PDA

View Full Version : Sanders supporters warn Obama: Don't try to stop Bernie.....

MMC
06-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Ahahahaha. http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif The Clinton Cultists were all feeling their Kaitlyn Jenner Wheaties yesterday. Now the Sandmans supporters have had enough of the Cults rah rahs. What say ye.

Bernie Sanders’ supporters have some advice for President Barack Obama: Back off!

Thursday morning in the Oval Office, Obama will take his not-so-subtle campaign to ease Sanders out of an active campaign directly to the senator himself. But he’ll need to be diplomatic.

They view the president as trying to end the fight prematurely. They warn that it won’t work, and that the blowback might show him he’s not as popular with the Sanders wing of the Democratic Party as he might like to think.

“The president is not Senator Sanders’ boss. We’ve got to get this straight here,” said Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator who’s been traveling the country on behalf of the campaign. “There’s respect that’s for the commander in chief … But Senator Sanders is duly elected, and he’ll make his own decisions.”

Or else.....snip~

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-supporters-obama-224105

Quicksilver
06-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Sanders needs to listen to the President.. I expect that he will pivot now at this point and through is full support behind the presumptive Nominee.. I don't know where that will leave his most rabid "Sanders or no one" supporters.. It's doubtful they will turn in any great numbers for Trump. I guess they will have to find a new leader. The fact remains.. Clinton WON.. she won the popular as well as the pledged delegate counts. Sanders KNOWS that. The Super Delegates had nothing to do with it. Now Sanders has the job of helping to unite the party to defeat Trump... or whoever the GOP decides to nominate... and at this point, unless Trump tones it down.. it's anyones guess.

Green Arrow
06-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Sanders needs to listen to the President.. I expect that he will pivot now at this point and through is full support behind the presumptive Nominee.. I don't know where that will leave his most rabid "Sanders or no one" supporters.. It's doubtful they will turn in any great numbers for Trump. I guess they will have to find a new leader. The fact remains.. Clinton WON.. she won the popular as well as the pledged delegate counts. Sanders KNOWS that. The Super Delegates had nothing to do with it. Now Sanders has the job of helping to unite the party to defeat Trump... or whoever the GOP decides to nominate... and at this point, unless Trump tones it down.. it's anyones guess.

Sanders has no obligation to listen to the president or take any special effort to "unite the party." The obligation to unite the party is on Hillary and the DNC.

PolWatch
06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Again: I don't think the Sanders' camp will decide what to do until the convention. If Clinton agrees to include some of Sanders points in the platform, I think he will throw his support to Clinton. If Clinton doesn't agree, he will continue to fight the system. No one has accused Clinton or Sanders of stupidity. They both realize the alternative is Trump. I expect to see everyone making nice at the convention.

Now, what the individual voters will decide is anyone's guess. The dems will face the same choice as the repubs. Do I vote for someone I don't really support or do I vote for the party.

Cigar
06-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Barack Obama is scheduling Golfing trips for next year ... Burnie will be a Vermont Senator

MMC
06-09-2016, 07:35 AM
Asked about the situation as he left the House floor Wednesday, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), who’s also endorsed Sanders, didn’t want to talk about Obama. But he also didn’t want to discuss backing down.

“These are all word games. She’s not now the nominee, that is a decision that is made in Philadelphia at a certain time and a certain place,” Grayson said. “The convention will choose the nominee. There’s no way legally to bring that decision forward. It is what it is.”....snip~

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-supporters-obama-224105#ixzz4B5KhOfMn
Follow us: @politico on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=politico) | Politico on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=Politico)

Looks like Greyson is all for the convention. :laugh:

MMC
06-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Barack Obama is scheduling Golfing trips for next year ... Burnie will be a Vermont Senator

Yet that doesn't change the Sandmans supporters from Warning his ass, huh? :laugh:

JDubya
06-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Sanders has no obligation to listen to the president or take any special effort to "unite the party." The obligation to unite the party is on Hillary and the DNC.

The naiveté and lack of understanding of the real world by Sanders' supporters is almost cute in an annoying sort of way.

Let us know when you all are finished sucking your thumbs and pouting in the corner.

zelmo1234
06-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Sanders is an independent, and if they are not going to play ball with sanders he is taking his ball and running home.

If they Get Shitty with Sanders the GOP would do well to offer him a Committee chairmanship if he were to caucus with them.

He has enough votes to have about 5 of the 15 planks in the platform. And they are all likely to be far left.

Hillary does not even want him at the convention. The Dems are going to feel the Bern for a long time.

JDubya
06-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Bernie Sanders’ supporters have some advice for President Barack Obama: Back off!

Thursday morning in the Oval Office, Obama will take his not-so-subtle campaign to ease Sanders out of an active campaign directly to the senator himself. But he’ll need to be diplomatic.

They view the president as trying to end the fight prematurely. They warn that it won’t work, and that the blowback might show him he’s not as popular with the Sanders wing of the Democratic Party as he might like to think.

“The president is not Senator Sanders’ boss. We’ve got to get this straight here,” said Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator who’s been traveling the country on behalf of the campaign. “There’s respect that’s for the commander in chief … But Senator Sanders is duly elected, and he’ll make his own decisions.”

http://s33.postimg.org/hamp61hcf/mrfist.jpg

Crepitus
06-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Yet that doesn't change the Sandmans supporters from Warning his ass, huh? :laugh:
LOL, you didn't actually read anything but the headline of you link did you.
You're just stirring the pot.
Hack.

Crepitus
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM
The naiveté and lack of understanding of the real world by Sanders' supporters is almost cute in an annoying sort of way.

Let us know when you all are finished sucking your thumbs and pouting in the corner.
Yea, that's gonna encourage them to come over to your side.

MMC
06-09-2016, 08:37 AM
LOL, you didn't actually read anything but the headline of you link did you.
You're just stirring the pot.
Hack.

Right put your Ouija board away and quit talking to your imaginary friend. What a dumbfuck. :laugh:

JDubya
06-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Yea, that's gonna encourage them to come over to your side.

If they have any brains at all, the possibility of them having to utter the words President Trump ought to be more than enough to make them get over their childish petulance.

MMC
06-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Yeah yeah.....the Sanders supporters said you just be like BO peep, and Be Warned! :laugh:

Common
06-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Again: I don't think the Sanders' camp will decide what to do until the convention. If Clinton agrees to include some of Sanders points in the platform, I think he will throw his support to Clinton. If Clinton doesn't agree, he will continue to fight the system. No one has accused Clinton or Sanders of stupidity. They both realize the alternative is Trump. I expect to see everyone making nice at the convention.

Now, what the individual voters will decide is anyone's guess. The dems will face the same choice as the repubs. Do I vote for someone I don't really support or do I vote for the party.

I agree I dont see bernie sanders voters going trump en masse. I do believe something that is as bad for hillary that some will stay home and not vote. Trump will get a few of their votes that are truly that pissed at the hillary swindles against sanders and vote trump for spite.

But him getting a huge amount of them no he wont

domer76
06-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Ahahahaha. http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif The Clinton Cultists were all feeling their Kaitlyn Jenner Wheaties yesterday. Now the Sandmans supporters have had enough of the Cults rah rahs. What say ye.

Or else.....snip~

Duly elected to what. Certainly not the Democratic nominee.

MMC
06-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Sanders Delegates Prepare to Ruffle DNC Feathers at the Democratic National Convention....

Bernie Sanders supporters from New York are planning an all-out floor fight at the Democratic National Convention in July, Politico reports (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-convention-delegates-223848).

The group of delegates, handpicked by the Democratic challenger, are preparing to make their voices heard in Philadelphia, even if it means drowning out frontrunner Hillary Clinton as she attempts to unify the party and lead Democrats in their fight against Donald Trump. Politico notes:

Some 20,000 protesters are reportedly planning anti-Clinton protests outside of the convention hall. But interviews with members of Sanders’ New York delegation reveal that supporters of the Vermont senator are also considering bringing some of those protests inside the Wells Fargo Center itself—raising the prospect of an embarrassing spectacle on primetime TV.....Snip~

http://w.alternet.org/election-2016/sanders-supports-plan-floor-fight-democratic-national-convention

You Clinton Cult members better start being nice and Faaaaair as the Donald would say, to the Bernie Supporters. And Hillary, better be nice to and fair to Bernie.

Like they said.....or else! :laugh:

domer76
06-09-2016, 09:32 AM

Then let him get the fuck out of the way instead of threatening to subvert things.

JDubya
06-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Sanders might just end up as Hillary's running mate.

That would shut them up.

domer76
06-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Sanders might just end up as Hillary's running mate.

That would shut them up.

I don't see that happening.

MMC
06-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Duly elected to what. Certainly not the Democratic nominee.

Evidently she meant he was elected as a Senator. Her point was BO peep aint Bernies Boss.

Then it seems they are telling the Peep and Hillary.....there better not be none of that Slim Shady stuff going on. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/eusa_naughty.gif Or else. :grin:

JDubya
06-09-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't see that happening.

Might be a long shot but not out of the question.

Bernie is 71 years old. He's been a Senator in a minor state for decades. That is all he's got to look forward to after the final primary in DC next week. He knows it's over.

On the other hand, should Hillary offer it to him, he could have one final shot at a high profile job with significantly more pay and the opportunity to travel the world being involved in foreign affairs. Then, upon leaving office, assuming he lives that long, he could parlay his former high office into great personal wealth.

And given what a craven, opportunistic, limelight loving phony the man is, it's a course of action that's right up his alley.

Plus, it would be a surefire way for Hillary to get the BernBots in line.

I wouldn't discount the possibility right off hand.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Sanders has no obligation to listen to the president or take any special effort to "unite the party." The obligation to unite the party is on Hillary and the DNC. I know you aren't stupid so I have a difficult time with your positions. Sanders is the only one who can reign in his troops. Otherwise he'll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Quicksilver
06-09-2016, 10:30 AM
I know you aren't stupid so I have a difficult time with your positions. Sanders is the only one who can reign in his troops. Otherwise he'll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

He's not going to be a very popular Senator in DC if he doesn't.

MMC
06-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Say what.....he wasn't that popular anyways. You must be feeling the Second Degree Bern. :grin:

Crepitus
06-09-2016, 11:14 AM
If they have any brains at all, the possibility of them having to utter the words President Trump ought to be more than enough to make them get over their childish petulance.
Still not really helping.........

Green Arrow
06-09-2016, 12:39 PM
I know you aren't stupid so I have a difficult time with your positions. Sanders is the only one who can reign in his troops. Otherwise he'll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Hillary is the nominee. It has always been incumbent on the nominee to unite the party under their campaign.

Green Arrow
06-09-2016, 12:40 PM

He was never a very popular senator. There's more to life than popularity.

PolWatch
06-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Sanders is the longest serving INDEPENDENT member of Congress in history. He is very familiar with being unpopular with some. His consistency is what I have admired the most about him.

JDubya
06-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Hillary is the nominee. It has always been incumbent on the nominee to unite the party under their campaign.

Ridiculous oversimplification.

Sanders has extremely loyal followers who have been falsely led to believe, partially by he himself, that their man was cheated by a system that was rigged specifically to screw him in favor of Clinton.

They will only listen to him. If he has any regard whatsoever for the party he co-opted, used for his own ends and has caucused and voted with over many years, and if he has any care for his country and preventing an ass like Trump from taking over the WH, it IS up to him to put his personal ambition aside and get his followers on board for the greater good.

Just like Hillary had to do in 2008.

JDubya
06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
He was never a very popular senator. There's more to life than popularity.

Sanders is the longest serving INDEPENDENT member of Congress in history. He is very familiar with being unpopular with some. His consistency is what I have admired the most about him.

This will be different though.

Having contested for the Democratic nomination, if he screws the party by not doing everything he can to help their candidate win in November, he will get zero cooperation or support for anything he tries to do and I wouldn't be surprised if the state of Vermont suffered for it too.

Highway improvement money? We don't think so. Increased educational funding? Gonna have to say no to that, Bernie. Jobs programs? Can't help you there, Bern.

Sorry.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
He was never a very popular senator. There's more to life than popularity.You talking for yourself in that statement?

Cigar
06-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Or else.....snip~

Ooops ... He's Stopped :grin:

Sanders pledges to work against Trump after meeting Obama (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/64386-Sanders-pledges-to-work-against-Trump-after-meeting-Obama)

MMC
06-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Ooops ... He's Stopped :grin:

Sanders pledges to work against Trump after meeting Obama (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/64386-Sanders-pledges-to-work-against-Trump-after-meeting-Obama)

Ooooops......Did he stop? :laugh:

Bernie Sanders to Campaign Through DC Primary but Vows to Work With Hillary Clinton.....

While he vowed to compete in next week's primary, he promised to carry only his platform to his party's convention this summer.

https://gma.yahoo.com/obama-push-democratic-unity-oval-office-meeting-sanders-113759985--abc-news-topstories.html#

Green Arrow
06-09-2016, 03:42 PM
This will be different though.

Having contested for the Democratic nomination, if he screws the party by not doing everything he can to help their candidate win in November, he will get zero cooperation or support for anything he tries to do and I wouldn't be surprised if the state of Vermont suffered for it too.

Highway improvement money? We don't think so. Increased educational funding? Gonna have to say no to that, Bernie. Jobs programs? Can't help you there, Bern.

Sorry.

In the post directly above this one, you said Bernie has an obligation to his country and for the greater good to support Clinton and the DNC. Now, you're basically advocating a giant "fuck you" to the greater good and the country if he doesn't march in lockstep with you.

Is that the Democratic Party's war on poverty? If you're poor and you don't support us, you can suffer?

Green Arrow
06-09-2016, 03:43 PM
You talking for yourself in that statement?

Yes, I am. The day I stopped giving a shit how popular I was, was the day I learned how to live happily.

PolWatch
06-09-2016, 03:47 PM
I think Sanders has accomplished what he set out to do. He will have considerable influence on the platform and probably on the direction the dems go in the future. He has proved that younger people are not willing to accept the status quo. It remains to be seen how the dem party reacts. They can refuse and end up like the repubs (splintered by a Trump) or they can see the writing on the wall.

I'm still hopeful this election year will produce more viable choices for the next election.

Safety
06-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Right put your Ouija board away and quit talking to your imaginary friend. What a dumbfuck. :laugh:

Watch the language, take personal assessments to the PM function

JDubya
06-09-2016, 07:46 PM
In the post directly above this one, you said Bernie has an obligation to his country and for the greater good to support Clinton and the DNC. Now, you're basically advocating a giant "fuck you" to the greater good and the country if he doesn't march in lockstep with you.

Is that the Democratic Party's war on poverty? If you're poor and you don't support us, you can suffer?

How the hell did you derive all that out of me suggesting that if he screws the Democrats in November they would consider him persona non grata in the Senate and cut funding to projects in Vermont???

Pretty goofy logical stretch even for you.