PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump's Thin Skin vs. Clinton's Thick Head

Chris
06-08-2016, 12:12 PM
So it looks like war is on the horizon...

Trump's Thin Skin vs. Clinton's Thick Head (http://reason.com/archives/2016/06/08/trumps-thin-skin-vs-clintons-thick-head)

Hillary Clinton warns that Donald Trump is "temperamentally unfit" to be commander in chief, and she may be right about that. But Clinton's eagerness to wage war suggests she is ideologically unfit for the job.

"This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes," the former secretary of state said last Thursday, "because it's not hard to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because somebody got under his very thin skin." Given Clinton's record of supporting pretty much every proposed and actual use of military force during her career in public life, it is even easier to imagine her leading us into war for reasons unrelated to national security.

In a speech that was billed as a major foreign policy address and a sharp rebuke to her Republican opponent in this year's presidential election, Clinton mentioned Iraq twice: once in reference to the country's "sectarian divide" and once in reference to ISIS "strongholds" there. She did not mention that the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, which she supported as a senator and did not repudiate until 2014, ripped that sectarian divide wide open, creating the chaotic conditions that allowed ISIS to take over those strongholds.

"We honor the sacrifice of those who died for our country," Clinton said, "by carrying out a smart and principled foreign policy." The 4,400 or so members of the U.S. armed forces who died during the Iraq war did not die for their country; they died for George W. Bush. Their sacrifice did not make this country (or Iraq) any safer.

That's leaving aside the 134,000 civilians who were killed during this Clinton-endorsed war, along with more than 16,000 Iraqi allies of the United States and some 27,000 insurgents—not to mention the cost to American taxpayers, which is expected to total more than $2 trillion. For more than a decade, from 2003 until 2014, that was Clinton's idea of "smart and principled foreign policy."

Cigar
06-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Kinda like Rocks, Papers, Scissors :laugh:

The Xl
06-08-2016, 12:23 PM
I hope they utterly destroy each other. It's time to change this embarrassment, this charade called American politics.

Cigar
06-08-2016, 12:37 PM
The Embarrassment is Donald Trump and The GOP Earned every bit of it ... now Own it.

Chris
06-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I hope they utterly destroy each other. It's time to change this embarrassment, this charade called American politics.

Hoping for same, hoping they reveal to the people just how petty and shallow those who "lead" us are, and that we lose faith in the government.

Chris
06-08-2016, 12:38 PM
The Embarrassment is Donald Trump and The GOP Earned every bit of it ... now Own it.

And, equally, The Embarrassment is Hillary Clinton and The DNC Earned every bit of it ... now Own it.

MMC
06-08-2016, 12:44 PM

The Embarrassment are all those Clinton Cultists who believe in a Crooked Hillary. Which now ALL can treat the embarrassment as it deserves.

MMC
06-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Trump's Thin Skin vs. Clinton's Thick Head (http://reason.com/archives/2016/06/08/trumps-thin-skin-vs-clintons-thick-head)

The Donald says he don't have thin skin.....he has beautiful skin he said. Then he said some stuff about Hillary and he then looked at his hands. :tongue:

Cigar
06-08-2016, 01:16 PM
The Embarrassment are all those Clinton Cultists who believe in a Crooked Hillary. Which now ALL can treat the embarrassment as it deserves.

I can Live with Hillary as President :wink:

Can you with Donald as President?

Mark III
06-08-2016, 01:21 PM

If only the country were made up of REASON readers, libertarians all, what a paradise America would be. Except for the many areas where libertarian philosophy would be terrible for the population.

And so it goes.

Mark III
06-08-2016, 01:23 PM

The last and ultimate resort of the Clinton haters is to claim complete equivalency of detriment and deficiency between her and Trump.

They have nothing true to say so they say that.

MMC
06-08-2016, 01:27 PM

Yep I can.....and I can see him being a one term president and then the Repubs taking the next 8 years. Leaving the Democrats to try and come up with a bench and a reason to go on being a party. :kiss:

Common
06-08-2016, 01:28 PM

Man what a horrifc pair, who would ever have thought we would as a country come down to these two clowns.

Common
06-08-2016, 01:29 PM

Im with you 100% both of them suck, this is the best our crooked politics can present us. I dont care who wins we lose either way

hanger4
06-08-2016, 01:42 PM
The last and ultimate resort of the Clinton haters is to claim complete equivalency of detriment and deficiency between her and Trump.

Just because you're blind and or in denial doesn't mean everyone else is.

Chris
06-08-2016, 01:43 PM

^^^What the Trump haters claim.

Ever think some of us might genuinely dislike both, think both are and will be disasters for this country? Ever think?

Common
06-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Im with you 100% both of them suck, this is the best our crooked politics can present us. I dont care who wins we lose either way

Oops by the way dont tell the left wingers I said this, because for them they only get. TRUMPS the greatest ever :)

MMC
06-08-2016, 01:59 PM
^^^What the Trump haters claim.

Ever think some of us might genuinely dislike both, think both are and will be disasters for this country? Ever think?

Well.....I bought nose plugs when I have to pull the lever for Trump. But we cannot allow Hillary to pick 2 SCOTUS Judges and allow the Demos to sell out the rest of the Country.

Chris
06-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Well.....I bought nose plugs when I have to pull the lever for Trump. But we cannot allow Hillary to pick 2 SCOTUS Judges and allow the Demos to sell out the rest of the Country.

I figure it might be better to vote for the greater of two evils. :D

Chris
06-08-2016, 02:07 PM
https://i.snag.gy/ZfIpdH.jpg

Truth Detector
06-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Can someone tell me how Trump is "thin skinned" but the current idiot in the White House is not? How is this a NEW thing? One thing we can be assured of with the TrumpTard, he won't back down like a little pansy when the idiots from the lame stream media try to make him look bad.

This isn't about being thin skinned; it's about responding to a media organization who no longer report the news, but create false narratives and promote a leftist agenda. Let's try to be honest here.

MMC
06-08-2016, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI3IxQ-WmTo

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Trump is not thinned skin. He does however reject political correctness.

Captain Obvious
06-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I don't think Trump is thin skinned, I think he's lived a privileged life where he doesn't need to have a filter. And I think he's a bit of a showman, he has to be being a real estate tycoon.

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 04:54 PM
I liked it when he pointed out the reporter and called him a sleaze.

Chris
06-08-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't think Trump is thin skinned, I think he's lived a privileged life where he doesn't need to have a filter. And I think he's a bit of a showman, he has to be being a real estate tycoon.

He used to being boss and not taking guff from anyone.

Captain Obvious
06-08-2016, 04:55 PM
I liked it when he pointed out the reporter and called him a sleaze.

He's entertaining, I'll give him that.

And he doesn't need a teleprompter or script to speak his mind, he says everything from scratch.

I'm still not voting for him.

Chris
06-08-2016, 05:00 PM
The OP was really an argument against neocon war-hawk Clinton's calling him thin-skinned.

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 05:01 PM
He's entertaining, I'll give him that.

And he doesn't need a teleprompter or script to speak his mind, he says everything from scratch.

I'm still not voting for him.

I will likely vote Libertarian. The only reason I would vote Trump is over the Supreme Court issue. If Hillary gets 1-3 or more picks the nation will literally collapse over the course of the next decade.

spunkloaf
06-08-2016, 06:19 PM

To be fair, we don't really have much access to Trump's official stance on the war, do we? And I wonder if we did, how much did he profit from it?

spunkloaf
06-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Ugh. I've said it before, I would not be offended if Trump became president. I prefer Hillary. However, he ​really does have thin skin. He threatened to sue Rosie O'Donnell over their exchange of insults because he wanted to "empty her fat-ass pockets." He sued Bill Maher for $5 million because Bill Maher said he would pay Trump $5 million if Trump could produce proof that he is not the product of his mother and an orangutan. Trump is so sue-happy, and to me that suggests he is a whiner. Even Rosie O'Donnell made the remark on The View that he would probably sue her for what she said, and indeed he made the threat.

He's an extremely retaliatory man. There's just no guessing what he won't do if he gets into the White House and represents the United States. The attitude he puts forward about foreign policy is scary to me. He would make our country look belligerent and arrogant, the way we looked to the world when Bush was in office.

Tahuyaman
06-08-2016, 06:34 PM
the embarrassment is shared. It's embarrassing that either one of them are even in the conversation for POTUS, let alone the choice by the two major political parties.

MMC
06-08-2016, 06:37 PM
I will likely vote Libertarian. The only reason I would vote Trump is over the Supreme Court issue. If Hillary gets 1-3 or more picks the nation will literally collapse over the course of the next decade.

Exactly......whoever is the next President will certainly have 2 picks. The Demos can't be allowed to play with the Constitution any more.