PDA

View Full Version : "Muhammad Ali: Never the White Man’s Negro."

Cigar
06-06-2016, 11:46 AM
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/06/06/opinion/06oates/06oates-blog427.jpg
CASSIUS CLAY, born in 1942, was the grandson of a slave; in the United States of his boyhood and young manhood, the role of the black athlete, particularly the black boxer, was a forced self-effacement.

White male anxieties were, evidently, greatly roiled by the spectacle of the strong black man, and had to be assuaged. The greater the black boxer (Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles), the more urgent that he assume a public role of caution and restraint. Kindly white men who advised their black charges to be a “credit to their race” were not speaking ironically.

And yet, the young Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali refused to play this emasculating role. He would not be the “white man’s Negro” — he would not be anything of the white man’s at all. Converting to the Nation of Islam at the age of 22, immediately after winning the heavyweight championship from Sonny Liston, he denounced his “slave name” (Cassius Marcellus Clay, which was also his father’s name) and the Christian religion; in refusing to serve in the Army he made his political reasons clear: “I ain’t got no quarrel with them Vietcong.”

Ali had long ago transcended his own origins and his own specific identity. As he’d once said: “Boxing was nothing. It wasn’t important at all. Boxing was just meant as a way to introduce me to the world.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/06/opinion/muhammad-ali-never-the-white-mans-negro.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

birddog
06-06-2016, 11:50 AM
He was a great fighter, and had good qualities, but he was mainly an unpatriotic POS due to the influences of Islam.

Captain Obvious
06-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Captain Obvious: Never the black man's massa

Private Pickle
06-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Well it's a good thing they have you around to maintain the quota...

Cigar
06-06-2016, 11:58 AM
He was a great fighter, and had good qualities, but he was mainly an unpatriotic POS due to the influences of Islam.

http://www.progressive.org/sites/default/public_files/13396122194_f10cc3e5aa_o.png (http://www.progressive.org/news/2016/02/188548/cat-scratch-fever%E2%80%94-ted-nugent%E2%80%99s-racism-too-much-republicans)

Chris
06-06-2016, 12:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZT1GgKWQTg

I was shadow-boxing earlier in the day
I figured I was ready for Cassius Clay
I said "Fee, fie, fo, fum, Cassius Clay here I come
26, 27, 28, 29, I'm gonna make your face look just like mine
Five, four, three, two, one, Cassius Clay you'd better run
99, 100, 101, 102, Your ma won't even recognize you
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, gonna knock him clean right out of his spleen

Read more: Bob Dylan - I Shall Be Free--No. 10 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

birddog
06-06-2016, 12:19 PM
http://www.progressive.org/sites/default/public_files/13396122194_f10cc3e5aa_o.png (http://www.progressive.org/news/2016/02/188548/cat-scratch-fever—-ted-nugent’s-racism-too-much-republicans)

I am smart and honest enough to admit there were draft dodgers then that are conservatives now. Vise versa?

The libs and hippies had the corner on draft dodging in the sixties though.

Cigar
06-06-2016, 12:28 PM
I am smart and honest enough to admit there were draft dodgers then that are conservatives now. Vise versa?

The libs and hippies had the corner on draft dodging in the sixties though.

Thank God

Mac-7
06-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Much like cigar and ali, michelle obama cannot get over slavery and is still haunted by it.

there was a soundbite of her on the radio this morning whining about the white house having been built by slaves.

they were very disgusting comments from an ungratful, angry black woman.

Safety
06-06-2016, 01:06 PM
At least she probably knows how to use spellcheck....

The Xl
06-06-2016, 01:10 PM
He wasn't. And I respect him for that.

Cigar
06-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Much like cigar and ali, michelle obama cannot get over slavery and is still haunted by it.

there was a spindbite of her on the radio this morning of her whining anout the white house having been built by slaves.

Mac you may as well get use to it, people will never be "grateful" for their Great Grand Parents being used as slaves, their Grand Parents being oppressed and their Parents being oppressed.

So who gives f'ck about you?

silvereyes
06-06-2016, 01:30 PM

there was a spindbite of her on the radio this morning of her whining anout the white house having been built by slaves.

Annnnd which part of that is false? Be specific.

Mac-7
06-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Mac you may as well get use to it, people will never be "grateful" for their Great Grand Parents being used as slaves, their Grand Parents being oppressed and their Parents being oppressed.

So who gives f'ck about you?

You and michelle obama should be grateful you were born in America instead of Africa.

but you dont seem to realize how lucky you are

Mac-7
06-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Its not false.

but it is redundent

tired

petty

whiny

and just plain stupid to bring it up every day of their lives

Beevee
06-06-2016, 03:04 PM

Interesting that she can be spiteful but conservatives can ONLY be truthful! (NOT)

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 03:03 AM
Captain Obvious: Never the black man's massa

That point had the black race hustlers stumped for a while.

How you gonna collect reparations from white slave owner who are dead?

You, meaning mohammed ali, al sharpton, obama or his baby momma, cigar, whoever, invent "white privilage" and send their gullible liberal great-grand children on a guilt trip that never ends.

They'll pay out the wazoo to get you off their backs.

and you will never have to work a day in your life.

domer76
06-07-2016, 03:28 AM
You and michelle obama should be grateful you were born in America instead of Africa.

but you dont seem to realize how lucky you are

More so, you should be grateful that you were born white, male in America. But you're not. Miserable fucks like you take that chance of fate for granted.

domer76
06-07-2016, 03:29 AM

^lemming

domer76
06-07-2016, 03:31 AM

there was a soundbite of her on the radio this morning whining about the white house having been built by slaves.

The White House wasn't built with some slave labor?

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 03:34 AM
More so, you should be grateful that you were born white, male in America.

I am very greatful for that.

unlike lib men who want to be women I love this country and all that it stands for.

black people should too

but they are too busy living in the past to see how lucky they are now.

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 03:36 AM
The White House wasn't built with some slave labor?

I think it probably was.

at least thats the news reports I am familar with.

so what?

Tahuyaman
06-07-2016, 09:20 AM

I didn't see him say the comments were false.

Michele Obama has lived a life of privelidge and she's still complaining that she is living under some form of oppression. She has no reason to be angry and bitter.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2016, 09:23 AM
More so, you should be grateful that you were born white, male in America. But you're not. Miserable $#@!s like you take that chance of fate for granted.

people can feel fortunate that they were born in American regardless of race.

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:07 AM

It can be argued that black people who were born in Amerca are the most fortunate of all Americans.

because the consequences of being born in africa are far, far worse than they are for Ireland or Scotland.

Cigar
06-07-2016, 10:10 AM
It can be argued that black people who were born ib Amerca are the mosr fortunate of all Americans.

because the consequences of being born in africa are far, far worse than they are for Ireland or Scotland.

Can someone please give Mac-7 a pat on his back, he needs some love today. :laugh:

Cigar
06-07-2016, 10:12 AM

USA USA USA USA USA :laugh:

domer76
06-07-2016, 10:24 AM
I am very greatful for that.

unlike lib men who want to be women I love this country and all that it stands for.

black people should too

but they are too busy living in the past to see how lucky they are now.

What did it stand for in Vietnam?

domer76
06-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Yep. But you fail to recognize that being born white male is a particular advantage.

Cigar
06-07-2016, 10:27 AM
https://youtu.be/01-2pNCZiNk

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Can someone please give @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) a pat on his back, he needs some love today. :laugh:

If thats the best you can do I'll take my victory lap now.

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:34 AM
What did it stand for in Vietnam?

Defense of freedom

the Domino Theory was correct.

if we had not fought the communists in Vietnam it would have been Thailand or the Philippines.

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Yep. But you fail to recognize that being born white male is a particular advantage.

And yet America has wealthy black people and poor whites.

Cigar
06-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Hey Einstein, Africa has wealthy black people and poor whites also. :rollseyes:

Cigar
06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/RogerR/2016/RogerR20160606_low.jpg
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/PlantB/2016/PlantB20160607_low.jpg http://assets.amuniversal.com/30ea58f00e4f013466cb005056a9545d.gif

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Hey Einstein, Africa has wealthy black people and poor whites also. :rollseyes:

Uh, ok.

But either way it blows up the liberal myth of white privilage.

domer76
06-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Defense of freedom

the Domino Theory was correct.

if we had not fought the communists in Vietnam it would have been Thailand or the Philippines.

Defense of freedom my ass. What a gullible fool you are.

Take your "if/would" bullshit elsewhere. You have no idea what "would" have been.

domer76
06-07-2016, 10:49 AM

No shit, Einstein.

domer76
06-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Uh, ok.

But either way it blows up the liberal myth of white privilage.

Stop taking your stupid pills!

Mac-7
06-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Defense of freedom my ass. What a gullible fool you are.

Take your "if/would" bull$#@! elsewhere. You have no idea what "would" have been.

I never expect to reach liberal jerks like you

I just tell you what I think and let you go berzek if you wish.

domer76
06-07-2016, 11:02 AM
I never expect to reach liberal jerks like you

I just tell you what I think and let you go berzek if you wish.

Your thoughts are at the level of basic brain stem activity.

Chris
06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
General warning that some here need to get off each other and back on topic or go find a topic you can address. TBs to follow.

Cigar
06-07-2016, 11:50 AM
If thats the best you can do I'll take my victory lap now.

Personally I don't care what you Lap :laugh:

Tahuyaman
06-07-2016, 11:24 PM

being born you is a particular disadvantage.

Mac-7
06-08-2016, 04:22 AM
Does being born black prevent anyone from working hard in school and completing their education?

does being born black mandate that they become teenage moms, gangsters, drug dealers or worse?

The only thing holding black prople down is black people themselves.

The Sage of Main Street
06-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I am smart and honest enough to admit there were draft dodgers then that are conservatives now. Vice versa?

The libs and hippies had the corner on draft dodging in the sixties though. The Conservatives then were the draft dodgers then, although most rigged the system to make it look like they wanted to serve but weren't allowed to. Ransom has even let slip that the aristocracy and its college-educated yes-men are too precious to risk being sacrificed; the rest of us can redeem our inferiority by becoming cannon fodder to protect elitist rule.

The Sage of Main Street
06-08-2016, 02:13 PM

they were very disgusting comments from an ungratful, angry black woman. Who would have been a victim of perpetual genocide or starvation if slavers hadn't rescued her ancestors from the jungle.

Cigar
06-08-2016, 02:14 PM
:huh: wtf

Truth Detector
06-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Interesting claim; he stepped into a ring to beat other people's heads in for the white man's entertainment and money, but was his own man? How is that? DERP.

He wasn't being his own man when he refused to serve the country that made him rich or impugning this nation as a self proclaimed Muslim. He was being a brain dead pawn of Islam fueled by a misguided rage for something he never had to experience first hand, slavery.

Ransom
06-09-2016, 02:28 PM
The Conservatives then were the draft dodgers then, although most rigged the system to make it look like they wanted to serve but weren't allowed to. @Ransom (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=724) has even let slip that the aristocracy and its college-educated yes-men are too precious to risk being sacrificed; the rest of us can redeem our inferiority by becoming cannon fodder to protect elitist rule.

If the shoe fits, Sage.......lace that b1tch up.