PDA

View Full Version : Long TSA lines: push for funding, or incompetence

Peter1469
05-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Long TSA lines: push for funding, or incompetence (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/05/17/is-tsa-devious-or-simply-inept-experts-weigh-in-on-airport-gridlock/)

The extreme lines at TSA checkpoints may be deliberate. A push for more funding for the agency. They could also be created by the union for similar reasons. Either way, they are costing billions to the economy.

With massive lines and wait times of well over two hours to get through airport security, aviation expert Robert Mack called it “sort of a perfect storm.”Mack believes that an increase in travelers, a decrease in TSA workers, and the fact that the agency wants more money, may have led to this massive gridlock.

Should TSA have been able to predict the gridlock?

Mack said the agency knew traffic was going to increase over the summer.

Did the agency create this scenario to put pressure on politicians to increase funding?

“It’s possible,” Mack said. “Or they could just be completely inept.”

Private Pickle
05-18-2016, 04:53 PM
We know they are inept but the lines weren't as bad as they are now which points to a purposeful act.

Beevee
05-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Most of the missing employees probably got tired of touching up ugly women and resigned, since there is a chain of command that reserves the attractive ones for Trump followers.

Standing Wolf
05-18-2016, 05:48 PM
The city of Phoenix is seriously considering hiring private security for Sky Harbor Airport and giving the TSA the boot.

Peter1469
05-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Other airports are as well.

Private Pickle
05-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Most of the missing employees probably got tired of touching up ugly women and resigned, since there is a chain of command that reserves the attractive ones for Trump followers.
Derp

Beevee
05-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Derp

Your vernacular is very assuring to me.

Private Pickle
05-20-2016, 08:01 AM
Your vernacular is very assuring to me.

Assuring? Weird.

Your hyperbole is amusing to me.

Standing Wolf
05-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Just heard that a major airline is spending millions to hire security personnel to "back up" the TSA. They will reportedly be used mainly to perform such "peripheral" functions as moving those little plastic buckets from table to table and telling people what to take out of their pockets before they go through the metal detector. Pity - just when the TSA people were starting to get good at that part of their jobs. Anyway, this will apparently free them up to devote more time to groping small children and rifling through passengers' checked bags for good stuff to "confiscate".

Cigar
05-20-2016, 08:08 AM
These Line are Figment of your Imagination ... it's a Plot ... :laugh: ... unless you happen to the one standing in those lines

Standing Wolf
05-20-2016, 10:27 AM
These Line are Figment of your Imagination ... it's a Plot ...... unless you happen to the one standing in those lines

What do you suppose those people complaining about the long lines are trying to hide? Besides, at least people in the U.S. are not being made to line up to have THEIR HEADS CHOPPED OFF!!! If you don't like the TSA, you must love the terrorists. USA! USA! USA!

birddog
05-20-2016, 10:50 AM
My son and DIL are at a seminar in LA, I wonder what time they will get home tomorrow night. I really question the effectiveness of the TSA. There should probably be better inspecting and vetting of the baggage handlers. We should learn from how the Israel airline does it.

Beevee
05-20-2016, 11:30 AM
Assuring? Weird.

Your hyperbole is amusing to me.

Oh! You jest!

MisterVeritis
05-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Long TSA lines: push for funding, or incompetence (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/05/17/is-tsa-devious-or-simply-inept-experts-weigh-in-on-airport-gridlock/)

The extreme lines at TSA checkpoints may be deliberate. A push for more funding for the agency. They could also be created by the union for similar reasons. Either way, they are costing billions to the economy.
Fire them all. Let private companies do the work.

Private Pickle
05-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Oh! You jest!

I'm funny that way...

MisterVeritis
05-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Just heard that a major airline is spending millions to hire security personnel to "back up" the TSA. They will reportedly be used mainly to perform such "peripheral" functions as moving those little plastic buckets from table to table and telling people what to take out of their pockets before they go through the metal detector. Pity - just when the TSA people were starting to get good at that part of their jobs. Anyway, this will apparently free them up to devote more time to groping small children and rifling through passengers' checked bags for good stuff to "confiscate".
Killing all of the Imams will do far more for airport security than giving the union thugs more money.

Private Pickle
05-20-2016, 11:37 AM

This.

Beevee
05-20-2016, 11:43 AM

Would that be the private companies that are laying off Americans to employ immigrants because the profitability is greater?

MisterVeritis
05-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Would that be the private companies that are laying off Americans to employ immigrants because the profitability is greater?
No. It wouldn't.

Peter1469
05-20-2016, 04:42 PM
These Line are Figment of your Imagination ... it's a Plot ... :laugh: ... unless you happen to the one standing in those lines

TSA pre-pass is nice.

Peter1469
05-20-2016, 04:43 PM
My son and DIL are at a seminar in LA, I wonder what time they will get home tomorrow night. I really question the effectiveness of the TSA. There should probably be better inspecting and vetting of the baggage handlers. We should learn from how the Israel airline does it.

The Israel model works but they handle like 1% of the air traffic that we do.

Beevee
05-20-2016, 07:34 PM
No. It wouldn't.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/

http://www.fairus.org/issue/for-mark-zuckerberg-br-discriminating-against-american-workers-is-good-for-business

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704821704576270783611823972

Wow! All these internet lies. It's difficult to know who to believe these days.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2016, 08:48 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/

http://www.fairus.org/issue/for-mark-zuckerberg-br-discriminating-against-american-workers-is-good-for-business

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704821704576270783611823972

Wow! All these internet lies. It's difficult to know who to believe these days.

If you were smarter I would make an effort to explain to you that some positions can be made sensitive positions. But you are not. So I won't.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Long TSA lines: push for funding, or incompetence
Liberals always blame a lack of funding for every failure of government.

Peter1469
05-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Long TSA lines: push for funding, or incompetence

Liberals always blame a lack of funding for every failure of government.

Often it is orchestrated. Perform poorly and say we could do better with more money.

Peter1469
05-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Update: TSA- lines will get worse. (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/413b4e39e6394a64b558c835d0eefd01/tsa-head-expect-more-airport-security-delays-despite-funds)

The head of the Transportation Security Administration warned travelers Friday to expect long airport security lines to continue during the peak summer travel season despite Congress' shifting of $34 million to the agency.Peter Neffenger briefed officials in Chicago on Friday about efforts to address crushing delays in getting passengers through security checkpoints at major airports around the country. Congress agreed to shift forward the $34 million in TSA funding to let the agency pay overtime to existing staff and hire an extra 768 screeners by June 15. The agency is funneling many of those resources to major hub airports like Chicago's O'Hare International.

Neffenger called the money a "good down payment" but said more resources were needed to address a shortage of screeners.

"I think this summer is going to continue to be a challenge," he said at a news conference at O'Hare after meeting with members of Illinois' congressional delegation and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "I think we're doing everything we can to mitigate that from the larger standpoints. I think you'll still see crowds in airports. My goal is to keep you moving. We can't have a situation like we had here in Chicago."

Read more at the link.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Often it is orchestrated. Perform poorly and say we could do better with more money.

And often it's not orchestrated. It's often just plain old poor performance. TSA has not improved their operation one iota since their development. They haven't learned a thing. They haven't refined anything. It's the same today as it was in the beginning. It might even be worse now.