PDA

View Full Version : TRUMP : "Ted Cruz is no longer a liar!" "We love Ted!"

Mark III
06-03-2016, 09:27 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/06/03/daily-202-trump-may-generate-mini-wave-for-house-democrats/5750dccf981b92a22dd422db/

Trump has begun aggressively trying to woo Susana Martinez, saying he would like the endorsement of the New Mexico governor he spent last week bashing. He even called up a reporter for the Santa Fe New Mexican (http://m.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/trump-shifts-tactics-to-woo-martinez-endorsement/article_3dffa8c2-2928-11e6-9070-f7ac894bd97e.html?mode=jqm) yesterday to say he wants Martinez’s support. “I respect her," he said. "I have always liked her.” Just one week ago, he accused Martinez of “not doing the job,” saying her job performance was so poor that he might have to run for governor of New Mexico himself.

-- Trump also began trying to repair relations with another Hispanic: Ted Cruz. At the San Jose rally, Trump reminisced about the "Lyin' Ted" moniker he used during the primaries. Trump said he will now reserve that label for Clinton. "Ted Cruz is no longer a liar!" Trump said, adding, "We love Ted!" (Sean Sullivan (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/03/after-criticizing-new-mexico-gov-martinez-trump-now-says-he-wants-her-endorsement/))

-- Leading Hispanic Republicans are increasingly anguished about whether they can remain involved in this year’s elections as Trump comes up with fresh ways to offend them nearly every day. From Ed O'Keefe (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-the-age-of-trump-latino-republicans-are-anguished-over-what-to-do/2016/06/02/8305e3f4-28cf-11e6-b989-4e5479715b54_story.html):

Mario Lopez, president of the conservative Hispanic Leadership Fund, said major Latino GOP activists and contributors are in "a very difficult situation" because of Trump’s rhetoric and positions. "Just when someone thinks that they can begin to maybe start thinking about coming on board, Trump goes and attacks that judge for being Mexican," he said.

“If you’re a Hispanic holding your breath and hoping for Trump to get better in his outreach to Latinos, you’re going to die of asphyxia,” said conservative strategist Ana Navarro.

-- Mitch McConnell acknowledged that he is worried Trump will drive Hispanics away from the GOP the same way that Barry Goldwater drove African Americans away half a century ago.

Mark III
06-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Articles like this beg the question - why would anyone believe a word Trump says?

If Cruz was a "liar" when Trump described him as such, he is still a liar. Getting absolution from Trump doesn't remove the lies.

More likely Trump is the constant liar. Yet, among "Republicans", he has won. That says mountains of unflattering things about them, unfortunately.

PolWatch
06-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Pretty typical of political campaigns. I don't think Clinton had a lot of good things to say about Obama 9 years ago when they were competing for the dem nomination.

exotix
06-03-2016, 09:32 AM
http://s9.tinypic.com/x1agyb_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=x1agyb&s=9)

http://i66.tinypic.com/1ot6vo.jpg

texan
06-03-2016, 09:33 AM
She will probably be his VP.

I see your woman card Billary half breed and raise you one mexican woman. Maybe you can raise us a fake indian woman?

Mark III
06-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Pretty typical of political campaigns. I don't think Clinton had a lot of good things to say about Obama 9 years ago when they were competing for the dem nomination.

LOL. Clinton never described Obama or anyone else the way Trump describes people. Nor do 99% of other politicians. People need to stop trying to normalize Trump and equating him with normal human beings. He is an EXTREME narcissist and a potential threat to the country.

PolWatch
06-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Clinton may carry a Woman Card, but Trump never leaves home without his Victim Card.

'Why's everybody always pickin on me?'

Common
06-03-2016, 09:43 AM

Oh geez you ruined his talking points

Common
06-03-2016, 09:44 AM
LOL. Clinton never described Obama or anyone else the way Trump describes people. Nor do 99% of other politicians. People need to stop trying to normalize Trump and equating him with normal human beings. He is an EXTREME narcissist and a potential threat to the country.

Oh garbage youre a partisan flimflam artist and havent a scrap of honesty in you like hillary

Common
06-03-2016, 09:46 AM
http://s9.tinypic.com/x1agyb_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=x1agyb&s=9)

http://i66.tinypic.com/1ot6vo.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/72/2015/04/ClintonShruggiegif.gif

Cigar
06-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Let's check back in an hour to see what Trump things of him ... :laugh:

Peter1469
06-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Hillary the lair.

decedent
06-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Hillary the lair.

It would take me hours to come up with something as clever as this.

Don
06-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Let's check back in an hour to see what Trump things of him ... :laugh:

I don't thing Trump things about him at all! Or somethink like that....:evil::laugh:

Beevee
06-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Hillary the lair.

I don't see her hiding away. What makes you believe that she is?

Peter1469
06-03-2016, 04:14 PM
It would take me hours to come up with something as clever as this.

Probably days.

Peter1469
06-03-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't see her hiding away. What makes you believe that she is?

I didn't mention anything about that. Those voices in your head may be symptoms of a very serious problem.

maineman
06-03-2016, 04:47 PM

I don't think that either Hillary OR Obama called one another a LIAR, however. Going after one's opponent is typical. Being a totally abusive, reckless douchebag is not.

decedent
06-03-2016, 08:03 PM
"I think the political press is among the most dishonest people that I've ever met." -- Donald Trump a.k.a. John Miller a.k.a. John Barron

Captain Obvious
06-03-2016, 08:09 PM
I wonder if Mark, when Hillary finally secures the DNC nomination and suddenly her and Bernie are best buddies posts a similar thread.

I won't wait for it.

maineman
06-03-2016, 08:13 PM
I wonder if Mark, when Hillary finally secures the DNC nomination and suddenly her and Bernie are best buddies posts a similar thread.

I won't wait for it.

Neither Bernie nor Hillary has been as vicious to one another as Trump and his rivals have been, however. Trump is just a mean spirited nasty motherfucker.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Neither Bernie nor Hillary has been as vicious to one another as Trump and his rivals have been, however. Trump is just a mean spirited nasty motherfucker.

Yeah, Hillary hides under the rug every time Sanders is within 100 miles of him.

When's the last time she's debated?

Hint - it's closer to 1 year than it isn't.

birddog
06-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Neither Bernie nor Hillary has been as vicious to one another as Trump and his rivals have been, however. Trump is just a mean spirited nasty $#@!.

I remember receiving offers to buy a book about 40 years ago. The name of the book was, "Why nice guys fail in business, but S.O.B.s succeed." There's a lot of truth to that, and perhaps indicative that Trump is what we need.

maineman
06-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I remember receiving offers to buy a book about 40 years ago. The name of the book was, "Why nice guys fail in business, but S.O.B.s succeed." There's a lot of truth to that, and perhaps indicative that Trump is what we need.

Look... why don't you tell me the really great Presidents in your lifetime. And then tell me which of them was less than gracious, less than dignified, less than living UP to the requirements of that office. I realize that you republicans really want to put one of yours in the White House after getting the snot knocked out of you by Barack the Magic Negro.... but do you really think that Trump is "presidential" like the country and the world has become accustomed to???

maineman
06-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Yeah, Hillary hides under the rug every time Sanders is within 100 miles of him.

Your math is truly fucked up. Can you balance a fucking checkbook? They debated in New York in April of this year.... this is June. I'd ask you to do the math, but, obviously, that's a losing proposition. Here's the deal: She debated Bernie about seven weeks ago. Seven weeks is further away from 52 than it isn't.

birddog
06-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Look... why don't you tell me the really great Presidents in your lifetime. And then tell me which of them was less than gracious, less than dignified, less than living UP to the requirements of that office. I realize that you republicans really want to put one of yours in the White House after getting the snot knocked out of you by Barack the Magic $#@!.... but do you really think that Trump is "presidential" like the country and the world has become accustomed to???

Serious times require REAL change, not the bankrupting crap that Obama has given us. Obama is the worst president in the history of this country, and his blaming everything on Bush got old after a couple of years. Obama gives scum a bad name!

I believe you will be surprised on how presidential Trump will become. He has the smarts to surround himself with good people, and he will listen to them and take their advice.

In the heat of an election battle, it's different. He has to use the talents he has.

maineman
06-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Serious times require REAL change, not the bankrupting crap that Obama has given us. Obama is the worst president in the history of this country, and his blaming everything on Bush got old after a couple of years. Obama gives scum a bad name!

I believe you will be surprised on how presidential Trump will become. He has the smarts to surround himself with good people, and he will listen to them and take their advice.

In the heat of an election battle, it's different. He has to use the talents he has.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Your math is truly fucked up. Can you balance a fucking checkbook? They debated in New York in April of this year.... this is June. I'd ask you to do the math, but, obviously, that's a losing proposition. Here's the deal: She debated Bernie about seven weeks ago. Seven weeks is further away from 52 than it isn't.

You're right, I heard that on Rush the other day.

I should know better than to cite that show.

maineman
06-03-2016, 09:22 PM
you should know better than to even LISTEN to that fucking show.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2016, 09:24 PM
you should know better than to even LISTEN to that fucking show.

I was driving halfway across the country, there wasn't anything else on.

maineman
06-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Opera on NPR would have been a better choice.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2016, 09:32 PM

lol - you nailed it, that was the alternative.

maineman
06-03-2016, 09:41 PM
well... next time you'll know. ;)

Beevee
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I didn't mention anything about that. Those voices in your head may be symptoms of a very serious problem.

Oh! It was your typo then. Trust you to criticize me for having taken you at your word.

Peter1469
06-04-2016, 07:33 AM

That describes Hillary to the T.

Peter1469
06-04-2016, 07:35 AM

When was her last press conference?

Peter1469
06-04-2016, 07:37 AM

NPR should be lose its tax subsidies. They are part of the DNC typing pool.