PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Warren meets with Hillary Clinton as vice-presidential rumors swirl

Cigar
06-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Hillary Clinton hosted Senator Elizabeth Warren at her Washington home on Friday, fuelling speculation that the pair could join forces to form an all-female ticket in the presidential election.

The senator from Massachusetts arrived at Clinton’s house in an affluent, tree-lined suburb near Observatory Circle just before 10.40am and left about an hour later without taking questions from the media.

The women have had several conversations over the past month, the Washington Post reported.

Warren, 66, endorsed Clinton on Thursday night and, asked by MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow if she felt confident she could be commander-in-chief if she became vice-president and had to assume the top job, replied: “Yes, I do.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-vice-president-rumors

JDubya
06-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Clinton was asked about that by Lester Holt (I think) yesterday and she said they haven't really put much thought into that yet. Bernie was mentioned too.

Common Sense
06-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I like Warren but I'd rather see someone else as VP.

Cigar
06-10-2016, 02:30 PM

The GOP and Donald Trump could never live down getting beat by two Women :tongue:

Chris
06-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Would make sense to bring in an attack dog.

TrueBlue
06-10-2016, 02:35 PM

The GOP and Donald Trump could never live down getting beat by two Women :tongue:
True. But I think Hillary's best bet is to go with Julian Castro. He can sure bring in the Hispanic and Latino vote and is experienced and very popular! It would be a Win-Win situation and she could sure make great gains with him on the ticket!

Cigar
06-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Would make sense to bring in an attack dog.

An affective Attack Dog

Cigar
06-10-2016, 02:39 PM
True. But I think Hillary's best bet is to go with Julian Castro. He can sure bring in the Hispanic and Latino vote and is experienced and very popular! It would be a Win-Win situation and she could sure make great gains with him on the ticket!

Yep ... but the first think out of anyone mouth is ... would he be ready to be President?

That question is always two sided ... only 44 has been President, was all of them ready on day one?

One can never say for sure until they are in that spot, but it's best to be confident and to have people surrounding you qualified.

No one knows everything.

Cigar
06-10-2016, 02:54 PM
With Trumps thin skin and Glass Jaw ... I would think one punch from Warren would be enough to take the Donald down

The Xl
06-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Picking an aggressive establishment female wouldn't make sense politically. Clinton already has those bases covered. It would make sense strategically to pick a white male, I'd think.

PolWatch
06-10-2016, 03:08 PM

I think Castro is more likely as VP. I just don't see an all female ticket.

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Picking someone who lied about being a Cherokee doesn't seem like a good move.

But lying doesn't seem to bother party loyalists, otherwise Hillary Clinton would have lost the primary to Bernie Sanders.

Cletus
06-10-2016, 03:19 PM

They wouldn't have to... at least not by those two.

Cigar
06-10-2016, 03:19 PM

But lying doesn't seem to bother party loyalists, otherwise Hillary Clinton would have lost the primary to Bernie Sanders.

Man this Cherokee thing really hurt you deep.

But somehow you can handle hours and hours of Donald Trump lies :laugh:

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Man this Cherokee thing really hurt you deep.

But somehow you can handle hours and hours of Donald Trump lies :laugh:

It didn't hurt me at all.

It's just a lie.

But lies don't bother loyalists.

Otherwise they would have picked Bernie Sanders instead of Hillary Clinton.

AZ Jim
06-10-2016, 04:26 PM

But lying doesn't seem to bother party loyalists, otherwise Hillary Clinton would have lost the primary to Bernie Sanders.She hasn't been proven a liar so stfu.

AZ Jim
06-10-2016, 04:27 PM
I believe Warren would be a more effective Senate MAJORITY leader.

Green Arrow
06-10-2016, 04:31 PM
I believe Warren would be a more effective Senate MAJORITY leader.

Certainly a lot better than Schumer. I'd vote for Warren for president though, if she stays the hardline progressive that she is.

Her as VP won't be enough to get Hillary my vote though.

Peter1469
06-10-2016, 04:38 PM
She hasn't been proven a liar so stfu.

fans can be insane at times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

Hillary is a serial liar.

hanger4
06-10-2016, 04:44 PM

Sure she has, by the very fact that she hasn't done the DNA test to put this matter to rest.

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 04:49 PM

She's definitely a liar.

And if you want me to STFU, then you're going to have to make me.

Peter1469
06-10-2016, 04:52 PM
She's definitely a liar.

And if you want me to STFU, then you're going to have to make me.

Not fair. He is elderly.

Cletus
06-10-2016, 04:54 PM

You really are stuck on stupid. She is not, never has been and never will be Cherokee.

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Not fair. He is elderly.

If he wants to act like a tough guy, then I'll treat him like one... :cool2:

Peter1469
06-10-2016, 04:57 PM
If he wants to act like a tough guy, then I'll treat him like one... :cool2:

Just kick his cane and get out of the way as he falls.

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 04:59 PM

Even in the prime of his life, he would back down and cower.

I wouldn't need to do anything.

AZ Jim
06-10-2016, 05:10 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870), Let's get something straight. You first spoke of violence, not me. I know about internet tough guys, I am not one. I told you to show me where it had been proven the EW lied about her heritage or STFU. You took it from there. I will say this though, when I was a young man I was always too proud to run. I was in some pretty hairy situations and I'm still here. So cool it on the idea I am a tough guy, it ain't happening no a days.

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 05:17 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870), Let's get something straight. You first spoke of violence, not me. I know about internet tough guys, I am not one. I told you to show me where it had been proven the EW lied about her heritage or STFU. You took it from there. I will say this though, when I was a young man I was always too proud to run. I was in some pretty hairy situations and I'm still here. So cool it on the idea I am a tough guy, it ain't happening no a days.

I'm not speaking of violence.

But that is the only way you're going to get me to STFU.

In any case, Warren is a liar.

She is not a Cherokee.

She is a miserable white twat.

Peter1469
06-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Maybe Andrew Jackson slapped the Cherokee white. :shocked:

AZ Jim
06-10-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm not speaking of violence.

But that is the only way you're going to get me to STFU.

In any case, Warren is a liar.

She is not a Cherokee.

She is a miserable white twat.Pal, you are white trash. Your mom teach you to talk about genitalia like you constantly do?

Ethereal
06-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Pal, you are white trash. Your mom teach you to talk about genitalia like you constantly do?

Even if I were white trash, I'd still be classier than a liar like Warren.

Peter1469
06-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Pal, you are white trash. Your mom teach you to talk about genitalia like you constantly do?

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

AZ Jim
06-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Even if I were white trash, I'd still be classier than a liar like Warren.Jesus, you ARE delusional.

Cletus
06-10-2016, 05:32 PM
AZJim, honestly, I am not blowing smoke at you when I tell you that Warren's claims of being of Cherokee descent have thoroughly debunked by experts. They were not true.

You really need to accept that and move on.

Cthulhu
06-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Or just walk up a flight of stairs.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

The Sage of Main Street
06-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Hillary Clinton hosted Senator Elizabeth Warren at her Washington home on Friday, fuelling speculation that the pair could join forces to form an all-female ticket in the presidential election.

The senator from Massachusetts arrived at Clinton’s house in an affluent, tree-lined suburb near Observatory Circle just before 10.40am and left about an hour later without taking questions from the media.

The women have had several conversations over the past month, the Washington Post reported.

Warren, 66, endorsed Clinton on Thursday night and, asked by MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow if she felt confident she could be commander-in-chief if she became vice-president and had to assume the top job, replied: “Yes, I do.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-vice-president-rumors Squaw powwows with Squawk.

The Sage of Main Street
06-11-2016, 01:16 PM

They wouldn't have to... at least not by those two.
Better re-run Rom, boys
Only he can defeat
Those Demoncrat tomboys

Ransom
06-12-2016, 06:42 AM
I'd bring in a moderate, experienced, aisle crosser

It attracts more never Trumps, it reinforces her I'm sane he ain't tack.

She's savvy that's what she'll do, if she errs.......... picks someone who is also a fraud... who knows.

Quicksilver
06-12-2016, 06:52 AM
I think Castro is more likely as VP. I just don't see an all female ticket.

Why not... we have lot's of experience with "same gender" presidential tickets.. don't we?

However, I think her choice should be Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio. He could deliver that swing state for her.

Common
06-12-2016, 06:55 AM
I liked Elizabeth Warrens and I really liked her taking on wall street and standing up for the little guy.

Her claiming to be indian to get financial benefit shows shes no better than the wall street she calls devious crooks.

If she were true to her beliefs about wall street she would turn hillary down flatly to be here Vice President. Hillary is OWNED by wall street

Ransom
06-12-2016, 07:09 AM
I don't know..... Lewis and Clark took an Indian with them, solid results.

Green Arrow
06-12-2016, 09:48 AM
I liked Elizabeth Warrens and I really liked her taking on wall street and standing up for the little guy.

Her claiming to be indian to get financial benefit shows shes no better than the wall street she calls devious crooks.

If she were true to her beliefs about wall street she would turn hillary down flatly to be here Vice President. Hillary is OWNED by wall street

There's no evidence she intended to decieve and there's no evidence she actually benefited from it.

Ransom
06-12-2016, 01:18 PM
There's no evidence she intended to decieve and there's no evidence she actually benefited from it.

Benefitted from what?