PDA

View Full Version : tPF Candidate Bumps

PolWatch
06-11-2016, 06:17 AM
After steadily dropping in the polls, Clinton has started to climb (not a lot-but not more drop). Interesting that Trump reached a high before he was considered the apparent nominee. He has dropped steadily in the polls since then. Its usual for a candidate to receive a bump when they become the only candidate in each party. Its not usual for a candidate to start dropping in the polls. The only polls that matter will happen in November but it sure is fun to watch 'em now!

There is a good graph at the link showing both candidates rise & fall in the polls. Looks like a rough ski slope.

Poll
Date
Sample
MoE
Clinton (D)
Trump (R)
Spread

RCP Average
5/13 - 6/8
--
--
Clinton +3.8

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

stjames1_53
06-11-2016, 06:20 AM
...and another poll might show Trump neck and neck, and another might show Hildebeast trailing Trump...
I don't trust polls............

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Hillary was bound to rise in the polls as the Bern was put out. Let's see what happens when the two presumed nominees go head to head.

PolWatch
06-11-2016, 06:25 AM
...and another poll might show Trump neck and neck, and another might show Hildebeast trailing Trump...
I don't trust polls............

This is true. I think the Real Clear Politics gives the best average of many reputable polls....not just the slanted ones that favor one party.