PDA

View Full Version : Koch world realignment, less national politics

Peter1469
05-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Koch world realignment, less national politics (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435418/koch-brothers-campaign-activity-slows)

The Koch brothers have realized they get more from their money by influencing legislation as opposed to picking horses in elections.

And that money spent at the grass roots level in business development, think tanks and similar local efforts is the path to future success.

In conversations last year, “there was much more an emphasis on getting back to the policy aspect, as opposed to the electoral aspect,” says one Koch insider, who like others interviewed for this story spoke on condition of anonymity. It became obvious, the source says, that the Kochs wanted to “reboot and go back to pre-2010, the think-tank and social-change model of CKI [The Charles Koch Institute], when they were very policy-driven instead of engaging in electoral politics.”

By the time of the Wichita meeting, the writing was on the wall. It was hard to believe that barely a year earlier, in late January 2015, the Kochs had pledged their network would raise and spend $889 million during the 2016 cycle, a number that accounted for both educational and political spending. Yet much had changed for the Kochs in the year since that announcement, and sources say the pace of those changes has only accelerated since.

One week after the meeting in Wichita, Short announced he was leaving Freedom Partners for Marco Rubio’s presidential campaign. As colleagues gathered over beers that Friday for a sendoff inside Freedom Partners’s Arlington, Va., office, he surprised them with an emotional speech, according to two people present. He concluded by telling colleagues that, on the Rubio campaign, he looked forward to “being in the fight.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435418/koch-brothers-campaign-activity-slows

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 06:22 PM
One of the things that I think could happen in this election, regardless of the outcome is that Congress will Grow a pair and it will likely be Gridlock for the next 4 years.

As Congress takes back it's rightful power from the executive and Judicial branches of Government.

If SCOTUS wants to keep legislating the bench, cut their budget so they have bare minimum security and very, very small staffs.

Build Coalition's that can override VETO's and move the Presidency back to an executive position.

This would reduce the size and power of the federal government and start to return the country to policies of prosperity.

Mac-7
05-16-2016, 06:28 PM
One of the things that I think could happen in this election, regardless of the outcome is that Congress will Grow a pair and it will likely be Gridlock for the next 4 years.

As Congress takes back it's rightful power from the executive and Judicial branches of Government.

If SCOTUS wants to keep legislating the bench, cut their budget so they have bare minimum security and very, very small staffs.

Build Coalition's that can override VETO's and move the Presidency back to an executive position.

This would reduce the size and power of the federal government and start to return the country to policies of prosperity.

I like the idea of putting a leash on the unelected lawyers on the supreme court.

among other things term limit them to 12 years.

Mini Me
05-16-2016, 06:37 PM
The Koch Bros. looked at the field of the GOP "hatefull eight" and decided they were all losers!

Not a damn one of them they could get behind!

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 06:43 PM
After Walker dropped out. I was a lot less excited.

Can you think of anyone that you really wanted to vote for on either side.

The Dems had Webb, the GOP had Walker and they were the first ones out on each side.

Common
05-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Koch Bro= 2scumbags, they mean BUY legislation because citizens united allows them because they can.

Peter1469
05-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Koch Bro= 2scumbags, they mean BUY legislation because citizens united allows them because they can.

Citizens United was about elections not about lobbying.

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Well we have planed parenthood using tax dollars to fund Hillary. Some body has to off set that shit.

What do you think makes the Koch's scumbags? What did they do? Serious question, I don't know a lot about them.

Subdermal
05-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Well we have planed parenthood using tax dollars to fund Hillary. Some body has to off set that $#@!.

What do you think makes the Koch's scumbags? What did they do? Serious question, I don't know a lot about them.

They're extremely wealthy libertarians who heavily lean conservative. That's it.

zelmo1234
05-16-2016, 08:11 PM
They're extremely wealthy libertarians who heavily lean conservative. That's it.

I suspected as much, but an willing to listen. Common, and I have a lot of good conversations. Green, and Common are people that I don't always agree with, but I have the upmost respect for and they have earned that.

Common
05-17-2016, 04:47 AM
Citizens United was about elections not about lobbying.

buying elections same thing as this

Peter1469
05-17-2016, 04:58 AM
buying elections same thing as this

Lobbying is buying legislation from politicians after elections. :smiley:

A good politicians is a politician that once bought, stays bought.

The Sage of Main Street
05-17-2016, 12:40 PM

A good politicians is a politician that once bought, stays bought. Hired brownnoses have no self-respect. They have no self-respect because they have no talent to respect themselves for.

Peter1469
05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Hired brownnoses have no self-respect. They have no self-respect because they have no talent to respect themselves for.

Congress Critters? I agree for the most part.

The Sage of Main Street
05-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Congress Critters? I agree for the most part. Or private-sector white-collar bureaucrats.

Mac-7
05-18-2016, 08:45 AM

A good politicians is a politician that once bought, stays bought.

Lobbying is more than than as you should know.

ypu dont think congressmen are experts or even barely knowledgable about subjects they pass laws for do you?

if the public were prohibited from communicating with congress the laws would make even less sense than they do now.

Peter1469
05-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Lobbying is more than than as you should know.

ypu dont think congressmen are experts or even barely knowledgable about subjects they pass laws for do you?

if the public were prohibited from communicating with congress the laws would make even less sense than they do now.

OK Mac.