PDA

View Full Version : Six times as many Sanders supporters would shift to Clinton over Trump – Poll

Cigar
06-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Six times as many Sanders supporters would shift to Clinton over Trump – poll (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/sanders-supporters-prefer-clinton-to-trump-exclusive-poll)

Exclusive: SurveyUSA data suggests Sanders voters could help Clinton
recapture young people, union members and critical midwest and
north-east states

Nearly six times as many Bernie Sanders supporters are prepared to shift their support to Hillary Clinton than vote for Donald Trump in November, according to an exclusive new poll which suggests Democrats are in a strong position to convert energy from their passionate primary contest into general election success.
However, the research, conducted by SurveyUSA for the Guardian, also shows that if Sanders were to find a way of staying in the presidential race, it could hand the White House to Trump, who would beat Clinton by three percentage points in that scenario.

Carried out the day after the California primary, the polling news comes amid residual pressure from some Sanders supporters for him to continue his struggle – either as an independent or perhaps by replacing Jill Stein, the Green party candidate, on that party’s ticket.

Yet when Sanders is removed from the equation and voters are offered the more expected lineup of Trump, Clinton, Stein and Johnson, it is the presumptive Democratic nominee who emerges on top with 39%, followed by Trump on 36%, Johnson at 6% and Stein on 4%. Only 5% of respondents told pollsters they would “stay at home and not vote” in this scenario.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/sanders-supporters-prefer-clinton-to-trump-exclusive-poll

Historic Epic Ass-Kicking Coming

Truth Detector
06-10-2016, 11:44 AM
It's obvious you failed math in grade school. If Trump gets 36% of the Sanders supporters, that spells DOOM for Clinton in the fall. DERP

Cigar
06-10-2016, 11:50 AM
It's obvious you failed math in grade school. If Trump gets 36% of the Sanders supporters, that spells DOOM for Clinton in the fall. DERP

If I were you I'd take that to the Bank :laugh:

Truth Detector
06-10-2016, 11:54 AM
If I were you I'd take that to the Bank :laugh:

What I am banking on is you having a brain aneurism when Trump is announced the winner. I think the wishful thinking leftTards are in denial if they don't believe there is a massive broad appeal for a non-politician this election cycle; one that even craps on the Bush legacy and pins it on Hitlery.

del
06-10-2016, 02:12 PM
six times zero is still zero.

fuck hillary.

Common Sense
06-10-2016, 02:15 PM
I suspect that Sanders will come out soon and ask that his supporters support Hillary. How many will remains to be seen. I think some will, some will stay home and a fraction (for whatever reason, probably brain damage) will support Trump.

Common Sense
06-10-2016, 02:15 PM
six times zero is still zero.

fuck hillary.

Gross...that's Bill's job.

Cthulhu
06-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Six times as many Sanders supporters would shift to Clinton over Trump – poll (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/sanders-supporters-prefer-clinton-to-trump-exclusive-poll)

Exclusive: SurveyUSA data suggests Sanders voters could help Clinton
recapture young people, union members and critical midwest and
north-east states

Nearly six times as many Bernie Sanders supporters are prepared to shift their support to Hillary Clinton than vote for Donald Trump in November, according to an exclusive new poll which suggests Democrats are in a strong position to convert energy from their passionate primary contest into general election success.
However, the research, conducted by SurveyUSA for the Guardian, also shows that if Sanders were to find a way of staying in the presidential race, it could hand the White House to Trump, who would beat Clinton by three percentage points in that scenario.

Carried out the day after the California primary, the polling news comes amid residual pressure from some Sanders supporters for him to continue his struggle – either as an independent or perhaps by replacing Jill Stein, the Green party candidate, on that party’s ticket.

Yet when Sanders is removed from the equation and voters are offered the more expected lineup of Trump, Clinton, Stein and Johnson, it is the presumptive Democratic nominee who emerges on top with 39%, followed by Trump on 36%, Johnson at 6% and Stein on 4%. Only 5% of respondents told pollsters they would “stay at home and not vote” in this scenario.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/sanders-supporters-prefer-clinton-to-trump-exclusive-poll

Historic Epic Ass-Kicking Coming
Cigar, you don't have to support either one you know.

It's not like they're black or something.

:cool:

Yep, went there.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Tahuyaman
06-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Six times as many Sanders supporters would shift to Clinton over Trump – Poll
I'm surprised any Sanders supporters would throw their support to Trump.

zelmo1234
06-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Cigar, you don't have to support either one you know.

It's not like they're black or something.

:cool:

Yep, went there.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Now Cigar has worked very hard to get his position up in the House. He is not going to stop Kissing that ass now.

Tahuyaman
06-11-2016, 09:09 PM
I suspect that Sanders will come out soon and ask that his supporters support Hillary. How many will remains to be seen. I think some will, some will stay home and a fraction (for whatever reason, probably brain damage) will support Trump.

Thats not a bod prediction as Sanders has already stated that he will support Hillary Clinton and ask his supporters to do the same. I'm certain most will, or simply not vote.