PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after exchange on Trump.....

MMC
05-31-2016, 06:26 PM
SiriusXM announced on Tuesday that it has suspended conservative pundit Glenn Beck’s radio program after he failed to distance himself from a guest’s controversial statements.

The satellite radio network said the suspension came in response to an interview Beck held last Wednesday. On “The Glenn Beck Program,” novelist Brad Thor said that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump poses an “extinction-level” threat to the United States and democracy.

Thor suggested that the public might need to resort to illegal means to thwart a hypothetical President Trump from violating the Constitution.

“I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask, as a thriller writer,” he said. “With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as president? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if… if he oversteps his mandate as president? His constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president.”

Beck did not immediately challenge or repudiate the comments. Instead, he simply responded (http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/05/25/brad-thor-glenn-beck-trump-tyrant/), “I would agree with you on that.”

“SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs,” it said. “However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended ‘The Glenn Beck Program’ from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values.”......snip~

https://www.yahoo.com/news/siriusxm-suspends-glenn-beck-over-guests-trump-comments-190242258.html

What do you think about this? Should Beck be suspended for his comment?

Private Pickle
05-31-2016, 06:54 PM
SiriusXM announced on Tuesday that it has suspended conservative pundit Glenn Beck’s radio program after he failed to distance himself from a guest’s controversial statements.

The satellite radio network said the suspension came in response to an interview Beck held last Wednesday. On “The Glenn Beck Program,” novelist Brad Thor said that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump poses an “extinction-level” threat to the United States and democracy.

Thor suggested that the public might need to resort to illegal means to thwart a hypothetical President Trump from violating the Constitution.

“I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask, as a thriller writer,” he said. “With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as president? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if… if he oversteps his mandate as president? His constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president.”

Beck did not immediately challenge or repudiate the comments. Instead, he simply responded (http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/05/25/brad-thor-glenn-beck-trump-tyrant/), “I would agree with you on that.”

“SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs,” it said. “However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended ‘The Glenn Beck Program’ from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values.”......snip~

https://www.yahoo.com/news/siriusxm-suspends-glenn-beck-over-guests-trump-comments-190242258.html

Beck wasn't suspended for his comment. Beck was suspended cause he has shitty ratings. If Beck was Limbaugh or Stern and said the same thing it would just be another Tuesday. But because Beck has failed to deliver on ratings with any of the media outlets he has been with he is now suspended and Sirius gets to use his suspension as a attention getter for more ratings... The ratings Beck failed to deliver in the first place.

By the way...this isn't politics...this is entertainment and marketing 101.

Tahuyaman
05-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Beck wasn't suspended for his comment. Beck was suspended cause he has $#@!ty ratings. If Beck was Limbaugh or Stern and said the same thing it would just be another Tuesday. But because Beck has failed to deliver on ratings with any of the media outlets he has been with he is now suspended and Sirius gets to use his suspension as a attention getter for more ratings... The ratings Beck failed to deliver in the first place.

I've never listened to his program and I have no idea where he stands in the ratings, but I suspect you are right.

The left has tried to get Limbaugh off the air for the things he sometimes says for decades now. He generates a lot of listeners, so those efforts have always failed.

Captain Obvious
05-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Beck wasn't suspended for his comment. Beck was suspended cause he has shitty ratings. If Beck was Limbaugh or Stern and said the same thing it would just be another Tuesday. But because Beck has failed to deliver on ratings with any of the media outlets he has been with he is now suspended and Sirius gets to use his suspension as a attention getter for more ratings... The ratings Beck failed to deliver in the first place.

Beck is hideously unlistenable.

This could all be a backroom publicity stunt too, morons will be "like wow...".

del
05-31-2016, 07:17 PM
like, wow

zelmo1234
05-31-2016, 07:45 PM
I think in this situation, the Suspension is justified.

There are just too many nut jobs out there.

The Xl
05-31-2016, 07:59 PM
Beck is being suspended because he's a fading star. If he was still relevant, he probably would not have been suspended.

del
05-31-2016, 08:02 PM
i bet both of his listeners are outraged

Captain Obvious
05-31-2016, 08:03 PM
i bet both of his listeners are outraged

Those special edition Constitution re-prints will be worth tons now

del
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Those special edition Constitution re-prints will be worth tons now

i traded mine for food insurance, dammit

Subdermal
05-31-2016, 10:44 PM
I think getting Beck's screws simply loose would be a massive improvement in his psychological stability.

exotix
05-31-2016, 10:59 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/drunken-peasants-podcast/images/8/88/Glenn-beck-crying.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150820231109http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2011/08/GlennBeckCrying.jpg

Mini Me
05-31-2016, 11:22 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/drunken-peasants-podcast/images/8/88/Glenn-beck-crying.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150820231109http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2011/08/GlennBeckCrying.jpg

Now, just watch! The Beckerheads will get their nuts all in a twist!

Ben Gleck, the champion of idiocy!

texan
05-31-2016, 11:32 PM
Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Mac-7
05-31-2016, 11:55 PM
I think everyone here is whistling past the graveyard while looking for excuses to support political censorship.

if the faceless lib puppeteers at this network can do it to beck they can do it to anyone and probably will.

donttread
06-01-2016, 06:25 AM

Well since almost no one has stood against Bush or Obama's overstepping the Constitution my guess is no one.