PDA

View Full Version : Another way to look at the causation of Islamic terrorism on American soil

donttread
06-12-2016, 11:33 AM
If those of you who believe the ME just hates us upon general prinipals enough to conduct terrorism on America soil are correct then major islamic terrorist attacks on American soil should pre date our interventionism in the region.
If there was little or no terrorist activity on American soil prior to our interventionism in their world then it would stand to reason that said interventionism has brought these wolves to our door. Not to mention that this is often the reason they give for their vile actions.
I'm having some trouble finding much major islamic terrorism on American soil before the 70's or 80's long after interventionism has begun and even been ramped up.
Remember, for the attack to have been on American soil, there had to be an America so anything prior to 1776 doesn't count. Nor does piracy of a western ship sailing in or near their waters.
So me what ya got preferrably without the whole drama emotional bit

Mister D
06-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Angry over US political intervention in the Mideast...attacks gay nightclub in Orlando Florida as revenge. Yeah, makes sense.

donttread
06-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Angry over US political intervention in the Mideast...attacks gay nightclub in Orlando Florida as revenge. Yeah, makes sense.

WE were angry over Pearl Harbor and attacked at least three civilian cities . It's kinda of how war works, especially when you are out gunned.
BTW, you must forgotten that list if islanic terrorism on Amerian sil prioe to 1970 or so

Mister D
06-12-2016, 12:56 PM
WE were angry over Pearl Harbor and attacked at least three civilian cities . It's kinda of how war works, especially when you are out gunned.
BTW, you must forgotten that list if islanic terrorism on Amerian sil prioe to 1970 or so

Right. This nightclub wasn't targeted because it was full of homos. Nah. It was a random act. hey, where can I shoot a whole bunch of people? Oh, the gay night club. Of course!

donttread
06-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Right. This nightclub wasn't targeted because it was full of homos. Nah. It was a random act. hey, where can I shoot a whole bunch of people? Oh, the gay night club. Of course!

Irrevent is whom the wolf kills when you lead them to your door, but the will kill someone.

donttread
06-12-2016, 01:11 PM

Wher's that long list of islamic terrorism on American soil before the 70's again?

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Irrevent is whom the wolf kills when you lead them to your door, but the will kill someone.

Wolves aren't ideological and ideas play no part in their selection of prey. This radical Islamist wasn't led anywhere. He deliberately chose his target. That target was a gay club. Yeah, just random. lol

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Wher's that long list of islamic terrorism on American soil before the 70's again?

What is it for? lol You think you're making some kind of point, don't you?

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I keep telling you people that American imperialism is just as much an economic and cultural phenomenon as it is a political one. But no...everyone loves the American way especially when it entails the annihilation of much older cultures and social structures.

donttread
06-12-2016, 01:23 PM
What is it for? lol You think you're making some kind of point, don't you?

I know I am. Terrorist don't attack our mainland because the hate freedom, mini skirts and gays. The do so because of our decades long interference in the internal affairs and massive accociated war proiteering.
Nor orvet and covert intervention in the ME, no shooting at this night club. Again for such a history buff you don't seem to know much about timelines or causations

Ethereal
06-12-2016, 01:29 PM
I keep telling you people that American imperialism is just as much an economic and cultural phenomenon as it is a political one. But no...everyone loves the American way especially when it entails the annihilation of much older cultures and social structures.

I just assume that people are much more resentful and angry about bombs being wantonly dropped on innocent women, children, and elderly people than they are about a few Disney movies showing up on the TV.

Not that economic and cultural forms of imperialism don't exist or aren't causal factors, but I don't see how they could be more significant than the decades of occupation, rendition, torture, oppression, exploitation, and death that characterizes military forms of imperialism.

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:35 PM
I just assume that people are much more resentful and angry about bombs being wantonly dropped on innocent women, children, and elderly people than they are about a few Disney movies showing up on the TV.

Not that economic and cultural forms of imperialism don't exist or aren't causal factors, but I don't see how they could be more significant than the decades of occupation, rendition, torture, oppression, exploitation, and death that characterizes military forms of imperialism.

It's not an assumption I make because I've come to realize that the resentment in question is complex and multifaceted. I also don't believe that everyone really wants to live like us which appears to be an article of faith among Americans of all political backgrounds. Besides, these people kill a lot more Muslims than they do westerners so the deaths of Muslims (close relatives or not) simply can't have the impact you suggest. Moreover, there is a long history of authoritarian government in the Middle East.

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:38 PM
I know I am. Terrorist don't attack our mainland because the hate freedom, mini skirts and gays. The do so because of our decades long interference in the internal affairs and massive accociated war proiteering.
Nor orvet and covert intervention in the ME, no shooting at this night club. Again for such a history buff you don't seem to know much about timelines or causations

Of course not, Everyone wants a fractured society. Everyone wants to jettison ancient cultures in exchange for fast food, MTV and gay weddings.

Anyway, yeah, it just happened to be a gay night club. :rollseyes:

Mister D
06-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Gee, I wonder if Islamic radicals associate the US with gay rights. divorce, feminism and a host of other ills. That's a rhetorical question.

dequ1
06-12-2016, 03:28 PM
'Islamic' terrorism has risen because of ignorance on the part of the Americans. Because of the lack of knowledge, people perish. Islam has no credible thing as 'Holy war'. The Noble Quran does not teach its readers to go and war against humanity. But who is going to stop those who do if there is no knowledge of the truth to what 'jihad' is? A little researching and investigating can lead to many false loopholes that no one knows is there being discovered. An example of this can be the common belief/misbelief that the first British arrivals to America were the Pilgrims on the Mayflower. Truth sets one free from the lies of the un-Holy. Holiness is Truth and all forms of the Truth.

The Sage of Main Street
06-12-2016, 04:05 PM
If those of you who believe the ME just hates us upon general principles enough to conduct terrorism on America soil are correct, then major islamic terrorist attacks on American soil should pre date our interventionism in the region.
If there was little or no terrorist activity on American soil prior to our interventionism in their world then it would stand to reason that said interventionism has brought these wolves to our door. Not to mention that this is often the reason they give for their vile actions.
I'm having some trouble finding much major islamic terrorism on American soil before the 70's or 80's long after interventionism has begun and even been ramped up.
Remember, for the attack to have been on American soil, there had to be an America so anything prior to 1776 doesn't count. Nor does piracy of a western ship sailing in or near their waters.
So tell me what ya got There were few, if any Muslims here before multiculturalist traitors opened the gates. Far away, Islam was dormant only because it was weak and poor. That changed after the Oil Arab Embargo of 1973, which funded international terrorist raids.

And its Neanderthalic predators have been our natural enemies since the Stone Age. We didn't intervene enough and should have crushed this religion before it could become reenergized.

waltky
06-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Early reports: Orlando shooter homophobe, wife beater...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
Orlando shooter homophobe and wife beater: reports
June 12, 2016 - Reports on the gunman who attacked a Florida gay nightclub and triggered a shooting that left 50 dead paint a picture of a violent and prejudiced young man.

The suspect, 29-year-old Omar Mateen, is a Muslim American of Afghan descent and police are investigating whether he may have had a terrorist motive. US law enforcement is investigating whether he had ties to or was inspired by Islamist extremism, after a source linked to the Islamic State group claimed the attack. And the FBI confirmed that they had received reports that he made a call just before the massacre to claim allegiance to the Islamic State group. But relatives interviewed by US media say Mateen, who worked as a security officer, was not especially religious. But he did have anti-gay views and had regularly assaulted a former wife.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/YyQ.ZxwJo22rY3qeqt9MjQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9Mzk5O2g9NTQ2O2lsPX BsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/9c8df297b58a9c1d9b0f6a706700d812.jpg
This undated image provided by the Orlando Police Department shows Omar Mateen, the shooting suspect at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Fla.

Mateen's shocked father, Mir Seddique, said his son had recently been offended to see two gay men expressing affection on a Miami street. "We were in downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music," the father told NBC News in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. "And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry," Seddique said. The father is a minor celebrity in Afghan political circles, hosting an occasional television show in which he expressed hardline views.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/5nEgRW7EVgC6g.DW8S807A--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTAyNDtoPTY4MjtpbD 1wbGFuZQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/Part-GTY-539551222-1-1-0.jpg
https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-reports-orlando-shooter-homophobe-wife-beater-183854886.html?ref=gs

In the "Durand Jirga Show," available on YouTube, he rails against the Pakistani government and announces a quixotic bid to seek the Afghan presidency. Sunday's attack, which became the worst mass shooting in modern US history, was carried out in the Pulse nightclub, a well-known gay hangout. "We are in shock like the whole country," Seddique added. "This had nothing to do with religion." In a separate interview, a former wife of the suspect who left him in 2011 fearing for her life, said he was violently abusive.

- 'He beat me' - (https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-reports-orlando-shooter-homophobe-wife-beater-183854886.html?ref=gs)

See also:

Kevlar Helmet Saves Orlando Officer
June 12, 2016 - Following the tragic mass shooting at an Orlando nightclub Sunday, police posted a photo that shows just how close one officer came to losing his own life.

The Orlando Police Department posted the picture of the SWAT officer's helmet that was struck by a bullet fired by the gunman on it's Twitter account.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/06/16x9/640x360/helmet.575d9ad936418.jpg

"Pulse shooting: In hall of gunfire in which suspect was killed, OPD officer was hit. Kevlar helmet saved his life," the department tweeted.

The gunman who attacked patrons of the Pulse nightclub was identified as 29-year-old Omar Mateen. Authorities are investigating the shooting as an act of terrorism.

http://www.officer.com/news/12219802/photo-kevlar-helmet-saves-orlando-officers-life

Subdermal
06-12-2016, 10:01 PM
If those of you who believe the ME just hates us upon general prinipals enough to conduct terrorism on America soil are correct then major islamic terrorist attacks on American soil should pre date our interventionism in the region.

Your conclusions are silly.

Causation/correlation fallacy.

waltky
06-12-2016, 11:18 PM
ISIS claims credit for Orlando gun massacre...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_gun.gif
Islamic State claims responsibility for Orlando nightclub shooting
Jun 12 2016 - Islamic State's Amaq news agency said on Sunday that the Islamist militant group was responsible for the shooting that killed at least 50 people in a massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

"The armed attack that targeted a gay night club in the city of Orlando in the American state of Florida which left over 100 people dead or injured was carried out by an Islamic State fighter," Amaq said.

http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160612&t=2&i=1140996874&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC5B0LR
Friends and family members embrace outside the Orlando Police Headquarters in Orlando, Florida

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-claim-idUSKCN0YY0VU

See also:

Gunman in worst U.S. massacre described as 'quiet' but grew hateful
Jun 12 2016 - The photo from Omar Mateen’s high school yearbook is hardly remarkable - a toothy, dimpled smile with a peach-fuzz mustache below a mop of black hair.

His transformation from high school football player to perpetrator of America's worst mass shooting raises questions about whether red flags were missed over the depth of his apparent sympathies with Muslim extremists. As families of the victims grieved and the nation recoiled at the scale of yet another mass shooting, a picture began to emerge of the 29-year-old killer as a quiet, devout person who in recent years displayed a hateful and violent streak. Early on Sunday, he stormed a packed gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, with a handgun and AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, fatally shooting 50 people before police killed him. Fifty-three others were wounded, many critically.

His ex-wife, Sitora Yusufiy, described him as "bipolar," and emotionally disturbed with a violent temper. She said she had been beaten and otherwise physically abused by Mateen during outbursts in which he would "express hatred towards everything". She was "rescued" by family members just four months into a stormy marriage that began in 2009 and ended in divorce, she said. "He would often get into fights with his parents, but as I was the only one in his life most of the violence was directed towards me,” she told reporters in Boulder, Colorado outside a home where she was staying. She said he aspired to be a police officer and had worked as a correctional officer at a detention center for juvenile delinquents in Fort Pierce, Florida, and had once sought admission to a police academy.

http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160612&t=2&i=1141017916&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC5B0QS
An undated photo from a social media account of Omar Mateen, who Orlando Police have identified as the suspect in the mass shooting at a gay nighclub in Orlando, Florida

In Fort Pierce on Florida’s southeast coast, 120 miles (195 km) from the shooting, the imam at the mosque that Mateen attended for nearly 10 years described him as a regular worshipper who was quiet and rarely interacted with the congregation. "He hardly had any friends," Syed Shafeeq Rahman, who heads the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, told Reuters. "He would come with his little son at night to pray and after he would leave." Rahman said Mateen never approached him regarding any concerns about homosexuals. He usually prayed at the mosque a few times a week, mostly in evenings and as recently as Friday, but he didn't display signs of radicalism, according to fellow worshippers interviewed by Reuters.

Mateen was born in New York of Afghan descent but spent most of his life in Florida, attending Martin County High School in Stuart, a small city about a 20-minute drive from the Fort Pierce condominium where had most recently lived. A classmate described him as a typical teen who played football. A school yearbook image of Mateen was seen by Reuters. Samuel King, who was one year ahead of Mateen, said the two often spoke after Mateen graduated in 2004. King waited tables at Ruby Tuesday’s restaurant at Treasure Coast Square, a mall where Mateen worked at GNC, the nutrition store, he said.

MORE (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-gunman-idUSKCN0YY11B)

Related:

Father of Orlando shooter hosted political show on Afghan-Pakistan issues
Jun 12 2016 | WASHINGTON - The Afghan-born father of Omar Mateen, the man police identified as the gunman who killed 50 people at a packed gay nightclub in Florida on Sunday, is a fringe political commentator who rails against Pakistan and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.

Seddique Mateen, who public records indicate is the father of Omar Mateen, had an occasional television show on a U.S.-based Afghan satellite channel for about three years, and has continued to post political commentaries on his Facebook page as recently as Sunday. Omar Khatab, the owner of the California-based satellite channel Payam-e-Afghan, said in an interview that Seddique Mateen occasionally bought time on his channel to broadcast a show called "Durand Jirga," which focused in part on the disputed Durand Line, the frontier between Afghanistan and Pakistan demarcated by the Indian subcontinent's former British rulers.

In an interview with NBC News on Sunday, Seddique Mateen, also known as Mir Siddique, said his son's rampage had "nothing to do with religion." He described an incident in downtown Miami in which his son, U.S.-born Omar Mateen, 29, of Florida, saw two men kissing in front of his wife and child and became very angry. "We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident," NBC News quoted Seddique Mateen as saying. "We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."

Seddique Mateen lives in Florida, according to public records, but it was not immediately known when he came to the United States. He did not return messages left on his phone, which appeared to be turned off, or respond to an email. Khatab said Seddique Mateen would show up at his studio in Canoga Park, California, "three or four times a year" to tape his shows. "He'd talk for about two to three hours," Khatab said in a phone interview. "He'd buy his own time and come here and broadcast and leave within a day."

CRITICAL OF PAKISTAN'S ISI (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-father-idUSKCN0YY109)

waltky
06-13-2016, 01:10 AM
So say the so-called 'experts'...
:rollseyes:
Mental Illness Not a Factor in Most US Gun Violence, Study Finds
June 11, 2016 - Experts agree that the causes of gun violence are understudied and that the subject should be studied as a public health threat

The drill is almost numbingly the same: After a shooting in the U.S., people stop to honor the victims at the spot where they died. Some leave balloons. Others leave flowers. Some shed tears. The tragedy rivets the nation. And then come the calls to strengthen laws to prevent people with mental illness from gaining access to guns. When President Barack Obama appeared on a CNN program on gun control in January, a sheriff mentioned that the "real problem" in stopping gun violence is getting criminals and "those with mental illness to follow the laws."

http://gdb.voanews.com/B85F976A-4DF8-40A3-B932-52B8B0905E13_w640_r1_s.jpg
Guns seized by the police are displayed during a news conference in New York

U.S. leaders link mental illness with shooting deaths. Obama proposed $500 million to expand mental health treatment in an effort to curb mass shootings and gun violence. “We have seen consistently that an underlying cause of these attacks has been mental illness," said Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan, "and we should look at ways to address this problem.” Yet research shows that people with mental illness, including those with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and severe depression, are not more likely to pick up a gun and kill others than the ordinary person.

Small percentage of gun violence

Beth McGinty, an assistant professor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, just completed a study showing that most people with mental illness in the U.S. are not violent toward others, and that mental illness is not a factor in most gun violence in the United States. "Even if we had a perfect mental health system that treated everyone when they needed it, and gave them effective treatment, we would probably only prevent between 3 and 5 percent of gun violence, and 95 to 97 percent of gun violence would remain untouched," McGinty said in an interview with VOA.

"We have good studies showing that news media coverage of mental illness really focuses on rare acts of violence, often very high-profile acts of violence like mass shootings committed by people with serious mental illness," McGinty said. She said it's gotten to the point that whenever there is a high-profile event involving guns, the first thought about the shooter, whether by officials or reporters, is if there is evidence that the shooter had a mental illness. "Violence helps sell newspapers and so that's often what gets focused on," McGinty said.

Failure to seek other causes (http://www.voanews.com/content/mentally-ill-not-responsible-for-most-gun-related-violence-in-us/3371950.html)

See also:

Facebook Activates 'Safety Check' in Wake of Orlando Massacre
June 12, 2016 - Function, first introduced in October 2014, allows users of the platform to notify friends that they are safe in wake of natural disaster or crisis

Facebook activated its "Safety Check" function for the first time in the United States Sunday after the nightclub massacre in Orlando, Florida. The Safety Check, first introduced in October 2014, allows Facebook users to notify friends that they are safe in the wake of a natural disaster or a crisis. "Waking up this morning, I was deeply upset to hear about the shooting in Orlando. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and the LGBT community," said Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg on his official account.

The shooting quickly emerged as a top trending topic on Facebook and Twitter, with hashtag #PrayforOrlando being one of the top posts throughout the day. Last year, Facebook vowed to turn on the Safety Check more often during disasters in response to criticism that it enabled the function after Islamic State militant attacks on Paris and not the day before, when a bomb killed at least 43 people in Beirut.

Facebook has previously employed its Safety Check feature after emergencies in France, Belgium, Pakistan, Nigeria, India and other countries. Facebook and Twitter were used by people at the scene of the attack at Pulse, the popular gay nightclub in Orlando. Club goers traded messages as they searched for loved ones in the chaotic aftermath of the massacre.

http://www.voanews.com/content/facebook-safety-check/3372891.html

Related:

US Muslim Leaders Strongly Condemn Florida Shooting
June 12, 2016 - Muslims across America showed an outpouring of support for victims after the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history left at least 50 people dead in an Orlando, Florida, nightclub.

The founder of Make Space, an Islamic Center near Washington, D.C., told VOA's Afghan Service that "shooting innocent humans is a cowardly act that every Muslim and every human being should condemn." The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued a statement that said, "We condemn this monstrous attack and offer our heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of all those killed or injured. The Muslim community joins our fellow Americans in repudiating anyone or any group that would claim to justify or excuse such an appalling act of violence."

http://gdb.voanews.com/77A1F4C2-908D-4E86-80CA-86856E2375F9_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy5_cw69.jpg
Council on American-Islamic Relation (CIAR) National Executive Director Nihad Awad answers question during a press conference in Washington, D.C., Sept. 9, 2010. Awad condemned the Orlando shooting as "a hate crime, plain and simple," and asked how the shooter will now "stand before God."

Imam Tariq Rasheed of the Islamic Center of Orlando said, "No religious tradition can ever justify nor condone such ruthless and senseless acts of violence." The Islamic Society of Central Florida condemned the attack and posted on its Facebook page: "We stand united as Americans against any act of violence that tries to bring fear and division to our communities." Imam Muhammad Musri, president of the group American Islam, said, “We condemn the person who did this, whatever ideology he had. No lives should be lost because of anger and hate.” He said he does not know what can be done for what seems like one mass shooting after another. “I condemn all acts of terrorism, especially those done in the name of my faith.”

‘Goal of extremism is to create divisions’

In Washington, Nihad Awad, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said the attack was "a hate crime, plain and simple." He said CAIR’s sympathies lie with the LGBT community, and that the goal of extremism is to create divisions among as many social groups as possible. “As Muslims, as Americans, now is the time to speak out and make it clear, we will not give in to hate, and we will not give in to fear,” Awad said. Noting that the shooter had reportedly pledged allegiance to Islamic State, Awad said to the terror group and its supporters: “How will you stand before God and answer for your crimes against innocent people, thousands of innocent people, Muslims, Christians and other minorities? You do not speak for us, you do not represent us. You are an aberration, an outlaw.”

http://gdb.voanews.com/15C91B28-622A-4E94-BF8C-551D36FBF39F_w640_r1_s.jpg
Medical personnel examine a body at the Orlando Medical Examiner's Office, June 12, 2016, in Orlando, Florida. A gunman opened fire inside a crowded gay nightclub early Sunday, before being killed in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said.

The Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity, which works to support and empower LGBTQ Muslims, said in a statement, "This tragedy cannot be neatly categorized as a fight between the LGBTQ community and the Muslim community. As LGBTQ Muslims, we know that there are many of us who are living at the intersections of LGBTQ identities and Islam. At moments like this, we are doubly affected. We reject attempts to perpetuate hatred against our LGBTQ communities as well as our Muslim communities." Several Muslim organizations across the country, including the Florida chapters of CAIR and the Muslim Council of America, are asking their members to donate blood in solidarity with the victims in Orlando.

http://www.voanews.com/content/us-muslim-leaders-strongly-condemn-florida-shooting/3373317.html

Peter1469
06-13-2016, 04:26 AM
Mental illness is a factor in most mass shootings. Most shooters were taking or suddenly stopped prescription meds- the ones with the black box warning about killing yourself or others.

Mac-7
06-13-2016, 06:00 AM

This is the usual isolationist view of the world.

Muslims have been murdering infidels since mohammed raped his first little boy

Peter1469
06-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Isolationism is a theory. Let Don'tread dream about it.

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:38 AM

There has been interventionism in the Middle East their entire existence. DERP

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:40 AM

No one kills more innocent women and children than Islam; yet idiots think AmeriKa is the great Satan. DERP

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:41 AM
'Islamic' terrorism has risen because of ignorance on the part of the Americans. Because of the lack of knowledge, people perish. Islam has no credible thing as 'Holy war'. The Noble Quran does not teach its readers to go and war against humanity. But who is going to stop those who do if there is no knowledge of the truth to what 'jihad' is? A little researching and investigating can lead to many false loopholes that no one knows is there being discovered. An example of this can be the common belief/misbelief that the first British arrivals to America were the Pilgrims on the Mayflower. Truth sets one free from the lies of the un-Holy. Holiness is Truth and all forms of the Truth.

Wrong; it has risen thanks to the brain dead twit morons on the left helped keep in the White House. DERP

PolWatch
06-13-2016, 06:42 AM
I don't think I'm an isolationist but I can see the increase in ME violence (directed at Western society) since we destabilized the ME. The famous photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Where was Isis then? We put Saddam in power, we took him out. He was a brutal, cruel dictator but he kept the crazies from creating the situation we have today. Hindsight? Yeap....but its better than hindsight created by keeping our heads in the sand and trying to deny our assistance in this madness. We are now faced with the reality of trying to deal with the mess.

How do we bomb an ideology? What city in the nation of Isis can we bomb to eliminate our enemy? We just thought trying to fight jungle guerillas in black pajamas was difficult.

Mac-7
06-13-2016, 06:46 AM
I don't think I'm an isolationist but I can see the increase in ME violence (directed at Western society) since we destabilized the ME. The famous photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Where was Isis then? We put Saddam in power, we took him out. He was a brutal, cruel dictator but he kept the crazies from creating the situation we have today. Hindsight? Yeap....but its better than hindsight created by keeping our heads in the sand and trying to deny our assistance in this madness. We are now faced with the reality of trying to deal with the mess.

How do we bomb an ideology? What city in the nation of Isis can we bomb to eliminate our enemy? We just thought trying to fight jungle guerillas in black pajamas was difficult.

There very few muslims in America 40 years ago and no mudlim terror attacks.

now we have millions of muslims and obumer is adding 100 syrian refugees a day and the muslim terror attacks multiplying.

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:49 AM
I don't think I'm an isolationist but I can see the increase in ME violence (directed at Western society) since we destabilized the ME.

Once again I would love the loonies on the left to show me WHEN the ME was ever stable. Are you suggesting it was stable when Saddam was in charge? Good lord; how hard is it to comprehend the OBVIOUS?

The famous photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam?

Chamberlain shook the hand of Hitler too; was he collaborating with the Nazis??? DERP.

Where was Isis then?

They were always there waiting for a weak ineffectual American apologist twit like Obama to come along and withdraw from the region!

We put Saddam in power, we took him out.

No we did not put Saddam in power and continually claiming that we did is not merely a massive pile of bovine bile, but a sign of mental illness or glaring ignorance.

Saddam took himself out thinking that he could thumb his nose at an American Conservative leader who walked the talk. Unlike the current feckless dipschit that saunters around like he is some kind of rock star.

He was a brutal, cruel dictator but he kept the crazies from creating the situation we have today.

Wrong again; he was a brutal cruel dictator who threatened his neighbors with wars and funded the crazies we are seeing in action today thanks to black version of Elmer Fudd in the White House.

Hindsight? Yeap....but its better than hindsight created by keeping our heads in the sand and trying to deny our assistance in this madness. We are now faced with the reality of trying to deal with the mess.

It is ironic when Liberal who live with their heads in the sand whine about it.

The first step would be to secure the victory we had won with the blood and sacrifice of our troops and not run away leaving the territory to Isis.

I am still struggling to see what this has to do with some nutjob leftist terrorist in Orlando murdering a bunch of gays because he found them offensive.

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:50 AM

now we have millions of muslims and obumer is adding 100 syrian refugees a day and the muslim terror attacks multiplying.

Liberuls have difficulty connecting dots or doing simple math. :biglaugh:

Subdermal
06-13-2016, 06:53 AM
So here's a question.

The leftist 'offense police' say that open carry should not be allowed because it offends and threatens them to see weapons carried in public. Citizens, therefore, should not be allowed to carry their own weapons.

This Muslim was offended by an example of a PDA by two gay guys...so much so that he killed 50 in a gay night club.

Should gays stop engaging in PDA as a result?

Truth Detector
06-13-2016, 06:56 AM

There was plenty of terrorism in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's; but you first most OPEN THOSE TIGHTLY CLOSED EYES!

To better understand the roots and threat of militant Islam, here's a closer look at how modern terrorism has evolved in the Middle East and South Asia.

1968 - 1979: The Dawn of Modern International Terrorism
The colonial era, failed post-colonial attempts at state formation, and the creation of Israel engendered a series of Marxist and anti-Western transformations and movements throughout the Arab and Islamic world. The growth of these nationalist and revolutionary movements, along with their view that terrorism could be effective in reaching political goals, generated the first phase of modern international terrorism.

In the late 1960s Palestinian secular movements such as Al Fatah and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) began to target civilians outside the immediate arena of conflict. Following Israel's 1967 defeat of Arab forces, Palestinian leaders realized that the Arab world was unable to militarily confront Israel. At the same time, lessons drawn from revolutionary movements in Latin America, North Africa, Southeast Asia as well as during the Jewish struggle against Britain in Palestine, saw the Palestinians move away from classic guerrilla, typically rural-based, warfare toward urban terrorism. Radical Palestinians took advantage of modern communication and transportation systems to internationalize their struggle. They launched a series of hijackings, kidnappings, bombings, and shootings, culminating in the kidnapping and subsequent deaths of Israeli athletes during the 1972 Munich Olympic games.

These Palestinian groups became a model for numerous secular militants, and offered lessons for subsequent ethnic and religious movements. Palestinians created an extensive transnational extremist network -- tied into which were various state sponsors such as the Soviet Union, certain Arab states, as well as traditional criminal organizations. By the end of the 1970s, the Palestinian secular network was a major channel for the spread of terrorist techniques worldwide.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/etc/modern.html

Peter1469
06-13-2016, 07:05 AM
There has been interventionism in the Middle East their entire existence. DERP

With fracking, we can treat the Middle East like Darfur. Let the troglodytes murder one another.

Mac-7
06-13-2016, 07:29 AM
So here's a question.

The leftist 'offense police' say that open carry should not be allowed because it offends and threatens them to see weapons carried in public. Citizens, therefore, should not be allowed to carry their own weapons.

This Muslim was offended by an example of a PDA by two gay guys...so much so that he killed 50 in a gay night club.

Should gays stop engaging in PDA as a result?

Good point

the existence of gays was at least as much of a cause of the killing as the existence of guns

donttread
06-13-2016, 06:29 PM

You're anti-imperialism? Well that's a start

donttread
06-13-2016, 06:30 PM
With fracking, we can treat the Middle East like Darfur. Let the troglodytes murder one another.

Which begs the question why is the world's new king oil producer still poking the beehive at all?

donttread
06-13-2016, 06:36 PM
There was plenty of terrorism in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's; but you first most OPEN THOSE TIGHTLY CLOSED EYES!

To better understand the roots and threat of militant Islam, here's a closer look at how modern terrorism has evolved in the Middle East and South Asia.

1968 - 1979: The Dawn of Modern International Terrorism
The colonial era, failed post-colonial attempts at state formation, and the creation of Israel engendered a series of Marxist and anti-Western transformations and movements throughout the Arab and Islamic world. The growth of these nationalist and revolutionary movements, along with their view that terrorism could be effective in reaching political goals, generated the first phase of modern international terrorism.

In the late 1960s Palestinian secular movements such as Al Fatah and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) began to target civilians outside the immediate arena of conflict. Following Israel's 1967 defeat of Arab forces, Palestinian leaders realized that the Arab world was unable to militarily confront Israel. At the same time, lessons drawn from revolutionary movements in Latin America, North Africa, Southeast Asia as well as during the Jewish struggle against Britain in Palestine, saw the Palestinians move away from classic guerrilla, typically rural-based, warfare toward urban terrorism. Radical Palestinians took advantage of modern communication and transportation systems to internationalize their struggle. They launched a series of hijackings, kidnappings, bombings, and shootings, culminating in the kidnapping and subsequent deaths of Israeli athletes during the 1972 Munich Olympic games.

These Palestinian groups became a model for numerous secular militants, and offered lessons for subsequent ethnic and religious movements. Palestinians created an extensive transnational extremist network -- tied into which were various state sponsors such as the Soviet Union, certain Arab states, as well as traditional criminal organizations. By the end of the 1970s, the Palestinian secular network was a major channel for the spread of terrorist techniques worldwide.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/etc/modern.html

What part of "American soil" is giving you the problems. The bottom, undeniable line is that islamic terrorist on American soil FOLLOWED our fucking with their region long and hard.
We are the chicken , they ar the egg.

donttread
06-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Mental illness is a factor in most mass shootings. Most shooters were taking or suddenly stopped prescription meds- the ones with the black box warning about killing yourself or others.

Not a huge big pharma fan as you know, but you can't jut look at the meds you need to look at the behavior that led to the meds. If an individual diabetic bottoms out on insulin and they cause a car crash, we don't rush to blame insulin uin general.
If I had to guess many of these shooters are psychotics being treated with anti-depressant and anti-anxieites that ain't gonna work much better that a bllod pressure med will treat the flu

Ethereal
06-14-2016, 01:08 PM

That's right.

Just ignore her point about the US government's collusion with Middle Eastern dictators like Saddam Hussein.

That way you can remain in your "It's all Muslim's fault" dreamland where the US government can do no wrong.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:35 PM

To me, the only way terrorism got in the United States in the first place is when Americans began accepting every form of doctrine and ways and policies that came off of airplanes and boats. Being on the Person himself/herself or being in books or other things.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not even a Fundamental American but I'm sure sounding a lot more Fundamental than a lot of these people here.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:39 PM
https://youtu.be/b3LdMAqUMnM?t=4

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Assault machines belong only in Miltary....

Common Sense
06-14-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm not even a Fundamental American but I'm sure sounding a lot more Fundamental than a lot of these people here.

You're certainly putting the mental back in fundamental.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:48 PM

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:49 PM
14998 <<<<< not u.s. Military 1499915000

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:50 PM
You're certainly putting the mental back in fundamental.

Which gives me plenty of room to learn more....

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Palestinian Children Face Routine Physical Abuse, Violence and Torture During Arrest Raids and Detention by Israel
http://www.globalresearch.ca/palestinian-children-face-routine-physical-abuse-violence-and-torture-during-arrest-raids-and-detention-by-israel/5425573

Is this true??? 15001

dequ1
06-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Israel Military: 15002150031500415005

Does anyone know the different 'military fatigues' each branch of Military uses here and overseas???

Looking at these 4 pictures... which picture is not the same as the other 3? The first, third and fourth pictures seem to fit the same hue of green in their fatigues. The second picture seems to be off in hue. But the hue in the 2nd picture is the same hue in the picture where the guy is pointing the rifle at the kid... And the hue of the second picture is more in lines with the 'women's' fatigue more than with the 'men's' fatigue.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:03 PM
So is that picture of the supposedly Israel military holding an assault rifle at the child really an Israeli Military soldier??? Really? 15006 15007

donttread
06-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Of course not, Everyone wants a fractured society. Everyone wants to jettison ancient cultures in exchange for fast food, MTV and gay weddings.

Anyway, yeah, it just happened to be a gay night club. :rollseyes:

You forgot your point

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:06 PM
15008 compared to 15009

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:07 PM
15010 compared to 15011

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
completely different 'greens' on Israel and the rifle toter.

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:10 PM
But back to.....15013150141501515016

dequ1
06-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Is Israel getting a marred name because we can't actually see what is going on there but are only taking in things like this as any form of proof?

Palestinian Children Face Routine Physical Abuse, Violence and Torture During Arrest Raids and Detention by Israel
http://www.globalresearch.ca/palesti...israel/5425573 (http://www.globalresearch.ca/palestinian-children-face-routine-physical-abuse-violence-and-torture-during-arrest-raids-and-detention-by-israel/5425573)

How many FALSE things about Israel may have been accepted by these 'misleading' things?????

"Globalresearch" sure does sound "REPUTABLE".

Peter1469
06-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Which begs the question why is the world's new king oil producer still poking the beehive at all?

The hard left wants to ban fracking. If they get their way we might as well invade the ME again.

Mister D
06-14-2016, 06:47 PM
You forgot your point

I have no idea what you mean. Do you?

donttread
06-14-2016, 10:00 PM
The hard left wants to ban fracking. If they get their way we might as well invade the ME again.

Great point. But nothing to do with feeding the global military complex's economic needs? WE certainly do seem to be hedging our bets and lining up Russia and China as new cold war opponents.