PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'll be damned...

Czernobog
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
...it turns out the Republicans are right. There is widespread election fraud going on in this country:

Four former staffers for resigned House Rep. Thaddeus McCotter have been charged with 36 counts of misdemeanor and felony election fraud. Yesterday one of those staffers, Lorianne O達rady, pled not guilty to five misdemeanor counts of submitting fraudulent signatures on a ballot petition. O達rady is the last of the four staffers to be arraigned; the other three, Don Yowchuang, Mary Melissa Turnbull, and Paul Seewald, were arraigned on similar charges on August 10th.
Republican Staffers Charged With 36 Counts of Election Fraud (http://lawsonry.com/2012/09/republican-staffers-charged-with-36-counts-of-election-fraud/)

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/amelinahh/oops.gif

Goldie Locks
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
We need voter ID...glad you finally agree.

Trinnity
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Voter ID's for everyone. NOW.

Czernobog
09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Voter ID's for everyone. NOW.

Uh...I don't think Voter ID would stop the type of election fraud that these gentlemen pled guilty to...

Goldie Locks
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
OK...lets have voter ID, and get rid of fraudulent petitions.

Czernobog
09-23-2012, 09:58 PM
OK...lets have voter ID, and get rid of fraudulent petitions.
I'll give you credit, Goldie...you do make lemonade...

Trinnity
09-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Uh...I don't think Voter ID would stop the type of election fraud that these gentlemen pled guilty to...They should be prosecuted anyway.

From the article...

Fast forward to May 2012. the date to collect signatures to appear on the ballot in Michigan has come and gone. 1,000 signatures are necessary for each candidate, and the McCotter campaign turned in over 2,000. There was just one small problem: most of those signatures were forgeries or photocopies. Only 244 of the signatures – just over 10% of the total number – were actually legitimate signatures.

ACORN was famous for this maneuver...invalid siggies, that is.
It's wrong no matter who does it. It's against the law. Bust 'em, no matter what side they're on.

roadmaster
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
They should be prosecuted anyway.

From the article...

ACORN was famous for this maneuver...invalid siggies, that is.
It's wrong no matter who does it. It's against the law. Bust 'em, no matter what side they're on.

Many libs thought it was funny that Acorn got away with so much. To us it doesn't matter which side, it's wrong no matter what.

DonGlock26
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
...it turns out the Republicans are right. There is widespread election fraud going on in this country:

Four former staffers for resigned House Rep. Thaddeus McCotter have been charged with 36 counts of misdemeanor and felony election fraud. Yesterday one of those staffers, Lorianne O’Brady, pled not guilty to five misdemeanor counts of submitting fraudulent signatures on a ballot petition. O’Brady is the last of the four staffers to be arraigned; the other three, Don Yowchuang, Mary Melissa Turnbull, and Paul Seewald, were arraigned on similar charges on August 10th.
Republican Staffers Charged With 36 Counts of Election Fraud (http://lawsonry.com/2012/09/republican-staffers-charged-with-36-counts-of-election-fraud/)

Got a spare hour to read a list?

DEMOCRATS Arrested and/or Convicted of Voter Fraudhttp://specfriggintacular.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/democrats-arrested-andor-convicted-of-voter-fraud/

texmaster
09-23-2012, 10:44 PM
We need voter ID...glad you finally agree.

Exactly right. No one believes either party is immune from voter fraud thats why we want voter ID

patrickt
09-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Uh...I don't think Voter ID would stop the type of election fraud that these gentlemen pled guilty to...

I see. You're only opposed to some voter fraud. Feel free to make suggestions to stop this sort of voter fraud while you sign on to stopping other types of voter fraud with photo ID laws.

It is sad when people see voting fraud as a right, a tradition, and a source of liberal humor. Election Day is called Resurrection Day in some places because the dead rise up and vote. And there's the popular giggle with "vote early and vote often". Some people involved in election law violations are quite blatant because they feel quite safe. Voter intimidation comes to mind as do the union thugs in the hotel in Wisconsin registering to vote in the recall election using the hotel as their address. My personal favorite are the gangs that hit nursing homes with already completed ballots to extort signatures from elderly patients with dementia.

Agravan
09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Many libs thought it was funny that Acorn got away with so much. To us it doesn't matter which side, it's wrong no matter what.

Thing is, the left expects us to start defending these fraudsters as vigorously as they do so that they can call us hypocrites. You guys are deflating his expectations by calling for the prosecution of these idiots, as do I.
The left will never learn that we, on the right, actually do believe in personal responsibility and mean it when we say to hold people accountable for their actions. This type of occurrence on the left is not only not called out, it's actually used as a resume enhancer.

Mainecoons
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Nice try but fake signatures on a nominating petition is not the same as ballot box fraud.

Don't bother to try again. This was truly lame. :grin:

patrickt
09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Conservatives have to understand that liberals actually understood Whoopie Goldberg when she said in defense of Roman Polanski, "There is rape and then there's rape-rape." That means is a liberal did it then it should be illegal. So, for the liberals there election fraud and election fraud-fraud. If a liberal does it then it is legal and not wrong.

But, if I weren't an atheist I would say that Czernobog posted arguably the most accurate thread title he's ever had.

Czernobog
09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I see. You're only opposed to some voter fraud. Feel free to make suggestions to stop this sort of voter fraud while you sign on to stopping other types of voter fraud with photo ID laws.

It is sad when people see voting fraud as a right, a tradition, and a source of liberal humor. Election Day is called Resurrection Day in some places because the dead rise up and vote. And there's the popular giggle with "vote early and vote often". Some people involved in election law violations are quite blatant because they feel quite safe. Voter intimidation comes to mind as do the union thugs in the hotel in Wisconsin registering to vote in the recall election using the hotel as their address. My personal favorite are the gangs that hit nursing homes with already completed ballots to extort signatures from elderly patients with dementia.

No. I'm against all voter fraud. But, even Republican studies have found that In Person voter fraud - the only​ type of voter fraud that Voter ID "protects" us from - happens so rarely as to be determined a statistical impossiblity. The laws that you are so fond of are a solution in search of a problem.

coolwalker
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
It is a step in the right direction , unless you want to revert to the old Boss Tweed days...you know, those pesky democrats from NYC.

Cigar
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM

Four former staffers for resigned House Rep. Thaddeus McCotter have been charged with 36 counts of misdemeanor and felony election fraud. Yesterday one of those staffers, Lorianne O達rady, pled not guilty to five misdemeanor counts of submitting fraudulent signatures on a ballot petition. O達rady is the last of the four staffers to be arraigned; the other three, Don Yowchuang, Mary Melissa Turnbull, and Paul Seewald, were arraigned on similar charges on August 10th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdk55dLsFhc&feature=player_embedded

patrickt
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
No. I'm against all voter fraud. But, even Republican studies have found that In Person voter fraud - the only​ type of voter fraud that Voter ID "protects" us from - happens so rarely as to be determined a statistical impossiblity. The laws that you are so fond of are a solution in search of a problem.

Tell me, Czernobog, if I go in and say, "I'm John B. Kelly and I want to vote." I give my address I'm registered, and I vote. Now, I'm not John B. Kelly. He's deceased. Since John Kelly won't be coming in to vote, how will anyone ever know that I voted illegally? And, if the people who should be checking are Democrats, they won't even check.

Election fraud is significant enough to effect elections. Why did President obama pay ACORN $800,000 to produce bogus registrations if they're not being used?