PDA

View Full Version : You decide

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Is Bernie a spoiler? Is he crying foul with no merit? Should he bail out? Should he start some reconciliation talks? You thoughts?

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/23/bernie_insults_voters_he_must_drop_notion_that_eve ryone_who_disagrees_with_him_is_corrupt_or_a_dupe/

Peter1469
05-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Bernie actually represents the values of the mainstream democratic voter.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Bernie actually represents the values of the mainstream democratic voter.So why then is he so far behind Hillary?

Peter1469
05-26-2016, 05:42 PM
The establishment has a lot of power.

del
05-26-2016, 05:43 PM
because hillary's already been paid for

PolWatch
05-26-2016, 05:45 PM
I have been very surprised that Sanders has lasted so long and done so well. I thought he & ice cubes in Hell had a lot in common. Is he a spoiler? I don't know. I suspect he will end up throwing his support to Clinton. I don't know how many of his supporters will do that.

I wonder if he has been so successful because the others appear to be doing the Texas Two Step on issues & their records. Sanders is consistent and that (in this election) makes him stand out. I kinda like him.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:46 PM
The establishment has a lot of power.Peter, that is nothing in the way of support for your comment. I am a mainstream Democrat and I have friends with similar credentials and they feel especially now, a vote for Hillary is our only hope for some stability.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:49 PM
I have been very surprised that Sanders has lasted so long and done so well. I thought he & ice cubes in Hell had a lot in common. Is he a spoiler? I don't know. I suspect he will end up throwing his support to Clinton. I don't know how many of his supporters will do that.

I wonder if he has been so successful because the others appear to be doing the Texas Two Step on issues & their records. Sanders is consistent and that (in this election) makes him stand out. I kinda like him. You have no problem with sending EVERY one who want's it to college on your dollar for instance. Yes? We can afford that?

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:50 PM
because hillary's already been paid forVery non specific.

del
05-26-2016, 05:51 PM
You have no problem with sending EVERY one who want's it to college on your dollar for instance. Yes? We can afford that?

there's really no need to lie, jimbo.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/its-time-to-make-college-tuition-free-and-debt-free/

del
05-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Very non specific.

you misspelled accurate

tighten up, old timer

PolWatch
05-26-2016, 05:53 PM
You have no problem with sending EVERY one who want's it to college on your dollar for instance. Yes? We can afford that?

Georgia seems to be doing that now. They were smart enough to route their lottery money into their education funds instead of the general funds. I think we need to quit looking at higher education as a luxury. Its an investment in the future of the nation.

hanger4
05-26-2016, 05:54 PM
So why then is he so far behind Hillary?

DNC superdelegates.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 05:58 PM
you misspelled accurate

tighten up, old timerWhere did I use the word accurate and misspell it, mr spellcheck?

Peter1469
Peter, that is nothing in the way of support for your comment. I am a mainstream Democrat and I have friends with similar credentials and they feel especially now, a vote for Hillary is our only hope for some stability.

Hillary doesn't represent the views of mainstream grass roots democrats.

AZ Jim
DNC superdelegates.Super delegates are chosen how?

del
05-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Where did I use the word accurate and misspell it, mr spellcheck?

:rofl:

take a nap

Tahuyaman
05-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Super delegates are chosen how?

They aren't choosen through a democratic process.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Hillary doesn't represent the views of mainstream grass roots democrats.I suggest you somehow support that statement as a mainstream Democrat!

del
05-26-2016, 06:01 PM
hillary combines the likeability of mitt romney with the honesty and humility of richard nixon.

she's a perfect candidate

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
They aren't choosen through a democratic process.Wrong, they are chosen based upon popular vote within their sphere of influence.

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Repeating, what should Bernie do?

del
05-26-2016, 06:04 PM
he should stay in, of course.

hanger4
05-26-2016, 06:05 PM

Superdelegates aren't chosen by the primary/caucus voters if that's what you mean ??

AZ Jim
05-26-2016, 06:06 PM
I have to leave for awhile, please continue....

Tahuyaman
05-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Wrong, they are chosen based upon popular vote within their sphere of influence.

You have no idea how super delegates are selected and by whom.

hanger4
05-26-2016, 06:09 PM
"superdelegate" is a delegate to the Democratic National Convention who is seated automatically and chooses for whom they want to vote. These Democratic Party superdelegates include distinguished party leaders, and elected officials, including all Democratic members of the House and Senate and sitting Democratic governors. Other superdelegates are chosen during the primary season. Democratic superdelegates are free to support any candidate for the presidential nomination. This contrasts with convention "pledged" delegates who are selected based on the party primaries and caucuses in each U.S. state, in which voters choose among candidates for the party's presidential nomination. Because they are free to support anyone they want, superdelegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a presidential candidate who did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate

hanger4
05-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Wrong, they are chosen based upon popular vote within their sphere of influence.

Not true

zelmo1234
05-26-2016, 09:10 PM

Not by the will of the people, they get to decide themselves.

That is why in many states that Bernie actually won, he received fewer delegates.

zelmo1234
05-26-2016, 09:14 PM
What should Bernie do?

I think that Bernie is a sincere person, and understand what and who Hillary Clinton is.

He believes that she is wrong for the country. So if that is true and I have NO reason to doubt that, I think that he should take his case to the Convention and try to secure as many planks in the platform and as many changes to the corrupt DNC as possible.