PDA

View Full Version : 50% say Hillary should keep running if indicted

Peter1469
06-01-2016, 05:54 PM
50% say Hillary should keep running if indicted (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicte d)

A Rasmussen poll says half say Hillary should run after she is indicted. Of course democrats are much higher than half while others are much lower than half.

Most continue to believe likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is a lawbreaker, but half of all voters also say a felony indictment shouldn’t stop her campaign for the presidency.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters think Clinton should immediately stop campaigning if she is charged with a felony in connection with her use of a private e-mail server while secretary of State. Fifty percent (50%), however, think she should continue running until a court determines her guilt or innocence. (To see survey question wording, click here (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/questions/pt_survey_questions/may_2016/questions_hillary_clinton_e_mail_may_29_30_2016).)

Voters were evenly divided on this question in January (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2016/do_voters_think_a_candidate_should_quit_if_indicte d), but at that time we didn’t include the name of any candidate.

Among Democratic voters, 71% believe Clinton should keep running, a view shared by only 30% of Republicans and 46% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

Forty percent (40%) of all voters say they are less likely to vote for Clinton because of the e-mail issue, while nearly half (48%) say it will have no impact on their vote. Just eight percent (8%) say the issue makes them more likely to vote for the former first lady.

Sixty-five percent (65%) consider it likely that Clinton broke the law by sending and receiving e-mails containing classified information through a private e-mail server while serving as secretary of State. This includes 47% who say it’s Very Likely. These findings are unchanged from January (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2016/how_likely_is_hillary_clinton_to_be_indicted). Thirty percent (30%) still say Clinton is unlikely to have broken the law with the e-mail arrangement, with 16% who say it’s Not At All Likely.

Read more at the link.

Private Pickle
06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Well this is why the political elite are immune from the law. Because the people who support them want them to be immune. It's really our fault as a people and a citizenry of a nation. I think that's really where we are coming up short these days. The people of the United States are more concerned with being right politically than they are with being citizens of this country.

I see a lot of civil strife in our future. Especially if Trump is elected....and I'm not saying that's a bad thing...

Private Pickle
06-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Not that this is a problem centric to the U.S. We see this problem in just about every country on Earth. Turkey right now is going through a pivotal change and if we don't intervene and yes...I'm for American interventionism when it makes sense...then we could see a hardcore Islamic State on the footsteps of Europe.

People don't think Germany could possibly go to 1936 again....just watch....

zelmo1234
06-01-2016, 06:03 PM
We have become a nation of men and not of law.

So why not. She believes that she is above the law. And so do her supporters.

But they will cry like babies when the little guy gets railroaded by the law

Captain Obvious
06-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Her supporters are mostly idiots.

I've said this before, the voting populace is comprised of, roughly, 50% drooling idiots who shouldn't have any rights whatsoever, 30% middle-of-the-road, somewhat informed/misinformed voters and 20% capable of making a rational decision.

This applies to all across the political spectrum.

valley ranch
06-01-2016, 06:40 PM
drooling idiots~That's good!

Peter1469
06-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Her supporters her agree with you 100%.

Her supporters are mostly idiots.

I've said this before, the voting populace is comprised of, roughly, 50% drooling idiots who shouldn't have any rights whatsoever, 30% middle-of-the-road, somewhat informed/misinformed voters and 20% capable of making a rational decision.

This applies to all across the political spectrum.

Cletus
06-01-2016, 06:50 PM
50% say Hillary should keep running if indicted (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicte d)

A Rasmussen poll says half say Hillary should run after she is indicted.

I agree. Let her run, then turn the Marshal Service loose to track her down.

Peter1469
06-01-2016, 06:54 PM
I agree. Let her run, then turn the Marshal Service loose to track her down.

We could put a bounty on her hide.

Captain Obvious
06-01-2016, 06:55 PM
We could put a bounty on her hide.

There's a lot of it too lately.

Common
06-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Its the ones that didnt say she has to worry about. She will always get the hyper partisans that wouldnt care if she killed BIll they wouldnt want her to drop out. Its the more reasonable intelligent democrats and independents she has to worry about

Quicksilver
06-02-2016, 04:39 AM
Another post from the alternate universe...

Peter1469
06-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Another post from the alternate universe...

Ignorant people think that Rasmussen is from an alternative universe. :shocked:

Quicksilver
06-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Ignorant people think that Rasmussen is from an alternative universe. :shocked:

I think you are the President of the alternate universe.

Truth Detector
06-02-2016, 06:50 AM

A Rasmussen poll says half say Hillary should run after she is indicted. Of course democrats are much higher than half while others are much lower than half.

Read more at the link.

More proof that what Romney said was 100% accurate; 47% of the country have their heads up their bungholes and are too stupid to think for themselves.

Cigar
06-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Keep Hope Alive :grin:

Common Sense
06-02-2016, 07:10 AM
The interesting part of the OP that has gone ignored is this...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2016/do_voters_think_a_candidate_should_quit_if_indicte d

"Forty-six percent (46%) of all Likely U.S. Voters think a political candidate who is charged with a felony while running for office should immediately stop campaigning. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just as many (47%) feel that candidate should continue running until a court determines their guilt or innocence."

Seems to cross party lines.

Truth Detector
06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Seems to cross party lines.

Wrong: It is important to note that Rasmussen Reports did not include the name of any candidate or include any details in the question that would suggest a specific individual.

Wrong: Fifty-four percent (54%) of Republicans think a candidate charged with a felony should stop campaigning at once

Among Democrats, those findings are reversed: Only 40% say the candidate should quit campaigning

In other words; Democrats are fine with corrupt criminal politicians as long as it is THEIR guy. :biglaugh:

Peter1469
06-02-2016, 02:53 PM
I think you are the President of the alternate universe.

Please don't misuse the term think.