PDA

View Full Version : There are 20 completely open primaries/caucuses

AZ Jim
06-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Which means ANYONE (read Republicans) can vote for Sanders. Sanders won N. Dakota and Montana (both open voting) in this last round of Primaries and caucuses. I'd love to know how many Republicans voted for Sanders.

del
06-08-2016, 04:13 PM
lol

yes, it was all republican dirty tricks

otherwise, hillary would have gotten all the votes.

Tahuyaman
06-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Which means ANYONE (read Republicans) can vote for Sanders. Sanders won N. Dakota and Montana (both open voting) in this last round of Primaries and caucuses. I'd love to know how many Republicans voted for Sanders.

So, only Republicans cross over and vote in an open primary?

zelmo1234
06-08-2016, 04:19 PM
but

Maybe toward the end. I know that in MI we knew what the outcome was and many Republicans voted Bernie!

But before that I doubt it would be very many.

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 04:20 PM
All primaries should be open if tax dollars are used in anyway in the primary process.

AZ Jim
06-08-2016, 04:22 PM
All primaries should be open if tax dollars are used in anyway in the primary process.I disagree. Why should a Democrat pick a republican that they felt had the least chance to win and vice-versa.

FindersKeepers
06-08-2016, 04:26 PM
I disagree. Why should a Democrat pick a republican that they felt had the least chance to win and vice-versa.

Maybe they really wanted him to win.

At any rate -- the latest talk is that Bernie supporters are going to launch a massive write-in campaign.

Green Arrow
06-08-2016, 04:35 PM
I disagree. Why should a Democrat pick a republican that they felt had the least chance to win and vice-versa.

The economy is in malaise, millions of poor people are struggling to pay their bills. Why should our taxes go to pay for the DNC and RNC to have elaborate nominating conventions when that money could help a single mom pay rent?

Green Arrow
06-08-2016, 04:36 PM
How do we know Republicans didn't cross over and vote for Hillary?

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Then the Dems should pay all costs associated with the primary process. Take zero tax dollars.

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 04:51 PM
How do we know Republicans didn't cross over and vote for Hillary?

Neocons are by the bus load.

Tahuyaman
06-08-2016, 05:50 PM
The economy is in malaise, millions of poor people are struggling to pay their bills. Why should our taxes go to pay for the DNC and RNC to have elaborate nominating conventions when that money could help a single mom pay rent?

I'm wondering if there's a limit to how much money people want to throw at those who have become dependent upon government?