PDA

View Full Version : Could we have possibly scrapped the bottom of the barel any harder for this election

donttread
06-02-2016, 06:57 PM
What does this election already say about America's political system and how it appears to be breaking down?
Can any of you imagine a neocon democrat with potential felonies pending under on active investigation whos first major political experience was being married to and cheated on by the president :
Running against against an obnoxious, loud mouthed , school yard bully from a reality show , if this was 20 years ago? I can't , it's ridiculous.
Both with huge spending plans and more government controls in their platforms.
Could it be that the self dubbed "leader of the free world" would come down to one of these two? It really doesn't come down just to them but sheep can only understand the first two letters of the alphabet.
Is this the beginning of the Donkephant's end? I surely hope so. We may have envisioned it coming through third parties, but third parties may well benefit from this in congress, and in state and municipal governments. We always knew in our hearts it had to a bottom up vs a top down voter revolution.
This along with the equally unimpressive list of candidates they beat to get the nomination could be a message. And that message is that anyone remotely approaching presidential material doesn't want the job. If he or she is going to have to lie cheat and steal they can just continue to be CEO's and make more money with less scrutiny. Has the office become so reviled that the best and brightest of the political world want nothing to do with it? Has the Donkephant finally become too sleazy for their own?

Common
06-02-2016, 07:47 PM
No we couldnt dontread

http://www.mrdrybones.com/blog/D16525_1.gif

Crepitus
06-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Nope, we are pretty much there.

donttread
06-02-2016, 09:08 PM
I'd go so far to say that if America survives either of these two as president that we don't need a president

suds00
06-03-2016, 12:37 PM
i hope we survive.and i don't think we need a presisent just representative democracy.

Mac-7
06-03-2016, 01:46 PM
What does this election already say about America's political system and how it appears to be breaking down?
Can any of you imagine a neocon democrat with potential felonies pending under on active investigation whos first major political experience was being married to and cheated on by the president :
Running against against an obnoxious, loud mouthed , school yard bully from a reality show , if this was 20 years ago? I can't , it's ridiculous.
Could it be that the self dubbed "leader of the free world" would come down to one of these two? It really doesn't come down just to them but sheep can only understand the first two letters of the alphabet.
Is this the beginning of the Donkephant's end? I surely hope so. We may have envisioned it coming through third parties, but third parties may well benefit from this in congress, and in state and municipal governments. We always knew in our hearts it had to a bottom up vs a top down voter revolution.
This along with the equally unimpressive list of candidates they beat to get the nomination could be a message. And that message is that anyone remotely approaching presidential material doesn't want the job. If he or she is going to have to lie cheat and steal they can just continue to be CEO's and make more money with less scrutiny. Has the office become so reviled that the best and brightest of the political world want nothing to do with it? Has the Donkephant finally become too sleazy for their own?

I'll tell you the same thing your kind tell us: come up with someone better

libs don't like trump but the voters like dope smoking fallen republicans like Gary Johnson even less

The Sage of Main Street
06-03-2016, 02:22 PM
This along with the equally unimpressive list of candidates they beat to get the nomination could be a message. And that message is that anyone remotely approaching presidential material doesn't want the job. If he or she is going to have to lie cheat and steal they can just continue to be CEO's and make more money with less scrutiny. Has the office become so reviled that the best and brightest of the political world want nothing to do with it? Has the Donkephant finally become too sleazy for their own? It shows how little respect the disempowered American majority has for "the way things are supposed to be done."

donttread
06-03-2016, 03:02 PM
i hope we survive.and i don't think we need a presisent just representative democracy.

What would you replace our republic with?

donttread
06-03-2016, 03:07 PM
I'll tell you the same thing your kind tell us: come up with someone better

libs don't like trump but the voters like dope smoking fallen republicans like Gary Johnson even less

My point is that the "someone better's" don't want the job. And if Jill Stein or Gary Johnson had equal funding , media coverage and debate access they would kick ass because they are not already bought and paid for and can tell it like it is, which is why the donkephant blocks them out of debates. But the "two major parties" can't sink much lower than this without the third parties becoming a real threat to them

donttread
06-03-2016, 03:14 PM
It shows how little respect the disempowered American majority has for "the way things are supposed to be done."

A lack of respect for "the way things are supposed to be done" implies an understanding of "the way things are supposed to be done"
And that is simply not true for at least 3/4 of the voting public.

The Sage of Main Street
06-04-2016, 09:44 AM
A lack of respect for "the way things are supposed to be done" implies an understanding of "the way things are supposed to be done"
And that is simply not true for at least 3/4 of the voting public. In order to rationally refuse to listen to the authoritarian advocates of the Establishment's political processes, the only thing we have to see is the results of their modus operandi.

Mac-7
06-04-2016, 11:27 AM
My point is that the "someone better's" don't want the job. And if Jill Stein or Gary Johnson had equal funding , media coverage and debate access they would kick ass because they are not already bought and paid for and can tell it like it is, which is why the donkephant blocks them out of debates. But the "two major parties" can't sink much lower than this without the third parties becoming a real threat to them

Gary Johnson was included in the republican primary debates in 2012 but he did not make a solid impression on the voters

if he had won the republican nomination I would have voted for him in the general election

but not as a 3rd party candidate

i know that marks me as a partisan but I genuinely believe the republicans are better than the democrats

yes we need to sweep out more of the fossils who have been there too long

but to do that we need all the unLiberals to work together

donttread
06-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Gary Johnson was included in the republican primary debates in 2012 but he did not make a solid impression on the voters

if he had won the republican nomination I would have voted for him in the general election

but not as a 3rd party candidate

i know that marks me as a partisan but I genuinely believe the republicans are better than the democrats

yes we need to sweep out more of the fossils who have been there too long

but to do that we need all the unLiberals to work together

Your a partisan, look where your "A" or "B" voting mentality has brought us?

Mac-7
06-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Your a partisan, look where your "A" or "B" voting mentality has brought us?

Actually I blame it on almost sane unLiberals like you who spit the vote and allow the establishment republicans to win in the primaries where real change takes place

Peter1469
06-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Keep voting for either (D) or (R) and we will never have beneficial change.

Mac-7
06-04-2016, 12:56 PM

Voting for fringe candidates like Johnson only resulted in a second term for obama

donttread
06-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Actually I blame it on almost sane unLiberals like you who spit the vote and allow the establishment republicans to win in the primaries where real change takes place

I don't vote donkephant because I don't want them. It's not that I'd really like a Libertarian but my next choice is a donkephant. It doesn't matter which supposed side " dems or repubs" wins because they , and I can't stress this enough : DO THE SAME SHIT!

Peter1469
06-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Voting for fringe candidates like Johnson only resulted in a second term for obama

We have been over this a million times.

donttread
06-05-2016, 07:17 AM

Yes, but he will never have to think about anything

donttread
06-05-2016, 07:23 AM

You need to understand something. We don't consider either mainstream candidate to be better than the other. In fact any objective look at the last 15 years proves both do the same things , the vast majority of which are bad for at least 90% of Americans.
WE DON'T give a shit which donkephant gets elected or whether or not our vote for an un owned, not bought and paid for 3rd party candidate effects which donkphant gets in because they are all the same.