PDA

View Full Version : Alan Dershowitz: "Black Lives Matter Is Endangering The Fairness Of Our Legal System"

MMC
05-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Oh my.....the Famed Liberal Prosecutor taking it to the BLM movement. Note what he says they are doing. Even a hard core lefty can figure it out. What say ye?

On Tuesday night's The Kelly File, Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says Baltimore's state's attorney Marilyn Mosby, the Freddie Gray prosecutor, acted irresponsibly, politically.

"These are officers who, you know, may have made a mistake but they are not guilty of criminal conduct," Dershowitz said of Officer Edward Nero being found not guilty in Baltimore. "What she tried to do is stop the mob. I understand that, but you don't use the criminal justice system to solve racial problems."

"She's a symptom of a larger problem," Dershowitz said of Mosby. "Black Lives Matter is endangering the fairness of our legal system. Because they're rooting for outcomes based on race. Started a long time ago. Started with the O.J. Simpson case."

DERSHOWITZ: African-Americans wanted an acquittal without regard to the evidence. Now, many want convictions without regard to the evidence. We cannot allow our justice system to be turned into a kind of racial categorization where people root for outcome.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/25/alan_dershowitz_black_lives_matter_is_endangering_ the_fairness_of_our_legal_system.html

Common
05-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Absolutely Amazing you cannot get more progressive left than Alan Dershewitz Harvard Law Professor.

Black Lives Matters has cost many many black lives by being part of the laydown of law enforcement. BLM has made race relations far worse.

To be frank and honest white people think BLM is full of shit and just want to make noise. The thugs love them they took the heat right off them they can run and do their dirty with alot less worry

MMC
05-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Absolutely Amazing you cannot get more progressive left than Alan Dershewitz Harvard Law Professor.

Black Lives Matters has cost many many black lives by being part of the laydown of law enforcement. BLM has made race relations far worse.

To be frank and honest white people think BLM is full of $#@! and just want to make noise. The thugs love them they took the heat right off them they can run and do their dirty with alot less worry

Yeah, I did the double take when I saw it was Derschowitz. http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/icon_cyclops_ani.gif Turley is another one that has mentioned similar thoughts. Both see it as it is. So now what are they going to say he is racist to?

valley ranch
05-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Quote:
"She's a symptom of a larger problem," Dershowitz said of Mosby. "Black Lives Matter is endangering the fairness of our legal system. Because they're rooting for outcomes based on race. Started a long time ago. Started with the O.J. Simpson case."

Now, because of this/them their actions: People who are preyed upon the some areas are not given protection by law enforcement, this isn't what all who got behind this movement looked for or wanted or expected.

Cigar
05-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Are they still around obstructing the obstructors ... ? :laugh:

Safety
05-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Let's see here....we have an article saying black lives matter is using the justice system for "rooting for outcomes based on race", then OJ simpson is brought up.....

What about Zimmerman, Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson,....nevermind cause 'murica.

del
05-25-2016, 12:31 PM
dershowitz is, and always has been, a purblind tool.

contrary to the brainiac further up the thread, he's never been a prosecutor

del
05-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Let's see here....we have an article saying black lives matter is using the justice system for "rooting for outcomes based on race", then OJ simpson is brought up.....

What about Zimmerman, Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson,....nevermind cause 'murica.

yes, the idea of race based outcomes is anathema to our legal system

if its the wrong race

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/price&bowers/CP&RAINE.jpg

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/price&bowers/price&bowers.htm

Safety
05-25-2016, 12:38 PM

Dershowitz hasn't seen a black court case he has agreed with yet. Which is why it doesn't surprise me OJ was mentioned.

Safety
05-25-2016, 12:38 PM

if its the wrong race

'murica.

del
05-25-2016, 12:39 PM
'murica.

damn straight

MMC
05-25-2016, 12:41 PM

That's Phenom.....get it Right, mope. http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/kick.gif

del
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
That's Phenom.....get it Right, mope. http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/kick.gif

don't you have windows to lick?

stjames1_53
05-25-2016, 12:43 PM

Martin brought his death upon himself.
Anthony was a cold blooded bitch.
Peterson is a serial killer....
How and what has that to do with anything?

stjames1_53
05-25-2016, 12:44 PM
'murica.

so, if you're black, and you murder, you should get a free ticket....jes cuz yer black......

del
05-25-2016, 12:46 PM
so, if you're black, and you murder, you should get a free ticket....jes cuz yer black......

no, you should get a fair trial

because 'murica

Cigar
damn straight

As long as you Go Backwards ... because if you goto the Future :laugh:

Standing Wolf

Zimmerman - yes, outcome (i.e. Zimmerman's conviction) very much being rooted for on the basis of his race.

Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson...how was race involved in either of those cases?

MMC
05-25-2016, 12:47 PM
don't you have windows to lick?

Its against the law to cut off someones head and use it as a wipee.

Did you want to try for round 3? http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/bringit.gif

del
05-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Its against the law to cut off someones head and use it as a wipee.

Did you want to try for round 3? http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/bringit.gif

try lepidoptery

you can maybe outsmart them

Standing Wolf
05-25-2016, 12:54 PM

if its the wrong race

So what are you saying, del? That the outcome of court cases should depend on the race of the parties involved, just like it used to, only with a different race being favored? Sacrifice a few of one race and exonerate a few of the other race, just to placate the masses and create the illusion of equity?

Dershowitz was right; he is seeing the situation clearly and describing it honestly.

Safety
05-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Martin brought his death upon himself.
Anthony was a cold blooded bitch.
Peterson is a serial killer....
How and what has that to do with anything?

I'm guessing when Dershwitz brought OJ into the conversation he was trying to make it seem as if the glove didn't fit because an equal outcome was being searched for. There were other cases that he could have mentioned also, but....

Mac-7
05-25-2016, 12:56 PM

You sound very bitter for a black guy who has enjoyed 7 1/2 years of a black golfer in chief in the white house who liberals said was going to unify the races.

i guess that makes obumer a failure in all respects.

del
05-25-2016, 12:58 PM
So what are you saying, del? That the outcome of court cases should depend on the race of the parties involved, just like it used to, only with a different race being favored? Sacrifice a few of one race and exonerate a few of the other race, just to placate the masses and create the illusion of equity?

Dershowitz was right; he is seeing the situation clearly and describing it honestly.

no, i'm saying the country has a history of exonerating whites and convicting blacks as a matter of course.

your attempt to put words in my mouth is noted and laughed at heartily, as is your opinion of dershowitz

have a lovely day

Mister D
05-25-2016, 01:00 PM
no, i'm saying the country has a history of exonerating whites and convicting blacks as a matter of course.

your attempt to put words in my mouth is noted and laughed at heartily, as is your opinion of dershowitz

have a lovely day

He didn't put words in your mouth. What other reason could there have been for bringing that up? Did Dershowitz support jury nullification in the south? That can't be it so...

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Zimmerman - yes, outcome (i.e. Zimmerman's conviction) very much being rooted for on the basis of his race.

Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson...how was race involved in either of those cases?

I agree, Zimmerman's outcome was being rooted for acquittal by the right because of who he shot. When race plays a part in what started the encounter, it can only also play a part as to how the sides root for their guy.

Anthony, Peterson didn't have the benefit of having race brought into the mix because they were white. The same for Robert Blake.

If the justice system worked for Zimmerman, then the same justice system worked for OJ. Although a black person better be rich and famous to achieve the same benefit of a doubt that Zimmerman received....

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:03 PM

have a lovely day

Any intelligent person that can read history should know that.

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:04 PM
You sound very bitter for a black guy who has enjoyed 7 1/2 years of a black golfer in chief in the white house who liberals said was going to unify the races.

i guess that makes obumer a failure in all respects.

You and your buddies riding out tonight? How many crosses will ya'll be "planting"?

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:05 PM

.... reading is fundamental.

Mister D
05-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Any intelligent person that can read history should know that.

We all know that. What difference does it make?

Standing Wolf
05-25-2016, 01:06 PM

Yes, we know that. Were you under the impression that only you were privy to that information? Unless your point is that "Whites got away with stuff before, and now it's only fair that Blacks get the same advantage", your referencing of those times and what happened then is entirely irrelevant.

No one was trying to put words in anyone's mouth; you were simply asked to explain the point of what you had written.

Carry on with your PC butt-kissing, since that seems to be all that you are capable of doing in this particular thread.

Standing Wolf
05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Did Dershowitz support jury nullification in the south? That can't be it so...

It's called consistency, and intellectual integrity. The same people who opposed - or would have opposed, had they been alive - judges and juries, not to mention the media and public, deciding cases on the basis of race fifty years ago should be expressing the same sentiment today.

Mister D
05-25-2016, 01:11 PM
It's called consistency, and intellectual integrity. The same people who opposed - or would have opposed, had they been alive - judges and juries, not to mention the media and public, deciding cases on the basis of race fifty years ago should be expressing the same sentiment today.

Exactly.

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Yes, we know that. Were you under the impression that only you were privy to that information? Unless your point is that "Whites got away with stuff before, and now it's only fair that Blacks get the same advantage", your referencing of those times and what happened then is entirely irrelevant.

No one was trying to put words in anyone's mouth; you were simply asked to explain the point of what you had written.

Carry on with your PC butt-kissing, since that seems to be all that you are capable of doing in this particular thread.

Nobody is suggesting that race should play a part in whether or not someone is found innocent or guilty. It is addressing the fact that people use the race of OJ as a way to say they were innocent because they were black, or a "black" jury found them innocent. I usually find that the people that try to obscure and deflect the most about a case, is usually trying to cover their subconscious.

"These are officers who, you know, may have made a mistake but they are not guilty of criminal conduct" ....bullshit, any officer that uses his position to cause harm to someone intentionally is guilty of criminal conduct. These officers are having a trial to see if they are guilty of criminal conduct, if they are found innocent, great, if not, then throw the book at them. I don't care if someone is a career criminal, that does not give a public servant the right to be "judge, jury, and executioner". Now, there are many who will try to turn that around to say that I'm being sympathetic to criminals or black people, but until they experience being "wronged" personally, they will continue to deflect to the real issue.

MMC
05-25-2016, 01:17 PM
try lepidoptery

you can maybe outsmart them

Nah, I prefer showing why you belong to the class of Simpletons. You're worth at least a sliver of amusement.

Cigar
05-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Not a Good Decade 4-yea :laugh:

Chris
05-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Good God someone blew the social justice warrior whistle.

MisterVeritis
05-25-2016, 01:25 PM
If the justice system worked for Zimmerman, then the same justice system worked for OJ. Although a black person better be rich and famous to achieve the same benefit of a doubt that Zimmerman received....
Of course, one was innocent (Zimmy) and was found innocent based on the evidence. The other murdered two people and got away with it despite the evidence of his guilt (Simpson).

Race played no part in the Zimmerman-Martin case as one Zimmy is Hispanic while Martin was black.
Race did play a part in the Simpson murder case. Both of his victims, cut and hacked to death, were white while Simpson is black. This was payback for the beating Rodney King received from the police.

Blacks are the ones most hurt when police are made into the enemy.

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Of course, one was innocent (Zimmy) and was found innocent based on the evidence. The other murdered two people and got away with it despite the evidence of his guilt (Simpson).

Race played no part in the Zimmerman-Martin case as one Zimmy is Hispanic while Martin was black.
Race did play a part in the Simpson murder case. Both of his victims, cut and hacked to death, were white while Simpson is black. This was payback for the beating Rodney King received from the police.

Blacks are the ones most hurt when police are made into the enemy.

^^^
Standing Wolf, care to see my point now?

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:32 PM

If it was equally applicable.

MisterVeritis
05-25-2016, 01:34 PM
^^^
@Standing Wolf (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1791), care to see my point now?
You chose the cases...

You just might be the racist.

Standing Wolf
05-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Nobody is suggesting that race should play a part in whether or not someone is found innocent or guilty.

I think you and I both know that assertion came right off the stable floor.

It is addressing the fact that people use the race of OJ as a way to say they were innocent because they were black, or a "black" jury found them innocent. I usually find that the people that try to obscure and deflect the most about a case, is usually trying to cover their subconscious.

I have not addressed the O.J. case in this thread. I have studied it extensively, and I don't mean what has appeared in the media. O.J. was found Not Guilty largely because of chain-of-custody and other procedural irregularities by the LAPD. That's on the legal side of things. On the public perception side, entire crowds of Black people cheered his acquittal, even while having a pretty good idea that he had committed the murder.

"These are officers who, you know, may have made a mistake but they are not guilty of criminal conduct" ....bull$#@!, any officer that uses his position to cause harm to someone intentionally is guilty of criminal conduct. I don't care if someone is a career criminal, that does not give a public servant the right to be "judge, jury, and executioner".

Are you aware of what the officer just exonerated, Edward Nero, actually did in connection with the arrest and transport of Freddie Gray? Nothing he did would indicate that he was attempting to take on any of those roles. The mob doesn't care - he's White and he was there, so they want him in prison. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Now, there are many who will try to turn that around to say that I'm being sympathetic to criminals or black people, but until they experience being "wronged" personally, they will continue to deflect to the real issue.

Your skin color gives you no more justification for throwing out facts, rational thought or, indeed, justice itself than anyone else has.

Chris
05-25-2016, 01:38 PM

Agree, the justice system should be used for one purpose only, to seek justice for anyone regardless race, sex, orientation, etc.

Safety
05-25-2016, 01:49 PM
I think you and I both know that assertion came right off the stable floor.

No, actually I don't.

I have not addressed the O.J. case in this thread. I have studied it extensively, and I don't mean what has appeared in the media. O.J. was found Not Guilty largely because of chain-of-custody and other procedural irregularities by the LAPD. That's on the legal side of things. On the public perception side, entire crowds of Black people cheered his acquittal, even while having a pretty good idea that he had committed the murder.

Some people thought the justice system worked, some people were happy that he was acquitted because he was black. Just like some people were happy Zimmerman was acquitted because he killed a black. In both cases, the justice system made their decision and those that want to claim Zimmerman's acquittal was fine, but OJ's was not and visa versa, are part of the problem.

Are you aware of what the officer just exonerated, Edward Nero, actually did in connection with the arrest and transport of Freddie Gray? Nothing he did would indicate that he was attempting to take on any of those roles. The mob doesn't care - he's White and he was there, so they want him in prison. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

He was riding shotgun in the van. He will probably be the star witness for the next trial. Your statement "the mob doesn't care - he's white and he was there" was exactly the point I was making. Here you assume that because the guy was white, that the "mob" wants him to be guilty. Yet in the Baltimore case it was three blacks and three whites on trial. Now, if you are suggesting that the "mob" will say "the three blacks should be free and prosecute the three whites" then you are part of the problem. Baltimore should have been the case that made rational people open their eyes that it was never "blacks vs whites" but "blacks vs police" that was the issue. However, the Pro-police side can not justify the situation without bringing race into it. Just like whenever a black person shoots a cop, the first thing out of their mouth here is "IT WAS BLM", but white people can shoot cops all day and "he was a mentally unstable person". Now, just for me bringing this up must mean I'm a racist, so I figured I'd go ahead and save them the trouble.

Your skin color gives you no more justification for throwing out facts, rational thought or, indeed, justice itself than anyone else has.

Where has someone suggested otherwise?

MMC
05-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Not a Good Decade 4-yea :laugh:

Its not looking good for the BLM and their movement. Now they won't even make it to a decade, huh?