PDA

View Full Version : Sanders pledges to work against Trump after meeting Obama

Cigar
06-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Bernie Sanders said Thursday he would work to defeat presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump in November, following a meeting with President Obama at the White House.

Sanders said he would speak with his rival, Hillary Clinton, about how to fight against Trump, but declined to endorse her or drop out of the presidential race.

“Needless to say, I am going to do everything in my power, and I will work as hard as I can to make sure Donald Trump does not become president of the United States,” the Vermont senator said.

Sanders said he phoned Clinton after Tuesday's primaries to congratulate her on her "strong campaign" and said they would speak soon about "how we can work together to defeat Donald Trump and to create a government that represents all of us and not just the one percent.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/282887-sanders-pledges-to-work-to-defeat-trump-after-meeting-obama

Safety
06-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Is there a .gif available showing a balloon popping?

Cigar
06-09-2016, 12:55 PM
breaking: obama endorses clinton!

Trump Aint Seen Nothin Yet
Wait until these 4 unite against him.

Dooms Day is coming Mr Trump and these are the 4 Horsemen

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/fashion/daily/2015/09/29/29-biden-clinton-sanders-obama.w750.h560.2x.jpg

PolWatch
06-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Is there a .gif available showing a balloon popping?

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M19cf1f9c1dace6cac181e4d71fb6d65bH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Cigar
06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Bernie Sanders talks campaign's next steps after White House visit
https://youtu.be/h7rTjIrK9uk

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:04 PM
So Bernie Sanders is going to help one of the most illiberal candidates in history (Hillary) become the president after she and her supporters endlessly slandered him and his supporters.

Way to be courageous, Bern.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm just worried that Hillary Clinton will start WWIII.

She hasn't met a military intervention she didn't like and she has compared the president of Russia to Adolf Hitler.

We're already in dangerous water when it comes to provoking Russia via NATO expansionism and encirclement of their country, so having a warmonger like Hillary in the White House portends a severe escalation of an already precarious situation.

Cigar
06-09-2016, 01:07 PM
So Bernie Sanders is going to help one of the most illiberal candidates in history (Hillary) become the president after she and her supporters endlessly slandered him and his supporters.

Way to be courageous, Bern.

An't It Exciting .... :terribletowel::yo::boobs::blob7::dancing:

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:10 PM
An't It Exciting .... :terribletowel::yo::boobs::blob7::dancing:

Car accidents are exciting, too, but I wouldn't want to be in one.

Safety
06-09-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm just worried that Hillary Clinton will start WWIII.

She hasn't met a military intervention she didn't like and she has compared the president of Russia to Adolf Hitler.

We're already in dangerous water when it comes to provoking Russia via NATO expansionism and encirclement of their country, so having a warmonger like Hillary in the White House portends a severe escalation of an already precarious situation.

Very true, but you don't have that same worry about Trump starting WWIII, when he has shown to lose his temper over the slightest thing?

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:18 PM

Way to be courageous, Bern.Where did she "slander" him? Waiting.................

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Where did she "slander" him? Waiting.................

Clinton allies shout ‘sexism’ at Sanders (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-sexism-bernie-sanders-215375)

Just one notable example.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Very true, but you don't have that same worry about Trump starting WWIII, when he has shown to lose his temper over the slightest thing?

Trump has stated his willingness to work with Putin and to reevaluate our role in NATO, so I'm much less worried about him starting WWIII than someone who compared the president of Russia to Adolf Hitler and who was involved in a coup on Russia's border.

To me, that is a stark, objective difference in foreign policy strategy.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Clinton allies shout ‘sexism’ at Sanders (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-sexism-bernie-sanders-215375)

Just one notable example.Repeat! How did SHE slander him? Not someone in a crowd, not anyone but HER!!!

Safety
06-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Trump has stated his willingness to work with Putin and to reevaluate our role in NATO, so I'm much less worried about him starting WWIII than someone who compared the president of Russia to Adolf Hitler and who was involved in a coup on Russia's border.

To me, that is a stark, objective difference in foreign policy strategy.

I don't agree, having a hot head that has openly stated that he will have no problems using nuclear weapons on Europe is either a blabbering fool, in which some country will call his bluff, or a Lil' Kim Il impersonator.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:31 PM
The idea that Trump would start WWIII because he got mad over something trivial is pretty silly.

But Hillary starting WWIII because she has a demonstrated propensity to behave aggressively towards the second most powerful military in human history is entirely reasonable.

The Russian people feel increasingly threatened by NATO expansion towards their borders and they are taking steps to counteract this expansionism.

Of the two candidates, only Trump has stated his willingness to work with Russia and to reevaluate the expansionist assumptions that characterize NATO's overarching strategy towards Russia.

And this kind of cooperative attitude is exactly what is needed if we're to avoid a catastrophic conflict between our countries.

Putin says Romania, Poland may now be in Russia's cross-hairs (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-europe-shield-idUSKCN0YI2ER)

This is in response to Romania and Poland installing so-called "missile defense shields" in their country, though some question just how "defensive" they really are.

These sorts of provocations imperil the entire world and they are likely to accelerate should Clinton become the President.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Repeat! How did SHE slander him? Not someone in a crowd, not anyone but HER!!!

She is responsible for her campaign.

And her campaign was throwing around the sexism accusation like a hot cake.

Just like her campaign started the birther rumor about Obama in 2008.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Ethereal ..... Where did she slander him, bigmouth?

Cigar
06-09-2016, 01:34 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) ..... Where did she slander him, bigmouth?

Facts Don't Matter

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't agree, having a hot head that has openly stated that he will have no problems using nuclear weapons on Europe is either a blabbering fool, in which some country will call his bluff, or a Lil' Kim Il impersonator.

That is a misrepresentation of what he said.

Safety
06-09-2016, 01:37 PM
So, we are to ignore Trumps outbursts and on-screen temper tantrums because.....we support him?

That's not logical.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:37 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) ..... Where did she slander him, bigmouth?

Look, if you want to pretend like Hillary Clinton isn't responsible for her own Presidential campaign, then that is fine.

But most people understand that the candidate sets the tone of their campaign and that the conduct of their surrogates is a direct consequence of that.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:40 PM
So, we are to ignore Trumps outbursts and on-screen temper tantrums because.....we support him?

That's not logical.

I don't support him.

I'm not voting for him or contributing any money or time to him.

But when he is right, he is right.

And he is right about many foreign policy issues, especially as it concerns Russia and NATO.

Also, you flatly misrepresented what he said about nuclear weapons.

He never said he had "no problem using nukes on Europe".

All he said was that he wouldn't rule anything out.

That's a far cry from comparing the President of Russia to Adolf Hitler.

You do remember what we did to Hitler, right?

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Facts Don't Matter

Coming from one of the least factual posters on the forum, that is quite amusing.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Look, if you want to pretend like Hillary Clinton isn't responsible for her own Presidential campaign, then that is fine.

But most people understand that the candidate sets the tone of their campaign and that the conduct of their surrogates is a direct consequence of that.So you then admit you lied about her slandering Bernie Sanders. See, you last post is merely a sloppy way of trying to make the boogie man (being caught in YOUR LIE) go away. From now on be careful to stick to what you can show proof of. That might get you some credibility. Now I'll give you one more chance. Show me a credible link to her "surrogate" committing the slander you referred to. I'll wait.

zelmo1234
06-09-2016, 01:44 PM

Actually I don't, because it is not good business

zelmo1234
06-09-2016, 01:45 PM
We will have to see what Bernie was promised.

If he comes across as a sell out, that is just as good for Trump as if he stays in the race.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:46 PM
So you then admit you lied about her slandering Bernie Sanders. See, you last post is merely a sloppy way of trying to make the boogie man (being caught in YOUR LIE) go away. From now on be careful to stick to what you can show proof of. That might get you some credibility. Now I'll give you one more chance. Show me a credible link to her "surrogate" committing the slander you referred to. I'll wait.

I already did provide it.

You ignored it and attempted to pretend like Hillary Clinton isn't responsible for her own presidential campaign.

If that's what you want to claim, then go ahead.

But she is a lying, conniving crook, so when her campaign starts accusing Sanders and his supporters of being sexist, it's safe to assume she had a hand in it.

Cigar
06-09-2016, 01:47 PM
We will have to see what Bernie was promised.

If he comes across as a sell out, that is just as good for Trump as if he stays in the race.

Keep Hope Alive ... can't you just be happy with what you Got and not Pray for Help? :grin:

Cigar
06-09-2016, 01:47 PM

You ignored it and attempted to pretend like Hillary Clinton isn't responsible for her own presidential campaign.

But she is a lying, conniving crook, so when her campaign starts accusing Sanders and his supporters of being sexist, it's safe to assume she had a hand in it.

:laugh: Is that it ... that's all you have?

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 01:53 PM
:laugh: Is that it ... that's all you have?

Maybe I should be more like you and AZ Jim and worship Democrat politicians?

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 01:55 PM

But she is a lying, conniving crook, so when her campaign starts accusing Sanders and his supporters of being sexist, it's safe to assume she had a hand in it.Ok....so we've established now that you didn't lie once. You lied twice. You couldn't show your original lie about Hillary slandering Sanders, then you tried to crawdad out by using the "surrogate" bit, but you cannot even prove that. In short, you are a damn hollow voice and a liar.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:01 PM
:laugh: Is that it ... that's all you have?He's a mouth. Just a mouth and a Liar.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Ok....so we've established now that you didn't lie once. You lied twice. You couldn't show your original lie about Hillary slandering Sanders, then you tried to crawdad out by using the "surrogate" bit, but you cannot even prove that. In short, you are a damn hollow voice and a liar.

I absolutely did prove it.

Liberals Go Off on Bernie Sanders for ‘Sexism’ After Tense Debate Moment With Hillary Clinton: ‘I’m Talking!’ (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/07/liberals-go-off-on-bernie-sanders-for-sexism-after-tense-debate-moment-with-hillary-clinton-im-talking/)

Like a typical Clinton cultist, you would rather live in a fantasy world than acknowledge the facts.

What a sad little man you are.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
He's a mouth. Just a mouth and a Liar.

Coming from a pathetic cultist who spends his time trying to get a lying criminal into the White House, I'll take that as a compliment.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:06 PM
AZ Jim, stop pretending like you have something against lies.

You support the biggest liar in America for President.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Bill Clinton rips Sanders backers' 'sexist,' 'profane' attacks (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/politics/bill-clinton-sanders-supporters-attacks/)

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Maybe I should be more like you and AZ Jim and worship Democrat politicians?No! Maybe you should keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything but lies and distortions to spew.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Hillary Clinton Is Smearing Bernie Sanders as a Sexist (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/10/hillary_clinton_is_smearing_bernie_sanders_as_a_se xist_it_s_an_insult_to.html)

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Squirm Ethereal Squirm.....

Ethereal
No! Maybe you should keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything but lies and distortions to spew.

You should probably take your own advice, because almost everything you say is a lie or a distortion.

But judging by your support for Hillary Clinton, lies and distortions aren't a problem for you.

Ethereal
Squirm @Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) Squirm.....

Proving you wrong is squirming?

TrueBlue
06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
While it's good that he called Secretary Clinton to congratulate her on her win, it would be even better if he would just drop out of the race and outright endorse her as that would make him look much better than he does now. People feel he is just causing division and problems for the Democratic Party by staying in the race and wanting to talk Clinton's delegates into coming over to his side when he has clearly not won them outright. That is problematic and America will be taking a good look at that.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:15 PM
AZ Jim goes out on a limb, accuses me of lying, and then when I prove him wrong, he just sticks to his guns.

Typical Democrat.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Hillary Clinton Is Stepping Up Her Smear Campaign Against Bernie (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/hillary_clinton_keeps_smearing_bernie_sanders_as_a _sexist_now_she_is_reaching.html)

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:24 PM
AZ Jim goes out on a limb, accuses me of lying, and then when I prove him wrong, he just sticks to his guns.

Typical Democrat.Ok, show us where you "proved me wrong" bigmouth.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Hillary Clinton Is Stepping Up Her Smear Campaign Against Bernie (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/hillary_clinton_keeps_smearing_bernie_sanders_as_a _sexist_now_she_is_reaching.html)

Again big block letters saying nothing. Damn don't you have any pride at all? No meat and no potatoes.

hanger4
06-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Again big block letters saying nothing. Damn don't you have any pride at all? No meat and no potatoes.

Link after link after link and you continue to deny.

Did you even read the links or do you fear they distroy you plausible deniability defense ??

maineman
06-09-2016, 02:39 PM

this link is from the fall of last year. did you see that???

Safety
06-09-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't support him.

I'm not voting for him or contributing any money or time to him.

But when he is right, he is right.

And he is right about many foreign policy issues, especially as it concerns Russia and NATO.

Also, you flatly misrepresented what he said about nuclear weapons.

He never said he had "no problem using nukes on Europe".

All he said was that he wouldn't rule anything out.

That's a far cry from comparing the President of Russia to Adolf Hitler.

You do remember what we did to Hitler, right?

I paraphrased, lets not split hairs.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Ethereal;1586761]You should probably take your own advice, because almost everything you say is a lie or a distortion.

Give it up boy.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Ok, show us where you "proved me wrong" bigmouth.

Posted several articles proving you wrong.

But you are probably too lazy to read them.

Or if you're not too lazy, then you're too dishonest to acknowledge the facts contained therein.

In any case, you're wrong.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:56 PM

Those are links to articles, old man.

I know this newfangled internet can be confusing sometimes, but you should have figured out by now what a hyperlink is and what it looks like.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:56 PM
this link is from the fall of last year. did you see that???

Yes, and?

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 02:57 PM
I paraphrased, lets not split hairs.

Saying "I won't rule anything out" is significantly different than saying "I have no problem with nuking Europe".

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Give it up boy.

Apparently, you don't understand how the internet works.

Take your mouse, scroll over the hyperlinks I provided, and click on them.

Once you've done that, proceed to read the articles, absorb the information therein, and attempt to reconcile that information with your deluded, worshipful attachment to Hillary Clinton.

The Xl
06-09-2016, 03:01 PM

He's not excessively hostile to Russia for no reason. It's why he's the best candidate in terms of substance. Hillary is a psychopath who will do whatever bankers and contractors tell her to.

The Xl
06-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Apparently, you don't understand how the internet works.

Take your mouse, scroll over the hyperlinks I provided, and click on them.

Once you've done that, proceed to read the articles, absorb the information therein, and attempt to reconcile that information with your deluded, worshipful attachment to Hillary Clinton.

You're wasting your time. Facts and logic don't matter to these people. You'd have a better chance of teaching your dog calculus then you would getting through to them.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I read your old link but even in it she does not call him sexist. When specifically asked if he was, she answered that her comments stood as she spoke them and for your information they did not call him a sexist. You are reaching but not grasping. I may be a old but I get around fine in electronics.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:19 PM
I read your old link but even in it she does not call him sexist. When specifically asked if he was, she answered that her comments stood as she spoke them and for your information they did not call him a sexist. You are reaching but not grasping. I may be a old but I get around fine in electronics.

This is the kind of scummy innuendo and insinuation that Democrats specialize in...

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:19 PM
You're wasting your time. Facts and logic don't matter to these people. You'd have a better chance of teaching your dog calculus then you would getting through to them.

There might be some lurkers or other posters who require edification.

AZ Jim
06-09-2016, 03:22 PM
This is the kind of scummy innuendo and insinuation that Democrats specialize in...And Republicans don't? Hahahahahahahaha You do know who "dirty tricks" were invented by, right?

The Xl
06-09-2016, 03:28 PM
There might be some lurkers or other posters who require edification.

Good point.

Ethereal
06-09-2016, 03:31 PM
And Republicans don't? Hahahahahahahaha You do know who "dirty tricks" were invented by, right?

Both parties are full of scum bags who use scummy tactics.

And that is why I do not support either party.

You, on the other hand, are up to your ears in scum.