PDA

View Full Version : Medical errors still the 3rd leading cause of death in America

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Medical errors still the 3rd leading cause of death in America (http://wakeup-world.com/2016/06/02/medical-errors-still-the-third-leading-cause-of-death/)

The gun grabbers should focus on big numbers instead of their 30K, mostly of which is self inflicted.

Sixteen years ago, I read an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) that stunned me. I was shocked. JAMA published it. Although the article did not explicitly state it, the data was very clear.

So I published my summary of the study, which revealed that doctors are in fact the third leading cause of death in the U.S.[1] You likely have seen this statistic or headline, but you may not be aware that I was the one who created that headline, which has been widely circulated on the internet and virtually never attributed to me as the person who saw through the data to make that conclusion.

Dr. Barbara Starfield was the author of that JAMA study, published in 2000, and her research documented how a staggering 225,000 Americans die from iatrogenic causes, meaning their death is caused by a physician’s or hospital’s activity, manner, or therapy. Her statistics showed that each year:

– 12,000 die from unnecessary surgery
– 7,000 die from medication errors in hospitals
– 20,000 die from other errors in hospitals
– 80,000 die from hospital-acquired infections
– 106,000 die from the negative side effects of drugs taken as prescribed

Back then, few people believed it, but in recent days headlines echoing my original 2000 article have made the rounds in many of the major media outlets.[2],[3],[4],[5],[6],[7]

One of the reasons why many are still surprised by these statistics is due to fundamental flaws in the tracking of medical errors (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/20/medical-errors-public-disclosure.aspx), which has shielded the reality of the situation and kept it out of the public eye.

PolWatch
06-11-2016, 06:50 AM
Hospitals are dangerous places. I have contacted severe staph infections while at a hospital for tests only. I have had several things done at out-patient surgery centers. The local hospitals don't like them and they lobby for much harsher requirements so they are actually held to a higher standard than a regular hospital (around here). Its only the opinion of a non-medical person, but I have never come home with a new, contagious infection from an out-patient surgery center. Of course, people need to do a little research on both the facility and any physician they are thinking of using.

exotix
06-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Medical errors still the 3rd leading cause of death in America (http://wakeup-world.com/2016/06/02/medical-errors-still-the-third-leading-cause-of-death/)

The gun grabbers should focus on big numbers instead of their 30K, mostly of which is self inflicted.This exonerates Lapierre I presume ?

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 08:41 AM
This exonerates Lapierre I presume ?

Exo Americans are pro gun. You are not an American.

Crepitus
06-11-2016, 09:58 AM

The gun grabbers should focus on big numbers instead of their 30K, mostly of which is self inflicted.

Would have carried much more impact if you hadn't gone all "partisan hack" with the phrase "gun grabbers" before you ever got to the meat of the post.

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Would have carried much more impact if you hadn't gone all "partisan hack" with the phrase "gun grabbers" before you ever got to the meat of the post.

I suppose the dim people get distracted easily.

Crepitus
06-11-2016, 10:15 AM
I suppose the dim people get distracted easily.
Nice Pete. Lets start off the day with some insults.

You can tell the place has gone to shit when the mods are no more than just part of the problem.

I'm outa here.

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM

You can tell the place has gone to shit when the mods are no more than just part of the problem.

I'm outa here.

Keep up with the posts.

The hard left was complaining about suicides and gun violence.

exotix
06-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Exo Americans are pro gun. You are not an American.Well, once you get shot to death you don't have to worry about being American anymore while the dude who shot you to death goes on actually believing he's American ... Zimmy comes to mind on that one.

MMC
06-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Keep up with the posts.

The hard left was complaining about suicides and gun violence.

Oh.....they were complaining about Chicago's gun violence? When did that start taking place?

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Well, once you get shot to death you don't have to worry about being American anymore while the dude who shot you to death goes on actually believing he's American ... Zimmy comes to mind on that one.

Don't you have to wait for your government minder to help you with your next bowel movementt?

Can't you not comment on Americans living as individuals without the micromanagement of the State?

Or do you get paid to recruit for government slaves?

exotix
06-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Don't you have to wait for your government minder to help you with your next bowel movementt?

Can't you not comment on Americans living as individuals without the micromanagement of the State?

Or do you get paid to recruit for government slaves?When did medical errors become the same as murderers with guns ?

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 11:02 AM
When did medical errors become the same as murderers with guns ?

Almost 10 times the number are killed by doctors' mistakes. And you shit the bed over guns deaths. And the vast majority of those are suicides.

You need to flee the country and live somewhere else.

birddog
06-11-2016, 11:06 AM

You can tell the place has gone to $#@! when the mods are no more than just part of the problem.

I'm outa here.

Good riddance! Nice job Peter! :grin:

exotix
06-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Almost 10 times the number are killed by doctors' mistakes. And you $#@! the bed over guns deaths. And the vast majority of those are suicides.

You need to flee the country and live somewhere else.I'm just saying you could've used a better analogy ... say for instance, more people die when galaxy's collide than all medical errors and gun-deaths combined ... that is, if the bible allows you to believe life exists on other planets.

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm just saying you could've used a better analogy ... say for instance, more people die when galaxy's collide than all medical errors and gun-deaths combined ... that is, if the bible allows you to believe life exists on other planets.

Your government minder won't make your next bowel movement. You must hold it. He will get to you in about a couple of weeks.

exotix
06-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Your government minder won't make your next bowel movement. You must hold it. He will get to you in about a couple of weeks.This shit may fly on the forum but I'd be hard-pressed to believe you're a JAG Corps officer.

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
This shit may fly on the forum but I'd be hard-pressed to believe you're a JAG Corps officer.

So?

8 days and I can retire after 26 years of active and reserve service.

:wink:

exotix
06-11-2016, 11:42 AM
So?

:wink:Kind of like Charleton Heston and Jay Leno only coming-out as RW loons only at the end of their careers ... LOL

Peter1469
06-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Kind of like Charleton Heston and Jay Leno only coming-out as RW loons only at the end of their careers ... LOL

You are so cute.

MMC
06-11-2016, 12:08 PM
So?

Congrads Peter. Sua Sponte. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/GHGecko/ANI_GIFs/BUs/Smiley_BU_Sign_Salute_A_Vet.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ

The Sage of Main Street
06-11-2016, 01:57 PM

What do you expect from a medical education that means the wannabe doctors' parents buying them a job?

sachem
06-11-2016, 02:02 PM
This exonerates Lapierre I presume ?Take a break.

Crepitus
06-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Good riddance! Nice job Peter! :grin:

Up yours Wile E.

Common
06-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Medical errors are insidious bad drs are had to get info on, even if they have malpractice suits and sanctions from the AMA

Some hospitals are sewers of bacteria because they are not properly kept clean. Its a mess like everyhing else its about profit profit profit

Ravens Fan
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM
So?

:weedsmoking:

Dr. Who
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Medical errors are insidious bad drs are had to get info on, even if they have malpractice suits and sanctions from the AMA

Some hospitals are sewers of bacteria because they are not properly kept clean. Its a mess like everyhing else its about profit profit profit
Very true. One of the first areas to be cut back in hospitals trying to maintain profits is cleaning. Add to that a lack of hygiene protocols among medical staff and you have a recipe for the transmission of disease. This is especially critical for the very young, the elderly and anyone with immune deficiencies.

Cthulhu
06-13-2016, 07:24 AM
When did medical errors become the same as murderers with guns ?
One causes more death than the other and is entirely avoidable.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.