PDA

View Full Version : tPF Meme Magic: Donald Trump Is The Internet’s Revenge On Lazy Elites

iustitia
05-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Great article by Milo. The establishment is getting trolled and they just don't get it. And I've enjoyed every bit of it.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/05/04/meme-magic-donald-trump-internets-revenge-lazy-entitled-elites/

You need to read the whole article and appreciate the history behind all this to enjoy this trolling to its fullest.

Cigar
05-24-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm too Lazy ... what's the Cliff Notes :grin:

Chris
05-24-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm too Lazy ... what's the Cliff Notes :grin:

Caught between the hammer of Trump’s media machine and the anvil of his online troll army, The Donald’s opponents never stood a chance. Trump understands the internet, and the internet might just propel him into the White House. Meme magic is real.

Cigar
05-24-2016, 03:25 PM
One Tweet and a Time Trump :laugh: The Twitter in Chump

Chris
05-24-2016, 03:29 PM
One Tweet and a Time Trump :laugh: The Twitter in Chump

Partly.

Mark III
05-24-2016, 03:58 PM
The vast majority of Americans have never heard of Milo and I assure you they couldn't care less.

People like you are the ones being trolled by him, as he builds a fan base of pseudo hipster righties.

By the way, regular readers of this column will know how much I hate to toot my own horn, but I also predicted Trump would perform well with blacks. Polling shows him at anywhere between 12 and 25 per cent with black voters in a general election match-up with Clinton. That’s more than double what the GOP normally achieves.

Couldn't be sillier. Barack Obama is going to be seriously on the stump looking to cement his legacy with a Democratic win. When he personally asks African Americans to vote for him (through Clinton) one last time to secure his place in history, they will. Clinton will be at 90% +

Common Sense
05-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Great idea America...cut off your nose to spite your face. Brilliant.

Ethereal
05-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Great idea America...cut off your nose to spite your face. Brilliant.

How would electing Trump as the President be any worse than electing someone like Bush or Clinton?

The only difference as far as I can tell is that Trump isn't dependent on corporate money and doesn't varnish over his propaganda with cloying rhetoric.

But as Glenn Greenwald has pointed out, the things Trump is saying are entirely "mainstream" in the sense that they've been fully institutionalized for decades: Torture, bombing civilians, xenophobia, etc.

There is nothing particularly novel about what Trump is saying, just how he is saying it.

Chris
05-24-2016, 04:59 PM
How would electing Trump as the President be any worse than electing someone like Bush or Clinton?

The only difference as far as I can tell is that Trump isn't dependent on corporate money and doesn't varnish over his propaganda with cloying rhetoric.

But as Glenn Greenwald has pointed out, the things Trump is saying are entirely "mainstream" in the sense that they've been fully institutionalized for decades: Torture, bombing civilians, xenophobia, etc.

There is nothing particularly novel about what Trump is saying, just how he is saying it.

Exactly. Not sure I read Greenwald, but others have said similar, Trump is saying very popular things, just, as the OP here says, in a trolling way, which has also been discussed over the last couple months. He says things would doom most politicians but seem to make him more popular.

Refugee
05-24-2016, 05:13 PM
The vast majority of Americans have never heard of Milo and I assure you they couldn't care less.

People like you are the ones being trolled by him, as he builds a fan base of pseudo hipster righties.

By the way, regular readers of this column will know how much I hate to toot my own horn, but I also predicted Trump would perform well with blacks. Polling shows him at anywhere between 12 and 25 per cent with black voters in a general election match-up with Clinton. That’s more than double what the GOP normally achieves.

Couldn't be sillier. Barack Obama is going to be seriously on the stump looking to cement his legacy with a Democratic win. When he personally asks African Americans to vote for him (through Clinton) one last time to secure his place in history, they will. Clinton will be at 90% +

I’ll go along with that and also predict a Clinton win. Unfortunately, Trump not only has to convince, but as an outsider, undo eight years of Obama indoctrination in one election and that’s going to take some doing.

Cthulhu
05-25-2016, 07:31 AM
I’ll go along with that and also predict a Clinton win. Unfortunately, Trump not only has to convince, but as an outsider, undo eight years of Obama indoctrination in one election and that’s going to take some doing.

Gruelingly I think you're onto it.

The establishment won't go quietly into the night.

A brokered convention isn't out the question yet. And Hillary is a slippery one.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.