PDA

View Full Version : Letter to dad.

donttread
05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
My father, a wonderful hard working man, has been gone for about 27 years now. I was just wondering how I would explain today's world to him. I think my end of the conversation would go something like this.
Yes dad, people are honestly more concerned with being able to declare they themselves a sex that they biologically are not and use the corresponding bathroom than they are the fact that we are somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 trillion in debt despite the highest revenue stream in the world. No, no I am not making this shit up, it's real.
Remember when your republicans were at least somewhat for smaller government? Well about 15 years ago a dyed in the wool conservative Texas oil man got elected president and immediately set spending and debt records while federalizing education. Yes, really.
A woman in Florida was sentenced to 20 years because she fired a warning shot at her abusive lover instead of just killing him. I know , but you can't make this stuff up.
We have been at war ( not what you WW 2 vets would consider war),but a sort of "controlled war for 13 years and even arm enemies against one another with guns that sometimes kill our soldiers. A corporation has patented many of our crop seeds and another wants to own water rights.
Remember that manliest of men, Bruce Jenner... naw you won't believe me anyway. We have something called "micro aggressions now which means if you were playing a pick up game of basketball you cannot compliment a black players ability to jump as that has been declared racist by the PC crowd.
And oh yeah, a whistle blower warned us that the NSA is spying on Americans without due process . And instead of ending the program in shame they are trying to hunt down the whistle blower.
There's lot more but I think that's enough for now.

Cigar
05-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Don't send him an Email ...

donttread
05-18-2016, 04:28 PM
don't send him an email ...

wtf

jimmyz
05-18-2016, 05:40 PM
My father, a wonderful hard working man, has been gone for about 27 years now. I was just wondering how I would explain today's world to him. I think my end of the conversation would go something like this.
Yes dad, people are honestly more concerned with being able to declare they themselves a sex that they biologically are not and use the corresponding bathroom than they are the fact that we are somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 trillion in debt despite the highest revenue stream in the world. No, no I am not making this shit up, it's real.
Remember when your republicans were at least somewhat for smaller government? Well about 15 years ago a dyed in the wool conservative Texas oil man got elected president and immediately set spending and debt records while federalizing education. Yes, really.
A woman in Florida was sentenced to 20 years because she fired a warning shot at her abusive lover instead of just killing him. I know , but you can't make this stuff up.
We have been at war ( not what you WW 2 vets would consider war),but a sort of "controlled war for 13 years and even arm enemies against one another with guns that sometimes kill our soldiers. A corporation has patented many of our crop seeds and another wants to own water rights.
Remember that manliest of men, Bruce Jenner... naw you won't believe me anyway. We have something called "micro aggressions now which means if you were playing a pick up game of basketball you cannot compliment a black players ability to jump as that has been declared racist by the PC crowd.
And oh yeah, a whistle blower warned us that the NSA is spying on Americans without due process . And instead of ending the program in shame they are trying to hunt down the whistle blower.

If you were Jesus and asked him if he would like to be brought back to life he might decline and say, "Nope! I'm fine right here. I don't want to trade my place for a place in hell".

Standing Wolf
05-18-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm sure the OP was intended to be clever and insightful...sorry, it came out sad and petty.

donttread
05-19-2016, 06:08 AM
I'm sure the OP was intended to be clever and insightful...sorry, it came out sad and petty.

Oh , I can explain that, it's those rose colored glasses distorting your picture . BTW, aside from being " sad and petty" was my OP actually WRONG about anything?

Safety
05-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Oh , I can explain that, it's those rose colored glasses distorting your picture . BTW, aside from being " sad and petty" was my OP actually WRONG about anything?

An opinion can't be wrong, it can be rejected, but what you think is what you think.

zelmo1234
05-19-2016, 07:13 AM

Liberals don't give a S H I T about right and wrong. It is the agenda that must advance at all costs.

zelmo1234
05-19-2016, 07:16 AM
An opinion can't be wrong, it can be rejected, but what you think is what you think.

Other than the events in his post are factual? That can't be changed. His opinion that it is bad is his opinion.

A reasonable person would either dispute the facts making his statement false, or offer their opinion as to why those things were actually good for America.

Safety
05-19-2016, 07:22 AM
Other than the events in his post are factual? That can't be changed. His opinion that it is bad is his opinion.

A reasonable person would either dispute the facts making his statement false, or offer their opinion as to why those things were actually good for America.

No thank you. Trying to dispute someone's opinion will only aggravate the internet.

donttread
05-19-2016, 06:37 PM

Exactly, fact's like te debt figures and 13 years of constant war

domer76
05-19-2016, 06:49 PM

Odd. I wouldn't bother with that kind of bullshit. I would tell him how much I loved and missed him and what fine grandchildren and great grandchildren he had.

jimmyz
05-19-2016, 06:56 PM
No thank you. Trying to dispute someone's opinion will only aggravate the internet.

That is one deformed ugly chick in your avatar. Your others are usually attractive.

Safety
05-19-2016, 07:08 PM
That is one deformed ugly chick in your avatar. Your others are usually attractive.
Deformed?

Ugly?

jimmyz
05-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Deformed?

Ugly?

Yeah huge unappealing ass by rap-progressive attributes to big asses. Totally unappealing in a female negro big ass song style.

Common
05-20-2016, 12:58 AM

Its called the Politics of Spite and Special interest. Thats why in 8 yrs obama has solved absolutely nothing.

The greatest generation would shake their heads at all this.

Civil rights is now considered men going in womens bathrooms at will and democrats fighting mightily for it because they were told too. With no consideration for the civil rights and privacy of real women. Amazing

AZ Jim
05-20-2016, 01:44 AM
Liberals don't give a S H I T about right and wrong. It is the agenda that must advance at all costs.What a crock!

Safety
05-20-2016, 07:29 AM
Yeah huge unappealing ass by rap-progressive attributes to big asses. Totally unappealing in a female negro big ass song style.
I give you a B- for effort. Tighten up the troll game, brah.

Mac-7
05-20-2016, 07:39 AM

Your new fantasy girl has a fat ass.

Cigar
05-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Your new fantasy girl has a fat ass.

It's Called a Nice Phatass Rookie

https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/a25d727a74640e454897da3cdb0ee16ca39efdaffb8ae9573d 36340d9780373d_large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB0wHANCIAA1Xaf.jpg

Standing Wolf
05-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Yeah huge unappealing ass by rap-progressive attributes to big asses. Totally unappealing in a female $#@! big ass song style.

"Rap-progressive"? Not sure I even want to know what you think that means.

Reminds me of the latest made-up controversy, wherein White singer Blake Lively is being accused of racism for tweeting a photo of her own backside and labeling it an "Oakland booty", referencing that classic song, "Baby Got Back".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/blake-lively-called-racially-insensitive-for-instagram-post/ar-BBtcNrp?OCID=ansmsnent11

Safety
05-20-2016, 07:51 AM
"Rap-progressive"? Not sure I even want to know what you think that means.

Reminds me of the latest made-up controversy, wherein White singer Blake Lively is being accused of racism for tweeting a photo of her own backside and labeling it an "Oakland booty", referencing that classic song, "Baby Got Back".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/blake-lively-called-racially-insensitive-for-instagram-post/ar-BBtcNrp?OCID=ansmsnent11

Pay no mind to Jimz, he trolls to get a rise out of people.

As for the racism claim with Blake....there are stupid people everywhere.

FindersKeepers
05-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Pay no mind to Jimz, he trolls to get a rise out of people.

As for the racism claim with Blake....there are stupid people everywhere.

I do think your avatar is photoshopped -- her behind is not in proportion to the rest of her body, which is rather slim. And, where's the gun? Honestly -- we've come to expect more.

Mac-7
05-20-2016, 08:05 AM
I do think your avatar is photoshopped -- her behind is not in proportion to the rest of her body, which is rather slim. And, where's the gun? Honestly -- we've come to expect more.

Its a black thang.

Safety
05-20-2016, 08:06 AM

How's this.

Safety
05-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Its a black thang.

That's mighty white of ya.

FindersKeepers
05-20-2016, 08:48 AM
How's this.

LOL

The gun is awesome!

The fanny?

Less so.

Sorry, you gotta realize that I grew up in an era when every dress, skirt or pair of jeans we put on we worried might make our butts look big. Little butts walk the runway and that's still preferred to my way of thinking.

But, if you like that kind of thing -- more power to ya. It's funny how your avatars have become something everyone notices and comments on...