PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh.....Now the evangilists are comin to get Donald

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 05:19 PM
While Donald Trump continues to lead in GOP presidential polls, one evangelical leader wonders if the businessman's marital history might eventually affect his run for the White House.
Dr. Richard Land, president of Southern Evangelical Seminary (http://ses.edu/) in North Carolina, says it's perhaps the sign of the times that Trump is on his third marriage and it doesn't seem to be a big issue. Land says divorce doesn't necessarily disqualify someone from the White House.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/media/4006677/richard_land.jpg"If you're divorced and say what Ronald Reagan did: I didn't want the divorce - my wife left me; or if you're divorced and you say what John McCain did, which was: I regret my divorce, it was the worst mistake of my life and it was my fault ... you know, I'm willing to cut a little bit of slack for those kinds of those answers, but more than one ex-wife is one too many."
The seminary president says he agrees with Harry Truman, who said he would never knowingly hire a man to work for him who cheated on his wife. "[Truman said] If a man will lie to his wife, he will lie to me – and if he'll break his oath of marriage, he'll break his oath of office," he quotes.
And while Land admits he doesn't know the details of Trump's marital history, he says being divorced multiple times isn't the kind of track record he's looking for in a president. "Each evangelical is going to have to make up their own mind about that," he counsels.

Subdermal
05-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Zero focks given.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Tell them you are for making abortion illegal and they will follow you as loyally as the blacks follow the democrats.

Problem solved.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 05:42 PM
I was wondering when it would dawn on Evangelical groups that Trump has hardly led an exemplary life in the sex and marriage department. The fact that he may be considering Newt Gingrich as a running mate should make them set their hair on fire.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 05:45 PM
I was wondering when it would dawn on Evangelical groups that Trump has hardly led an exemplary life in the sex and marriage department. The fact that he may be considering Newt Gingrich as a running mate should make them set their hair on fire.

I was wondering when it would dawn on Blacks that Democrats hardly think of them except to get their vote. It seems many are seeing the light now that Trump is the presumed nominee for the GOP. A couple of threads were started on that.

:shocked:

FindersKeepers
05-15-2016, 05:52 PM

They don't care one whit about divorcing and remarrying. Evangelicals are among those with the highest rate of divorce, themselves.

What they will care about is a woman who not only stands by her man through many, many affairs, but does her best to shut up his mistresses.

...now listening to Loretta Lynn's, "Stand by Your Man..." :laugh:

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 05:55 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vp-shortlist-cruz-palin-152539923.html

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 05:56 PM
They don't care one whit about divorcing and remarrying. Evangelicals are among those with the highest rate of divorce, themselves.

What they will care about is a woman who not only stands by her man through many, many affairs, but does her best to shut up his mistresses.

...now listening to Loretta Lynn's, "Stand by Your Man..." :laugh:

I thought that is what the Evangelicals expected women to do... Honor their vows... be submissive... Stand by their man...

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 05:58 PM

liberals will condemn Gingrich in the same breath they praise Bill Clinton. Odd isn't it?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:00 PM
I thought that is what the Evangelicals expected women to do... Honor their vows... be submissive... Stand by their man...

The only expectations I have lately is that liberals make a lot of idiotic comments.

Mister D

It's what you do. lol

Quicksilver
liberals will condemn Gingrich in the same breath they praise Bill Clinton. Odd isn't it?

And conservatives will condem Bill Clinton and sing the praises of Trump and Gingrich.. At least Bill stayed with one wife..

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:01 PM
And conservatives will condem Bill Clinton and sing the praises of Trump and Gingrich.. At least Bill stayed with one wife..

Trump isn't getting a massive amount of support from conservatives. Try again.

Quicksilver
05-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Trump isn't getting a massive amount of support from conservatives. Try again.

So who's supporting him?? Oh... teabaggers... I forgot

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 06:03 PM
The fact is: god's gonna get ya Donny.

Mister D
05-15-2016, 06:03 PM

Why not? He got to bang whoever he wanted and his wife to attack them if they talked too much. lol

FindersKeepers
05-15-2016, 06:06 PM

The literalists don't care about divorce for adultery -- it's permitted -- but remarrying isn't in that case.

I think you might be confusing evangelicals with Pentecostals or Muslims, both who promote submissiveness in their women.

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Why not? He got to bang whoever he wanted and his wife to attack them if they talked too much. lol Wow! How do you spell ignorance?

FindersKeepers
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Wow! How do you spell ignorance?

Uh...um..."AZ Jim?"

FindersKeepers
05-15-2016, 06:10 PM

The term, "teabagger" is sexually derogatory.

Certainly you must have used it mistakenly.

That term just couldn't have come out of the mouth of the fair lass that had a conniption over "sugartits."

Could it? What would your mother think of that mouth?

Chris
05-15-2016, 06:13 PM

You mean that he's liberal?

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:16 PM

tea party types aren't supporting him. Malcontents on both sides are with him.

the reason he's going to lose is because there won't be enough conservatives willing to support him.

Don
05-15-2016, 06:18 PM

I don't think the word "odd" describes their behavior.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:18 PM
You mean that he's liberal?

Actually, he is.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM

I high 5 Bill for Monica. But perjury is criminal. Dude, you can't do that.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
I don't think the word "odd" describes their behavior.

I was trying to be polite, ok........

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 06:23 PM
I high 5 Bill for Monica. But perjury is criminal. Dude, you can't do that.

I think it would have been more high 5 worthy had she been a bit older and better looking.

hanger4
05-15-2016, 06:32 PM

Apparently you were wrong. The Bible gives two clear grounds for divorce: (1) sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32; 19:9) and (2) abandonment by an unbeliever (1 Corinthians 7:15).

AZ Jim
05-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Apparently you were wrong. The Bible gives two clear grounds for divorce: (1) sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32; 19:9) and (2) abandonment by an unbeliever (1 Corinthians 7:15).Fuck the bible, it was written by a little band of control freaks.

birddog
05-15-2016, 07:53 PM
tea party types aren't supporting him. Malcontents on both sides are with him.

the reason he's going to lose is because there won't be enough conservatives willing to support him.

You are wrong. I'm a Tea Party conservative who supports Trump, and I know many, many others who also support him. He isn't perfect, but the alternative is disgusting.

Tahuyaman
05-15-2016, 08:10 PM
You are wrong. I'm a Tea Party conservative who supports Trump, and I know many, many others who also support him. He isn't perfect, but the alternative is disgusting.

Ok, there are a few tea party types and or conservatives supporting him, but not nearly enough to get him elected. Most, if not all of them would support anyone running as a Republican.

There were a few tea party people and or conservatives supporting Romney and McCain too. The alternative then was disgusting as well. The GOP turned it's back on conservatives then and look what happened.

Imagine that? History is repeating itself. The more the GOP rejects conservatives, the more presidential elections they will piss away. Even the elections thought to be UN-losable. Like the last two and this one.

decedent
05-15-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm sure Christian voters are fine with Trump's pro-abortion stance, strip clubs and multiple marriages. That must have been them cheering when he bragged about his penis size.

Peter1469
05-15-2016, 08:55 PM
lol

hanger4
05-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Fuck the bible, it was written by a little band of control freaks.

Take it up with Quicksilver, she brought it up, incorrectly I might add and she was corrected.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 01:15 PM
The fact is: god's gonna get ya Donny.

Wow! How do you spell ignorance?

$#@! the bible, it was written by a little band of control freaks.

You even foul up a thread you create.