PDA

View Full Version : tPF TRUMP, and Chance? for Change

zelmo1234
05-22-2016, 07:34 AM
There is a lot of talk about how Scary and Trump Presidency would be, and to some extent I have to agree. But at least with the Donald, we have a chance for something different.

With Hillary, we know exactly what we are going to get. More of the same thing that we have been doing for the last 15 years. And even the Democrats have been bitching that things are not getting better, but if fact are getting worse.

So is Trump a Risk. Yes. Could things Get worse under Trump, I don't know how, but the answer is still YES.

But when the alternative is a promise of continued decline?

Does not that fact that Trump might be able to make a change, far out weigh the risk? To me it does.

PS opinions are very welcome in this Thread, Talking points, that are not backed up??? Not so much.

Peter1469
05-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Hillary clearly is a disaster in the making. Trump is a wild card. I do like his anti-establishment stance.

Subdermal
05-22-2016, 07:48 AM
If people like us end up very happy with Trump's deeds in office, we will see exactly how dangerous these forces are which have aligned to create the public backlash which has resulted in Trump with which to begin.

We need to see, and I am going to do everything in my power to see Trump elected.

midcan5
05-22-2016, 05:34 PM
The irony here is that Trump is more liberal than Hillary and less of a Hawk than Hillary. Once those items would have been thrown at any democrat, now not a word. The most interesting aspect of this election is the fact two liberal democrats are running and each is disliked by large segments of the population for reasons that contradict reality. What either will accomplish is hard to say, I'm still of the belief it is the people through their work and support of each other that change society. We see that in social change even as some fight it.

Trump flip flops on so many issues I'm not sure why this isn't noted daily? PolitiFacts' site covers the BS well. Hillary is more a known but I wasn't a fan of Billy boy and hope and wonder how much of their soul and liberal policies will be sold down the river during a second Clinton presidency?

I have learned one thing from this election, I think it should be obvious to most, the republican party is an empty shadow box. Family values, hawks, free trade, religiosity, faith based, policy positions, and the list goes on, were all slogans, empty words given Trump's positions. Does compassion call another a rapist because they want a better life? Does a religious person condemn another religion? Does a society of immigrants repeat their troubled history with immigration, does a sane person not wonder at our gun deaths? And does a person condemned by all in the most specific ways then get your vote and your support because they wear a similar suit? A man who labeled you ugly, little, weak, called your entire institution crooked now has your blessing. Unreal but telling of the shallowness of the American people and their political parties.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

zelmo1234
05-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Above I believe is Midcan's best post.

Trump Certainly is not a conservative. What Liberals and Democrats don't understand is the same thing is happening in their part, with the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Conservatives and GOP members are willing to support Trump because he destroys the establishment of the party that has been nothing more that a rubber stamp for issues that Republicans don't agree with.

The same thing is happening with Sanders. And is the very reason that a large percentage of Democrats will in fact support Trump in the general election.

As Midcan pointed out, Trump is to the left of Hillary on many issues. He appeals to what is left of the blue dog democrats and even appeals to union member.

He very well could be a disaster as a president. but at least there is hope with Trump, with Clinton, more of the same

The Sage of Main Street
05-23-2016, 01:00 PM
If people like us end up very happy with Trump's deeds in office, we will see exactly how dangerous these forces are which have aligned to create the public backlash which has resulted in Trump with which to begin.

We need to see, and I am going to do everything in my power to see Trump elected. The Establishment is a paper tiger. Don't let up on shredding it and it will turn into confetti.