PDA

View Full Version : Wait! What? Trump Only Makes $500k a Year? Or is He' Lying ... Again?

Cigar
05-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Some clever sleuthing by Crain's New York Business reveals that Mr Trump, as members of the entourage call him, qualified for a tax break that requires your income be less than $500,000 a year. Yes, if you make more than half a million dollars a year, you can't qualify. But Trump did qualify.

So here's the story. New York state has something called the Star program, the New York State School Tax Relief Program. For a married homeowner to qualify your income needs to be less than $500,000 a year. The benefit itself is pretty measly for a real high roller - just a $302 break on Trump's penthouse apartment in Trump Tower.

How did Crain's find this out if Trump hasn't released his taxes?

Check out the Crain's piece to get the full details. But the gist is that it shows up on property tax records with New York City. (If it were most publications I'd figure they didn't understand something about the tax code. But this is one of New York's premier business and real estate news publications. I doubt it's a dumb error on their part.)

TPM Article ... (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/wait-what--8)

Subdermal
05-16-2016, 10:38 AM
If he's smart - and he is - his wealth is on paper, and his 'wage' is under 500k.

But you probably don't know about that sort of stuff, and - apparently - neither is the breathless author in the silly link.

Cigar
05-16-2016, 10:41 AM
If he's smart - and he is - his wealth is on paper, and his 'wage' is under 500k.

But you probably don't know about that sort of stuff, and - apparently - neither is the breathless author in the silly link.

I can Clearly See, why you would admire John Miller's Brilliance :laugh:

Subdermal
05-16-2016, 10:54 AM
I can Clearly See, why you would admire John Miller's Brilliance :laugh:

What does John Miller have to do with what I said?

FindersKeepers
05-16-2016, 10:56 AM
This is in the running for the funniest (and perhaps lamest) attempt-to-date to try and force Trump to release his tax returns.

What can we expect next?

How far will the fearful stoop?

Stay tuned for the next installment of "Mommy, I'm Scared of the Man With the Comb-over.":laugh:

Cigar
05-16-2016, 10:56 AM

You See .. You're Brilliant :laugh:

FindersKeepers
05-16-2016, 10:57 AM

Nothing.

Most of Cigar's posts make as much sense as seven cats jumping on a keyboard.

Cigar
05-16-2016, 10:57 AM
This is in the running for the funniest (and perhaps lamest) attempt-to-date to try and force Trump to release his tax returns.

What can we expect next?

How far will the fearful stoop?

Stay tuned for the next installment of "Mommy, I'm Scared of the Man With the Comb-over.":laugh:

Yea ... let's get back to more important things ... like Bathrooms :laugh:

FindersKeepers
05-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Yea ... let's get back to more important things ... like Bathrooms :laugh:

What's the deal with your bathroom?

Stop up the commode again?

MisterVeritis
05-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Some clever sleuthing by Crain's New York Business reveals that Mr Trump, as members of the entourage call him, qualified for a tax break that requires your income be less than $500,000 a year. Yes, if you make more than half a million dollars a year, you can't qualify. But Trump did qualify. So here's the story. New York state has something called the Star program, the New York State School Tax Relief Program. For a married homeowner to qualify your income needs to be less than $500,000 a year. The benefit itself is pretty measly for a real high roller - just a $302 break on Trump's penthouse apartment in Trump Tower. How did Crain's find this out if Trump hasn't released his taxes? Check out the Crain's piece to get the full details. But the gist is that it shows up on property tax records with New York City. (If it were most publications I'd figure they didn't understand something about the tax code. But this is one of New York's premier business and real estate news publications. I doubt it's a dumb error on their part.) TPM Article ... (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/wait-what--8)
Liberals do not get an education? How sad.

Do you understand the difference between income and worth? When one combines the value of my home, other property, my investments, and my retirements I am a millionaire. And yet my retirement income is between $50-75K per year.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Wait! What? Trump Only Makes $500k a Year? Or is He' Lying ... Again?
I can believe that. A lot of wealthy business owners pay themselves a modest salary. I think Bill Gates does the same thing.

Subdermal
05-16-2016, 11:15 AM
You See .. You're Brilliant :laugh:

That's not a compliment. To a dodo, everyone looks brilliant.

Cigar
05-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Ain't it a hoot how The Right can Rationalize, to themselves, anything Trump/Miller says or does.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus on Donald Trump's Controversies: 'People Just Don't Care'

Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus defended Donald Trump on several morning shows Sunday, saying that campaign traditions don't apply to the presumptive GOP nominee.

Trump came under fire last week for refusing calls to release his tax returns, despite having indicated he was open to releasing the returns earlier in the campaign season. Voters, Trump told ABC's George Stephanopoulos Friday morning, are not entitled to review his returns before heading to the polls, and the tax rate he pays is "none of your business." Elsewhere, Trump insisted that not only was there nothing to learn from his taxes, but that the public wasn't interested.

Some, including former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, disagreed. Romney called Trump's refusal to release his returns "disqualifying." Trump would be the first major party candidate since 1976 to not release even one year of tax returns.

"I believe that the American people look at someone like Donald Trump and say, OK, here's a guy on the outside. Here's a guy that's never run for office," Priebus told ABC's Jonathan Karl Sunday. "And I just have to tell you, after a year of dealing with this primary, one on one —and you know it's been a lot —I don't think the traditional playbook applies, Jon. We've been down this road for a year. And it doesn't apply. He's rewritten the playbook."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-donald-trump-s-controversies-people-just-n574351

AZ Jim
05-16-2016, 11:49 AM

But you probably don't know about that sort of stuff, and - apparently - neither is the breathless author in the silly link.You didn't read the entire article obviously. It's ok, we'll help you with the "big words".

MisterVeritis
05-16-2016, 11:55 AM
You didn't read the entire article obviously. It's ok, we'll help you with the "big words".

I read the whole thing. Which big words do you believe I need help with?

hanger4
05-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Ain't it a hoot how The Right can Rationalize, to themselves, anything Trump/Miller says or does.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus on Donald Trump's Controversies: 'People Just Don't Care'

Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus defended Donald Trump on several morning shows Sunday, saying that campaign traditions don't apply to the presumptive GOP nominee.

Trump came under fire last week for refusing calls to release his tax returns, despite having indicated he was open to releasing the returns earlier in the campaign season. Voters, Trump told ABC's George Stephanopoulos Friday morning, are not entitled to review his returns before heading to the polls, and the tax rate he pays is "none of your business." Elsewhere, Trump insisted that not only was there nothing to learn from his taxes, but that the public wasn't interested.

Some, including former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, disagreed. Romney called Trump's refusal to release his returns "disqualifying." Trump would be the first major party candidate since 1976 to not release even one year of tax returns.

"I believe that the American people look at someone like Donald Trump and say, OK, here's a guy on the outside. Here's a guy that's never run for office," Priebus told ABC's Jonathan Karl Sunday. "And I just have to tell you, after a year of dealing with this primary, one on one —and you know it's been a lot —I don't think the traditional playbook applies, Jon. We've been down this road for a year. And it doesn't apply. He's rewritten the playbook."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-donald-trump-s-controversies-people-just-n574351

You're changing the subject

Cigar
05-16-2016, 12:24 PM
You're changing the subject

I'm adding to the subject, so if you don't like it, choose another Thread

hanger4
05-16-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm adding to the subject, so if you don't like it, choose another Thread
Don't ya just hate it when somebody points out your double standards Cigar. LOL

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 01:08 PM
What's the big deal here?

Subdermal
05-16-2016, 01:15 PM
You didn't read the entire article obviously. It's ok, we'll help you with the "big words".

What was it that I supposedly missed, octogenerian?

suds00
05-16-2016, 02:48 PM
the american people have a right to know all about the person we are going to consider for president[see trump's birther movement]

MisterVeritis
05-16-2016, 02:51 PM
the american people have a right to know all about the person we are going to consider for president[see trump's birther movement]

Good point. When do you think the state-controlled media will assign 20 reporters to dig into the Clinton Crime Family's doings?

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 05:07 PM
I understand it completely.

My income is 152K per year. The rest is capital Gains

That is called working the Tax code. I am guessing that Trump has an income of 499,999.99 per year.

which is cool!