PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Biden admits he's never had a job

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Joe Biden admits to a crowd that he's never been "gainfully employed" in his life.

So that being the case, what gives him the credibility or the knowledge to tell businesses people how to run their businesses?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/19/joe-biden-ive-never-gainfully-employed-life/

Peter1469
05-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Politics..., it's Hollywood for ugly people.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 10:30 AM
I've never been gainfully employed in my life,” he said as the audience laughed. “I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do.”
Biden made his remarks during the National Urban League’s Legislative Policy Conference, vowing to work with the organization even after he left office.
“I’ve never cashed a paycheck in my entire life, you think I’m joking, I’m not,” he added.
He added that he would need “career advice” from some of the people at the conference.

This guy is a gem.

this clown admits that he's never had a job, never cashed a paycheck, but somehow is an authority on issues surrounding job creation and building a successful business.

JDubya
05-21-2016, 11:30 AM
If the article is genuine rather than the standard Breitfart bullshit, Biden was being somewhat facetious. While he may not have ever worked as a clock punching hourly employee for someone else, that does not mean he was never employed prior to going into government....

During 1968, Biden clerked for six months at a Wilmington (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington,_Delaware) law firm...

In 1969, Biden resumed practicing law in Wilmington, first as a public defender (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_defender) and then at a firm headed by Sid Balick, a locally active Democrat.

Biden also started his own firm, Biden and Walsh.Corporate law (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_law), however, did not appeal to him and criminal law (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_law) did not pay well. He supplemented his income by managing properties.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

maineman
05-21-2016, 11:35 AM

This guy is a gem.

this clown admits that he's never had a job, never cashed a paycheck, but somehow is an authority on issues surrounding job creation and building a successful business.

you do realize that he was self employed, don't you?

maineman
05-21-2016, 11:37 AM
If the article is genuine rather than the standard Breitfart bullshit, Biden was being somewhat facetious. While he may not have ever worked as a clock punching hourly employee for someone else, that does not mean he was never employed prior to going into government....

those sorts of details don't play well in the Tahuyaman partisan narrative.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 11:55 AM
you do realize that he was self employed, don't you?

So when he said that he's never been gainfully employed in his entire life, he was lying?

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 11:59 AM
those sorts of details don't play well in the @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365) partisan narrative.

Quoting ol Joe isn't partisan..........

I’ve never been gainfully employed in my life,” he said as the audience laughed. “I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do.”
Biden made his remarks during the National Urban League’s Legislative Policy Conference, vowing to work with the organization even after he left office.
“I’ve never cashed a paycheck in my entire life, you think I’m joking, I’m not,” he added.

His words. Not mine.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Now the liberals say that quoting the Vice President is partisan.

maineman
05-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Quoting ol Joe isn't partisan..........

His words. Not mine.

and yet you would have us believe that he has never worked for a living.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 12:19 PM
and yet you would have us believe that he has never worked for a living.

So, You're claiming that I somehow am responsible for making him say that?

My only comment is how can someone who's publicly admitted that he's never been "gainfully employed" in his entire life be trusted to tell businesses how to operate? Why should that person be considered a friend of the working class?

maineman
05-21-2016, 12:22 PM
So, You're claiming that I somehow am responsible for making him say that?

did he SAY that he had never worked for a living?

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 12:28 PM
did he SAY that he had never worked for a living?

Ok.... His own words.

I’ve never been gainfully employed in my life,”

“I’ve never cashed a paycheck in my entire life, you think I’m joking, I’m not,”

Now please translate those comments.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 12:30 PM
maineman is trying to say that I am somehow misrepresenting or mischaracterizing Biden's own words.

maineman
05-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Ok.... His own words.

Now please translate those comments.

they need no translation. He had been self employed up until he entered government service.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 12:53 PM
they need no translation. He had been self employed up until he entered government service.

Then was he not telling the truth when he said that he has never been gainfully employed in his entire life? Isn't being self employed considered gainful employment?

Im getting the feeling that you are trying to argue about Biden's comment because you just want to argue with me about anything. Why else would you say he didn't say what he said?

maineman
05-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Then was he not telling the truth when he said that he has never been gainfully employed in his entire life? Isn't being self employed considered gainful employment?

Im getting the feeling that you are trying to argue about Biden's comment because you just want to argue with me about anything. Why else would you say he didn't say what he said?

I do not think that Biden considered being self employed as working for someone and getting a paycheck. At least you admit that he was, in fact, self-employed, and I am sure you would agree that one can gain a great deal of insight into how businesses work by working for oneself. Ergo, your question in the OP is one you knew the answer to all along.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
I do not think that Biden considered being self employed as working for someone and getting a paycheck. At least you admit that he was, in fact, self-employed, and I am sure you would agree that one can gain a great deal of insight into how businesses work by working for oneself. Ergo, your question in the OP is one you knew the answer to all along.

I don't know whether he was self employed or not. I just know what he said.

I see that you are trying as hard as you can to creatively interpret his comments.

maineman
05-21-2016, 01:56 PM
I don't know whether he was self employed or not. I just know what he said.

I see that you are trying as hard as you can to creatively interpret his comments.

google him. it's easy.

and it's really not all that creative. My father was the founder of a large law firm. If you had ever asked him if he was "employed", I am quite sure he would have said no. The only "paycheck" he ever cashed was from when he was in college or in the Army.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Are you related to Joe or something? I've seen you try to defend dumb comments from Democrats in the past, but this one seems personal to you.

maineman
05-21-2016, 02:41 PM
His comment wasn't dumb. you are simply being your typical willfully obtuse self. And we are not related at all. I have only met him on a few occasions.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 03:19 PM
His comment wasn't dumb. you are simply being your typical willfully obtuse self. And we are not related at all. I have only met him on a few occasions.

You are trying to defend his dumb comments. If a politician you opposed made those same comments, you would be all over it. You continually expose yourself as a hypocritical hack.

Dont think I didn't notice your attempt to create the impression that you are a big-shot of sorts. That was clever. Pathetically clever, but still clever.

maineman
05-21-2016, 04:13 PM
You are trying to defend his dumb comments. If a politician you opposed made those same comments, you would be all over it. You continually expose yourself as a hypocritical hack.

Dont think I didn't notice your attempt to create the impression that you are a big-shot of sorts. That was clever. Pathetically clever, but still clever.

your opinion as to what MY response would be to some hypothetical situation is not at all unexpected. Actually, I think that Joe's remarks were simply ad-libbed toss off stuff.... of no real importance... he was going for laughs in front of a friendly audience. But go ahead.... try to make some big deal out of it. Start a thread about it, why don't you? Oh..that's right... you already did. :yawn:

And I didn't try to create any impression whatsoever. I used to work in politics. You get to meet people from time to time when you are in that business.

You, however, remain obtuse.... and boring.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 04:18 PM
your opinion as to what MY response would be to some hypothetical situation is not at all unexpected. Actually, I think that Joe's remarks were simply ad-libbed toss off stuff.... of no real importance... he was going for laughs in front of a friendly audience. But go ahead.... try to make some big deal out of it. Start a thread about it, why don't you? Oh..that's right... you already did. :yawn:

And I didn't try to create any impression whatsoever. I used to work in politics. You get to meet people from time to time when you are in that business.

You, however, remain obtuse.... and boring.

Predictable. As usual.

maineman
05-21-2016, 04:40 PM
If my reasonable explanation of how a run-of-the-mill political operative might meet national politicians from time to time was so "predictable", why would you try to say that I was creating an impression that I was a big shot?

JDubya
05-21-2016, 04:45 PM
So when he said that he's never been gainfully employed in his entire life, he was lying?

Hey dunce cap, read my first post (#4 pg 1 this thread) then look up the definition of the word facetious.

I know you can do it if you really apply yourself.

maineman
05-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Hey dunce cap, read my first post (#4 pg 1 this thread) then look up the definition of the word facetious.

partisan hatred really clouds his judgment, eh?

Common
05-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Joe Biden is a lawyer and worked at a law firm before entering politics as a local councilman in Delaware I assume after that he just moved up in politics. How long he acutally worked as a lawyer I dont know

maineman
05-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Joe Biden is a lawyer and worked at a law firm before entering politics as a local councilman in Delaware I assume after that he just moved up in politics. How long he acutally worked as a lawyer I dont know

and, at law firms, you don't normally get "paychecks".

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 10:51 PM

Hey nutsack, what makes you think he was being facetious?

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 10:55 PM
Whenever Biden says something that makes him look like a dip-shit, which is quite often, the rest of the mob claims he was only joking.

maineman
05-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Tahuyaman just came back wearing his tarbaby costume. I was wondering how long that would take.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Maineman has some infatuation with Uncle Remus.

maineman
05-21-2016, 11:31 PM
My grandmother read his stories to me when I was a young child. I've known tarbabies like you all my life...but, danged if I don't still feel compelled to punch one of 'em every now and then. Zipadeedoodah!

Ransom
05-23-2016, 06:24 AM
My grandmother read his stories to me when I was a young child. I've known tarbabies like you all my life...but, danged if I don't still feel compelled to punch one of 'em every now and then. Zipadeedoodah!

You couldn't punch a time clock Nancy Boy.

Take your I'm voting for Hillary tough guy act elsewhere, you're too sheepish to pull that nonsense. Go make some wool.

Ransom
05-23-2016, 06:26 AM

Biden doesn't know either. Bet he regrets his decision.

maineman
05-23-2016, 07:07 AM

Take your I'm voting for Hillary tough guy act elsewhere, you're too sheepish to pull that nonsense. Go make some wool.

some little fella I know woke up on the wrong side of the bed again. awwww.

Cigar
05-23-2016, 07:09 AM
Joe Biden admits to a crowd that he's never been "gainfully employed" in his life.

So that being the case, what gives him the credibility or the knowledge to tell businesses people how to run their businesses?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/19/joe-biden-ive-never-gainfully-employed-life/

When you do what you Love, its isn't Called Work :wink: try it, you'll say the same thing.

maineman
05-23-2016, 07:54 AM

And actually, I probably couldn't. because I have no experience doing so. No doubt, you keep current.

Cigar
05-23-2016, 07:57 AM
And actually, I probably couldn't. because I have no experience doing so. No doubt, you keep current.

What's a Time Clock ... is that something like when you stop working? :laugh:

maineman
05-23-2016, 08:03 AM
something the peons use, I think.

zelmo1234
05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Back in High School Civics I told the teacher that my dream job was to be Vice President of the USA.

When asked why, I said that I was already trained. When he looked confused I jumped up and started clapping, and then looked very sad, and went around the room and shook everyone's hand.

When he asked what I would do if the President died, I told him Resign.

So I guess Biden is Qualified.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:03 AM
When you do what you Love, its isn't Called Work :wink: try it, you'll say the same thing.

Thats one way to spin Joe's dumb comments.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:07 AM

You do know that Uncle Remus is a fictional character and actually didn't write the Uncle Remus tales, don't you?

maineman
05-23-2016, 09:14 AM
You do know that Uncle Remus is a fictional character and actually didn't write the Uncle Remus tales, don't you?

I do indeed. I can't remember how many of Harris' books my grandmother had, but at least three or four. The ones she had were from her childhood and I believe were the original editions.... I can just remember them being quite dog eared and tattered.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:38 AM
I can say that Uncle Remus tales were my favorite when I was a little boy.

maineman
05-23-2016, 09:54 AM
me too... although my two real top favorite stories were Wee Gillis and Ferdinand the Bull... as much for the Robert Lawson illustrations as for the Munro Leaf story.

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 10:23 AM

He. Owned. His. Business. You can't employ yourself.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 10:26 AM
He. Owned. His. Business. You can't employ yourself.

This is how the left wing loons defend his comments.

Sel employed is not self employed to these people.

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 10:32 AM

Do you always have to be penis? Its tiresome.

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 10:35 AM
I do indeed. I can't remember how many of Harris' books my grandmother had, but at least three or four. The ones she had were from her childhood and I believe were the original editions.... I can just remember them being quite dog eared and tattered.

I actually own The Song of the South and it's never been released.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Do you always have to be penis? Its tiresome.

take your own advice.

Chris
05-23-2016, 12:10 PM

Hey nutsack, what makes you think he was being facetious?

Stop name calling, Stick to topic.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Ok, hey JDubya, what makes you think he was being facetious? He said himself that he was being serious. Are we not to take him at his word? Do we need to translate everything this clown says?

JDubya
05-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Ok, hey @JDubya (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1435), what makes you think he was being facetious? He said himself that he was being serious. Are we not to take him at his word? Do we need to translate everything this clown says?

When he said he was serious, he was still being facetious.

"I'm serious..." is something that people often say when they're being facetious .

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 12:30 PM
When he said he was serious, he was still being facetious.

"I'm serious..." is something that people often say when they're being facetious .

so, whenever he says something dumb, we are to assume that he was joking even if he says he was not.

Usually when people say that they are being serious when people laught at or raise their eyebrows over something they say, that person was indeed being serious.

I know that in the liberal world, liberal leaders never say dumb things.

maineman
05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
you couldn't ride this horse... so now you fully intend to beat it to death, and then some?

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
take your own advice.

I didn't give advice. I stated a fact.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 12:39 PM
I didn't give advice. I stated a fact.

Look, I'm just giving you a little constructive criticism. Be strong enough to accept it.

maineman
05-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Comedian: "I just flew in from New York, and MAN are my arms tired! Seriously folks... two rabbis walk into a bar..."
Tahuyaman: "wait a minute. How are we supposed to believe this guy knows anything about walking? He just got done telling us he FLIES... and he said, "seriously" after it, which either means he does indeed fly, or he's a liar. Typical liberal!"

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Look, I'm just giving you a little constructive criticism. Be strong enough to accept it.

If i wanted your fucking advice i would ask for it. His comment WAS completely uncalled for.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 01:02 PM
If i wanted your $#@!ing advice i would ask for it. His comment WAS completely uncalled for.

or you can be weak and reject it.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Comedian: "I just flew in from New York, and MAN are my arms tired! Seriously folks... two rabbis walk into a bar..."
@Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365): "wait a minute. How are we supposed to believe this guy knows anything about walking? He just got done telling us he FLIES... and he said, "seriously" after it, which either means he does indeed fly, or he's a liar. Typical liberal!"

^^^^^ will never be a stand-up comedian.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 01:12 PM
The entire point these partisan hacks are missing is that here's a guy who says that he's never been "gainfully employed" in his entire life. He's admitted that he's made his living as an elected official, but somehow he's supposed to be a hero for the working class.

He's supposed to be part of the decision making team which makes policy intended to ensure businesses can succeed.

The more I hear from liberals, the more I'm convinced that they are completely clulessness

Sheesh......

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 01:20 PM
I love this. Biden is quoted and the liberals here harp on it saying that he was gainfully employed because he once partnered with someone for a year in an unsuccessful law firm

Hilarious.

maineman
05-23-2016, 01:56 PM
^^^^^ will never be a stand-up comedian.

^^^^^ will never comprehend extended metaphors.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 06:26 PM
^^^^^ will never comprehend extended metaphors.

Have you ever come up with something on your own?

Peter1469
05-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Biden likes to swim in the nude. He has mentioned this in public before.

The Secret Service code for Biden is now walking around nude is "cobra." :shocked: The female agents move to perimeter security.

jimmyz
05-23-2016, 06:59 PM

The Secret Service code for Biden is now walking around nude is "cobra." :shocked: The female agents move to perimeter security.

I love your Beltway inside dope.

jimmyz
05-23-2016, 07:01 PM
I think Biden was cracking wise because Obama's detractors often say that Obama has never had a "real job". He was speaking to a captive audience at the National Urban League’s Legislative Policy Conference.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 07:04 PM

Lol.

Beevee
05-23-2016, 07:27 PM

Your Constitution. Anyone can stand for the Presidency, as evidenced by the 17 or so Republican clowns who put their names forward. Trump is a prime example and Biden on the Democrat side is another.

Isn't your Constitution a wonderful thing!

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 07:32 PM
So, the constitution gives Biden the knowledge and credibility to tell business leaders how a successful business should be run?

Please show me where the constitution says that? N

jimmyz
05-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Your Constitution. Anyone can stand for the Presidency, as evidenced by the 17 or so Republican clowns who put their names forward. Trump is a prime example and Biden on the Democrat side is another.

Isn't your Constitution a wonderful thing!

Provocateur... lol

maineman
05-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Have you ever come up with something on your own?

absolutely. the bit about extended metaphors is all mine. you cannot use it, btw.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 07:50 PM
absolutely. the bit about extended metaphors is all mine. you cannot use it, btw.

Repeating a lame old joke is not an example of coming up with your own stuff.

WAFM.......

silvereyes
05-23-2016, 08:03 PM
or you can be weak and reject it.

Weak? Omg...ROFLMAO!

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Weak? Omg...ROFLMAO!

I was trying to be nice.

maineman
05-23-2016, 08:50 PM
Repeating a lame old joke is not an example of coming up with your own stuff.

WAFM.......

so... are you suggesting that you yourself used a lame old joke? that's kinda funny in itself!

and it really wasn't a joke, per se, but rather a repetition of format to highlight your inability to understand complex grammatical constructions by using the crude and simple ones used by you.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:12 PM
so... are you suggesting that you yourself used a lame old joke? that's kinda funny in itself!

Not at all. I said you used the lame old joke, not me.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:14 PM
and it really wasn't a joke, per se, but rather a repetition of format to highlight your inability to understand complex grammatical constructions by using the crude and simple ones used by you.

That was kind of pathetic. It didn't make you look intelligent. It made you look like you think you are intelligent.

maineman
05-23-2016, 09:17 PM
That was kind of pathetic. It didn't make you look intelligent. It made you look like you think you are intelligent.

in the eyes of a moron like you... that's high praise! thank you for that, sarge.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2016, 09:24 PM
in the eyes of a moron like you... that's high praise! thank you for that, sarge.

Bless your heart.