PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Democrat expresses her opinion about the Declaration of Independence

krunch
06-01-2016, 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNiiFOj2lEc

-Shreveport) said on the House floor last week that the Declaration of Independence is racist.
Norton made the remarks in opposition to a bill that would require all public school students in Louisiana to learn and recite this portion of the founding document:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Norton and fellow representative Pat Smith (D-Baton Rouge) argued that because the declaration was written at a time when slavery existed in the United States, its statements are false.
“One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal.
When I think back in 1776, July the 4th, African-Americans were slaves, and for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the Declaration, I think is a little bit unfair to us to ask those children to recite something that’s not the truth.”
Norton also might want to look into retaking an English grammar class, based on this next statement:
“For the Declaration of Independence, only Caucasians was free. And for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the declaration, I think it’s a little bit unfair,” Norton said.

“Fox and Friends” welcomed conservative author and commentator Deneen Borelli on its show last week to discuss Norton’s stance. She argued that Norton’s party is the one with a history of discrimination, slavery, and KKK support.
“For her to be attacking the Declaration of Independence, that is attacking liberty. That’s attacking freedom. Why not attack the history of the Democratic Party, which she is a member of?” Borelli said. “I find it is selective outrage on her part.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOwPIFnMDI

Democrats are the real problem in this country

Common Sense
06-01-2016, 07:32 AM
It's a silly argument but she has a point. The founders may have stated that all men are created equal, but clearly they either didn't mean it or they didn't consider black people men.

I'm surprised more women weren't upset with the phrasing.

It's hardly an attack on the Declaration. She said she thinks it's "a little bit unfair". But thank god Fox was there to clarify...

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Ouch!

Such liberal stupidity is painful to listen to.

but this is the end result when the federal government demands that black people not be required to learn to read and write as in the case with Georgia Pacific in La. A few years ago.

Refugee
06-01-2016, 07:43 AM
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

I'm sure they didn't mean this

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that Black Lives Matter, that they are endowed by their Creator with mass welfare rights, that among these are affirmative action, gay marriage, and cronyism. That to secure these rights, the 1% politicians are instituted among LGBTs, deriving their just powers from the consent of rioters.”

Cigar
06-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Even The Bible ca be interpolated dozens of ways :rollseyes:

Look ... how many Republicans in The Year 2016 who except a Man in a Wig as serious :laugh:

Times Change, People Change, but Conservatives remain the same.

Common Sense
06-01-2016, 07:50 AM

I'm sure they didn't mean this

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that Black Lives Matter, that they are endowed by their Creator with mass welfare rights, that among these are affirmative action, gay marriage, and cronyism. That to secure these rights, the 1% politicians are instituted among LGBTs, deriving their just powers from the consent of rioters.”

:rollseyes:

Maybe stick to facilitating Communism.

silvereyes
06-01-2016, 09:20 AM

-Shreveport) said on the House floor last week that the Declaration of Independence is racist.
Norton made the remarks in opposition to a bill that would require all public school students in Louisiana to learn and recite this portion of the founding document:

Norton and fellow representative Pat Smith (D-Baton Rouge) argued that because the declaration was written at a time when slavery existed in the United States, its statements are false.
When I think back in 1776, July the 4th, African-Americans were slaves, and for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the Declaration, I think is a little bit unfair to us to ask those children to recite something that’s not the truth.”
Norton also might want to look into retaking an English grammar class, based on this next statement:
“For the Declaration of Independence, only Caucasians was free. And for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the declaration, I think it’s a little bit unfair,” Norton said.

“Fox and Friends” welcomed conservative author and commentator Deneen Borelli on its show last week to discuss Norton’s stance. She argued that Norton’s party is the one with a history of discrimination, slavery, and KKK support.
“For her to be attacking the Declaration of Independence, that is attacking liberty. That’s attacking freedom. Why not attack the history of the Democratic Party, which she is a member of?” Borelli said. “I find it is selective outrage on her part.”

Its sad and pathetic that the pubs hate their fellow Americans.

Now: who EXACTLY is dividing this country? Hint: it ain't Obama.

Now Come at me with an assinine insult. Its what you dumbfuck do best. Whine, cry, and beller.

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 09:26 AM

Now Come at me with an assinine insult. Its what you dumb$#@! do best. Whine, cry, and beller.

Ha!

this stupid black woman wants children to remain ignorant of one of the most inspiring political documents in world history.

she is the hater

Subdermal
06-01-2016, 09:45 AM
:facepalm:

This woman clearly doesn't understand the difference between 'created' and 'treated'.

I know it's only one letter different, but it is worlds different in practical application.

The blame doesn't fall on the DoI. It falls on the shortcomings of man - and those specific shortcomings at this point are nearly entirely historical, and have been replaced with another specific shortcoming.

In the past, the shortcoming was the inability of humans to see those of another race as equals. This shortcoming was not the trait of all humans; just plenty of them.

Now, that weakness is not much on display - but the desire to keep such injustice alive has been harnessed by social justice warriors (SJWs) to advance a political - not racial - agenda. Blacks are being used by SJWs, even SJWs of their own race - charlatans like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton - to keep the feelings of racism alive in an attempt to keep them voting like a school of fish for a very particular ideology: progressivism.

Progressivism cares out black lives only to the extent that they vote for their political gains.

MisterVeritis
06-01-2016, 09:51 AM
It's a silly argument but she has a point. The founders may have stated that all men are created equal, but clearly they either didn't mean it or they didn't consider black people men.

It's hardly an attack on the Declaration. She said she thinks it's "a little bit unfair". But thank god Fox was there to clarify...
She is a kook.

Neither she nor you know your history.

MisterVeritis
06-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Look ... how many Republicans in The Year 2016 who except a Man in a Wig as serious :laugh:

Was this your effort at a "stream of consciousness"?

Bible...2016...men in wigs...times...people...Conservatives.
Awesome.

How have people changed over the last, say, 300 years?

MisterVeritis
06-01-2016, 09:57 AM

Now Come at me with an assinine insult. Its what you dumb$#@! do best. Whine, cry, and beller.
This was sloppy. You are slipping.

Tahuyaman
06-01-2016, 10:07 AM

what a hoot.

The best part.... Dr Martin Luther King wasn't alive on July 4 1776.

I'm sure she's considered a shining light of intelligence within the Democratic party.

maineman
06-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Ha!

this stupid black woman wants children to remain ignorant of one of the most inspiring political documents in world history.

she is the hater

would you agree that it is a little bizarre to expect that black children recite a document talking about all men being created equal that was written when their very own ancestors were NOT considered men, but were considered property?

Perhaps the Preamble to the Constitution might be a little less hypocritical?

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

krunch
06-01-2016, 12:27 PM
would you agree that it is a little bizarre to expect that black children recite a document talking about all men being created equal that was written when their very own ancestors were NOT considered men, but were considered property?

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

That argument might have held water in 1776-1865, but not anymore.

maineman
06-01-2016, 12:42 PM
That argument might have held water in 1776-1865, but not anymore.

yeah... because whites were created as equally liable to be hanging as strange fruit from lynching trees throughout the south for sixty years or so after the Emancipation Proclamation. Oh but wait... that's not the case, is it?

krunch
06-01-2016, 12:45 PM
yeah... because whites were created as equally liable to be hanging as strange fruit from lynching trees throughout the south for sixty years or so after the Emancipation Proclamation. Oh but wait... that's not the case, is it?

And what excuse are blacks using now? It's always something, isn't it?

silvereyes
06-01-2016, 01:44 PM
This was sloppy. You are slipping.

Lucky for me I don't aim to please you. Dummy. ;)

silvereyes
06-01-2016, 01:56 PM

You think that you're so damned smart...you tell us that answer. Be specific.

krunch
06-01-2016, 02:00 PM
You think that you're so damned smart...you tell us that answer. Be specific.

Blacks have all the rights that everyone else does, plus they have Affirmative Action and they still can't seem to keep up with the rest of society.

All people may be created equal, but some of them excel on their own merits, while others need special government programs to even feed and clothe themselves.

And yeah, I am damn smart. Deal with it.

maineman
06-01-2016, 02:21 PM

who said they're using any excuse now? The point is... it's a quote from a point in time in our history... written by men who owned black people as property. One ought to be able to imagine that that might be a bit galling to read that "created equal" part if the roots of one's family tree were planted in slavery where the people proclaiming this "equality" were the same ones owning you ancestors. Why not use the preamble? Just as nice... nowhere near as insulting.

and I don't think you're all that fucking smart. Get over yourself.

krunch
06-01-2016, 03:01 PM
who said they're using any excuse now? The point is... it's a quote from a point in time in our history... written by men who owned black people as property. One ought to be able to imagine that that might be a bit galling to read that "created equal" part if the roots of one's family tree were planted in slavery where the people proclaiming this "equality" were the same ones owning you ancestors. Why not use the preamble? Just as nice... nowhere near as insulting.

and I don't think you're all that $#@!ing smart. Get over yourself.

Hey, my mom says I am special!

Safety
06-01-2016, 03:07 PM
:facepalm:

This woman clearly doesn't understand the difference between 'created' and 'treated'.

I know it's only one letter different, but it is worlds different in practical application.

The blame doesn't fall on the DoI. It falls on the shortcomings of man - and those specific shortcomings at this point are nearly entirely historical, and have been replaced with another specific shortcoming.

In the past, the shortcoming was the inability of humans to see those of another race as equals. This shortcoming was not the trait of all humans; just plenty of them.

Now, that weakness is not much on display - but the desire to keep such injustice alive has been harnessed by social justice warriors (SJWs) to advance a political - not racial - agenda. Blacks are being used by SJWs, even SJWs of their own race - charlatans like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton - to keep the feelings of racism alive in an attempt to keep them voting like a school of fish for a very particular ideology: progressivism.

Progressivism cares out black lives only to the extent that they vote for their political gains.

:biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
06-01-2016, 03:08 PM

https://stephtaylor01.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/optimism3.png

Safety
06-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Blacks have all the rights that everyone else does, plus they have Affirmative Action and they still can't seem to keep up with the rest of society.

All people may be created equal, but some of them excel on their own merits, while others need special government programs to even feed and clothe themselves.

And yeah, I am damn smart. Deal with it.

Awww, a 400 year head start in America is considered equal to you? Ask the poor fine folks in Kentucky who feeds and clothes them, guess what, 98% are not black.....

maineman
06-01-2016, 03:12 PM

all moms say that.

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Just when you think Liberals have pegged the stupid meter, another one finds a way to exceed the last moronic stance made.

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:17 PM

Just what we need; a Canadian to tell us what the phrasing means.

For those with only half a brain the intent is clear regardless of the nature of the times. The declaration is self evident and as true today as it was then.

Cigar
06-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Just when you think Liberals have pegged the stupid meter, another one finds a way to exceed the last moronic stance made.

What it feel like watching a Democratic Inauguration? :grin:

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Still struggling with the English language I see. No surprise from someone who supports the party of the KKK and racists.

Yessir, today low information voting fools still support the DNC regardless of the lack of progress to bring prosperity to all and their desire to keep the black man on the plantation within urban sewers.

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:21 PM

That's a liberal leftist goal; still don't get it do you? :biglaugh:

Cigar
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Still struggling with the English language I see. No surprise from someone who supports the party of the KKK and racists.

Yessir, today low information voting fools still support the DNC regardless of the lack of progress to bring prosperity to all and their desire to keep the black man on the plantation within urban sewers.

That's ok, I'll stick with my Bank Account and you stick with yours ... and we'll both be happy. :grin:

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM

Yep; in Liberal loony land, Obama hasn't been the divisive moron that never seeks an opportunity to demagogue the opposition and turn just about everything on racism. DUMB.

Eight years into this moron's presidency and low information lefties still blame Republicans. More proof they lack basic intelligence and comprehension skills.

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:25 PM

I think it is painfully stupid and moronic to suggest that those words relate to racism. But alas, I am responding to a genius who still votes for the party of latent racists. Now THAT is a hoot! :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:26 PM

This makes ZERO sense; but it is your typical babble that we have come to be so familiar with. DUMB.

Truth Detector
06-01-2016, 03:28 PM

and I don't think you're all that $#@!ing smart. Get over yourself.

This is rather ironic given the stupidity you constantly erupt with as exhibited above. Perhaps you need to get over yourself and be far less enamored by your presumed intellect?

Refugee
06-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Yes, maybe you’re right. Don’t you just love these little video gems though, you know, where you don’t get it, the presenter doesn’t understand what they’ve said and fellow liberals scratch their heads and wonder why the rest of the world is laughing? Thanks for the entertainment :smiley:

MisterVeritis
06-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Lucky for me I don't aim to please you. Dummy. ;)
Maybe not. But you should. :wink:

Common Sense
06-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Yes, maybe you’re right. Don’t you just love these little video gems though, you know, where you don’t get it, the presenter doesn’t understand what they’ve said and fellow liberals scratch their heads and wonder why the rest of the world is laughing? Thanks for the entertainment :smiley:

Do the Chinese filters not catch those on Youtube?

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Awww, a 400 year head start in America is considered equal to you? Ask the poor fine folks in Kentucky who feeds and clothes them, guess what, 98% are not black.....

You are a 400 year old failure?

Thats sad.

but if you live long enough you may still get it together

Safety
06-01-2016, 07:18 PM

Thats sad.

You're trying too hard, beta.

donttread
06-01-2016, 07:21 PM

The founders could not remove slavery , they were not powerful enough and some of them even owned slaves. I make no excuses for them on that.
However they left the Constitution open to support all men and all people being treated equally. Otherwise they'd of said "all white males are created equally "

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Thats sad.

You're trying too hard, beta.

Could be.

but after 400 years of failure maybe you aren't trying hard enough

Safety
06-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Could be.

but after 400 years of failure maybe you aren't trying hard enough

Sounds like a challenge, what are you offering?

Archer0915
06-01-2016, 07:35 PM

All men are created equal but it is others who affect how they are treated.

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Sounds like a challenge, what are you offering?

A challenge?

Are you about to tell us how big your penis is?

you were babbling about the 400 year excuse for black failure.

and I think you should have learned a little in all that time.

Safety
06-01-2016, 07:49 PM
A challenge?

Are you about to tell us how big your penis is?

you were babbling about the 400 year excuse for black failure.

and I think you should have learned a little in all that time.

I don't need to tell you, because it scares betas.

Mac-7
06-01-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't need to tell you, because it scares betas.

No danger there.

When its a lib on the internet I expect to hear a lie