PDA

View Full Version : Here's another look at the Presidential race....

AZ Jim
06-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Here's a lifelong Republican who is multi-qualified to comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/04/ben-stein-interview-donald-trump-economics

birddog
06-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Trump's idea of getting the trade deficit eradicated is a great solution. Trump is in favor of free trade as long as it is fair.

FindersKeepers
06-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Trump lacks in foreign policy and in a lot of domestic areas -- but as an astute businessman -- he's probably more up on the economy than Hillary.

Stein could have picked a better hill to die on.

AZ Jim
06-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Trump lacks in foreign policy and in a lot of domestic areas -- but as an astute businessman -- he's probably more up on the economy than Hillary.

Stein could have picked a better hill to die on.Trump has made monumental mistakes in his finances, he should never have that problem due to his daddy starting him out with a fortune and his ability to hire great financial assistance. I believe Stein is right about Sanders (a joke financially) and trump who he says is really clueless.... Ironically if you read the entire article, he gives Hillary the only passing grade of the three but ends up saying he'll vote for Trump because he invokes national pride in people. Mark my word though when the chips are down, Trump is gone....HRC is your next President and that's a good thing. Glad you changed your Avatar so I could know not to call you son anymore....

zelmo1234
06-05-2016, 04:35 PM
So the question that I have is this? What is Hillary's plan to get the economy going and increase the wages of the common folks

Because until we know what her plan is, the reduction of Illegals, border control, and Fair trade is all that we have to go on.

AZ Jim
06-05-2016, 04:45 PM
So the question that I have is this? What is Hillary's plan to get the economy going and increase the wages of the common folks

Because until we know what her plan is, the reduction of Illegals, border control, and Fair trade is all that we have to go on.Would it matter to you? No! Why waste breath. You really give a shit, listen to her speeches like you do your hero. You are not willing to learn so live on as you are.

zelmo1234
06-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Would it matter to you? No! Why waste breath. You really give a $#@!, listen to her speeches like you do your hero. You are not willing to learn so live on as you are.

I did listen to her speeches, And she says to go to her web sight, so I go to her web sight and it says she has a plan?

I would be happy to know.

PS. I have not had time to listen to Mr. Trumps speeches Yet, just have a few sound bites.

Would like to hear what you have to say

MisterVeritis
06-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Here's a lifelong Republican who is multi-qualified to comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/04/ben-stein-interview-donald-trump-economics
I like Ben Stein but he has said some pretty dumb things along the way. Here is one from the article, "Mr Trump says he can both reduce taxes and reduce the deficit. That’s complete nonsense."

Reducing taxes and regulations is the only way to reduce the deficit, Ben. You are an idiot.

FindersKeepers
06-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Trump has made monumental mistakes in his finances, he should never have that problem due to his daddy starting him out with a fortune and his ability to hire great financial assistance. I believe Stein is right about Sanders (a joke financially) and trump who he says is really clueless.... Ironically if you read the entire article, he gives Hillary the only passing grade of the three but ends up saying he'll vote for Trump because he invokes national pride in people.

Yes, Trump has had some business failures, but those are a drop in the bucket compared to his successes. His dad gave him a 5 million dollar loan -- that's bigger than most of us get -- but given that a majority of businesses go under within the first five years, the fact that Trump is worth 8.7 BILLION today is phenomenal.

The odds against that happening are also phenomenal.

I've started three businesses - sold one and still run two - and in all my business experience, I've never seen someone as successful in the business world as Trump. So sure, there have been failures -- but they haven't kept him from amassing a fortune. Can he do the same for the nation? Probably not -- but his supporters likely think he can.

That's why I say -- Stein should have picked something else to ride Trump about -- because Trump's money sense is near-untouchable.

Mark my word though when the chips are down, Trump is gone....HRC is your next President and that's a good thing.

I'm still leaning toward Hillary winning as well, but I won't vote for her. I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump. Because, I think Hillary can hurt us a lot more than Trump can.

Glad you changed your Avatar so I could know not to call you son anymore....

You bet. But honestly, I figured most posters knew. I mean -- I had a dog with a bone balanced on its nose. What kind of guy would have that for an avatar? LOL