PDA

View Full Version : Why millennials are yawning at Hillary

Peter1469
06-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Why millennials are yawning at Hillary (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-millennials-are-yawning-at-the-likely-first-female-major-party-nominee-for-president/2016/06/07/11de9428-2cee-11e6-b5db-e9bc84a2c8e4_story.html)

I don't know, why?

A female presidential candidate has clinched a major-party nomination for the first time in U.S. history. No one seems to care — at least not many people in my millennial generation. Not even women, although they should.

Maybe my cohort is caught up in the moment of Donald Trump: Millennial liberals may think it’s more vital to ward off an age of authoritarianism than to usher in a new era for feminism. Certainly, we’ve been distracted by Bernie Sanders: For idealistic young voters, a rabble-rousing revolutionary feels more alluring than a political pragmatist, even one with two X chromosomes.

College campuses buzz these days with talk of “intersectionality,” the notion that different forms of discrimination interact and overlap. So to many voters of my generation, being a woman alone might not seem like enough, if you’re also white, straight, rich and, by the way, a Clinton.

Carrying that name means carrying a lot of baggage. Clinton has gotten flak for policies her husband championed while president, when today’s youngest voters hadn’t even reached preschool. Detractors point to the anti-crime and welfare reform efforts that took a greater toll on African Americans than any other population — and for which Hillary Clinton has since apologized (http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/04/14/brooklyn-democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-sorry-1994-crime-bill-6.cnn).

JDubya
06-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Who really gives a shit what millennials like and don't like?

I'm surprised a significant percentage of them are able to stop tweeting and pull their faces out of their iPhones long enough to know there's an election coming up.

del
06-08-2016, 06:45 PM
did they walk on your lawn, dumya?

gamewell45
06-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Eventually the Millennials will have to put down their playstations and come to the realization that they are going to have to make an informed decision come this November.

Common
06-08-2016, 07:11 PM
When a generation gets into its late 60s and 70s they are antiguated outdated humans to the younger generation. Hillary is there, plus even the younguns know now shes a dirtball and a liar and so is her husband.

What is to get excited about with her for the younger gen. NOTHING

TrueBlue
06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Why millennials are yawning at Hillary (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-millennials-are-yawning-at-the-likely-first-female-major-party-nominee-for-president/2016/06/07/11de9428-2cee-11e6-b5db-e9bc84a2c8e4_story.html)

I don't know, why?
Well can't you see it yet? They're yawning because they have just awakened from their deep comatose-like sleep and have finally taken off their rose-colored glasses that has, in effect, mesmerized them with Sanders offering all those free things with no real way to pay for them and now they find themselves facing reality and a better way! And they're now splashing some cold water on their face to face the reality of Hillary Clinton being their next president.

Common
06-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Well can't you see it yet? They're yawning because they have just awakened from their deep comatose-like sleep and have finally taken off their rose-colored glasses that has, in effect, mesmerized them with Sanders offering all those free things with no real way to pay for them and now they find themselves facing reality and a better way! And they're now splashing some cold water on their face to face the reality of Hillary Clinton being their next president.

yes yes thats it

TrueBlue
06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
When a generation gets into its late 60s and 70s they are antiguated outdated humans to the younger generation. Hillary is there, plus even the younguns know now shes a dirtball and a liar and so is her husband.

What is to get excited about with her for the younger gen. NOTHING
Oh, and you think Trump is the miraculous panacea to this country's ills? http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/taunt.gif http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_119.gif

TrueBlue
06-08-2016, 07:30 PM
yes yes thats it
Glad you too have awakened and taken off your rose-colored glasses in order to see clearly enough to agree with me. :)

Captain Obvious
06-08-2016, 08:40 PM
There's several generation gaps between them, and with candidates no longer being WASPs I sense that they're expecting more.

zelmo1234
06-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Look at this Forum. The younger voters are more principled than the older generation?

The Democrats are counting on the youth turning out for Hillary?

I don't think that it is going to happen, They hate her, and with good reason.

Peter1469
06-09-2016, 04:54 AM
Record low turnout with the younger generation.

Mac-7
06-09-2016, 05:09 AM

Not having lawns of their own they have to walk somewhere when they come up from their mom's basement.

The Sage of Main Street
06-09-2016, 01:15 PM

I don't know, why? A conceited Harvard book-slave thinks she represents a whole generation.

TrueBlue
06-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Record low turnout with the younger generation.
Not entirely. But despite that, she has just become the presumptive Democratic nominee with far greater delegates and Super Delegates than Sanders! That is very telling and is the bottom line here!

Peter1469
06-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Not entirely. But despite that, she has just become the presumptive Democratic nominee with far greater delegates and Super Delegates than Sanders! That is very telling and is the bottom line here!

Democratic primary votes were way down (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/devastating-hillary-clinton-received-1-5-million-fewer-votes-2016-2008-democrats-7-million-votes/). 7 million from 2008.

Common
06-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Democratic primary votes were way down (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/devastating-hillary-clinton-received-1-5-million-fewer-votes-2016-2008-democrats-7-million-votes/). 7 million from 2008.

Yep and thats OVERALL for both Sanders and Hillary. This new gen of voters the millenials I was reading the females dont take on the feminist movement. They dont feel left out, they have other issues that are more important to them.

They dont give a rats ass about the govt peeping on them either or overly worried about their privacy. I posted that article yesterday. Theres a whole new thing up and coming.

Peter1469
06-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Yep and thats OVERALL for both Sanders and Hillary. This new gen of voters the millenials I was reading the females dont take on the feminist movement. They dont feel left out, they have other issues that are more important to them.

They dont give a rats ass about the govt peeping on them either or overly worried about their privacy. I posted that article yesterday. Theres a whole new thing up and coming.

The younger women care about the economy. Not feminism.

The Xl
06-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Age doesn't have too much to do with it. Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul were both very popular with millennials. Clinton is just a bought crook with less charisma than a washcloth.

Common Sense
06-09-2016, 03:31 PM
These polls indicate that many Millennials will vote Clinton.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/06/06/mtv_poll_most_sanders_millennials_would_back_clint on_130787.html

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/25/11505126/poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Who really gives a $#@! what millennials like and don't like?

Smart people.

So that excludes you.

I'm surprised a significant percentage of them are able to stop tweeting and pull their faces out of their iPhones long enough to know there's an election coming up.

It's going to suck for you when millenials take over the political process in the coming years.

This is basically your last gasp, politically speaking.

No wonder you are so desperate to get a dishonest criminal like Hillary Clinton into the White House.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:41 PM

I didn't know mental institutions had lawns.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Eventually the Millennials will have to put down their playstations and come to the realization that they are going to have to make an informed decision come this November.

Says the guy with thousands of posts on internet forums...

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:43 PM

Why do you keep pretending like your political party isn't based entirely on empty promises for free stuff?

Do you think anyone will believe it?

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Not having lawns of their own they have to walk somewhere when they come up from their mom's basement.

Another person who is going to struggle in the coming years as millenials take over the political process.

Must suck to be you.

Perhaps you and Dubya can meet up and comfort one another?

Peter1469
06-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Smart people.

So that excludes you.

It's going to suck for you when millenials take over the political process in the coming years.

This is basically your last gasp, politically speaking.

No wonder you are so desperate to get a dishonest criminal like Hillary Clinton into the White House.

It will be refreshing to get new blood into politics. Especially with this group that hate the current status quo in politics.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
It will be refreshing to get new blood into politics. Especially with this group that hate the current status quo in politics.

Couldn't agree more.

For all the faults of the younger generations, they still show some real promise.

Ideologically speaking, many of them may be immature and underdeveloped, but I think a lot of them - left and right - are quite sincere in their patriotism, which goes a long way.

Common
06-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Age doesn't have too much to do with it. Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul were both very popular with millennials. Clinton is just a bought crook with less charisma than a washcloth.

I think age does have an impact in the sense all younger generations have a different world view. They take to bernie and rand because they have no other alternatives, no one their age with their values is running. They are like us left to choose the lesser of the evils