PDA

View Full Version : Industry that helps Chinese students cheat their way into US colleges

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:03 AM
Today, the University of Iowa, one of the largest state universities in the American Midwest, says it is investigating at least 30 students suspected of cheating. Three sources familiar with the inquiry say the number under investigation may be two or three times higher.

University spokespeople declined to name the students or comment on their nationality, citing academic privacy laws.

But those familiar with the investigation said that most, perhaps all, of the cheating suspects are Chinese nationals. They stand accused of cheating in online versions of at least three courses, including law and economics. Three of the Chinese suspects admitted to Reuters that they hired Chinese-run outfits to take exams for them.

Read more at link....http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/college-cheating-iowa/

It's always been about those with the means will have an advantage over those who don't. People like to sit back and say other "factors" are the reason the education attainment in the US is the way it is, but it mostly boils down to money.

Common
05-26-2016, 08:08 AM
It's always been about those with the means will have an advantage over those who don't. People like to sit back and say other "factors" are the reason the education attainment in the US is the way it is, but it mostly boils down to money.

Always was and always will be the case

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Money, money, money.

Mister D
05-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Sorry but this has to be the lamest excuse for black failure yet.

Common
05-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Money, money, money.

With money comes privledge and the enabling to avoid paying the price for your misdeeds.

My father over 50 yrs ago said get a union job its the only way you can keep the rich from screwing you, he was always right but never more right than he is today. The rich and powerful HATE UNIONS

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Sorry but this has to be the lamest excuse for black failure yet.

Go troll elsewhere, I hear Mac is lonely.

FindersKeepers
05-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Cheating is certainly not limited to Chinese students. My son's dorm room sophomore year was (oddly enough) on the 8th floor of Jayhawk Towers, the floor that housed KU's basketball team. He often said he was the shortest one on the floor, and while he liked all the other guys, he told how girls were always there doing homework for the players.

It's just the way things go. Reuters made a judgement error, in my opinion, citing a specific nationality.

Perhaps when colleges begin to focus on teaching the knowledge and skills needed by their graduates, instead of insisting that Art majors pass College Algebra, fewer kids would be inclined to cheat.

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Cheating is certainly not limited to Chinese students. My son's dorm room sophomore year was (oddly enough) on the 8th floor of Jayhawk Towers, the floor that housed KU's basketball team. He often said he was the shortest one on the floor, and while he liked all the other guys, he told how girls were always there doing homework for the players.

It's just the way things go. Reuters made a judgement error, in my opinion, citing a specific nationality.

Perhaps when colleges begin to focus on teaching the knowledge and skills needed by their graduates, instead of insisting that Art majors pass College Algebra, fewer kids would be inclined to cheat.

I don't think Reuters was implying that only Chinese students cheat, I think the article was more tailored to highlight the industry that is in place to achieve those great SAT scores and test scores that gets you into great schools.

Mister D
05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Go troll elsewhere, I hear Mac is lonely.

I'm addressing the OP and your comments specifically. They're ridiculous. Some Chinese students allegedly cheated ergo...something. lol

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm addressing the OP and your comments specifically. They're ridiculous. Some Chinese students allegedly cheated ergo...something. lol

So, the only response to my OP was a snide remark about black failure? Why bring black into the discussion at all? Because I started the OP?

Mister D
05-26-2016, 08:29 AM
So, the only response to my OP was a snide remark about black failure? Why bring black into the discussion at all? Because I started the OP?

Because that's where you went and we both know it. :wink: So some Chinese students allegedly cheated and this proves...what, Safety? lol

FindersKeepers
05-26-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't think Reuters was implying that only Chinese students cheat, I think the article was more tailored to highlight the industry that is in place to achieve those great SAT scores and test scores that gets you into great schools.

I'm sure they didn't mean Chinese students only - but still....that was odd.

And, it's coming on the heels of recently filed discrimination allegations:

http://www.thequint.com/world/2016/05/24/ivy-league-in-trouble-as-asian-americans-allege-discrimination

Related? No?

Safety
05-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Because that's where you went and we both know it. :wink: So some Chinese students allegedly cheated and this proves...what, Safety? lol

Oh, so now you're a mind reader? Can read between the lines today, but any other day the crystal ball is clouded?

Dismissed.

Mister D
05-26-2016, 08:48 AM
I love that. It's not that black people don't take their education seriously. It's just that they can't afford to cheat. :laugh: Thanks for the laugh, Safety.

Mac-7
05-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Money, money, money.

Money that lib educators use to pay their bills with so they do not have to take jobs in the private sector.

Safety
05-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Money that lib educators use to pay their bills with so they do not have to take jobs in the private sector.

Professors don't work in the private sector?

Common
05-26-2016, 09:11 AM

Wtf who wants to work in the private sector it sucks ass, they are underpaid no benefits

Cigar
05-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Today, the University of Iowa, one of the largest state universities in the American Midwest, says it is investigating at least 30 students suspected of cheating. Three sources familiar with the inquiry say the number under investigation may be two or three times higher.

University spokespeople declined to name the students or comment on their nationality, citing academic privacy laws.

But those familiar with the investigation said that most, perhaps all, of the cheating suspects are Chinese nationals. They stand accused of cheating in online versions of at least three courses, including law and economics. Three of the Chinese suspects admitted to Reuters that they hired Chinese-run outfits to take exams for them.

Read more at link....http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/college-cheating-iowa/

@Safety Did you notice who went directly to Black :laugh: ...

I swear to God this guy must have some really deep scars that someone Black inflicted on him or someone in his family. :wink:

Safety
05-26-2016, 09:16 AM
@Safety Did you notice who went directly to Black :laugh: ...

I swear to God this guy must have some really deep scars that someone Black inflicted on him or someone in his family. :wink:
You see that and I see that, and I'll just leave it there. I wonder if Cletus will swing by to comment...