PDA

View Full Version : "White People are Not as Important as Bernie Sanders Thinks"

Cigar
05-25-2016, 06:21 PM
By Elie Mystal

Bernie Sanders’s central argument for the nomination is that he is in a better position than Hillary Clinton to take on Donald Trump. He says his comparative strength against Trump is because his message also resonates with the disaffected white men that form the basis of Trump’s support. Bernie can cut into that support while Clinton will be vehemently opposed by that demographic, so he should be the nominee for anybody concerned with stopping Donald Trump.

Even assuming that is true (and the poll numbers do back Bernie up on this point), why do Bernie and his supporters think that is a good argument for all of us non-white, non-men, non-violently angry people out here? Having a way to tap into the boiling nihilism of the would-be Trump supporter doesn’t make me happy. It makes me question whether the message is broad enough for modern America.

Let’s remember, pissed off white people are responsible for much of the bad treatment experienced by women and minorities. Policies that purport to help pissed off white men are often sold in opposition to policies that would benefit women and minorities. I don’t believe that the American dream is a zero-sum game, I do think that we can all move forward together. But when I see a crowd of screaming, angry white people, I don’t think “those guys are really passionate about racial justice and women’s rights.” Historically speaking, a mob of lightly educated white men is not good news for me.

And you want me to like Bernie because he appeals to those people?

You want me to go all in on SuperDelegates overturning the will of black and brown voters, as expressed in diverse primary after diverse primary, because Bernie has tapped into the angry white man vote? Have you Bernie supporters completely lost your minds? In what UNIVERSE am I supporting the guy who is being buoyed by “white rage” over the person who has won more votes without it?

http://www.atlredline.com/white-people-are-not-as-important-as-bernie-sanders-thi-1776048976?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Above_The_Law:_Redline_twitter

Common
05-25-2016, 06:25 PM
lol nah cigar doesnt constantly try to racebait.

Cigar theres one thing about white men you cant post about. That they have less money than black men. You will be dead a thousand years and you couldnt come back and say that :)

Cigar
05-25-2016, 06:38 PM
lol nah cigar doesnt constantly try to racebait.

Cigar theres one thing about white men you cant post about. That they have less money than black men. You will be dead a thousand years and you couldnt come back and say that :)

Common ... I didn't write this ... like 99% of what is on this Forum, someone else did, I just re-posted it.

So making it personal to me is kinds silly don't you think?

Maybe you'd like to discuss it first?

Common
05-25-2016, 06:42 PM
@Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) ... I didn't write this ... like 99% of what is on this Forum, someone else did, I just re-posted it.

Not personal at all stop playing the victim, I made a statement the same as you have time and time over on the forum.
Feeling a little sting or something ?? :) :police:

Discuss LMAO you are the one that needs to start discussing, practice what you preach, be an example maybe others will follow

Standing Wolf
05-25-2016, 10:56 PM
...when I see a crowd of screaming, angry white people, I don’t think “those guys are really passionate about racial justice and women’s rights.” Historically speaking, a mob of lightly educated white men is not good news for me.

Just as fair, I believe, to say that a mob of lightly educated Black men is not good news for their own neighborhoods...but that is a digression, I confess.

In what UNIVERSE am I supporting the guy who is being buoyed by “white rage” over the person who has won more votes without it?
Maybe in the universe where the writer understands that keeping Trump out of the White House is far more important, in the final analysis, than whether or not his favored candidate, or even the favored candidate of most Black voters, gets the Democratic nomination?

Cigar
05-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Just as fair, I believe, to say that a mob of lightly educated Black men is not good news for their own neighborhoods...but that is a digression, I confess.

Maybe in the universe where the writer understands that keeping Trump out of the White House is far more important, in the final analysis, than whether or not his favored candidate, or even the favored candidate of most Black voters, gets the Democratic nomination?

Let's be honest, do YOU, personally care about those neighborhoods, Black Voters or even The Democratic Party? :laugh:

Tahuyaman
05-26-2016, 09:08 AM
@Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) ... I didn't write this ... like 99% of what is on this Forum, someone else did, I just re-posted it.

Too funny. Cigar isn't a race baiter because he takes his comments from others.

JDubya
05-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Actually, Bernie's support is coming less from the kind of angry white men mentioned in the article, as it is from young, white millennial, self righteous SJW types. The angry white men are mostly and solidly behind Trump, who is one of them himself.

I doubt many angry white men would dump Trump to feel the Bern.

Cigar
05-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Too funny. Cigar isn't a race baiter because he takes his comments from others.

Actually you inspire me ... :laugh:

Common
05-26-2016, 09:50 AM

I always post from legitimate mainstream sites. Ive always passed over small blogs, but since you like to post from unknown entities about white people. Ill post some too so we can see if you will "discuss it" or do what you do best and troll it :)