PDA

View Full Version : The Gary Johnson/Jill Stein thread

donttread
06-06-2016, 01:00 PM
We all bitch alot about either the donkephant as a whole or "the evil other half " of it.
But how many will go on record right now for a third party or will consider voting 3rd party in November?

I will cast my vote for Gary Johnson and if he wasn't there probably for Jill Stein. Yes she's into federal government control, but she has redeeming features.
In fact the two may not be as far apart as one might think. Mother Earth News readership is twice as likely as the general population to consider themselves "very liberal" but they are also twice as likely as the general population to consider themselves "very conservative" Why ? Because we can all rally around chemical free food, potable water , local economic strength some self reliance and less government interference in our daily lives .
I know some of you will call me crazy but I could get behing a Rand Paul or Gary Johnson/ Jill Stein ticket in a heartbeat.
But I digress.
This thread is about who will come out and committ to action vs. complaining? To committ to vote for a non-donkephant candidate in Novermber?
Who is still considering the issue ?
And who is already committed to "A" or "B".

Cigar
06-06-2016, 01:02 PM
I listened to him last week, sounds like a reasonable Man.

Too bad he wasn't part of the debates.

Cletus
06-06-2016, 01:04 PM
As much as I like Gary, I won't vote for him in this election. Voting for him would result in nothing but making a personal statement. Clinton must be stopped. This country cannot afford to have her as President and voting for Johnson will do nothing to accomplish that.

When Johnson was Governor here, he ran as a Republican. I would rather see him on the Republican ticket as VP or maybe appointed to a Cabinet position than to see him run a campaign he can't possibly win as a Libertarian.

Cigar
06-06-2016, 01:07 PM
As much as I like Gary, I won't vote for him in this election. Voting for him would result in nothing but making a personal statement. Clinton must be stopped. This country cannot afford to have her as President and voting for Johnson will do nothing to accomplish that.

When Johnson was Governor here, he ran as a Republican. I would rather see him on the Republican ticket as VP or maybe appointed to a Cabinet position than to see him run a campaign he can't possibly win as a Libertarian.

A Idiot, Racist, Bigoted, Lying Sack of Sh!t is far better :laugh:

Adelaide
06-06-2016, 01:19 PM
I commented that I would seriously consider Stein in the past. Were I able to vote in 2012 it's who I would have gone with. In this cycle, there were a handful of Republicans I liked who didn't make it very far.

Mark III
06-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Gary Johnson will either water down his libertarian beliefs in order to gain more widespread acceptance, or he will not get many votes at all. Those are the two possibilities.

The Libertarian platform calls for the end to all taxes, all social programs, and all health and safety regulations. Now, watch Johnson backtrack in an attempt to become relevant.

Cigar
06-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Gary Johnson will either water down his libertarian beliefs in order to gain more widespread acceptance, or he will not get many votes at all. Those are the two possibilities.

The Libertarian platform calls for the end to all taxes, all social programs, and all health and safety regulations. Now, watch Johnson backtrack in an attempt to become relevant.

Gary Johnson is a former Republican who will attract Republican Voters.

Cletus
06-06-2016, 01:59 PM
A Idiot, Racist, Bigoted, Lying Sack of Sh!t is far better :laugh:

Clinton is NOT far better.

Ethereal
06-06-2016, 03:08 PM
If I did vote, I would vote for Johnson.

But I prefer to concentrate on state and local government and promoting cultural libertarianism instead.

Cigar
06-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Clinton is NOT far better.

Well at least she's not a Racist or Bigot :wink:

MMC
06-06-2016, 03:11 PM
3rd party candidate winning at this time.....isn't viable. Can't win. As much as I would like to see other parties up in the running. Now is not that time.

Stopping the Demos from taking this country down the tubes. Is more important than anything else. 2 SCOTUS picks and possibly a 3rd. They have already weakened the Military. Our IC. As well as ties with allies. This will increase not decrease.

Think of it this way.....Currently, the Demos are at their lowest levels since the Civil War. They only control 7 states totally. Full control of government, and if they lose this election. They will be on the ropes, and thin ropes at that.

They have no bench and their policies are failures. Reducing them to nothing will allow other parties to rise up. Which the Repubs wont be able to stop due to their own divisions.

Ethereal
06-06-2016, 03:13 PM

You sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4nmRZx9nc

Green Arrow
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm voting for Stein, unless Bernie runs independent.

Cletus
06-06-2016, 07:57 PM

She has got you fooled.

Doublejack
06-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Gary Johnson again.

del
06-06-2016, 08:14 PM

on what planet?

del