PDA

View Full Version : Democrats and others. What do you think of the DNC's practices during this campaign?

donttread
05-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Super delegates, high ranking DNC members clearly admitting their bias and of anointing Hilary before the primaries were even underway .
Are their actions to work against your vote for Sanders meaning anything, acceptable ?
Keep in mind, although you may never have been told this, but it is legal for a democrat to denounce the DNC's practices or their goal to choose the nominee regardless of what voters feel.
In short you can disdain their practices and still support your favorite neocon, Hilary.

Peter1469
05-30-2016, 11:45 AM
The DNC needs a mechanism to correct errors by the voters.

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Clinton has a lead of a couple million popular votes.

Peter1469
05-30-2016, 12:22 PM
She is also a criminal.

Clinton has a lead of a couple million popular votes.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 12:24 PM
The superdelegate system is corrupt and needs to be altered to better reflect the votes of their states, or eliminated altogether.

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:26 PM
She is also a criminal.

Really? Convicted of what?

And what does that have to do with the DNC process?

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:27 PM
The superdelegate system is corrupt and needs to be altered to better reflect the votes of their states, or eliminated altogether.

It's worked quite well for the Dems. Why would they want to change it?

AZ Jim
05-30-2016, 12:27 PM
The DNC has had superdelegates since 1968, I see nothing wrong with it. It has served us within the party well for 48 years. Sanders is an Independent who used the Democrat party to be able to play in the game, now he doesn't like the party rules. He should go back to his little state and soak his head. He is a spoiler, a sneaky one at that. PS SD's are bound to any one candidate, they CHOOSE their candidate.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 12:29 PM
It's worked quite well for the Dems. Why would they want to change it?

I don't recall saying they wanted to change it.

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't recall saying they wanted to change it.

I didn't say they did. You said it

Peter1469
05-30-2016, 12:31 PM

The democrats won't do that. The last thing they want is what the voters wish. Unless the voters want what they want, that is.

Peter1469
05-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Really? Convicted of what?

And what does that have to do with the DNC process?

You will look silly with your front runner indicted for violations of the Espionage Act. Or, a partisan DoJ refusing to do its job, and then the FBI leaks the damning evidence. Either way, Hillary the criminal will be a liability for the party.

AZ Jim
05-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Hillary is the choice of the Democrats. End of discussion.

Green Arrow
I didn't say they did. You said it

No, I didn't. I said it should be changed or eliminated.

Green Arrow
Hillary is the choice of the Democrats. End of discussion.

If that's the case, then the Democrats will not be my choice in November.

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:37 PM
The democrats won't do that. The last thing they want is what the voters wish. Unless the voters want what they want, that is.

By a couple million votes, the voters want Clinton.

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:38 PM
You will look silly with your front runner indicted for violations of the Espionage Act. Or, a partisan DoJ refusing to do its job, and then the FBI leaks the damning evidence. Either way, Hillary the criminal will be a liability for the party.

Don't count your chickens

domer76
05-30-2016, 12:39 PM
No, I didn't. I said it should be changed or eliminated.

Good for you. They won't because it works for them. Get your tit out of the wringer and move on.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Good for you. They won't because it works for them. Get your tit out of the wringer and move on.

Nope. I'm going to continue making my voice heard and continue supporting candidates that oppose the system as is. Maine has already taken steps to put an end to it, starting in 2020 Maine's superdelegates will be allocated based on the state's vote. Others will follow.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 12:54 PM
By a couple million votes, the voters want Clinton.

That's impossible to say because the popular vote is not counted in caucus states - Sanders won those.

domer76
05-30-2016, 01:01 PM
That's impossible to say because the popular vote is not counted in caucus states - Sanders won those.

You think a couple of million voted in the caucuses?

domer76
05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Nope. I'm going to continue making my voice heard and continue supporting candidates that oppose the system as is. Maine has already taken steps to put an end to it, starting in 2020 Maine's superdelegates will be allocated based on the state's vote. Others will follow.

Dandy. Clinton still wins.

AZ Jim
05-30-2016, 01:03 PM
The democrats won't do that. The last thing they want is what the voters wish. Unless the voters want what they want, that is.What the hell are you talking about? The voters made the votes that has Hillary ahead. The SD can change their minds at convention should they choose to do so. Go worry about the crooked schemes of the republicans.

AZ Jim
05-30-2016, 01:05 PM
If that's the case, then the Democrats will not be my choice in November.It will be tough but we'll survive. I'm sure trump will love having you.

Peter1469
05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The voters made the votes that has Hillary ahead. The SD can change their minds at convention should they choose to do so. Go worry about the crooked schemes of the republicans.

The republicans can do what they want. It doesn't affect me.

hanger4
05-30-2016, 02:08 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The voters made the votes that has Hillary ahead. The SD can change their minds at convention should they choose to do so. Go worry about the crooked schemes of the republicans.

And what RNC "crooked schemes" would that be ??

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 02:41 PM
You think a couple of million voted in the caucuses?

1.3 million voted in Washington state's caucus alone, so I don't see any reason why not.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Dandy. Clinton still wins.

The nomination, sure, but she loses the party and may very well lose the election altogether.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
It will be tough but we'll survive. I'm sure trump will love having you.

I'm not voting for Donald Trump.

domer76
05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
1.3 million voted in Washington state's caucus alone, so I don't see any reason why not.

All 1.3 million votes for Sanders, too

domer76
05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
The nomination, sure, but she loses the party and may very well lose the election altogether.

Counting chickens, too?

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 03:25 PM
All 1.3 million votes for Sanders, too

No. Are you being obtuse deliberately or is it something unavoidable?

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Counting chickens, too?

I don't live in Idaho, we don't count chickens here.

domer76
05-30-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't live in Idaho, we don't count chickens here.

Obviously, you can't count at all. Clinton has a couple million more votes and about 270+ more pledged delegates.

Common Sense
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the way either party chooses its leader. However neither are a government entity and are for all intents and purposes private organizations who are free to determine how they choose their leader.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm not a fan of the way either party chooses its leader. However neither are a government entity and are for all intents and purposes private organizations who are free to determine how they choose their leader.

Which would mean something if we had others to choose from. As long as they remain our only two viable choices, we need to have the right - all of us - to weigh in on how they choose our next leader and force changes to that process if we don't find it acceptable.

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Obviously, you can't count at all. Clinton has a couple million more votes and about 270+ more pledged delegates.

Yes, domer, she does. Anyone can parrot the facts, it takes real intellect to understand them. That's your struggle.

Again, the votes in caucuses are not counted. Bernie Sanders could very well have more popular votes than Hillary if those votes were counted - or Hillary could have an even bigger lead over him. Either way, the real popular vote total is impossible to determine because the popular vote is not counted in several races.

This is grade school stuff, not difficult to comprehend.

domer76
05-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Yes, domer, she does. Anyone can parrot the facts, it takes real intellect to understand them. That's your struggle.

Again, the votes in caucuses are not counted. Bernie Sanders could very well have more popular votes than Hillary if those votes were counted - or Hillary could have an even bigger lead over him. Either way, the real popular vote total is impossible to determine because the popular vote is not counted in several races.

This is grade school stuff, not difficult to comprehend.

Comprehend reality. If you can

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Comprehend reality. If you can

Everything I just said to you is reality.

donttread
05-30-2016, 08:01 PM
The DNC needs a mechanism to correct errors by the voters.

Now that sounds a bit a bit Orwellian

del
05-30-2016, 08:08 PM
The DNC has had superdelegates since 1968, I see nothing wrong with it. It has served us within the party well for 48 years. Sanders is an Independent who used the Democrat party to be able to play in the game, now he doesn't like the party rules. He should go back to his little state and soak his head. He is a spoiler, a sneaky one at that. PS SD's are bound to any one candidate, they CHOOSE their candidate.

you know less about bernie than you do about superdelegates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate#Origins