PDA

View Full Version : Hey all! New here......

oceanloverOH
09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Hello to everyone, nice to be here.

My close friend Fearandloathing invited me to join this forum, so here I am. A little about me: I'm a southern California native, surfer girl in the 60s (think Gidget). I adore the ocean......it's a long story how I ended up in Dayton, Ohio; the armpit of the Midwest. I was active-duty USAF for 20 years and so was my husband; he retired in 1995 and I retired in 1996. I worked for the airlines another 10 years, then the stress just got to be too much for me. Hubby still wants to work, but since Uncle Sugar pays me every month just cuz I'm cute, I decided to retire for real and am now a homemaker who beta-tests video games and cuddles her dog :laugh:. My mid-30s son and his wife live in Oregon, no grandkids. I have a little Shih Tzu, Jake, who is the light of my life. Political persuasion: conservative, in all things fiscal. Social issues, I don't tow the straight party line; I take them one-on-one.

IGetItAlready
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
A very warm, former NorCal to midwest welcome Oceanlover!
Any friend of Fear's is a welcome addition to the mix indeed.
And a sincere thank you to both you and your husband for your service to this greatest of nations.
:cheers:

Trinnity
09-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome!!! So glad you joined us. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Deadwood
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I was braggin' on you a bit on another thread. Do not go to "Obamacare described..." thread if you don't want a red face sweetie...

Gidget?

Seriously?

I was more into Janis Joplin and Grace Slick....

Goldie Locks
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Welcome Oceanlover...but St. Louis is the armpit of America...;) I ain't from there, but I know from experience..

Glad to have ya here and thank you and hubby for your service.

roadmaster
09-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Welcome!

Akula
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Greetings!

Anyone who is ok with Fearandloathing is ok with me.

Deadwood
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I was braggin' on you a bit on another thread. Do not go to "Obamacare described..." thread if you don't want a red face sweetie...

Gidget?

Seriously?

I was more into Janis Joplin and Grace Slick....

Together.......................................... ..................:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::g rin::grin::grin::grin:

Jenda
09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Greetings!

Anyone who is ok with Fearandloathing is ok with me.

I agree.:)

Welcome.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome, glad you're here.

MMC
09-23-2012, 10:08 PM
http://bettertogivegifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Door-Mat.jpg

Greetings OceanloverOH.....Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant! http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/GHGecko/ANI_GIFs/BUs/Smiley_BU_Sign_Salute_A_Vet.gif :yo2:

Carygrant
09-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Glad to hear that FAL has a carer .
He pretends otherwise but he needs a friend .

oceanloverOH
09-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm still stumbling around this site trying to figure out all the terms and how to use the different features, like thanking people and reputation points, etc. I'm lucky to be able to access my PM inbox at this point. So forgive me if I haven't done something I should do.....I'm such a digitally challenged woman sometimes (but NOT politically challenged....I'm pretty firm on that!)

Cedric
09-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Hello to everyone, nice to be here.

My close friend Fearandloathing invited me to join this forum, so here I am. A little about me: I'm a southern California native, surfer girl in the 60s (think Gidget). I adore the ocean......it's a long story how I ended up in Dayton, Ohio; the armpit of the Midwest. I was active-duty USAF for 20 years and so was my husband; he retired in 1995 and I retired in 1996. I worked for the airlines another 10 years, then the stress just got to be too much for me. Hubby still wants to work, but since Uncle Sugar pays me every month just cuz I'm cute, I decided to retire for real and am now a homemaker who beta-tests video games and cuddles her dog :laugh:. My mid-30s son and his wife live in Oregon, no grandkids. I have a little Shih Tzu, Jake, who is the light of my life. Political persuasion: conservative, in all things fiscal. Social issues, I don't tow the straight party line; I take them one-on-one.

Welcome to tPF [The Political Forum] Oceanlover. Any friend of Fearandloathing is a wonderful addition to this posting system. He's one of the best at this stuff.

Yeah I know what you mean. I always wanted to return to San Diego where I spent my Navy bootcamp time. The climate was perfect for me and I loved the environs. But here I am stuck deep in south Texas due to circumstances beyond my control -- family ties. Meh, but like you, I make the best of it.

Again, welcome to tPF.

oceanloverOH
09-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Welcome to tPF [The Political Forum] Oceanlover. Any friend of Fearandloathing is a wonderful addition to this posting system. He's one of the best at this stuff.

Yeah I know what you mean. I always wanted to return to San Diego where I spent my Navy bootcamp time. The climate was perfect for me and I loved the environs. But here I am stuck deep in south Texas due to circumstances beyond my control -- family ties. Meh, but like you, I make the best of it.

Again, welcome to tPF.

Hi, Cedric and thanks for the welcome! South Texas ain't all bad....at least you don't have snow up to your tush in the winter. I spent several years in San Antonio (1971-1976 and 1981-1986), mostly from military postings. The ocean wasn't that far away (well, the Gulf of Mexico is sort of an ocean, lol) and lots of open country. There wasn't such an influx of illegal immigrants back then, and I felt at home in the mostly Republican, cowboy, gun-toting, pickup truck-driving, God-Mom-and-apple-pie environment. I still have family in the Dallas area.

Stuck_In_California
09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Hey all! New here.......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Masswelcomemat.jpg

Larry Dickman
09-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I was more into Grace Slick....

Didn't age too well, but at least she allows the hands of time to turn unfettered by Botox and plastic.

I was more into Janis Joplin

Didn't age at all, sadly.

Larry Dickman
09-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Oh and welcome new kid.

Peter1469
09-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Even though those darn C-130 pilots always missed the drop zone, welcome anyway Air Force.

oceanloverOH
09-30-2012, 11:39 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Masswelcomemat.jpg

Stuck, I love your avatar!:wink:

IMPress Polly
09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Nice to meet you! My mom once lived in in O.C., Cali. I went there once and it was waaaaaaaay too hot for me! (Temperature-wise, that is...though the guys didn't look too bad either. :love10: ) I'm a Northerner through and through, I think. But anyhow, game-testing sounds like fun! Look forward to seeing you around the forums. :smiley: