PDA

View Full Version : tPF On the issues, AND THE ISSUES ONLY!!!! WARNING

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Something that would be nice is if we would actually have the Candidates and the Media talk about where the candidates are on the issues. And What they would do and how they would pay for it.

We are not likely to have that conversation in the 2016 election.

The big issues are according to a Gallup Poll

We know very little about what they are going to do. So this is a thread about what you think should be done on the issues.

Warning, common trolling? You won't get a second chance.

If you have issue with someone's Ideas you will need to have one of your own. and or be able to show where their Idea will or will not work. and your word is not enough.

Thanks for those that would like to have a serious conversation

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 05:51 PM
http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/cfp7uepiheacgz19kwm1sa.gif

Tahuyaman
05-16-2016, 07:22 PM
The economy is the biggest issue as usual. Whoever appears to have the best handle on correcting our faultering economy will win the election. Six of those categories mentioned are directly related to the economy.

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Gallup has the Economy and unemployment separate, but I think that we can lump them together.

I think that the candidate that brushes off all of the personal attacks and keeps talking about how they are going to get the economy going and create jobs will win the election.

I think that both parties will try and keep it in the mud, because neither candidate has very specific plans, but are great with the lip service.

donttread
05-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Something that would be nice is if we would actually have the Candidates and the Media talk about where the candidates are on the issues. And What they would do and how they would pay for it.

We know very little about what they are going to do. So this is a thread about what you think should be done on the issues.

If you have issue with someone's Ideas you will need to have one of your own. and or be able to show where their Idea will or will not work. and your word is not enough.

How will you pay for that should be an automatic follow up question to just about every answer they give

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 08:25 PM
How will you pay for that should be an automatic follow up question to just about every answer they give

And if they cut something, the follow up should be, are you planning on spending that on something else or will that go to reducing the deficit.

donttread
05-17-2016, 06:43 AM
And if they cut something, the follow up should be, are you planning on spending that on something else or will that go to reducing the deficit.

Excellent point, I like it

donttread
05-17-2016, 07:24 AM
The economy is the biggest issue as usual. Whoever appears to have the best handle on correcting our faultering economy will win the election. Six of those categories mentioned are directly related to the economy.

There lies cannot fix what driving manufacturing off shore has done . So it will fall to the person who we can pretend to believe the best

Tahuyaman
05-17-2016, 09:50 AM
There lies cannot fix what driving manufacturing off shore has done . So it will fall to the person who we can pretend to believe the best

Your comment does nothing to refute me when I say the economy is still the number one issue on the voters mind.

Cigar
05-17-2016, 09:52 AM

Don't tell me you don't believe it will be HUGE, and that you want details on HOW?

donttread
05-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Your comment does nothing to refute me when I say the economy is still the number one issue on the voters mind.

In other words no one has answers for the economy because they are bought and paid for to keep the status quo. The poor get welfare, the rich get tax loopholes and the middle class pays for it all

donttread
05-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Gallup has the Economy and unemployment separate, but I think that we can lump them together.

I think that the candidate that brushes off all of the personal attacks and keeps talking about how they are going to get the economy going and create jobs will win the election.

I think that both parties will try and keep it in the mud, because neither candidate has very specific plans, but are great with the lip service.

Talk is cheap, let them tell us about economies they ave helped.

Tahuyaman
05-17-2016, 03:29 PM

In other words no one has answers for the economy because they are bought and paid for to keep the status quo. The poor get welfare, the rich get tax loopholes and the middle class pays for it all

what creative means did you utilize to translate that from my comment?

no matter how much someone tries to dishonestly translate my comment, the economy is going to be the most important issue the voters are concerned with in the next election.

Tahuyaman
05-17-2016, 03:33 PM

Issues about taxation, unemployment, the federal deficit / national debt, the widening gap between the wealthy and poor and even the ACA are all economic issues.

Peter1469
05-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Trump is polling better on economic issues in democratic strongholds. That is huge.