PDA

View Full Version : tPF So what do you expect from your elected officials?

zelmo1234
06-08-2016, 04:21 AM
So we now have the sides all drawn up.

Crooked Hillary vs Crazy Trump? (sad day for the USA)

So what should we expect from our law makers.

Well I put my faith is 3 things

#1 My State government.

Anyone with the power of thought, understands that we can't keep printing money, and that we are on a steady march toward some really tuff times. I will expect that my State Government will continue to make sure that we have balanced budgets and we continue to diversify the economy in MI to end our dependency on the Auto Industry.

#2 The GOP Congress.

It is high time that Congress takes their power back from the executive Branch and the Judicial Branch. Law and Budgets are to be passed in congress. Only Congress has the right to declare war.
It is high time that they start acting like adults. It is time for them to pass a balanced budget and defund all the stupid BS. (cowboy poetry festival for example) And it is time for them to hold the judicial branch accountable. Impeachment, and the funding of security for the Justices, so the people can have a say when the court chooses to write laws. would be a good start.

#3 The Senate.

If the GOP holds the Senate, I still don't expect much. They have become a worthless body and a waste for the American people. but I would hope that they would Force a President Trump, or Clinton to appoint a Constitutionalist Judge. If they choose to appoint Judges that have a political agenda, then keep voting them down. We can live with Fewer justices.

I think when you are staring down the barrel of a President Trump or President Clinton, we can expect very little. All We can ask if for congress to Anchor the Ship and ride out the storm.

If Clinton is elected I would hope that the GOP would finally look back to the Gov's that have done a wonderful job in turning some states around. Ones that have brought their states back from the verge of bankruptcy and add good quality jobs.

If Trump is elected. I would like to see then DNC look to strong candidates Like Jim Webb, Jay Nixon. Decent men with some progressive Ideas, but a love for American Values.

And from the people of the USA. It is high time that we get back to what made America Great! WORK- If there are jobs that Americans will not do, then we don't need a welfare system. It is time for every able bodied person to earn their keep. If it is nothing more than picking up trash and sweeping our city streets. It is time for the people, to understand that our dependence on Government is what has lead to this point.

IF THE PEOPLE ARE DEPENDENT ON THEMSELVES, INSTEAD OF THE GOVERNMENT? Then the government has no power over they people.

What say you.

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 05:16 AM
I expect the government to understand what federalism is and follow it religiously.

stjames1_53
06-08-2016, 06:04 AM
We need to return to a Constitutional Republic. Washington, DC, needs to stay in Washington, DC.
I expect this federal gov to maintain our borders and keep the invaders out.
The rest can be handled by the Republic, itself. (...the many States)

nathanbforrest45
06-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I expect my elected officials to develop a severe case of amnesia the day after the elections and forget every promise they made to the voters who elected them. I expect them to become nothing more than party hacks and do the bidding of the entrenched politicians who's only goal is increased power.