permission to do so. Got it?

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:25 PM
I don't know... Did you read my link.. Sources are saying he was paid up to $1.5 million for a speech... wonder what was in them that was worth so much money..

From Who? that is what I want to know?

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:26 PM
I think the Right can hold their collective breath until Clinton releases anything that Trump doesn't also release.. We cannot have different standards... now can we..

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:27 PM
The Xl, maineman, and anyone else: Participate in this thread civilly like mature adults or find the door. If you choose neither option, I'll make the choice for you.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:27 PM
and listen sonny, I'll sit at any table I chose in this forum and I will NEVER ask your permission to do so. Got it?

Well you can pretend to sit and any table that you want, but what Green is talking about requires the invitation of Respect, and that my friend is earned, not demanded.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:28 PM
From Who? that is what I want to know?

All of us what to know... I'm sure the Clinton camp has dug up dates and times of Trumps paid speeches... and will ask for those transcripts. She says she will..

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't give a shit about Hillary's speech content, I DO worry that Trump refuses to divulge what all other modern candidates for the highest office in the USA have done. Vince Foster, Benghazi, emails, bills sperm donations do not deter me from voting against the selfish, religion using, hypocritical republicans. GO HILLARY kick these pukes asses.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Did you actually type that sentence with a straight face? What is TRUMP running for... dogcatcher? Maybe he should show what kind of leadership HE will have as President.. and HE should release all his tax returns as well as his speeches..

I've already said he should release his tax returns and any paid speeches he's given. My position is consistent. What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not yours is.

It's bad optics and bad politics for Hillary to give her opponent in the general election a chance to show more leadership on an issue people care about, particularly when she's already struggling to get progressives to vote for her. Releasing the transcripts ASAP is not just about proving she's not a liar, it's also about helping her campaign.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:32 PM
and if you believe that they ARE important, who cares? What right do YOU have to ask a private citizen to hand over the transcripts of a speech she gave to a private audience? We never would have known about Romney's 47% remark if it hadn't been for someone surreptitiously taping it. We would never presume to ask for such transcripts.... but, by God... NOW we will.

What right do I have? The right of a citizen to make sure that the person chosen to lead my country and make very important decisions that impact my life and the lives of my family is the right person for the job.

If she can't handle that, she shouldn't be running for president.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:34 PM
I don't give a shit about Hillary's speech content

Well, I do, and so does a sizeable portion of voters. If the polls continue to tighten between Hillary and Trump, those are votes you might need to win.

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Because she's openly being bribed.You are a living example of why we need to make sure abortions are always available.

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Well you can pretend to sit and any table that you want, but what Green is talking about requires the invitation of Respect, and that my friend is earned, not demanded.Get some respect for your superiors there junior boy.

Green Arrow

Actually, you won't. This table happens to be mine and I reserve the right to remove you if you refuse to show some respect and civility. I am sick and fucking tired of grown ass adults on this forum acting like children and I refuse to put up with it any more.

Act like adults or find yourselves unable to post in my threads. Simple as that.

Quicksilver
I've already said he should release his tax returns and any paid speeches he's given. My position is consistent. What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not yours is.

It's bad optics and bad politics for Hillary to give her opponent in the general election a chance to show more leadership on an issue people care about, particularly when she's already struggling to get progressives to vote for her. Releasing the transcripts ASAP is not just about proving she's not a liar, it's also about helping her campaign.

From my link upthread

According to a 2015 Business Insider article, Trump commanded as much as $1.5 million per speech. The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment on the issue.

This isn't "bad optics"? and again.. aren't you a wee bit curious what was worth $1.5 mil?

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:39 PM
From my link upthread

This isn't "bad optics"? and again.. aren't you a wee bit curious what was worth $1.5 mil?

Again...Trump should release his speech transcripts too. My position is consistent.

At the same time, we already know Trump will be a corporate president because he's a billionaire businessman with corporate connections. He's already disqualified from receiving my vote. If Hillary is telling the truth about the content of her speeches, then she could potentially still earn my vote.

Her continued refusal to release her transcripts tells me she is probably lying.

Dr. Who
05-15-2016, 04:40 PM
AZ Jim has been thread banned at the request of the OP, please do not respond to this member's posts.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:40 PM
You are a living example of why we need to make sure abortions are always available.

You're a naive simpleton.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:41 PM
You're a naive simpleton.
The Xl, please, if nothing else stop the insults out of respect for me and my thread. I want this to be productive and civil.

The Xl
05-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Ban me arrow or whoever. I'm not in the mood to deal with these hacks. I don't want to disrespect your thread.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Again...Trump should release his speech transcripts too. My position is consistent.

At the same time, we already know Trump will be a corporate president because he's a billionaire businessman with corporate connections. He's already disqualified from receiving my vote. If Hillary is telling the truth about the content of her speeches, then she could potentially still earn my vote.

Her continued refusal to release her transcripts tells me she is probably lying.

Well... that's pretty much goes for Trump... what's he hiding in his Tax returns? What did he say in his speeches? Guess we will have to wait until he releases them.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Well... that's pretty much goes for Trump... what's he hiding in his Tax returns? What did he say in his speeches? Guess we will have to wait until he releases them.

And he should release both of them...I've just already come to believe that he's lying and is trying to hide the contents, and is fully unfit to be president. I am open to being convinced that the same does not go for Hillary.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:44 PM
All of us what to know... I'm sure the Clinton camp has dug up dates and times of Trumps paid speeches... and will ask for those transcripts. She says she will..

Yes I want to know who paid him too. But I can't find that list. If she has it I certainly am willing to look at it.

JDubya
05-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Opponent in the primary, you mean? That'll be easy, Sanders doesn't have any Wall Street speeches. Are you talking about Trump? I would support that, too.

Personally, I think if she wants to be president, she should show her leadership now and be the first one to release her speech transcripts.

Why not both? I mean, if they really are innocuous, I don't see what all the fuss is about or why it should be put off. Release them and then not worry about it any more.

I mean everyone else in the race, Green Arrow.

The only reason Sanders hasn't given any paid speeches is because as a lifelong member of the Senate, he's not allowed to.

But as for Hillary, why should she if Trump won't? We all know exactly what would happen the minute she released them. Every crackpot, goofball "reporter" on the planet would start picking them apart, analyzing every syllable of every word and looking for anything they could find to spin, twist and take out of context.

So, until her supporters get something from Trump to do the same thing with, though Lord knows he's given us all plenty to hit him with already, then she should continue to refuse.

To do otherwise would be stupid.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't give a $#@! about Hillary's speech content, I DO worry that Trump refuses to divulge what all other modern candidates for the highest office in the USA have done. Vince Foster, Benghazi, emails, bills sperm donations do not deter me from voting against the selfish, religion using, hypocritical republicans. GO HILLARY kick these pukes asses.

That is because you are a political hack.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Get some respect for your superiors there junior boy.

Sorry, Respect is earned not given, and your respect account is bankrupt.

Stop being a political hack and a liar and I will start making deposits into your account.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:49 PM
I mean everyone else in the race, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868).

The only reason Sanders hasn't given any paid speeches is because as a lifelong member of the Senate, he's not allowed to.

Really? The only reason? Do you have some evidence of his desire to give paid speeches to Wall Street if only the law didn't prevent it?

But as for Hillary, why should she if Trump won't?

Because, again, she's running to lead this country and should be leading on this issue.

We all know exactly what would happen the minute she released them. Every crackpot, goofball "reporter" on the planet would start picking them apart, analyzing every syllable of every word and looking for anything they could find to spin, twist and take out of context.

Yep, that's an ancient art called "politics." It's done by every political side to every one of their opponents. Hillary's campaign has done it to Trump and Bernie, so I don't see what grounds she has to complain about it.

So, until her supporters get something from Trump to do the same thing with, though Lord knows he's given us all plenty to hit him with already, then she should continue to refuse.

To do otherwise would be stupid.

Actually, it's stupid not to do it. She should opt for complete transparency. Release everything, her transcripts and every last document on the email saga. Leave nothing in the dark and then slam Donald Trump for keeping everything under wraps. Yes, it opens her up for criticism of anything she releases, but it opens up even more pressure on Donald Trump to release his documents and makes him look very bad for not doing it. It would also raise Clinton's approval ratings and make her appear far more trustworthy, an area she does not poll well in.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Sorry, Respect is earned not given, and your respect account is bankrupt.

Stop being a political hack and a liar and I will start making deposits into your account.
zelmo1234, please stop the insults. I'm trying to keep this civil and productive.

AeonPax
05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
`
`
Actually, this whole 2016 presidential election is a farce.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Because, again, she's running to lead this country and should be leading on this issue.

Green Arrow.......Why do you keep saying this? What is Trump running for?

hanger4
05-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Donald Trump made paid speeches to banks.. and I think that it is very important that we find out what was said in them. Trump has run on the premise that he is a very good business man.. and wants to be elected based on that... His speeches would be more important to see than Clinton's since he us using that as his basis of experience and qualification for being president. I think you can expect Clinton to call for those as well as his tax returns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/clinton-trump-paid-speeches-transcripts-article-1.2594745

"Donald Trump made paid speeches to banks."

How do we know this ?? I can't find a list of who he spoke to.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868).......Why do you keep saying this? What is Trump running for?

President.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 05:00 PM
"Donald Trump made paid speeches to banks."

How do we know this ?? I can't find a list of who he spoke to.

I don't know... but Apparently the Business Insider does... Ask them.. They seem like a reputable enough publication

Business Insiderhttp://www.bing.com/th?id=Ad2df3a3cbb0c91838b20f41374678243&w=110&h=110&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pcl=f9f9f9&cdv=1&pid=16.1 (http://www.businessinsider.com/)

Business Insider is an American business, celebrity and technology news website launched in February 2009 and based in New York City. Founded by DoubleClick former CEO Kevin P. Ryan, it is the overarching brand where Silicon Alley Insider and Clusterstock appear. The site provides and analyzes business news and acts as an aggregator of top news stories from around the web. In 2011, the online newsroom employed a staff of 50, and the site reported a profit for the first time ever in the 4th quarter of 2010. In June 2012 it had 5.4 million unique visitors.

hanger4
05-15-2016, 05:02 PM
"Clients" are not running for President, are they?

One is.

hanger4
05-15-2016, 05:07 PM
how else would you find them in a transcript, silly?

A video or audio recording, silly.

hanger4
05-15-2016, 05:11 PM
I'll be sure to mention it ay my next confession.Oh... and here is a little tidbit for ya: my lips don't move when I type. my mouth has no input here.What a Jr. High response.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Here's the article from the Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.co.id/donald-trump-makes-a-lot-of-money-for-a-speech-2015-8/#.Vzj3DDLmpMs

JVV
05-15-2016, 05:32 PM
She's gone to great lengths to keep those hidden. If what she's said about them is true, that she got paid by Wall Street to warn them about the '08 financial crisis, then why not release them and prove it once and for all?

She knows that if she holds off Sanders in the primary then her lack of principles won't mean a thing in the general. She'll beat Trump. Liberals will be held hostage because they have to vote for her over Trump.

Her supporters would be livid if someone not named Hillary used the excuse she used for not showing her transcripts during the primary, when Democrats had a chance to make an informed decision.

But even though she's only winning by the skin of her teeth, she's going to notch the win, and her supporters will for the next 4 to 8 years not care about having a principled leader.

The next time a Republican takes the White House, Clinton supporters will suddenly start caring again about principles and integrity and finding out everything they're "entitled" to know about the person in office ... or the person being considered for office.

But since it's Hillary, mum's the word.

Common
05-15-2016, 05:49 PM
She keeps her wall street speechs secret simply because she was sloppily smooching big bank ass and telling them how much she loves them

maineman
05-15-2016, 05:56 PM
I agree.

Now tell me why it isn't equally important to figure out what Hillary Clinton said in her paid speeches to banks and financial institutions.

you should make every effort to find out, if it is that important to you. See if one of the attendees maybe taped the speech and would be willing to let you have a copy of that tape... maybe some attendee took extensive notes and would share them with you. But, for crissakes, don't expect Hillary to hand over the transcripts of her work products produced when she was a private citizen and not breaking any laws.

It's like democrats going up to Donald and saying, "Hey... would you mind giving us all sorts of potentially incriminating data from your private life so we don't have to waste our time digging for it?"

Why anyone thinks they have a right to such information is beyond me. If it hadn't been done by countless prior presidential candidates and had become pro forma, I'd say the same thing about tax returns. College transcripts? WTF? Why is that ANY of ANYBODY ELSE'S fucking business?

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Seems to me that "Banks" have always pretty much been Republican leaning. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find someone who taped Clintons speeches with the intention of embarrassing her... That is if she said anything that would do so.. No one has come forward with tapes yet... have they?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by maineman I'll be sure to mention it ay my next confession.Oh... and here is a little tidbit for ya: my lips don't move when I type. my mouth has no input here.

What a Jr. High response.

That's actually about as good as it gets with him.

hanger4
05-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Here's the article from the Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.co.id/donald-trump-makes-a-lot-of-money-for-a-speech-2015-8/#.Vzj3DDLmpMs

And here is more of the story.

The flamboyant real estate magnate earned on average $250,000 per speech in the past year, according to his personal financial statement released on Wednesday by the Federal Electoral Commission.

That number is on a par with Clinton, who charged an average of $235,000 per address, according to her own FEC financial statement filed several weeks ago.

But the former first lady made many more speeches than Trump and raked in almost $12 million from 51 speeches in a year. The figure does not include speaking fees that went directly to her family’s Clinton Foundation charity.

"Trump's public speaking engagements earned him a total of $1.75 million and he charges anywhere between $50,000 to $450,000 per talk."

"The TV show host received $450,000 each for three speeches to a multilevel marketing company called ACN, according to his filing.

That pales in comparison to speeches he made at real estate seminars in 2006 and 2007 that netted $1.5 million each, which Forbes reported at the time was the highest speaking fee ever."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PW1ZP20150722

maineman
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
following me around nipping at my heels just like a little puppy.

how droll.

get some hobby other than following me around Tahuyaman.... that's kind of creepy.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
you should make every effort to find out, if it is that important to you. See if one of the attendees maybe taped the speech and would be willing to let you have a copy of that tape... maybe some attendee took extensive notes and would share them with you. But, for crissakes, don't expect Hillary to hand over the transcripts of her work products produced when she was a private citizen and not breaking any laws.

It's like democrats going up to Donald and saying, "Hey... would you mind giving us all sorts of potentially incriminating data from your private life so we don't have to waste our time digging for it?"

Why anyone thinks they have a right to such information is beyond me. If it hadn't been done by countless prior presidential candidates and had become pro forma, I'd say the same thing about tax returns. College transcripts? WTF? Why is that ANY of ANYBODY ELSE'S $#@!ing business?

Seems to me that "Banks" have always pretty much been Republican leaning. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find someone who taped Clintons speeches with the intention of embarrassing her... That is if she said anything that would do so.. No one has come forward with tapes yet... have they?

The Hillary supporters have redefined the term "circling the wagons". They've raised it to an art form.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM
following me around nipping at my heels just like a little puppy.

how droll.

I have tried to get you to stop mimicking my comments. What's it going to take?

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Guess we will just have to wait and see who releases what.....

maineman
05-15-2016, 06:10 PM
I have tried to get usually to stop mimicking my comments. What's it going to take?

what does that sentence mean, Einstein?

and something that I said in post #59 mimicked you in some way? Why did you feel inclined to quote that otherwise?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Guess we will just have to wait and see who releases what.....

Hillary is not going to release those transcripts. It would expose her as the hypocrite she is There's no precedent which says that she should anyway. And besides, her supporters don't care.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:14 PM
what does that sentence mean, Einstein?

and something that I said in post #59 mimicked you in some way? Why did you feel inclined to quote that otherwise?

Go go back and re-read it.

I've told you sevreral times that I would give some great one liners in private and allow you to take credit. You don't need to steal the ones I have used against you in the past.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 06:19 PM

Wall Street is pro liberal. That includes most of the big banks.

The Chamber of Commerce (national and local) is the big GoP leaning business group.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Wall Street is pro liberal. That includes most of the big banks.

The Chamber of Commerce (national and local) is the big GoP leaning business group.

this should not need to be explained.

maineman
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Go go back and re-read it.

I've told you sevreral times that I would give some great one liners in private and allow you to take credit. You don't need to steal the ones I have used against you in the past.

nice quick edit. I guess I was quicker at catching your stupid grammatical error than you were. Clearly, you can't expect anyone to believe that "usually" is a typographical mistake that you accidentally typed while hunting for the Y-O-U keys.

:rofl:

again... quit following me around like a puppy.... it's creepy.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
this should not need to be explained.

Many Americans don't know basic stuff.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:25 PM
nice quick edit. I guess I was quicker at catching your stupid grammatical error than you were. Clearly, you can't expect anyone to believe that "usually" is a typographical mistake that you accidentally typed while hunting for the Y-O-U keys.

again... quit following me around like a puppy.... it's creepy.

you just can't help yourself.

I have large hands. Typing on an iPad is not easy.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:25 PM
Many Americans don't know basic stuff.

Obviously.

del
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM

you actually believe this shit, don't you?

del
05-15-2016, 07:15 PM

um, because they had nothing to do with public policy?

try harder-you're embarrassing the other apologists

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 07:24 PM
@zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588), please stop the insults. I'm trying to keep this civil and productive.

I understand but Can't let Junior Boy Go that is an insult to honor. Much like slapping someone across the face with a glove.

But as you took care of the problem, we should have no further issues.

JVV
05-15-2016, 07:33 PM
The Hillary supporters have redefined the term "circling the wagons". They've raised it to an art form.

But the next Republican who acts anything like her will be outrageous and a horrible obstructionist and unworthy for a position of trust.

birddog
05-15-2016, 07:43 PM

you actually believe this $#@!, don't you?

Quicksilver is not too "quick." :laugh:

Subdermal
05-15-2016, 07:45 PM
you just can't help yourself.

I have large hands. Typing on an iPad is not easy.

You gotta get a Bluetooth keyboard. I have a Logitech, but it was pretty fragile, so I upgraded it to a JETtech integrated hard case & keyboard.

It's a bit hinky, though: it likes to skip/stutter once in a while, and I don't know why. They're sending me another one - but at least you can type with conventional keys.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 07:54 PM
But the next Republican who acts anything like her will be outrageous and a horrible obstructionist and unworthy for a position of trust.

Worse than that. If that candidate is a conservative, they will say he or she is Satan personified.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:01 PM

before he announced his candidacy, did anyone care about what he had to say? Did he have anything thought provoking or worth while to say to the financial class?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:03 PM

Because it's not true, that's why.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Quicksilver is not too "quick." :laugh:

Threatened by smart women huh?? That's ok... don't feel bad... it happens a lot with your kind.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Worse than that. If that candidate is a conservative, they will say he or she is Satan personified.

There goes that persecution complex again. Have you spoken to your therapist?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:33 PM
There goes that persecution complex again. Have you spoken to your therapist?

I'm not running for anything. I'm too smart for that.

Ransom
05-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Threatened by smart women huh?? That's ok... don't feel bad... it happens a lot with your kind.

You tell em Victim Mentality, tell birddog all about how you know all about men who 'get off the reservation.'

Gender card failure, Stick.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 09:08 PM

Smart woman? Based on what I've seen, she's not all that smart. Deceiving, dishonest, selfish and power mad? Those all traits she identifies with quite well.

Green Arrow
05-15-2016, 09:16 PM

Why anyone thinks they have a right to such information is beyond me. If it hadn't been done by countless prior presidential candidates and had become pro forma, I'd say the same thing about tax returns. College transcripts? WTF? Why is that ANY of ANYBODY ELSE'S fucking business?

College transcripts? You seem to have issues staying on topic.

And anyway, why do you have a right to see a candidate's tax records if I don't have a right to see transcripts of paid speeches to special interests?

maineman
05-15-2016, 09:18 PM
College transcripts? You seem to have issues staying on topic.

And anyway, why do you have a right to see a candidate's tax records if I don't have a right to see transcripts of paid speeches to special interests?

learn to read for content, young man.

You seemed to have missed a sentence:

If it hadn't been done by countless prior presidential candidates and had become pro forma, I'd say the same thing about tax returns.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 09:22 PM

There is a Smart Women Running? Who?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 09:39 PM
There is a Smart Women Running? Who?

She suspended her campaign a while back..... Moving on.....

Personally, I don't care if Hillary makes the transcripts of her speeches public. I know she says one thing in front of one audience and the opposite in front of another. Even her supporters could admit that if you caught them in a rare moment of honesty. I don't need even more evidence to expose the obvious.

She has a long history of contradicting herself, lying and changing positions several times. Partisan Democrats will always find a way to paint that as a positive for her. The ends always justifies the means. Always. To them, her goals are always honorable, so whatever deceitful things she needs to do to accomplish them, fine.

Liberals all know what she really means when she says things.

maineman
05-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Liberals all know what she really means when she says things.

I think she means what the words SAY she means. Apparently, when you wear your particular brand of tin foil hat, you can determine hidden meanings behind the words other speak, yet the rest of us remain unaware of that particular "interpretation".

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 09:46 PM
How can anyone tell what Hillary means, she has been on both sides of nearly every issue.

And the ones that she has not been on both sides of? She has openly lied about.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 09:47 PM
I think she means what the words SAY she means...

She says one thing in front of one audience then takes the opposite position in front of a different audience. I guess you can pick and choose which Hillary you believe. She doesn't speak in code. She just tells people what they want to hear, no matter who they are.

How does recognizing that relate to the conspiracy theorist "tin foil hat" crowd?

maineman
05-15-2016, 09:48 PM
She says one thing in front of one audience then takes the opposite position in front of a different audience. I guess you can pick and choose which Hillary you believe.

give me two recent examples of where she did that. Give me quotes where she says one thing in front of one audience and then, takes an opposite position in front of another audience.

zelmo1234
05-15-2016, 09:51 PM
give me two recent examples of where she did that. Give me quotes where she says one thing in front of one audience and then, takes an opposite position in front of another audience.

Coal Miners in W VA.

Paying for College Education

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 09:52 PM

Really? How many times must people show you these things?

maineman
05-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Really? How many times must people show you these things?

you never have. can you? Can you show me two quotes that are diametrically opposed as you claim?

yes or no?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Anyone who can actually sit here and say that Hillary Clinton has not consistently changed her positions on various issues is unable to be reasoned with.

maineman
05-15-2016, 09:58 PM
Anyone who can actually sit here and say that Hillary Clinton has not consistently changed her positions on various issues is unable to be reasoned with.

you made a claim. can you back it up or can't you?

simple question. You said she said one thing to one audience and then something exactly the opposite to another audience. Yet, you balk at showing me quotes which would prove your point. I win.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:03 PM
She supported TPP, she opposes TPP. She was for charter schools, she opposes charter schools. She was opposed to gay marriage, she supports gay marriage. She said Assad was a reformer, she said Assad is a tyrant.

I cant think of one issue she's been consistent on.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:08 PM
She was for Keystone XL, she opposed Keystone XL.. She supported the coal industry, she opposes the coal industry. She opposed blanket gun laws, she supports Obama's blanket gun laws. She supported the Columbian free trade act, she opposes the Columbian free trade act. She was opposed to ethanol subsidies, she supports ethanol subsidies.

She was for the war, she opposes the war. She was for creating a coalition with Russia in Syria, she opposes building a coalition with Russia in Syria.

I can go on forever.

maineman
05-15-2016, 10:12 PM
She supported TPP, she opposes TPP. She was for charter schools, she opposes charter schools. She was opposed to gay marriage, she supports gay marriage. She said Assad was a reformer, she said Assad is a tyrant.

I cant think of one issue she's been consistent on.

NO quotes, eh? I didn't think so.

and evolving political positions are things we ALL go through. Can you show me where she said one thing to one audience in this campaign and an entirely opposite thing to another audience in this campaign? Pulling a quote from years ago where she said one thing about gay marriage for example, and now feels differently is not what you were suggesting. You were suggesting she spoke one way one night to one audience and changed her tune in front of another audience. Now, if you have examples of that, please show them. Thank you.

maineman
05-15-2016, 10:13 PM
and still no quotes.

:yawn:

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:15 PM
^^^^ unmitigated and blind partisan hack.

maineman
05-15-2016, 10:17 PM
and still no quotes.

are you gonna get some quotes here soon?

I'm getting bored waiting for your quotes.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Wow.
maineman is getting ready to claim that Hillary Clinton has been steadfast on the issues. Or, maybe he's going to claim that she has evolved.

She was for virtually everything she opposes and opposed virtually everything she was for.

It would take less time to show where she's been consistent. I don't know if that can be done though.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:24 PM
I had to laugh watching her try to explain away her ever changing views on Meet The Press.

Even she admits it, she just tries to justify it. Maineman denies what Hillary Clinton can admit.

maineman
05-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Wow.
maineman is getting ready to claim that Hillary Clinton has been steadfast on the issues. Or, maybe he's going to claim that she has evolved.

She was for virtually everything she opposes and opposed virtually everything she was for.

It would take less time to show where she's been consistent. I don't know if that can be done though.

I never said she hadn't changed her positions over time. What I am saying is that, in this campaign, she does not say one thing to one audience and then change that position diametrically in front of another audience, which is what I think you implied. It is certainly what I inferred.

As I said, EVERYBODY changes their political philosophy over time. I, for example used to be pro-death penalty. Then, my son and I had a long talk about it and he convinced me to change my view. I did, but I have, admittedly backslid and now, my primary objection to the death penalty is that it is inherently unfair and America HAS executed innocent people. So... if you were to have written down my arguments spoken at a cocktail party in 1975 about the death penalty they would be different from remarks on that topic from 1995, and still different than today. That Hillary has done the same thing is perfectly acceptable to me. The fact that you HAVEN'T ever changed your political views is... well, it's sad, but not really all that unexpected.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Oh..... I forgot about her ever changing views on immigration.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:37 PM
I never said she hadn't changed her positions over time. What I am saying is that, in this campaign, she does not say one thing to one audience and then change that position diametrically in front of another audience, which is what I think you implied. It is certainly what I inferred.

As I said, EVERYBODY changes their political philosophy over time. I, for example used to be pro-death penalty. Then, my son and I had a long talk about it and he convinced me to change my view. I did, but I have, admittedly backslid and now, my primary objection to the death penalty is that it is inherently unfair and America HAS executed innocent people. So... if you were to have written down my arguments spoken at a $#@!tail party in 1975 about the death penalty they would be different from remarks on that topic from 1995, and still different than today. That Hillary has done the same thing is perfectly acceptable to me. The fact that you HAVEN'T ever changed your political views is... well, it's sad, but not really all that unexpected.

Yep, he's claiming that her positions have evolved.

maineman
05-15-2016, 10:42 PM
still no quotes where she took one position in front of one audience and another opposing position in front of another audience?

yes or no?

I really don't want to get into a tar baby kind of talk with you tonight. Either you can back up your original statement of you can't. I asked nicely for some supporting quotes and it's getting tiresome to keep asking for them over and over and over again. SO... either give me the quotes or I'll just assume you can't.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 10:44 PM
She has changed her position on nearly every issue in the campaign. Did the views of her supporters evolve right along with hers?

JDubya
05-15-2016, 10:49 PM
Really? The only reason? Do you have some evidence of his desire to give paid speeches to Wall Street if only the law didn't prevent it?

It's called common sense. If Bernie was no longer on the lifelong govt dole, you know damned well he'd be out making speeches for whatever fees he could command. Granted, they wouldn't come close to what Hillary gets, but it would be more than most average people make. And really, how else would he make a living? He's never done anything and has no experience at anything. Getting paid to stand up and speak into a microphone is all he's qualified for.

Which is just another reason why he'd be such a lousy President. How can someone who's never had a real job relate to the average working stiff?

No, she should be running a shrewd, smart campaign and not handing the other side ammunition just to make her detractors happy.

Yep, that's an ancient art called "politics." It's done by every political side to every one of their opponents. Hillary's campaign has done it to Trump and Bernie, so I don't see what grounds she has to complain about it.

Who said she's complaining about anything? You asked why she didn't just go ahead and release the speech transcripts and I told you why I think she doesn't. You're the only one who's complaining.

Actually, it's stupid not to do it. She should opt for complete transparency. Release everything, her transcripts and every last document on the email saga. Leave nothing in the dark and then slam Donald Trump for keeping everything under wraps. Yes, it opens her up for criticism of anything she releases, but it opens up even more pressure on Donald Trump to release his documents and makes him look very bad for not doing it. It would also raise Clinton's approval ratings and make her appear far more trustworthy, an area she does not poll well in.

She has plenty to slam Trump about already. Why use up all her ammo six months out? She has months to slam Trump for not releasing his taxes and to challenge him to match her in releasing their speech transcripts. If she releases them now, she'd lose any bargaining leverage she'd have otherwise

Believe me, Hillary Clinton has forgotten more about political campaigning than you and most others will ever know if you live to be 300. I think I'll trust the judgement of her, Bill and her campaign manager and staff over yours.

Not even a contest Green Arrow.

Cletus
05-16-2016, 01:18 AM
I am suggesting that no presidential candidate has ever been asked to provide transcripts of speeches they have given while a private citizen. My previous post was a bit sarcastic but just highlights the crazy idiocy this leads to. Where does it end? Tax returns... college transcripts... speech transcripts... what's next?

A candidate for public office has no right to privacy. Every aspect of his or her life should be available for examination by the voters.

If Trump is in fact being audited by the IRS, he should not be required to release them until the IRS completes the audit and closes the investigation.

Quicksilver
05-16-2016, 05:32 AM
She has changed her position on nearly every issue in the campaign. Did the views of her supporters evolve right along with hers?

Excuse me? Have you listened to THE DONALD? He has changed his views on just about everything... Sometimes even in the same sentence! Go back and listen to the his interviews when he was a Democrat... One thing though about Clinton.. at least she didn't party hop..

Quicksilver
05-16-2016, 05:43 AM
A candidate for public office has no right to privacy. Every aspect of his or her life should be available for examination by the voters.

If Trump is in fact being audited by the IRS, he should not be required to release them until the IRS completes the audit and closes the investigation.

The IRS itself has issued a letter stating that an audit is NO reason for not releasing a tax return. It's TRUMPS property and he can do with it what he wishes... He just doesn't "wish" to release it.... for whatever reason... we can only speculate.

Safety
05-16-2016, 05:44 AM

You are talking to the same group that was just chiding Obama for not releasing his transcripts, gave kudos to trump for sending a team to Hawaii and found breaking news 5 years ago that still isn't released, refused to accept his birth certificate that he finally released, etc. etc.

So, do you think having a rational conversation is beneficial? Its a waste of time.

hanger4
05-16-2016, 05:50 AM
The IRS itself has issued a letter stating that an audit is NO reason for not releasing a tax return. It's TRUMPS property and he can do with it what he wishes... He just doesn't "wish" to release it.... for whatever reason... we can only speculate.

Tax lawyers recommend not releasing them during an audit.

Quicksilver
05-16-2016, 05:53 AM
Tax lawyers recommend not releasing them during an audit.

You mean his campaign handlers...

hanger4
05-16-2016, 06:08 AM
You mean his campaign handlers...
Those tax lawyers listed work for Trump ?? Do tell ??

maineman
05-16-2016, 06:14 AM

it's interesting how "WE" all seemed to get along for decades with just tax returns, isn't it? And then, when "WE" decided that tax returns weren't enough... when "WE" wanted to see things like college transcripts, and birth certificates, and copies of speeches made while private citizens, "WE" were always republicans. And the candidates "WE" wanted all that extra information on were democrats. It seems to ME that all that is happening is that republicans are too fucking lazy or too fucking stupid to do their own opposition research.

If YOU want to dig up dirt on OUR candidate, fucking doing it yourself. We'll be able to find all sorts of fun stuff on the Donald without him having to "release" a thing.

del
05-16-2016, 08:31 AM
just another reason not to vote for the slimy, twofaced, lying yenta, because whatever they offer, she'll take it and do what's she's told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzR4RdSNC8

Ransom
05-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Quite telling in that the more we ask to learn about who Hillary really is the more hysterical her buckets carriers become.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Excuse me? Have you listened to THE DONALD? He has changed his views on just about everything... Sometimes even in the same sentence! Go back and listen to the his interviews when he was a Democrat... One thing though about Clinton.. at least she didn't party hop..

I'm not supporting him either.

your defense of Hillary is that she's not as bad as Trump? That's a ringing endorsement

birddog
05-16-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm not supporting him either.

your defense of Hillary is that she's not as bad as Trump? That's a ringing endorsement

Remember, if you don't vote for Trump, it's like a vote for Hillary! Rationalize all you want, but it's a fact.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 10:30 AM
It doesn't matter who I vote for. The Democrat is going to win the electoral votes from my home state.

Im going to vote Libettarian.

Safety
05-16-2016, 10:41 AM
^^^^ unmitigated and blind partisan hack.

Tahuyaman has been voted off the island by the OP

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 10:42 AM
It's called common sense. If Bernie was no longer on the lifelong govt dole, you know damned well he'd be out making speeches for whatever fees he could command. Granted, they wouldn't come close to what Hillary gets, but it would be more than most average people make. And really, how else would he make a living? He's never done anything and has no experience at anything. Getting paid to stand up and speak into a microphone is all he's qualified for.

Which is just another reason why he'd be such a lousy President. How can someone who's never had a real job relate to the average working stiff?

You are misinformed. Bernie did multiple odd jobs growing up, spending most of his time as a carpenter.

Clinton has forgotten more about political campaigning than you and most others will ever know if you live to be 300. I think I'll trust the judgement of her, Bill and her campaign manager and staff over yours.

Not even a contest @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868).

That oh so wonderful campaigner lost to an unknown black Senator from Illinois in her last presidential campaign and in the current campaign can't seem to stop her opponent from winning states by landslide margins despite already sewing up the nomination. That doesn't even get into her numerous gaffes on the trail, like her stupid line about putting coal miners out of work.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 10:58 AM
it's interesting how "WE" all seemed to get along for decades with just tax returns, isn't it? And then, when "WE" decided that tax returns weren't enough... when "WE" wanted to see things like college transcripts, and birth certificates, and copies of speeches made while private citizens, "WE" were always republicans. And the candidates "WE" wanted all that extra information on were democrats. It seems to ME that all that is happening is that republicans are too fucking lazy or too fucking stupid to do their own opposition research.

If YOU want to dig up dirt on OUR candidate, fucking doing it yourself. We'll be able to find all sorts of fun stuff on the Donald without him having to "release" a thing.

:rollseyes:

I know it helps you guys sleep at night to believe you all are persecuted and everything is a sinister Republican conspiracy, but the call for Hillary to release her transcripts was started by the left, not Republicans, and they barely even talk about it.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Remember, if you don't vote for Trump, it's like a vote for Hillary! Rationalize all you want, but it's a fact.

No, it's not.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2016, 11:09 AM

Do you believe the Internal Revenue Service is Trump's friend?

You are such a tool.

The Sage of Main Street
05-16-2016, 11:19 AM
There is a Smart Women Running? Who? At her snooty Seven Sisters snob school, Shrillary majored in the junk subject Political Science. That's for students who don't have an IQ high enough to solve problems or think for themselves; they can only parrot the propaganda their professors preach.

JDubya
05-16-2016, 11:22 AM
You are misinformed. Bernie did multiple odd jobs growing up, spending most of his time as a carpenter.

Odd jobs.... :biglaugh:

And from what I understand, his carpentry skills were so bad he couldn't make a living off of it...

“The electricity was turned off a lot,” Barnett said. “I remember him running an extension cord down to the basement. He couldn’t pay his bills.”

He worked some as a carpenter, although “he was a shitty carpenter,” Bloch told me. “His carpentry,” Morrisseau said, “was not going to support him, and didn’t.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/bernie-sanders-vermont-119927_Page2.html#.VznwNGgpBpU

That oh so wonderful campaigner lost to an unknown black Senator from Illinois in her last presidential campaign and in the current campaign can't seem to stop her opponent from winning states by landslide margins despite already sewing up the nomination. That doesn't even get into her numerous gaffes on the trail, like her stupid line about putting coal miners out of work.

Just because she lost to a guy anyone else would've lost to, is no reflection on her campaign abilities. Just like the fact that so many young, gullible stupid people with very limited experience in life are following a phony pied piper named Bernie Sanders now is no reflection on her campaign abilities. There are external factors beyond anyone's control that can push an opponent over the top, no matter how good of a campaigner one is.

And West Virginia??? Who cares about winning West Virginia??? I'm sure she won't be too disappointed to write that low electoral value, hillbilly hellhole off to Bernie.

You're just all tap dancing and deflection on this issue.

birddog
05-16-2016, 12:16 PM
It doesn't matter who I vote for. The Democrat is going to win the electoral votes from my home state.

Im going to vote Libettarian.

Good point.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Odd jobs.... :biglaugh:

And from what I understand, his carpentry skills were so bad he couldn't make a living off of it...

Just because she lost to a guy anyone else would've lost to, is no reflection on her campaign abilities. Just like the fact that so many young, gullible stupid people with very limited experience in life are following a phony pied piper named Bernie Sanders now is no reflection on her campaign abilities. There are external factors beyond anyone's control that can push an opponent over the top, no matter how good of a campaigner one is.

And West Virginia??? Who cares about winning West Virginia??? I'm sure she won't be too disappointed to write that low electoral value, hillbilly hellhole off to Bernie.

You're just all tap dancing and deflection on this issue.

Deflection on what? You're the one that constantly deflects onto personal bullshit rather than substantive critiques on the issues.

Cletus
05-16-2016, 01:10 PM

What the IRS says is of no importance. They will say whatever they think will work in their favor. What matters is what Trump's attorneys say. If they say don't release the information until the audit is complete and any litigation is resolved, he shouldn't release it.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 01:48 PM
What the IRS says is of no importance. They will say whatever they think will work in their favor. What matters is what Trump's attorneys say. If they say don't release the information until the audit is complete and any litigation is resolved, he shouldn't release it.

Then he should wait to run for president until the audit is complete.

domer76
05-16-2016, 02:05 PM
At her snooty Seven Sisters snob school, Shrillary majored in the junk subject Political Science. That's for students who don't have an IQ high enough to solve problems or think for themselves; they can only parrot the propaganda their professors preach.

Right. Only low IQs attend and graduate Wellesley College and Yale Law. What was your major at Dumbfuck Jr. College?

maineman
05-16-2016, 02:10 PM
:rollseyes:

I know it helps you guys sleep at night to believe you all are persecuted and everything is a sinister Republican conspiracy, but the call for Hillary to release her transcripts was started by the left, not Republicans, and they barely even talk about it.

I would like a link that confirms the timing of that.

maineman
05-16-2016, 02:12 PM

how convenient.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 02:18 PM
I would like a link that confirms the timing of that.

I can find no evidence of Republicans asking for the transcripts before Bernie Sanders, which is consistent with their general lack of giving a shit about Wall Street.

maineman
05-16-2016, 02:38 PM
I can find no evidence of Republicans asking for the transcripts before Bernie Sanders, which is consistent with their general lack of giving a shit about Wall Street.

that's enough to make your assertion.

I can't find my car keys. they must not exist!

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 03:30 PM
that's enough to make your assertion.

I can't find my car keys. they must not exist!

Isn't that the argument you guys make about Hillary's email server being compromised?

For your information, yes, that's generally how it works. If you're going to say Republicans demanded the release of Hillary's Wall Street speech transcripts first you're going to need to find some evidence of it. I can't find any, but I can find plenty showing Sanders and the left demanding it. I follow the scientific method.

maineman
05-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Isn't that the argument you guys make about Hillary's email server being compromised?

For your information, yes, that's generally how it works. If you're going to say Republicans demanded the release of Hillary's Wall Street speech transcripts first you're going to need to find some evidence of it. I can't find any, but I can find plenty showing Sanders and the left demanding it. I follow the scientific method.If you'll recall, I was not the one who made any assertion about who called for transcripts first. You were. Doesn't the scientific method require rigorous testing of the hypothesis?

My hypothesis: the object known as "my keys" does not exist.

My rigorous testing of my hypothesis: I looked in the places I usually put them and they're not there, which proves my hypothesis. There is no such object. My keys do not now exist!

(Me and my bestie Green Arrow got this scientific method stuff down pat, I tell ya!)

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
If you'll recall, I was not the one who made any assertion about who called for transcripts first. You were. Doesn't the scientific method require rigorous testing of the hypothesis?

My hypothesis: the object known as "my keys" does not exist.

My rigorous testing of my hypothesis: I looked in the places I usually put them and they're not there, which proves my hypothesis. There is no such object. My keys do not now exist!

(Me and my bestie Green Arrow got this scientific method stuff down pat, I tell ya!)

My rigorous testing has not yielded any result showing Republicans called for the transcripts first.

Regardless, this deflection is irrelevant. It's not some conspiracy by Republicans. The left is skeptical of Clinton's loyalties, particularly in today's age of increased power by the wealthy over our government. We need assurances that she will fight for us rather than for them.

maineman
05-16-2016, 05:02 PM
My rigorous testing has not yielded any result showing Republicans called for the transcripts first.

Regardless, this deflection is irrelevant. It's not some conspiracy by Republicans. The left is skeptical of Clinton's loyalties, particularly in today's age of increased power by the wealthy over our government. We need assurances that she will fight for us rather than for them.

and my rigorous testing still has yet to turn up my keys. Both of our hypotheses stand up to scientific methodology.

And again.... people's private lives are their private lives. I am OK with asking candidates for their tax returns, because every candidate should know going in that every other candidate for the past 30 years or so has provided his so that should not come as an unexpected intrusion. Anything else: birth certificates, college transcripts, transcripts of private sector work product, are all out of bounds as far as I am concerned. If there are folks who want to do opposition research on a candidate, I with them happy hunting. Just don't expect the moose to walk out of the forest, stand in the middle of the field with a giant bullseye painted on his chest and scream at you to shoot him.

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 05:08 PM
and my rigorous testing still has yet to turn up my keys. Both of our hypotheses stand up to scientific methodology.

And again.... people's private lives are their private lives.

Until they run for president.

I am OK with asking candidates for their tax returns, because every candidate should know going in that every other candidate for the past 30 years or so has provided his so that should not come as an unexpected intrusion. Anything else: birth certificates, college transcripts, transcripts of private sector work product, are all out of bounds as far as I am concerned. If there are folks who want to do opposition research on a candidate, I with them happy hunting. Just don't expect the moose to walk out of the forest, stand in the middle of the field with a giant bullseye painted on his chest and scream at you to shoot him.

Cool, that's your opinion. I have mine and many others agree with me. This is the first step to reforming the system, getting big money out of politics, and giving the average American worker just as much influence in government as the CEO.

del
05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
only pathetic hacks defend hillary's refusal to release the transcripts.

and, yes, pathetic hack, it was the left that started it, not the republicans.

JDubya
05-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Right. Only low IQs attend and graduate Wellesley College and Yale Law. What was your major at Dumbfuck Jr. College?

Bowling.

JDubya
05-16-2016, 07:00 PM
only pathetic hacks defend hillary's refusal to release the transcripts.

and, yes, pathetic hack, it was the left that started it, not the republicans.

Only pathetic hacks get all snitty and throw endless little emo temper tantrums just because they found out the hard way, that the rumpled, shuffling old geezer they were gullible enough to believe had a chance in hell of becoming President, doesn't.

del
05-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Only pathetic hacks get all snitty and throw endless little emo temper tantrums just because they found out the hard way, that the rumpled, shuffling old geezer they were gullible enough to believe had a chance in hell of becoming President, doesn't.

try harder

The Xl
05-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Why would financiers pay someone like Hillary Clinton that kind of money? What kind of profound stuff could she have told them on the up and up? Someone, offer a rationale explanation if you want to be taken seriously.

del
05-16-2016, 07:13 PM
if they're supporting hillary, rational thought has no place in their lives.

The Xl
05-16-2016, 07:14 PM
if they're supporting hillary, rational thought has no place in their lives.

It's increasingly appearing that way.

Dr. Who
05-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Del has been thread banned at the request of the OP, please do not respond to this member's posts.

Dr. Who
05-16-2016, 07:32 PM
JDubya has been thread banned at the request of the OP, please do not respond to this member's posts.

maineman
05-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Why would financiers pay someone like Hillary Clinton that kind of money? What kind of profound stuff could she have told them on the up and up? Someone, offer a rationale explanation if you want to be taken seriously.

How congress actually works. How to maximize the effectiveness of lobbying efforts. Bankers are smart guys, but, unless you've actually been behind the closed doors where the sausage is actually made, you are clueless as to the process that is undergone. She could explain the process. AND she could explain, because she had been right there in the midst of it for eight years, how the white house actually works as well.

maineman
05-16-2016, 09:35 PM
And Xl slinks away. wtf?

The Xl
05-16-2016, 09:39 PM
How congress actually works. How to maximize the effectiveness of lobbying efforts. Bankers are smart guys, but, unless you've actually been behind the closed doors where the sausage is actually made, you are clueless as to the process that is undergone. She could explain the process. AND she could explain, because she had been right there in the midst of it for eight years, how the white house actually works as well.

And you offered no substantial explanation. Shocking.

The Xl
05-16-2016, 09:39 PM
And Xl slinks away. wtf?
I have a life and responsibilities. Sorry.

maineman
05-16-2016, 09:45 PM
You asked a serious question, I gave you a serious answer.

maineman
05-16-2016, 09:50 PM
And you offered no substantial explanation. Shocking.you wanted to know what she could tell a bunch of bankers. I told you. I happen to have a nephew who is a senior VP at JP Morgan. He knows the world about bond trading, but not very much at all about the way congress works or about the way that Albany works. Pay one experienced speaker to talk to 200 senior executives at that firm and bootstrap them all in two hours? The lecture pays for itself in a month.

Mark III
05-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Without reading through the dreariness of a 220 post thread, let me try and shed some light on this subject for you all.

First of all, 200,000 dollars per speech was Hillary Clinton's standard fee. It doesn't mean she was bought off, it means that was her going rate from the beginning of her speechifying career. She charged many other ( non- Wall St.) groups that same amount.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/07/12/hillary-clinton-speeches-20000-bill-clinton/2511459/

As for Goldman -Sachs and other banking firms, it seems very likely that she doesn't want her speeches made public, not because she made any "deals" with the bankers, but because for 200,000 dollars she would refrain from criticizing them for crashing the world economy in 2008, and if the progressives got concrete proof of that they might not be as enthusiastic for voting for her, either now or in November.

Ordinarily these masters of the universe might have groaned at the idea of a politician taking the microphone... But Clinton offered a message that the collected plutocrats found reassuring, according to accounts offered by several attendees, declaring that the banker-bashing so popular within both political parties was unproductive and indeed foolish... Certainly, Clinton offered the money men — and yes, they are mostly men — at Goldman’s HQ a bit of a morale boost... [Clinton’s remarks] did register as a repudiation of some of the angry anti-Wall Street rhetoric emanating from liberals rallying behind the likes of Senss. Elizabeth Warren...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/clintonss-200000-an-hour_b_9069720.html

Now can we put an end to all this drivelish hand wringing?

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Without reading through the dreariness of a 220 post thread, let me try and shed some light on this subject for you all.

First of all, 200,000 dollars per speech was Hillary Clinton's standard fee. It doesn't mean she was bought off, it means that was her going rate from the beginning of her speechifying career. She charged many other ( non- Wall St.) groups that same amount.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/07/12/hillary-clinton-speeches-20000-bill-clinton/2511459/

That's interesting, really interesting, because when she was called on the high fee, she claimed that she was offered that much, not that it was her going rate.

As for Goldman -Sachs and other banking firms, it seems very likely that she doesn't want her speeches made public, not because she made any "deals" with the bankers, but because for 200,000 dollars she would refrain from criticizing them for crashing the world economy in 2008, and if the progressives got concrete proof of that they might not be as enthusiastic for voting for her, either now or in November.

Right, which means she once again lied, because she claimed the speeches were warnings about the '08 financial crisis.

Now can we put an end to all this drivelish hand wringing?

Certainly.

As soon as she releases the speech transcripts.

The Xl
05-16-2016, 11:09 PM
You asked a serious question, I gave you a serious answer.

It was an embarrassing answer. It wasn't much of an answer at all.

The Xl
05-16-2016, 11:09 PM
you wanted to know what she could tell a bunch of bankers. I told you. I happen to have a nephew who is a senior VP at JP Morgan. He knows the world about bond trading, but not very much at all about the way congress works or about the way that Albany works. Pay one experienced speaker to talk to 200 senior executives at that firm and bootstrap them all in two hours? The lecture pays for itself in a month.
What could Hillary Clinton specifically teach any of them?

maineman
05-16-2016, 11:17 PM
What could Hillary Clinton specifically teach any of them?

Asked and answered.

maineman
05-16-2016, 11:19 PM
It was an embarrassing answer. It wasn't much of an answer at all.

... says a fella that I'll bet money has been neither a banker nor a politician in his life.

Mark III
05-16-2016, 11:21 PM
That's interesting, really interesting, because when she was called on the high fee, she claimed that she was offered that much, not that it was her going rate.

Right, which means she once again lied, because she claimed the speeches were warnings about the '08 financial crisis.

Certainly.

As soon as she releases the speech transcripts.

I think you are kind of confused. But whatever, this topic is boring. Clinto cashed on her fame and her cache as a DC insider and ex first lady and ex sec of state. Other people get as much for speeches as she did but not many.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2010/04/10-highest-paid-public-speakers-in-the-world/

You may be surprised to learn what some of the big names earn for a few hours of work as you work your way through this list. You might even be compelled to change your own college major (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/online-university-accreditation) to public speaking (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/communications).

Donald Trump, $1-1.5 million: In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump) shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos (http://pixelheadonline.com/blog/2007/04/24/donald-trump-at-the-learning-annex-real-estate-and-wealth-expo), paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference. Trump only had to speak for an hour at each one, but audience members say he gave them their money’s worth by staying to answer audience questions. This was after Trump had already raked in one million per speech speaking at the same seminars in 2005. The company felt Trump was well worth the money, however, as few others have the celebrity and business savvy (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/project-management/) he does.
Ronald Reagan, $1 million: Back in 1989, the Fujisankei Communications Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujisankei_Communications_Group) in Japan paid this former president a cool million per speech to come to the country and tour. Reagan gave two speeches while there as well as speaking at media outlets and giving interviews. Still, Reagan didn’t make out too shabby with $2 million (in 1989 dollars) under his belt for sharing his business (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/applied-management) and presidential experience with the company desperately in need of public relations help. The Reagans created a national sensation (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1989-10-25/news/8902060160_1_reagans-fujisankei-communications-group-yokohama-arena) in Japan, boosting the company’s profile.
Tony Blair, $616,000: On a lecture by lecture basis, Blair is likely the world’s best paid speaker. In 2009, he made almost $616,000 for two half-hour speeches (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6037174.ece) given in the Philippines, raking in over $10,000 a minute. Listeners didn’t get to hear what he had to say for free, however, and many tickets to the event topped $500. Even in a time of economic crisis when many have slashed their fees, Blair’s have remained buoyant, due perhaps to his lengthy stint as Prime Minister and the insight and analysis he can offer as a result of it.
Bill Clinton, $150,000- $450,000: It isn’t unusual for this former president to net $150,000 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2007/clinton-speeches/list) and up for a speech. Clinton has spoken at a wide range of events around the world from environmental conferences (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/greenpage/environment/bill-clinton-keynote-speaker-at-environmental-conference-in-windsor-ont-90990459.html) to business meetings, often promoting causes (http://www.harrywalker.com/speaker/Bill-Clinton.cfm?Spea_ID=460) like HIV/AIDS treatment, economic empowerment and leadership development (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/leadership/). The same charisma and likeability that won him two elections likely contribute to organizations’ willingness to shell out the big bucks to have him speak. Clinton has scaled back his speaking schedule, however, to support his wife as Secretary of State.
Rudy Guilani, $270,000: While millions of New Yorkers got to hear Guiliani speak for free during his time as mayor, his speaking fees aren’t cheap now that he’s retired. Since his time in office, he’s earned nearly $10 million (http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/18/trump-reagan-blair-biz-media-cx_lh_0318speeches_slide_10.html) in speaking fees, with his most expensive gig netting him $217,000. This speech was given at Sage Capital (http://www.sagecapitalllc.com), a St. Louis-based private equity firm (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/finance/), and chances are his presidential candidacy may have helped out the bottom line on his fees as well.
Alan Greenspan, $250,000: Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan has been able to bring in the bucks since retiring through giving speeches. Only a week after his retirement, Greenspan spoke at a Lehman Brothers dinner, earning himself $250,000. Worth noting is that his successor to the position, Ben Bernacke, won’t even make that (http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/18/trump-reagan-blair-biz-media-cx_lh_0318speeches_slide_11.html) in his first year on the job, earning just $191,000.

Alan Greenspan got 250,000 for a speech to Lehman Bros. after he had retired from the Fed.

What did he promise them for the 250 ? now that he was out of office and powerless.

maineman
05-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Yahtzee!!

Green Arrow
05-16-2016, 11:56 PM
I think you are kind of confused. But whatever, this topic is boring. Clinto cashed on her fame and her cache as a DC insider and ex first lady and ex sec of state. Other people get as much for speeches as she did but not many.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2010/04/10-highest-paid-public-speakers-in-the-world/

You may be surprised to learn what some of the big names earn for a few hours of work as you work your way through this list. You might even be compelled to change your own college major (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/online-university-accreditation) to public speaking (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/communications).
Donald Trump, $1-1.5 million: In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump) shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos (http://pixelheadonline.com/blog/2007/04/24/donald-trump-at-the-learning-annex-real-estate-and-wealth-expo), paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference. Trump only had to speak for an hour at each one, but audience members say he gave them their money’s worth by staying to answer audience questions. This was after Trump had already raked in one million per speech speaking at the same seminars in 2005. The company felt Trump was well worth the money, however, as few others have the celebrity and business savvy (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/project-management/) he does.
Ronald Reagan, $1 million: Back in 1989, the Fujisankei Communications Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujisankei_Communications_Group) in Japan paid this former president a cool million per speech to come to the country and tour. Reagan gave two speeches while there as well as speaking at media outlets and giving interviews. Still, Reagan didn’t make out too shabby with $2 million (in 1989 dollars) under his belt for sharing his business (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/applied-management) and presidential experience with the company desperately in need of public relations help. The Reagans created a national sensation (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1989-10-25/news/8902060160_1_reagans-fujisankei-communications-group-yokohama-arena) in Japan, boosting the company’s profile.
Tony Blair, $616,000: On a lecture by lecture basis, Blair is likely the world’s best paid speaker. In 2009, he made almost $616,000 for two half-hour speeches (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6037174.ece) given in the Philippines, raking in over $10,000 a minute. Listeners didn’t get to hear what he had to say for free, however, and many tickets to the event topped $500. Even in a time of economic crisis when many have slashed their fees, Blair’s have remained buoyant, due perhaps to his lengthy stint as Prime Minister and the insight and analysis he can offer as a result of it.
Bill Clinton, $150,000- $450,000: It isn’t unusual for this former president to net $150,000 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2007/clinton-speeches/list) and up for a speech. Clinton has spoken at a wide range of events around the world from environmental conferences (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/greenpage/environment/bill-clinton-keynote-speaker-at-environmental-conference-in-windsor-ont-90990459.html) to business meetings, often promoting causes (http://www.harrywalker.com/speaker/Bill-Clinton.cfm?Spea_ID=460) like HIV/AIDS treatment, economic empowerment and leadership development (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/leadership/). The same charisma and likeability that won him two elections likely contribute to organizations’ willingness to shell out the big bucks to have him speak. Clinton has scaled back his speaking schedule, however, to support his wife as Secretary of State.
Rudy Guilani, $270,000: While millions of New Yorkers got to hear Guiliani speak for free during his time as mayor, his speaking fees aren’t cheap now that he’s retired. Since his time in office, he’s earned nearly $10 million (http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/18/trump-reagan-blair-biz-media-cx_lh_0318speeches_slide_10.html) in speaking fees, with his most expensive gig netting him $217,000. This speech was given at Sage Capital (http://www.sagecapitalllc.com), a St. Louis-based private equity firm (http://www.onlineuniversities.com/finance/), and chances are his presidential candidacy may have helped out the bottom line on his fees as well.
Alan Greenspan, $250,000: Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan has been able to bring in the bucks since retiring through giving speeches. Only a week after his retirement, Greenspan spoke at a Lehman Brothers dinner, earning himself $250,000. Worth noting is that his successor to the position, Ben Bernacke, won’t even make that (http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/18/trump-reagan-blair-biz-media-cx_lh_0318speeches_slide_11.html) in his first year on the job, earning just $191,000.

Alan Greenspan got 250,000 for a speech to Lehman Bros. after he had retired from the Fed.

What did he promise them for the 250 ? now that he was out of office and powerless.

Hillary and Trump are the only ones running for president and both of them already have a shitty record of handling big money.

The Sage of Main Street
05-17-2016, 08:38 AM
you wanted to know what she could tell a bunch of bankers. I told you. I happen to have a nephew who is a senior VP at JP Morgan. He knows the world about bond trading, but not very much at all about the way congress works or about the way that Albany works. Pay one experienced speaker to talk to 200 senior executives at that firm and bootstrap them all in two hours? The lecture pays for itself in a month.
You're putting experience above talent. I'd want someone with the experience, but more important, the ingenuity to figure out all the angles that could be played even if they haven't been played before.

maineman
05-17-2016, 09:37 AM
You're putting experience above talent. I'd want someone with the experience, but more important, the ingenuity to figure out all the angles that could be played even if they haven't been played before.

and obviously, Wall Street bankers believe that Hillary has both. She is unique in American politics, and that, itself, commands a nice payday. She is a past senator so she understands how sausage is made. She was part of the inner circle in the oval office for eight years, so she knows how the white house works, and she has been secretary of state and has developed overseas contacts and a solid reputation among foreign decision makers. She has much valuable information to share with Wall Street movers and shakers.

Ransom
05-17-2016, 10:20 AM
She is unique in American politics....being cozy with Wall Street?

She was "inner circle" White House so knows "how the White House works".....

.......But cannot make a ticket work on a subway. Hasn't driven a car in decades...?

She panders to minorities and Wall Street, Maine, she's far from unique........and her White House was nearly brought down by a 21 year old intern......who she lost her husband to, does Hillary have a blue dress?

No.

maineman
05-17-2016, 10:55 AM
She is unique in American politics....being cozy with Wall Street?

She was "inner circle" White House so knows "how the White House works".....

.......But cannot make a ticket work on a subway. Hasn't driven a car in decades...?

She panders to minorities and Wall Street, Maine, she's far from unique........and her White House was nearly brought down by a 21 year old intern......who she lost her husband to, does Hillary have a blue dress?

No.
Wass Street wasn't paying her for advice on mass transit utilization, or driving lessons, or marital counseling.

Ransom
05-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Wass Street wasn't paying her for advice on mass transit utilization, or driving lessons, or marital counseling.

She's being paid to give you lip service, Maine, while she's telling the banks all will be well, business as usual for the banking industry.

She doesn't drive...... doesn't ride subways...... and was cheated on numerous times, at least her ankle biter assistant Huma threw her Weiner out the door, she gets that respect at least. Your candidate was a throw rug...... walked all over on by her husband....... but spouts on about her strength as a woman.

She was lied to and cheated on and ewe sheep think that's presidential.

And I think that says much about her sheep.

maineman
05-18-2016, 07:51 AM
:yawn: same old same old. I wonder if Ransom has a macro that just spews that same stuff when he hits CTRL-BS. It would save him so much keyboarding effort.

Ransom
05-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Takes no effort Maine, it's entertaining. You're boxed in. In defense of a weak candidate who is struggling to shed a 74 year old committed socialist. She panders to minorities, thus receives those votes. In closed primaries such as last night's Kentucky, Democrats voting on economic issues went 2-1 for the Bern. Crazy Bernie promising to take this all the way to convention and let's face it, that can't be good if you're a Hillary ass munch.

And you are.

maineman
05-18-2016, 09:06 AM
Takes no effort Maine, it's entertaining. You're boxed in. In defense of a weak candidate who is struggling to shed a 74 year old committed socialist. She panders to minorities, thus receives those votes. In closed primaries such as last night's Kentucky, Democrats voting on economic issues went 2-1 for the Bern. Crazy Bernie promising to take this all the way to convention and let's face it, that can't be good if you're a Hillary ass munch.

And you are.

actually... I really am fairly detached from this primary season. If I had been at the Maine caucus, I probably would have voted for Hillary, but I am not uber excited about her over Bernie. I just plan on voting for the democratic candidate in November. I think that Hillary might be able to get more stuff done in her administration, but who knows? Against Trump, Bernie could have longer coattails, get back the senate, and at least put some good judges on the bench, if nothing else.

Ransom
05-18-2016, 09:40 AM
actually... I really am fairly detached from this primary season. If I had been at the Maine caucus, I probably would have voted for Hillary, but I am not uber excited about her over Bernie. I just plan on voting for the democratic candidate in November. I think that Hillary might be able to get more stuff done in her administration, but who knows? Against Trump, Bernie could have longer coattails, get back the senate, and at least put some good judges on the bench, if nothing else.

Maine, I've been noticing. You would have voted for Jim Webb but like Bernie, he was shoved off the train. You were never excited about Hillary, few in your Party are excited about her and reason she's struggling with the New York socialist......and I think more deathly afraid of Trump than they're willing to admit. Thus why I believe you're boxed in, Maine. You Hillary defenders are going to have to carry buckets for this candidate. And the entire time you're forced to do so.......we're gonna launch political artillery at you. Of large caliber, Maine.

We're gonna beat your political brains out.

maineman
05-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Maine, I've been noticing. You would have voted for Jim Webb but like Bernie, he was shoved off the train. You were never excited about Hillary, few in your Party are excited about her and reason she's struggling with the New York socialist......and I think more deathly afraid of Trump than they're willing to admit. Thus why I believe you're boxed in, Maine. You Hillary defenders are going to have to carry buckets for this candidate. And the entire time you're forced to do so.......we're gonna launch political artillery at you. Of large caliber, Maine.

We're gonna beat your political brains out.

make up your fucking mind. Am I a Hillary ass munch or not? I will vote for the democratic nominee. I had hoped it would be Jim Webb. That didn't happen. I am just waiting to see who wins the nomination, and then I'll send money to THEIR PAC and the DNC.

and your political prognostications are as worthless as a bucket of warm spit.

The Sage of Main Street
05-18-2016, 11:43 AM
She's being paid to give you lip service, Maine, while she's telling the banks all will be well, business as usual for the banking industry.

She doesn't drive...... doesn't ride subways...... and was cheated on numerous times, at least her ankle biter assistant Huma threw her Weiner out the door, she gets that respect at least. Your candidate was a throw rug...... walked all over on by her husband....... but spouts on about her strength as a woman.

She was lied to and cheated on and ewe sheep think that's presidential.

And I think that says much about her sheep. Hillarians want you to be nice. You're not playing nice.

Ransom
05-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Hillarians want you to be nice. You're not playing nice.

I just don't get the game she's trying to play. What about her showed strength during that entire affair? She blamed it on a right wing conspiracy. She went right along with his denials and the story of Bill coming to her in the evening explaining there would be a terrible story hitting the newspapers in the morning. She was exactly what you call an enabler. Tolerated the behavior to keep her own star shining, I got more respect for Huma. She tossed Anthony and his skivvy pics out the door. She didn't play his account got hacked, I'm working for the American People so can't really be held responsible. She took what I would think would command respect as a woman. I'm strong, I'm confident, I'm resilient, if Anthony wants to cheat, wants something else.....see ya. You want to cheat on me and then lie about it.........you best tighten up your photo portfolio, you'e moving out.

Instead....Hillary lies right with him. Blames it on others. Acts the victim. In other words.....is weak. This game she plays acting strong doesn't jive with reality.

Adelaide
05-18-2016, 02:11 PM

And you are.

Thread banned at the request of OP.

The Xl
05-18-2016, 02:14 PM
... says a fella that I'll bet money has been neither a banker nor a politician in his life.

No, but I have common sense and the ability to think rationally and logically.

The Xl
05-18-2016, 02:16 PM
and obviously, Wall Street bankers believe that Hillary has both. She is unique in American politics, and that, itself, commands a nice payday. She is a past senator so she understands how sausage is made. She was part of the inner circle in the oval office for eight years, so she knows how the white house works, and she has been secretary of state and has developed overseas contacts and a solid reputation among foreign decision makers. She has much valuable information to share with Wall Street movers and shakers.

Wall street bankers know she's easily bought. That's why they're bribing her.

maineman
05-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Wall street bankers know she's easily bought. That's why they're bribing her.

in your opinion, which is worth zilch. And hell, if she can be bought, which I don't think she can, her price tag would suggest it sure as hell wouldn't be "easy". If she were giving her speeches for a free lunch and cab fare back home... now THAT would be easy.

maineman
05-18-2016, 02:20 PM

if you've never watched sausage being made, you'd have no idea how great it would be to have someone explain it to you.

birddog
05-18-2016, 02:42 PM

I feel the same about myself, but don't expect maineman to have those traits. :grin:

Green Arrow
05-18-2016, 05:32 PM
If the Democrats and the Clinton campaign are serious about unity, Hillary will release the transcripts.

Simple as that.

PolWatch
05-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Thread Ban issued to birddog at the request of OP, Green Arrow. Do not respond to Tbed members.