PDA

View Full Version : Trump University Was a Scam Just Like the Trump Campaign

Cigar
06-02-2016, 07:58 AM
“My whole life I’ve been greedy, greedy, greedy,” Donald Trump has said. “I’ve grabbed all the money I could get. I’m so greedy. But now I want to be greedy for the United States.” This is his pitch to the public — not that he is a saint, but a shrewd and effective businessman who is now eager to apply his talents to the public good, to make his success ours. There are innumerable flaws in Trump’s proposal, but perhaps the most glaring and easily understood is that Trump has made this same promise before. It was the pitch behind Trump University — the great business genius will share his knowledge with you, helping you become rich. And Trump University was a total scam.

The Trump University scam was a way to prey on the vulnerability of economic strivers. The “university” published advertisements, which Trump personally approved, promising that its courses would somehow enable students to unlock vast wealth through the housing market. The ads varied, depending on conditions at the moment — in 2007, it used the housing boom as evidence of the potential for wealth. By 2008, it was using the housing bust as evidence of the same. (Trump dismissed fears of the housing bubble before it burst.)

Images for Trump's ads here were found by BuzzFeed's Andrew Kaczynski:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/trump-university-a-scam-just-like-trump-campaign.html

http://media.cagle.com/118/2016/06/01/180099_600.jpg

zelmo1234
06-02-2016, 08:02 AM
I like a little Greed in my Business Leaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw

Cigar
06-02-2016, 08:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw

Donald Trump is not a Business Leader nor will he ever be The President ofThe United States :laugh:

zelmo1234
06-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Donald Trump is not a Business Leader nor will he ever be The President ofThe United States :laugh:

of course he is a business leader and in the things that can be measured, he is very, very successful.

Of course the left knows this, and they fear that. So they keep taking pot shots. But it is usually turned back on them because Hillary is so corrupt and has a 100% record of failure.

Now you being a democrat support things that fail, it is in your nature, I understand that. but I think as in the movie speech that I posted, Greed is good and will save the USA

Common
06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zaUew9N.jpg

Truth Detector
06-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Did Trump University force any of these students to attend their classes and pay the fees? Of course not.

Was this entirely up to the consumer to decide whether or not to attend? Of course.

Was there any guarantee, or is there any by ANY university, that promises you success if you attend and/or graduate? Of course not.

Another moronic talking point the gullible shills on the left parrot without thinking. :biglaugh:

Cigar
06-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Did Trump University force any of these students to attend their classes and pay the fees? Of course not.

Was this entirely up to the consumer to decide whether or not to attend? Of course.

Was there any guarantee, or is there any by ANY university, that promises you success if you attend and/or graduate? Of course not.

Another moronic talking point the gullible shills on the left parrot without thinking. :biglaugh:

NAME ONE INDIVIDUAL HARMED BY HILLARY CLINTON'S EMAILS ... :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-02-2016, 08:50 AM

It wasn't an individual, it was the whole nation. There are a few good men in Benghazi that are no longer here thanks to her stupidity as well. But what does it matter right? You can't get your head far enough up her hiney!! :biglaugh:

Cigar
06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
It wasn't an individual, it was the whole nation. There are a few good men in Benghazi that are no longer here thanks to her stupidity as well. But what does it matter right? You can't get your head far enough up her hiney!! :biglaugh:

Ok ... HOW where YOU Personally Impacted?

Chris
06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
One might compare Hillary's emails to Snowden's disclosures and ask the same questions, like who was harmed, you?

But back to topic, seems some ex-students felt scammed, while others felt it was worthwhile.

waltky
06-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Sounds like it was run like the old Arthur Murray dance studios of old.

birddog
06-02-2016, 09:59 AM

We need Trump as president, we don't have one now!

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:08 AM

That was an excellent speech! "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

It is a shame we don't make more effort to teach this to our children.

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Look around you. Hell, look in the mirror.

Every one of us has been harmed in secret ways. She should be tried, convicted and executed for the enormous harm she caused while committing criminal act after criminal act.

Quicksilver
06-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Poor Donald.... He simply cannot take the heat... and it's going to get worse. He is not used to being under scrutiny and I predict his head will explode long before November.

Cigar
06-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Look around you. Hell, look in the mirror.

Every one of us has been harmed in secret ways. She should be tried, convicted and executed for the enormous harm she caused while committing criminal act after criminal act.

I don't feel one F'cking thing ... how about you?

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Poor Donald.... He simply cannot take the heat... and it's going to get worse. He is not used to being under scrutiny and I predict his head will explode long before November.
So...what have you been drinking this morning? I am in the mood for a little intoxication. Share your secret. :grin:

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't feel one F'cking thing ... how about you?
Yes. I feel a great sadness. The harm she did is difficult to calculate. How can one measure the loss of human intelligence from critical governments in critical areas? How can one measure the loss of our shadow warriors for several generations?

Real American warriors will pay the price in additional deaths and sacrifices because of the things we will not know but could have. H. R-Clinton's emails, I am certain, led to the capture, torture, and murder of people who were willing to spy for us. Not only are they gone, those who were not captured have, no doubt, moved away from a United States unwilling to protect their identities.

The damage will continue as long as Hillary is alive and free. It only begins to get better after the state tries, convicts and executes her.

Quicksilver
06-02-2016, 10:30 AM
So...what have you been drinking this morning? I am in the mood for a little intoxication. Share your secret. :grin:

Just my coffee dear..... One thing you can count on is Trumps enormous ego and his concern for his "Brand" and that is ALL he cares about. Once he feels his "Brand" is being destroyed beyond repair, he will be out of the race.. This isn't about civic duty to his country.. this is a case of self aggrandizement.. Once it is not meeting his needs he will be off like a prom dress....count on it.

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:36 AM
So...what have you been drinking this morning? I am in the mood for a little intoxication. Share your secret.

Just my coffee dear..... One thing you can count on is Trumps enormous ego and his concern for his "Brand" and that is ALL he cares about. Once he feels his "Brand" is being destroyed beyond repair, he will be out of the race.. This isn't about civic duty to his country.. this is a case of self aggrandizement.. Once it is not meeting his needs he will be off like a prom dress....count on it.
My coffee doesn't affect me the way your coffee does you.

Trump. Underestimated. Sixteen other Republicans and thousands of goofy, liberal pundits agree with you. Just like you, they were all wrong. Count on it.

I recommend that you begin by saying, quietly at first, and perhaps only every other day, "President Trump."

domer76
06-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Yes. I feel a great sadness. The harm she did is difficult to calculate. How can one measure the loss of human intelligence from critical governments in critical areas? How can one measure the loss of our shadow warriors for several generations?

Real American warriors will pay the price in additional deaths and sacrifices because of the things we will not know but could have. H. R-Clinton's emails, I am certain, led to the capture, torture, and murder of people who were willing to spy for us. Not only are they gone, those who were not captured have, no doubt, moved away from a United States unwilling to protect their identities.

The damage will continue as long as Hillary is alive and free. It only begins to get better after the state tries, convicts and executes her.

Blood in the streets I tells ya'!

MisterVeritis
06-02-2016, 10:58 AM

Blood in the streets I tells ya'!
You and Cigar, peas in a pod.

Quicksilver
06-02-2016, 11:30 AM
I guess we shall just have to wait and see then.... won't we..

Cigar
06-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Republican Knee Pads

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChqEjiOXEAEJbko.jpg:medium